• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, while I really want Dante I think I'm kinda just along for the ride at this point. Steve proved to me, once again, that a character I wasn't excited about whatsoever could win me over almost instantly.

That said, I'm more interested to see if we get Hayabusa. If we do, that could add more fuel to the fire of earlier negotiations happening and making us look back at leaks that entertained him and other characters.

Shroob

Sup?
To be honest, while I really want Dante I think I'm kinda just along for the ride at this point. Steve proved to me, once again, that a character I wasn't excited about whatsoever could win me over almost instantly.

That said, I'm more interested to see if we get Hayabusa. If we do, that could add more fuel to the fire of earlier negotiations happening and making us look back at leaks that entertained him and other characters.
I guess despite being a Ninja

Hayabusa really sucks at hiding

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I'm sure this has been asked here before, but I wanted to hear some opinions. Think of your favorite franchise already represented in Smash. Are you satisfied with how much representation it has?

I still can't get over how much content there is for Mother fans like me. I mean, two characters, a bunch of stages and music, numerous assist trophies, items, and spirits. And for a series that merely consists of cult classics? It's still amazing to see. I'm glad Ultimate was able to bring everything together, and that Shigesato Itoi's legacy in the gaming world lives on...

I mean, i think DKC could use some extra stuff. Not even talking about a Non-Echo Dixie here (though that would be cool), but i swear the music selection is stil mostly average. Smash 4's over 9999 remixes of Jungle Swing are just dumb. Only Ultimate finally gave the series some well deserved justice. Though i think if i speak for beign satisified, Castlevania spoiled me rotten.

Simon Belmont with his CHAD Classic Design, Richter as an Echo, Alucard as one of the most complex Assist Trophies, A Stage filled with cameos of the most iconic Monsters of the franchise, almost every Belmont as a Spirit, and 34 Tracks?!, yeah, now we are talking.

The only bad things are 1: No Grant Danasty Spirit and 2: Some Casltevania games were missing music. Im sad Chrisopher Belmont's games didn't get music in Smash, and i understand Harmony of Dissonance's OST is...............mixed, but i would love to have remixes of them just to have every canon CV game with a song. Well, and im upset Simon's theme: THEME OF SIMON BELMONT, didn't get a brand-new spanking remix.

Outisde of that, it was given the red carpet treatment with flying colors and champaign and ****.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, i think DKC could use some extra stuff. Not even talking about a Non-Echo Dixie here (though that would be cool), but i swear the music selection is stil mostly average. Smash 4's over 9999 remixes of Jungle Swing are just dumb. Only Ultimate finally gave the series some well deserved justice. Though i think if i speak for beign satisified, Castlevania spoiled me rotten.

Simon Belmont with his CHAD Classic Design, Richter as an Echo, Alucard as one of the most complex Assist Trophies, A Stage filled with cameos of the most iconic Monsters of the franchise, almost every Belmont as a Spirit, and 34 Tracks?!, yeah, now we are talking.

The only bad things are 1: No Grant Danasty Spirit and 2: Some Casltevania games were missing music. Im sad Chrisopher Belmont's games didn't get music in Smash, and i understand Harmony of Dissonance's OST is...............mixed, but i would love to have remixes of them just to have every canon CV game with a song. Well, and im upset Simon's theme: THEME OF SIMON BELMONT, didn't get a brand-new spanking remix.

Outisde of that, it was given the red carpet treatment with flying colors and champaign and ****.
On the topic of Castlevania

Can I just ***** about how Bloody Tears isn't its own track? That's up there as one of my favorite songs in the series and I hate how it's tacked on with the Simon's Quest Night theme.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Can I just ***** about how Bloody Tears isn't its own track? That's up there as one of my favorite songs in the series and I hate how it's tacked on with the Simon's Quest Night theme.
I actually prefer Monster Dance (CV 2's theme) but yeah this is an issue. My problem isn't that they are together, is that they are together and it just swaps between them with no transition or flow. If you are gonna have 2 songs meshed together, they better flow good, like Heart of Fire and Don't Wait Until Night do.

It's the same problem i have with the likes of Saria's Woods and the Mid Boss theme where there's no flow transition, it just hits you suddenly with another song and i hate that. Again, if you want a good example, Heat Man and Quick Man's themes were meshed together and they work great.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I hate that they combined the Evolution and Pokemon Gym themes too. Not everything needs to be a medley, Sakurai/Nintendo/whoever decides the songs. Being separate is okay too.

The remixes of Pokemon Gym I like are anime compositions, so they wouldn't be in anyway, but there's multiple Pokemon Gym themes. I blame licensing at this point. It might've been easier if Pokemon was only owned by Nintendo, but it's not.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

This is how KOS-MOS can still win :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Monster Dance just steals the show, so Bloody Tears acts as a nice opener before the former kicks in. Unfortunately, this leaves one of, if not the most iconic Castlevania tracks, relegated to the sidelines. The Judgement version would've worked just fine, like with the two versions of Vampire Killer.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Is it odd that, as a MK fan, I don't bat a eye on Rambo being in MK11? I mean, we got movie characters per games now.
That's how i feel about Guest characters in fighting games nowadays mostly, including Smash. I mean yeah i might like some of them, but they have become the norm so much that i don't really see why people make a big deal out of them when now they seem like an inevitable norm instead of a novelty.

I was like "OMG THEY ADDED SONIC IN BRAWL" and now im like "huh, they added Steve from Minecraft in Smash Ultimate, neat". That's what happens when you oversaturate.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, don't get me wrong, the Monster Dance remix absolute bangin', and I get the 'concept' of what they were going for, the Day > Night system of Simon's Quest.... but then why not have them each also be a separate track?

Irks me just like how we didn't get God Shattering Star with Byleth.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, my own thoughts on Hayabusa.

I want him, even though I have basically no connection to the Ninja Gaiden series to speak of tbh.

To me, Hayabusa is legitimately one of the last few NES Icons of his time, with, IMO the only ones left after him being Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins and the Contra dudes, neither of which I particularly see as the most likely of candidates.

Having Hayabusa get into the same game as fellow icon Simon would just be wonderful.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
That's how i feel about Guest characters in fighting games nowadays mostly, including Smash. I mean yeah i might like some of them, but they have become the norm so much that i don't really see why people make a big deal out of them when now they seem like an inevitable norm instead of a novelty.
Nah, I just wanna see more out there characters in MK, context wise.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's worth keeping in mind that the second pass was decided with two E3s in mind. So I could see us getting another big character because of that
I could see Crash happening as an E3 reveal, although I'm not sure they choose these characters based off of what events they can show them at.

Then again, most of Ultimate's DLC has been specifically tailoring major characters to be announced at major events, so now that I'm thinking about it, you might be on to something there.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In case you haven't seen:
Now we wait a year later for that mii costume to show up, eh?
Hot take: Ori would fit better in Smash than Master Chief would. Granted, this is purely based on footage I've seen, as I haven't played either of Ori's games, but that's how I feel.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I could see God Shattering Star not being in because there's a long build up to it which might leave the match being kinda empty for the beginning or so.
Same reason why Sins of the Father from MGSV isn't in, besides licensing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The lack of any Shadow the Hedgehog music is sad.

...Though the lack of any multiplayer battle themes too from the Sonic series(especially the 3D games) is even worse. Those all massively fit the atmosphere well. Hell, Sonic Battle has great music, including remixes, that fit fighting well.

Not that I dislike having a lot of main themes too. They're all good music, but man, we could have so much more.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
The lack of any Shadow the Hedgehog music is sad.

...Though the lack of any multiplayer battle themes too from the Sonic series(especially the 3D games) is even worse. Those all massively fit the atmosphere well. Hell, Sonic Battle has great music, including remixes, that fit fighting well.

Not that I dislike having a lot of main themes too. They're all good music, but man, we could have so much more.
As a Heroes fan, Grand Metropolis and Seaside Hill not being in does make me kind of sad.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My biggest music issues are:
-The Lack of Sonic Rush music and Endless Possibilities
-The DK rap
-No Lyrics in Snake Eater or Tomorrow is Mine
-No God Shattering Star or Lost In Thoughts Nohr version
-Aria of the soul does not use the Persona 3 theme for Mementos
-It Needs More Rhythm heaven
-The lack of Body Rock from WarioWare
-The Lack of Xenoblade X music

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we're talking music, I want more remixes of bad songs. I know that sounds weird, but given they were willing to remix that one song from Yoshi's New Island, I want to see them go further.
But... the New Island theme wasn't bad.

It just had bad instrumentation.

The theme itself is fine.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My biggest music issues are:
-The Lack of Sonic Rush music and Endless Possibilities
-The DK rap
-No Lyrics in Snake Eater or Tomorrow is Mine
-No God Shattering Star or Lost In Thoughts Nohr version
-Aria of the soul does not use the Persona 3 theme for Mementos
-It Needs More Rhythm heaven
-The lack of Body Rock from WarioWare
-The Lack of Xenoblade X music
Xenoblade got shafted in terms of music. Only 3 songs for XC2, and absolutely nothing from X when both games are full of bangers.
You know... I’m hoping the lack of X music could mean an X character later. ARMS’s base game content was the Spring Man AT, the Spring Man and Ribbon Girl costumes and a handful of spirits. The music didn’t come until Min Min

heres hoping 🤞

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Goombaic

Smash Ace
If we're talking music, I want more remixes of bad songs. I know that sounds weird, but given they were willing to remix that one song from Yoshi's New Island, I want to see them go further.
You know what, yeah. I'm not the biggest fan of Sword and Shield's music because I feel like a lot of the themes that aren't the gym battle just lack that impact that would make them great and in general are just boring, which is a shame, because the melodies do sound decent. It'd be great to hear them remixed in a way that would make me enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom