• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I guess you're talking of Smell of the Game.
To be honest there are a few songs they would have to censor. If they pick said songs, of course.

Like this one. Which I really hope they add if by some miracle Sol gets in.

Also this one I guess

And at least a few? of the new tracks for Strive would probably be censored if they also picked those.
I mean, Smell of the Game has a cleaner variant midway through ("Can't you see I'm blazing?"), so they can probably edit it fairly easily like with Mass Destruction. Might sound a bit awkward due to the way it's sung, but it won't change the fact that it's %$#@ing Smell of the Game.
It's weird that people forgot that Digimon and also Agumon even existed they're basically the equivalent of SNK's Fatal Fury/King of Fighters VS Capcom's Street Fighter, a rivalry that ended years ago but still remember fondly. Now everyone start requesting Dark Souls and Tales of character.
To be fair, Lloyd's been popular since at least the Smash 4 era. I haven't been part of the hardcore speculative scene for very long, but I'm pretty sure he was also gaining steam around the Brawl era too.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
We need something to talk about
Uh
Uuuuuuuh

How many of your most wanteds have something named after them? Because Reimu has a flower named after her, just throwing that out there.

Yes, that's a thing. If you have any doubts, just look up "Reimu flower" and see what happens.

Election day. And by election day, I mean doomsday.
G-g-ge-g-ge-g-g-enoci--

Wh-wha-wh-what do you mean I c-c-c-c-c-c-an't say that h-h-h-here?

Now everyone start requesting Dark Souls and Tales of character.
Artorias because I beat him first try and he's spiritually based on Guts in Berserk. More anime swordsmen! :4pacman:

On a more serious note, the guy'd be sick, though only being able to use one arm might be a bit tricky for certain things. I'm also low-key rooting for Siegmeyer, even though he has no chance at all over any other Dark Souls rep.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
:nessecho: - hey buddy. can’t help but notice you were about to say the g word. can’t have that, unless you wanna have a bad time.
G-g-ge-g-ge-g-g-enoci--

Wh-wha-wh-what do you mean I c-c-c-c-c-c-an't say that h-h-h-here?
Hey if Geno got in and he had a sacrificial KO move would we call it Genocide?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah not many people care about Digimon. It's sad. It never really got pass it's reputation of being a Pokemon clone even though they are very different when it comes to the lore, characters, and stories. It even gets really dark at times. Hopefully if Agumon gets into Smash one day the general public may give Digimon more of a chance.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah not many people care about Digimon. It's sad. It never really got pass it's reputation of being a Pokemon clone even though they are very different when it comes to the lore, characters, and stories. It even gets really dark at times. Hopefully if Agumon gets into Smash one day the general public may give Digimon more of a chance.
Yeah, especially considering that Digimon really isn't a Pokemon clone at all. It just started at a bad time.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Digimon is severely underappreciated. It definitely needs more love!

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have barely listened Blazblue songs, so I can't speak for that. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if a few Blazblue songs would need censorship in case we get some Blazblue music lol
Not counting the L. A. Vocal covers, there aren't many vocal tracks with lyrics in the Blazblue series.

Some song names might have to be censored, but that's not a big deal.

If any song is going to be censored, it's going to be this one.
Somehow I don't think the lyrics "When you die, where's your god?" is appropriate for good little boys and girls.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I was about to say, I think both the Byleth Trailer and Ashen Wolves Trailer were going to be shown together either way. It’s kinda suspicious that everyone knew Smash wasn’t going to be at TGA all at once so it seems likely that one or the other just wasn’t ready in time so they pulled the reveals.

It was a marketing thing more than anything I figure. There’s no way Byleth would’ve been a bad reveal especially since Three Houses won the players choice award there.

Edit: Smash fans have a tendency to assume that if THEY didn’t receive it well then it means NO ONE watching the stream would receive it well. Believe it or not, a lot of people in the Smash fandom didn’t receive Joker well.
Fair points, but I really wasn't thinking in terms of what Smash fans would enjoy, but rather non-Nintendo fans which are in abundance at TGA. I certainly don't think no one would've been excited by Byleth, but they really aren't the way to draw in NEW consumers like Joker was. I feel a decent portion of the viewers' reactions would've been "who?"

It's possible that a lack of preparedness as well as the TGA demographic contributed to Byleth not being shown, but if it was only a lack of preparation I don't see why SOMETHING couldn't be shown. I feel that TGA is a platform you have to take advantage of.

All that said, it was just still just a theory. I'm sure I could be wrong.

There will never be another joker at the game awards. If they have a smash reveal there, I am certain they will telegraph it beforehand.
This amount of certitude gets us no where. You can't possibly know this for a fact.

I was saying- I think Byleth was incredibly troublesome of a reveal, that even Nintendo seemed to acknowledge was not going to be receive well.

Yet, contrary to the evidence I stated- I cannot actually find a place in my heart that believes Nintendo would have entirely chosen the character if they felt it would be received so poorly as to be embarrassed to show it.

Then again... what was that 2004 or so E3, with the Wii music game?
Ah I see. Yea, it's hard to know what's going on in their heads. I still feel like they would figure that maybe TGA wasn't the best place to show off Byleth.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Funny enough theres an interview were several pokemon designers that worked on both series mention how digimon allowed more freedom with designs than pokemon

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Spirit Event: Characters with masks.

NOTHING NEW

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

NOTHING NEW!
Deep breath

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Just like a lot of franchises, like:
  • Dragalia Lost
I prefer having Gran/Djeeta as the representation of Cygames and I'm not trying to make ties with that "Granblue fighting game" leak with Katalina as the front face of that which is kinda dumb :/

SharkLord

Smash Hero

NOTHING NEW
bottom text

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Masked characters spirit event.

Ryu Hayabusa wears a mask.

Spirit event revealed the same night as a big election.

Ryu confirmed to have been elected as fighter 8.

Hey it wouldn't be the silliest logic applied to Smash speculation.
I vote Scorpion from Mortal Kombat instead of Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden because he is a cooler ninja than him #VoteforScorpion

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Masked characters spirit event.

Ryu Hayabusa wears a mask.

Spirit event revealed the same night as a big election.

Ryu confirmed to have been elected as fighter 8.

Hey it wouldn't be the silliest logic applied to Smash speculation.
If we're going that route, wouldn't the character need to be a politician?

I nominate Abraham Lincoln from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.!

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898

NOTHING NEW
Guess no swsh expansion spirits then. I can see why

prob because they usually focus more on the base game of that game/series than its dlc

so for what either promotional dlc fighters or Post launch spirits get added they only promote the base game and not the dlc(the new arms fighters after it’s game released were added via update and not paid dlc so it Dosent count)

and swsh already promoted its new game via a post launch spirit event a year ago, so what’s the point in promoting it again even if most think it’s the last dlc fighter? Because it’s Pokémon? This makes no sense at all

it’s time to stop

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, it was mentioned that Nintendo approached Sakurai and said "we want to reveal Joker at The Game Awards" before Sakurai had even started development on the character, so that's probably where the idea comes from.

The reveal was very much planned in advance, it was just that Sakurai wasn't prepared enough to reveal gameplay at that time.
Joker Steals the Show!

"Oh, we don't even have a finished model yet, here's Joker's Mask floating around in the game."

In the alternate timeline where that happened, this thread would've been in shambles for months.

NOTHING NEW
You'll never see it comiiiiiing! :4dedede:

So we're in for another round of "Waiting fervershly for the next franchise to get Spirit-ed Away without warning", huh? Great. Just great. /s obviously.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

NOTHING NEW
SHY GUY CONFIRMED!!!

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131