• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Aaaand it's another tourney : (

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
reflecting event tourney? man

I think they might be recycling events tourney. i could have sworn there was an event like this already

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Aaaand it's another tourney
facedesks

oh loooooooooooooooord

again???

a-****ing-gain!

nothin new

nothing changed

same ol' ****!

SAME OL' *ING *!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
reflecting event? man

I think they might be recycling events. i could have sworn there was an event like this already
The difference is that one was all characters who had a reflecting move.
This one has everyone wear a Franklin Badge so projectiles are effectively non viable.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Still no new Spirits
GordonSadge.jpg

c'mon man

i just want another deconfirm

SKX31

Smash Master

OH ****

CAPCOM CONFIRMED

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Looks like those who were expecting new Spirits are going to have to take some time and reflect on other matters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

come on! is it so much to ask for a blood sacrifice?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
come on yall

the material for spirit events is RIGHT THERE

Undertale, NMH, Goemon, Tekken, TMS Encore (yeah i know we have one spirit already. that's just it. only one?), XenoblaDE Future Connected, Luigi's Mansion 3, the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on AND ON!

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What spirit event do you all think would cause the biggest shift in speculation? I feel like a Ninja Gaiden spirit event would make me doubt everything.
Depends on what we're going for. In terms of general representation, it would probably be someone like Hayabusa or Crash; Someone who's considered a natural inclusion and doesn't have a new release that Nintendo is specifically propping up. In terms of company representation, if a company frontrunner like Kiryu for Sega or Lloyd for Bamco get Spirited, I'll bet a lot of people are going to count out that company entirely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You say that when Dante and Phoenix Wright are some of the most speculated characters out there. Though I am also surprised IDOLM@STER hasn't gotten an event yet.
probably cause it hasn't had much actual (as in releases) success in the west, most of its fans know of it via the internet

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
What spirit event do you all think would cause the biggest shift in speculation? I feel like a Ninja Gaiden spirit event would make me doubt everything.
I don't think any spirit event would have enough weight to shake up my views on Smash speculation. I think it's probably because Byleth already did that. (I wanted Byleth but at the same time, I was expecting a third party.)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Whoa! Starting on X/XX, the spirit board will have four new spirits from the Crash Bandicoot series! Crash, Coco, Dr. Cortex, and even Spyro make an appearance!

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898

I expected this week to be a swsh expansion pass spirit event

oh well looks like there’s always next week
And next week is when the swsh game & dlc bundle release so it can still happen

And if it Dosent then they prob didn’t feel like promoting the Pokémon dlc (nor dose it mean anything)

just like how byleth didn’t promote nor mentioned the dlc when she came out in her pack

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In terms of which companies received DLC Spirits:

Sega: Persona
Capcom: Resident Evil
Square Enix: Dragon Quest, Mana, and Octopath
Microsoft: Banjo, Minecraft
Arc Sys: Kunio

It's weird for Namco to not even get a spirit event in.
Konami hasn't either, though you don't have a lot of options to choose from aside from Goemon and already represented series

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can give it another shot. But I was really, really soured by the entire series with the Xbox Series. Having endless debates about "what is a real gamer" and "get gud". I remember so many of the "you are not a real gamer if X" conversations going on and at the time, it was NG that lead the charge. And then the game had to insult people who were not up to the standards the hat of a creator expected. Was worse then the Undertale fans during their annoying hayday.

I will go back and try the NES games. I have them on my Wii. I will see if my opinion changes. There is lots of love for the series here.
I would recommend playing the game somewhere that has a rewind function or save states which I think the NES Online has? I’m not sure but if you want to actually just have fun with the games I recommend that. If save states aren’t on NES Online I would go with 3DS if they’re on there. I honestly can’t remember if they were ever ported there or not. But yeah, the games are hard so if you just want to play to enjoy them do that.

Also, if the idea that the game “laughed at you” for going into Ninja Dog on NG Black or Sigma. I would recommend going back to it in hindsight and just accepting the little jabs as a bit of fun. The easy mode, as pointed out by this article, is one of the best in the character action genre if you can ignore the Ayane stuff which is just kind of funny in hindsight. But yeah, I know you were soured back then but now, who gives a **** how you play? Play the way you want to and if you want the game to be easier? Do it! I support every step of the way as long as you’re enjoying the games. If not? Put the controller down and walk away from that game forever. No hard feelings! I’m not gonna give you **** because I’m happy as hell you gave it a second chance; if you so choose.

If I had to recommend anything, I would wait till early next year to see if that Sigma Trilogy is legit so you can snag them there. Glad you’re going to at least give the NES games a shot though. Enjoy dude!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Konami hasn't either, though you don't have a lot of options to choose from aside from Goemon and already represented series
There's Silent Hill but the recent changes to the ESRB about rated m series could prevent a spirit event for that series and other rated m series for spirits. I also heard that Japan's Cero may have got some stricter changes from someone on this board.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
In terms of which companies received DLC Spirits:

Sega: Persona
Capcom: Resident Evil
Square Enix: Dragon Quest, Mana, and Octopath
Microsoft: Banjo, Minecraft
Arc Sys: Kunio

It's weird for Namco to not even get a spirit event in.
Might wanna add Marvelous, as they got Daemon X Machina spirits

The Tetris Company technically too, but not sure that one matters as much :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Real question that I want to ask. If the next character is confirmed coming from Koei Tecmo how do you feel if that character is not Ryu Hayabusa and instead the Warriors series like Zhao Yun or potentially Yukimura Sanada as his alternate costume? it's pretty clear that the Warriors series is the head mascot of Koei Tecmo than Ninja Gaiden giving that the series itself has multiple spin-offs that adapted the Musou genre of gameplay into them like Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Scramble for example in which it build their relationship with company like Nintendo and Sega/Atlus even closer and the fact that the Ninja Giden series bombed so hard and go on a hiatus after Itagaki (the person who revived the series) left the company and worked on Devil's Third which also a failure and the only way that they could make him relevant is by having him appear as guest character just like what Capcom did to make their series like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Ghosts n' Goblins relevant.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Real question that I want to ask. If the next character is confirmed coming from Koei Tecmo how do you feel if that character is not Ryu Hayabusa and instead the Warriors series like Zhao Yun or potentially Yukimura Sanada as his alternate costume? it's pretty clear that the Warriors series is the head mascot of Koei Tecmo than Ninja Gaiden giving that the series itself has multiple spin-offs that adapted the Musou genre of gameplay into them like Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Scramble for example in which it build their relationship with company like Nintendo and Sega/Atlus even closer and the fact that the Ninja Giden series bombed so hard and go on a hiatus after Itagaki (the person who revived the series) left the company and worked on Devil's Third which also a failure and the only way that they could make him relevant is by having him appear in as guest character just like what Capcom did to make their series like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Ghosts n' Goblins relevant.
I've seen a suggestion that they'd have the same control scheme as their actual games, so A is the combo button and B is the strong attack/finisher. I'd be down for that, provided we still have directional inputs and it's not just those two buttons and that's it.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly the ESRB changes now has me doubting a lot of m rated series in general being represented. Not just because of the mii costume thing, but it affecting spirit events and spirit boards for rated m series as well. Resident Evil is likely a victim of this. The monsters of Resident Evil are very NOT child friendly, especially Nemesis. And then you have Silent Hill.....

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
but yeah i can't help but be convinced at this point that somehow, idk how, COVID is affecting the spirits team and procuring new spirits, third party or otherwise

Honestly the ESRB changes now has me doubting a lot of m rated series in general being represented. Not just because of the mii costume thing, but it affecting spirit events and spirit boards for rated m series as well. Resident Evil is likely a victim of this. The monsters of Resident Evil are very NOT child friendly, especially Nemesis. And then you have Silent Hill.....
Warframe (which had the Lotus spirit injected in a Black themed event with Black Shadow and several others) is an M rated game, then again it's only rated such cause of the bloody combat, it's pretty tame otherwise

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I would recommend playing the game somewhere that has a rewind function or save states which I think the NES Online has? I’m not sure but if you want to actually just have fun with the games I recommend that. If save states aren’t on NES Online I would go with 3DS if they’re on there. I honestly can’t remember if they were ever ported there or not. But yeah, the games are hard so if you just want to play to enjoy them do that.

Also, if the idea that the game “laughed at you” for going into Ninja Dog on NG Black or Sigma. I would recommend going back to it in hindsight and just accepting the little jabs as a bit of fun. The easy mode, as pointed out by this article, is one of the best in the character action genre if you can ignore the Ayane stuff which is just kind of funny in hindsight. But yeah, I know you were soured back then but now, who gives a ** how you play? Play the way you want to and if you want the game to be easier? Do it! I support every step of the way as long as you’re enjoying the games. If not? Put the controller down and walk away from that game forever. No hard feelings! I’m not gonna give you ** because I’m happy as hell you gave it a second chance; if you so choose.

If I had to recommend anything, I would wait till early next year to see if that Sigma Trilogy is legit so you can snag them there. Glad you’re going to at least give the NES games a shot though. Enjoy dude!
Yes Switch NES online has a rewind and save point function. That made NG MUCH more enjoyable as you say. All three NES titles are on the Wii U as well if anyone is interested.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Real question that I want to ask. If the next character is confirmed coming from Koei Tecmo how do you feel if that character is not Ryu Hayabusa and instead the Warriors series like Zhao Yun or potentially Yukimura Sanada as his alternate costume? it's pretty clear that the Warriors series is the head mascot of Koei Tecmo than Ninja Gaiden giving that the series itself has multiple spin-offs that adapted the Musou genre of gameplay into them like Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Scramble for example in which it build their relationship with company like Nintendo and Sega/Atlus even closer and the fact that the Ninja Giden series bombed so hard and go on a hiatus after Itagaki (the person who revived the series) left the company and worked on Devil's Third which also a failure and the only way that they could make him relevant is by having him appear as guest character just like what Capcom did to make their series like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Ghosts n' Goblins relevant.
Even if the ninja gaiden series bombed it’s not stopping him from being a fighter. They could chose ryu instead because he’s one of the remaining few nes icons yet to appear as well as mostly him being a legacy pick like terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom