• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You know, all the bird jokes about Hayabusa remind me of how we don't have anything resembling one of the most iconic enemy pattern in gaming.
View attachment 289675

Seriously why the hell don't we have a Medusa head fly around like that in the game
I honestly prefer low-priority Assist Trophies that have little-to-no chance of making it in over fan-favorites that just missed the mark, so I'd prefer these little buggers as the Castlevania Assist Trophy (Though I'd also promote Alucard in the process, so...)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Since I had seen someone mention Assist Trophies potentially being upgraded to Mii Costumes, I decided to make a little graphic showcasing all of them.
AssistTrophyUpgradeTable.png

• Green means they don't have a Mii Costume/Hat.
  • Red means they already have a Mii Costume/Hat.
  • Gray means it'd be impossible to make them into a Mii Costume/Hat.
  • Yellow means they already have a Mii Costume based on them, but it isn't in the game yet.
  • Orange means they have a Mii Hat, but the possibilty is there for a more complete costume.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've said it before and I'll say it again; if, after all this speculation and finger-pointing, Ryu winds up as a Mii costume in favor of someone like Kasumi, I'm going to lose it in a fit of laughter. I'm not saying it's likely at all, but at this point we can't even be certain anymore.
She wants to avoid the same fate as Chun and Mai (and Heihachi too).

I started this drawing last weekend and was still coloring when Sakurai  said Mai would not appear in Smash Ultimate ( ›´ᾥ`‹) | Super Smash Brothers  Ultimate | Know Your Meme

Artist is ayyk92.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Since I had seen someone mention Assist Trophies potentially being upgraded to Mii Costumes, I decided to make a little graphic showcasing all of them.
View attachment 289689
  • Yellow means they already have a Mii Costume based on them, but it isn't in the game yet.
  • Orange means they have a Mii Hat, but the possibilty is there for a more complete costume.
Going by his Smash proportions, I've always wondered how they would work with Shovel Knights small head on a fully Mii costume. Would his head shrink or would a mii just wear a straight up costume. I could see his big horns making up in terms of how the hitbox would stay consistent.

Worth mentioning I'd really want a Sim Plumbob hat.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 289689
I'd personally put Fly Swatter under Gray myself

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if we only got Assist Trophy PreMiiums from now on, I want to see more unique things not just repurposed models of characters that already appear with assists on, I play casual more than competitive and I probably care more than most sane people.

My stance may be completely different if they add a Tiki Mii costume.

Unlimited Block Works

Dinoman96

Smash Master
And Dinoman96 was swiftly destroyed before he could finish his thoughts. no seriously the what? you mean the shooter man?
Sorry about that, I was originally gonna say something about the THQ Nordic/8chan fiasco from last year (because someone was talking about TimeSplitters) but then decided not to. Unfortunately this forum is dumb and keeps in the text from aborted messages the next time you post, so that accidently ended up there and I didn't notice until re-reading it now.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, that's helpful!

Alucard :ultswordfighter:
Andross :ultmiifighters:
Arcade Bunny :ultbrawler:
Devil :ultbrawler:
Dr. Kawashima :ultmiifighters:
Dr. Wright :ultgunner: (uses baton like a magic wand)
Ghirahim :ultswordfighter:
Guile :ultbrawler:
Lyn :ultswordfighter:
Metroid :ultmiifighters:
Midna :ultbrawler:
Nikki :ultswordfighter: (uses pencil)
Prince of Sable :ultswordfighter:
Shovel Knight :ultswordfighter:
Sukapon :ultbrawler:
Waluigi :ultswordfighter: (uses tennis racket)

I don't even need a hazard in particular for that, I'd be happy seeing some fly around in the back
Medusa Heads could make a great Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
View attachment 289659

I agree wholeheartedly, BUT, to plays devil's advocate, the dude was getting harassed and ass blasted for saying that there wouldn't be a lot of characters in the game, which turned out to be true

Why do people think we are going to get Echoes when we didn't through-out the pass and Sakurai himself said so
How many times do I have to state that Nintendo don't care about Consistency at all, because if they did, Steve would've had 8 Tracks, while Terry and Min Min would've had 11. And that Sakurai Quote was only referring to, get this, S E P A R A T E P A C K S E N T I R E L Y D E T I C A T E D T O A N E C H O F I G H T E R S I N C E P E O P L E T H O U G H T W E W E R E G E T T I N G E C H O P A C K S F O R D L C , M E A N I N G T H A T A N E C H O O F A N E W C O M E R G E T T I N G I N W I T H T H A T N E W C O M E R I S S T I L L I N T H E R U N N I N G F O R D L C A N D A C T I V I S I O N W O U L D F O R C E I T A N Y W A Y S S O W H Y N O T G O A L L O U T W I T H T H E I N C L U S I O N ! GOD! THIS IS JUST THE REGGIE GAME AWARDS ALL OVER AGAIN!

D

Deleted member

Ever since Steve was revealed, I forgot that Partner Showcases exist, and we're about 2 weeks away from November coming. Who knows how random these games will be when another PS comes out.

And since we're talking about Hayabusa a few pages back, I'm not of the belief that his design and moveset will be based more off of the NES games, but if it was, I'd be pretty disappointed. The modern games have great material to pull off of for a moveset, so it'd be a huge missed opportunity to give him the "retro" treatment in this regard.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
What the-- why did someone-- ACTION-ORIENTED MINECRAFT MANGA?!

This isn't even the strangest video game Manga adaption on Mangadex.

That title arguably goes to this very strange thing.

SKX31

Smash Master
This isn't even the strangest video game Manga adaption on Mangadex.

That title arguably goes to this very strange thing.
I can't wait for the Fall Guys anime adaptation.

among us manga when :secretkpop:
fall guys / among us are so mid-2020 (:4pacman: ):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Going by his Smash proportions, I've always wondered how they would work with Shovel Knights small head on a fully Mii costume. Would his head shrink or would a mii just wear a straight up costume. I could see his big horns making up in terms of how the hitbox would stay consistent.

Worth mentioning I'd really want a Sim Plumbob hat.
It would definitely just be an armor set made to fit the Mii Swordfighter's proportions. I also don't see the horns being much trouble, since plenty of costumes have extra bits that don't affect the fighter's hitbox.

I'd personally put Fly Swatter under Gray myself
As would I had, if it not were for the fact that they could have the swatter and hand as a mask. It's be ridiculous, of course, but it could be done. TV-Game 15, on the other hand...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
As would I had, if it not were for the fact that they could have the swatter and hand as a mask. It's be ridiculous, of course, but it could be done. TV-Game 15, on the other hand...
Come on, we can make it work! The ball-thingy can be the head, the paddles can be the arms, and the rest of the body can be invisible! It's foolproof!

SKX31

Smash Master
This is basically Gang Beasts with damage.
Practically (it's noticeable when doing a quick YT search), although Gang Beasts to me seems intentionally slippier (not meaning this in a bad way, it allows for crazy scenarios more easily) and more focused around customizability. While Party Animals focuses more on not just damage but also emphasises team-play. We'll just have to see how well Party Animals does when it launches though - it did do pretty well during its demo.

The fact that Smashboards has an article for Goku in Smash somehow scares me for the future.
I'm torn.

On one hand, yes I consider it a nice thought experiment since even if Goku's never going to happen he's at this point associated with speculation. No harm no foul really.

On the other... someone in the future is going to bring the article up after Smash 7's been revealed, miss that it was supposed to be a thought experiment and thusly think it relates to his chances.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Speaking of Mii costumes, I think we gonna see more NEW AT Mii costumes like Squid Sisters and Bomberman

Shovel Knight is usually agreed upon as likely Mii Costume in future, but what about Waluigi, If he's not Playable like usual...
If Shovel Knight happens then I’d hope he’s a Mii costume that brings a music track with him. It’s a shame that we don’t have any SK songs in the game.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I feel Ryu Hayabusa will play more like:ultgreninja:and:ultsheik:
Now I know nothing about Ninja Gaiden, but if Ryu ends up being another character that is constantly in my face and never giving me a second to use a move, I will be happy that Ninja Gaiden is represented, but I will also be crying on the inside.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
How many times do I have to state that Nintendo don't care about Consistency at all, because if they did, Steve would've had 8 Tracks, while Terry and Min Min would've had 11. And that Sakurai Quote was only referring to, get this, S E P A R A T E P A C K S E N T I R E L Y D E T I C A T E D T O A N E C H O F I G H T E R S I N C E P E O P L E T H O U G H T W E W E R E G E T T I N G E C H O P A C K S F O R D L C , M E A N I N G T H A T A N E C H O O F A N E W C O M E R G E T T I N G I N W I T H T H A T N E W C O M E R I S S T I L L I N T H E R U N N I N G F O R D L C A N D A C T I V I S I O N W O U L D F O R C E I T A N Y W A Y S S O W H Y N O T G O A L L O U T W I T H T H E I N C L U S I O N ! GOD! THIS IS JUST THE REGGIE GAME AWARDS ALL OVER AGAIN!
While I suppose it's possible that we get an echo with a newcomer, I don't find it probable. Idk what the quote about the separate echo packs is, but when describing the Challenger Packs back in the Smash Ultimate Direct before the first game, it was stated that each Challenger Pack would include 1 fighter, 1 stage, and multiple music tracks:

1_fighter_1_stage_multiple_music_tracks.png

Terry's 50 tracks and Hero's 8 both fit into this, but a second fighter (even an Echo Fighter) in the same pack would not. Now, this isn't bulletproof -- this was stated at the time FP1 was chosen, not FP2, but the fact that FP2 is being marketed as more Challenger Packs with the numbering continuing right where FP1 left off makes me think the same structure is likely to apply. Which is why I find it possible, but not probable -- if Nintendo wants to add more to a pack than what they laid out initially, they certainly can, but I guess we'll see how it ends up.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
While I suppose it's possible that we get an echo with a newcomer, I don't find it probable. Idk what the quote about the separate echo packs is, but when describing the Challenger Packs back in the Smash Ultimate Direct before the first game, it was stated that each Challenger Pack would include 1 fighter, 1 stage, and multiple music tracks:

Terry's 50 tracks and Hero's 8 both fit into this, but a second fighter (even an Echo Fighter) in the same pack would not. Now, this isn't bulletproof -- this was stated at the time FP1 was chosen, not FP2, but the fact that FP2 is being marketed as more Challenger Packs with the numbering continuing right where FP1 left off makes me think the same structure is likely to apply. Which is why I find it possible, but not probable -- if Nintendo wants to add more to a pack than what they laid out initially, they certainly can, but I guess we'll see how it ends up.
Unless they decide to make some Echo Fighters after the pass as their own separate purchases, I don't see it happening.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Aw man, I missed everyone discovering the minecraft manga, it got announced like last year and had similar reactions.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I can’t say the same for everyone but I’ve wanted Hayabusa since Smash 4. But then again, anything that gets popular often resorts in people calling everyone in that group a band wagoner, and then it goes into the character being overrated, it’s a shame but there’s nothing can be done about it.

Edit: Hold up, there’s a lot of holes in your argument. None of the characters in the DLC have been confirmed to have come from the ballot. The only thing we do know is that Nintendo chose them. Not Sakurai.
As someone who wanted Simon in Smash since '13, i feel you man.

I remember beign the witness of the Simon for Smash movement, i think i was still called Speedwagon, and seeing how nobody tought of him as likely. Then Vergeben showed up............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom