• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
You serious?
Both The Last of Us 1 and 2 are two of the few games whose characters REALLY feels like real people! The way they act and relate with each other is the most genuine and real I've ever seen in a videogame. Other games that feels like that are To the Moon and Finding Paradise (even though they're RPG Maker games)
The first game I'd agree. In the second? All their development goes out the window and no one acts rationally. No romance in the game felt organic. The game's preachiness about what is bad yet forcing you to do said things? That's handled so poorly. The entire plot of this game hinges on no one having an ounce of rationality. The antagonist, again, has no semblance of a real human brain when it comes to the events at hand and acts like a victim when Ellie strikes back against her. I won't derail this thread further but there's so many times the characters in TLOU2 drive you to insanity because of how absolutely bone headed/irrational they're acting.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
If the main villain doesn't spawn a million meme edits from various assorted screenshots then I don't give a flying %$#@
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Talks a bit about the very real issue of child soldiers, something Raiden himself was once.

What everyone remembers from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: NANOMACHINES SON!

As someone who has a hoard of Joy Division shirts, which started sincerely, became ironic, and now is at concerning levels, I’m going to have to get my hands on Travis’ shirt somehow.

That is all. Thank you for your time.
I'm getting the impression that this will end with you getting a 3D Printer soon enough just so you can have a whole hoard of Travis' shirts. :4dedede:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real question that I want to ask. If the next character is confirmed coming from Koei Tecmo how do you feel if that character is not Ryu Hayabusa and instead the Warriors series like Zhao Yun or potentially Yukimura Sanada as his alternate costume? it's pretty clear that the Warriors series is the head mascot of Koei Tecmo than Ninja Gaiden giving that the series itself has multiple spin-offs that adapted the Musou genre of gameplay into them like Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Scramble for example in which it build their relationship with company like Nintendo and Sega/Atlus even closer and the fact that the Ninja Giden series bombed so hard and go on a hiatus after Itagaki (the person who revived the series) left the company and worked on Devil's Third which also a failure and the only way that they could make him relevant is by having him appear as guest character just like what Capcom did to make their series like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Ghosts n' Goblins relevant.
I was floating the idea of Yukimura being an Echo for Zhao Yun, but I died down on thinking that. At best, Yukimura would rather be a Semi-Clone since they have similar body structures but attack differently. Other than that, I'm all for Dynasty Warriors in Smash and for a playable Koei-Tecmo character.

Though on that bit on Ninja Gaiden, Itagaki left Team Ninja before Ninja Gaiden 3 and the merger between Koei and Tecmo. I just wanted to mention that incase people think he was still around when Yaiba came out.

No seriously though, there should be no war between Hayabusa and a Warriors character like how Microsoft had Banjo and Steve wars. If fate is to repeat itself, it looks like Hayabusa is winning this one.
Eh I wouldn't worry about that happening. Unlike Steve, there really isn't a big following around the Warriors series within the Smash community for it to turn that way. Take a look at all the people that see Age of Calamity right now and tell me if most of them think Hey maybe this means we're getting Dynasty Warriors in Smash cause I can tell you there's very few people who believe that.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
bros...

IT'S TIME

it's just gonna be a mii outfit lol

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Talks a bit about the very real issue of child soldiers, something Raiden himself was once.

What everyone remembers from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: NANOMACHINES SON!
In all fairness, Metal Gear kinda has a thing with combining heavy topics with surreal bull%$#@, plus the unintentional humor of using memes in the unironic definition during the rise of the internet.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
bros...

IT'S TIME

"This info comes from a source who would like to remain anonymous however is credible." is the most sus thing a leak can say

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
bros...

IT'S TIME

As if Steve wasn't controversial enough...

Though yeah, it'll probably be a Mii Costume.
"This info comes from a source who would like to remain anonymous however is credible." is the most sus thing a leak can say
Is this the part where I call an emergency meeting?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Wanted to hear some thoughts on this.

If Mother 3 was officially localized for the Switch, do you think that would be a major announcement, or something that flies under most people's radars? I'm curious about how big of an audience there would be willing to buy the game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

If Mother 3 was officially localized for the Switch, do you think that would be a major announcement, or something that flies under most people's radars? I'm curious about how big of an audience there would be willing to buy the game.
Considering the fact that a good chunk of people haven't shut up about Mother 3 for over a decade to the point where Nintendo themselves have acknowledged it, I'd say it would be pretty major.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Considering it's a big enough meme to become a gag in an E3 skit, I'd say it'd probably have a high chance of breaking Twitter in lieu of whatever political nonsense is going on at the time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
bros...

IT'S TIME

Please be just a Mii Costume or Spirit Event. I don't think I'd be able to take Steve and Jonesy back to back.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
bros...

IT'S TIME

Gonna throw up if they become a fighter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
inb4 Smash acknowledges that Unreal was a game series, not just a very popular game engine, and gives us Prisoner 849 or Malcolm while Jonesy is a Mii costume.

BTW has that rule regarding mentioning M rated games in E rated ones ever affected a game's ability to say it's powered by the Unreal Engine, or is the name Unreal too associated with the engine and not the games nowadays to censor it?

SKX31

Smash Master
I'll only accept it as true if the leaker promises that Fortnite's Smash appearance will spoil Star Wars Episode X somehow. :4pacman:

Though yeah, it'll probably be a Mii Costume.
I'm pretty sure that even a Fortnite Mii Costume would break Twitter.

Especially if it turned out to be PreMiium and it comes with a song that's featured in Fortnite Party Royale. The insane licensing costs alone (which is why I strongly doubt will happen) would be a major reason why.

(FTR, I wouldn't mind Jonesy as a character at all.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I think it'd be a huge deal. At this point Mother 3 has become famous for not releasing in the West. It's one of those "this will never happen" deals like Half-Like 3. So I imagine the reaction would be something.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Honestly if Fortnite is Not a Character, but is a Mii Costume, I'm gonna take a guess and say it would come with an FPS and/or Shooter Character. I think Nintendo would want to try and appeal to that Demographic

Also Fortnite i believe was apart of Japan's Biggest games for children, so you know

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Honestly if Fortnite is Not a Character, but is a Mii Costume, I'm gonna take a guess and say it would come with an FPS and/or Shooter Character. I think Nintendo would want to try and appeal to that Demographic

Also Fortnite i believe was apart of Japan's Biggest games for children, so you know
Like how Travis came with a Hack and Slash character or how sans came with an RPG character.../s

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If we're getting a playable character from Fortnite, there's one in particular that I'm hoping for...
The game doesn't interest me all that much, but the fact that you can essentially have Marvel and DC heroes having a dance off then gunning down one another in the same game is honestly really badass. Like, Brawl-Sonic-reveal-level badass.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
bros...

IT'S TIME

I think you just described how Smash "leakers" acts whenever there's video game news. Anyways, I'd be okay with Fortnite getting in Smash whether as a Challenger Pack, a spirit event, or a costume; I don't understand what the big fuss is all about.

Probably the latter.
Like how Travis came with a Hack and Slash character or how sans came with an RPG character.../s
Tails and Cuphead came with Platformer characters, and Vault Boy came with an RPG character too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Marvel and DC
Actually that reminds me

Is Fortnite even interested in a crossover with something not made in America? Because AFAIK, all the properties it's crossed over with are made in, you guessed it. Of course, this would be a crossover that takes place outside of Fortnite, but I can't imagine the devs of a game that has featured NFL skins and not ones for a sporting league the rest of the world cares about more caring all that much about seeing Jonesy alongside Japanese properties.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well Travis did come with an Indie Character

And Sans was Requested (as Sakurai Said) Like Banjo

They've been bundling Fighting game characters with Fighting Game Mii Costumes, no reason they can't do the same with FPS Character. Of course they could put Costumes at Random, some patterns aren't as obvious as others, and honestly even some of the patterns (like the one with Sans) might be looking to much into it, but it's possible that the Mii Costume placements are Sophisticated

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well Travis did come with an Indie Character
Minecraft was an indie game and then it was bought out for Billions of dollars. and is owned by one of the largest gaming companies in history. That is not Indie.

Depending on your definition of Indie, I guess you can consider NMH as Indie.

But I don't think they will or won't add a Mii costume based on what Genre they are.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Minecraft was an indie game and then it was bought out for Billions of dollars. and is owned by one of the largest gaming companies in history. That is not Indie.

Depending on your definition of Indie, I guess you can consider NMH as Indie.

But I don't think they will or won't add a Mii costume based on what Genre they are.
It's not Indie now, but it was in it's origin, and considering Mojiang AB is listed (which is their OG Name I beliieve), I think the team know that

In any case, I don't think they are Adding costumes based on genre, but I think there's a good possibility they they Position the mii costumes they are making to the best spot where they make Sense, in terms of Theme. That theme might be based on Genre, like with Fighting games. It might also be based on Company, Requested characters, Weapon Triangle (Byleth's), etc

But that's just a Theory, and looking heavily into it. If Fortnite is a Costume, that doesn't automatically mean we get an FPS Character, but if FPS Character is in Pass, That's perfect place to put Fortnite, even if Fortnite is 3rd person

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Actually that reminds me

Is Fortnite even interested in a crossover with something not made in America? Because AFAIK, all the properties it's crossed over with are made in, you guessed it. Of course, this would be a crossover that takes place outside of Fortnite, but I can't imagine the devs of a game that has featured NFL skins and not ones for a sporting league the rest of the world cares about more caring all that much about seeing Jonesy alongside Japanese properties.
Considering said Japanese properties are ****ing Mario and Sonic, I highly doubt Epic Games would be opposed to having Fortnite content in Smash.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If Mii Costumes were 100% added based on a theme, Heihachi would've been added with the fighting game Mii wave with Terry.
ARMS is a 3D Fighting game, Just like Tekken

And I agree that Costumes aren't added based of themes, but likely scenario is that they are placed in specific pack due to Specific themes

7NATOR

Smash Master
I...
That's... Kinda contradictory.
What I mean is I don't think Mii Costumes are chosen to be added to the game in general just based of a Theme like Genre and such, though anything based on Franchise or Company probably is added on those merits

What I think is possible is that Mii Costumes are Placed Specfically in Certain packs to Go with a Specfic theme.

So Like I don't think Ubisoft Costumes were Added to the game because of Byleth, but Possibly they were bundled with Byleth Specfically because of her Theme (3 Weapons)

Slime Master

Smash Ace
BTW did anything ever happen with Kirby in that one Fortnite trailer? IE, was Kirby ever actually in Fortnite? Not that I think the answer effects Jonsey's chances much, but it's a data point anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom