• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Two tournaments that were supposed to be released after FP7 according to the ordered data of tournaments are a lightweight tournament and an only-melee tournament. This led people to theorize that FP7 might have a projectile and isn't a lightweight character.
Of course, even if we have this info, it does us no good since that describes like

97% of the characters brought up here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This led people to theorize that FP7 might have a projectile and isn't a lightweight character.
That's pretty silly in honesty, surprised people are actually sticking with that theory. The character will probably have a week-later release date, revealing it now wouldn't mean it won't have anything related to the past two tournaments for whatever reason.

They're literally just special events, like poll battles in Smash 4 online. You didn't see people making theories about how it's not gonna be K. Rool because the villain-themed poll was coming next to a Smash reveal.

D

Deleted member

Some kind of leak with Tracer?
Can't remember.
Oh...I remember hearing the thing about Tracer before; that was supposed to be about projectiles? I mean...I know she uses dual...mini machineguns...or whatever those things are (they fire WAY too fast to be simple pistols and I can't use her for crap so I dont know what her weapons are) but that's what led to this?

So now, IF that leak from before is right, we've got 'New Franchise', ' Popular in West', 'Unexpected', and 'Has Projectiles' as our clues?

Shroob

Sup?
That's pretty silly in honesty, surprised people are actually sticking with that theory. The character will probably have a week-later release date, revealing it now wouldn't mean it won't have anything related to the past two tournaments for whatever reason.

They're literally just special events, like poll battles in Smash 4 online. You didn't see people making theories about how it's not gonna be K. Rool because the villain-themed poll was coming next to a Smash reveal.
It's more that these tournaments were supposed to come out after the character.

I think the info is literally useless since "Projectile that's not a lightweight" is useless info with how vague it is, but you'd have to image that since one of the tournaments is always dedicated to the fighter joining the roster, both of the skipped ones would have obviously included them(Their intro tourney and a potential one where they're useable), and if they're in numerical order, ones without the character 'could' theoretically tell us what they're not.

But again, this data is useless because it's too vague.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Two tournaments that were supposed to be released after FP7 according to the ordered data of tournaments are a lightweight tournament and an only-melee tournament. This led people to theorize that FP7 might have a projectile and isn't a lightweight character.
Oh, THAT's what created this theory? Eesh, Nintendo, you need to help us out. Smashboards is startling to look like this:
1601467572282.png

Folezicle Lives!

Smash Rookie
There's the fact that Sakurai flat out said it was

And sure, he could change his mind, but we won't know until, at the very earliest, late next year.
Thanks, man. I'm not placing any bets. But Sakurai hasn't always been firm with his statements. That being said I doubt we will see a FP3. Sad I would love some echoes thrown in after FP2, since they were underutilized. And man oh man I really want a Tetris99 stage..

Shroob

Sup?
Is this canon?
The skipped tournament was found back when the initial huge batch of missing news posts were found iirc, so that tournament would logically be the "Here's the character, play as them!" tournament that I believe most newcomers get.

And considering they're in numerical order like the News Posts, one could only assume the reason we're not getting these certain tournies is because they involve the new character as useable.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Wouldn't that be the opposite? After Hero release we had the Hero vs villains tournament and hero was feature. After Terry released, we had the 1 vs 1 stamina battle and Terry was featured. After Byleth, we had the Fire emblem tournament and after Min min we had the "arm centric" tournament. So if the tournament after fp7 was suppose to be lightweight, wouldn't that mean that fp7 is lightweight, but was cut of the tournament? Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wouldn't that be the opposite? After Hero release we had the Hero vs villains tournament and hero was feature. After Terry released, we had the 1 vs 1 stamina battle and Terry was featured. After Byleth, we had the Fire emblem tournament and after Min min we had the "arm centric" tournament. So if the tournament after fp7 was suppose to be lightweight, wouldn't that mean that fp7 is lightweight, but was cut of the tournament? Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
Those tournaments I mentioned are after the specific skipped tournament that was meant to feature the DLC character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The skipped tournament was found back when the initial huge batch of missing news posts were found iirc, so that tournament would logically be the "Here's the character, play as them!" tournament that I believe most newcomers get.

And considering they're in numerical order like the News Posts, one could only assume the reason we're not getting these certain tournies is because they involve the new character as useable.
Hm, well I don't think it's a real relation, they would've just added them if they were in the game by then.

Shroob

Sup?
You're misunderstanding it.

The logic is that we're currently missing 2 Tournaments, they just don't exist period.

Likewise, we've gotten two that were supposed to come after the missing tournaments, being No Projectiles and Lightweights only.

The missing tournaments probably have some tangential relation to this supposed new character, which is why they're being held back, while these other ones are not. If the new character isn't playable in "No Projectiles", then there's no reason to hold this one back.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hm, well I don't think it's a real relation, they would've just added them if they were in the game by then.
Even though I really don't put a lot of stock into this tournament stuff because it's way too vague, what do you mean by "added them"? The tournaments are handled server-side and the posts talking about them are uploaded online, it's why it's impossible to datamine what spirit/tournamens are coming, they don't actually exist in the game until the moment of their start.

Hell, the only reason we know some are missing is because their files are done numerically, and ignoring these hints of a supported "Projectile Lightweight", which again, way too vague to ponder over, the fact there are indeed 2 of them missing, along with the massive dump of news posts missing, definitely tells me they're being held back due to the new character.

But this also doesn't mean they're coming anytime soon either. Byleth had 2 tournaments pushed out early for them. Both Tournaments in January were pushed up out of order to cover for Byleth, which seems like Byleth was very slightly delayed due to the out of order tournament #'s.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that we know that the Crown Tundra DLC will be released on the last week of October, my new prediction is that the Fighter will be revealed on the first week of November. I don't think that it's impossible for the reveal to happen the same week as the DLC release, but I do find it unlikely.
Uhhhh..... What the heck happened to the rest of October?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He thinks the entirety of October is dedicated to Pokemon, probably.

But by that logic, we gotta skip to December too to make space for HW:AoC, which comes out late November.
But December will be dominated by PS5 & XboxSX/S so gonna have to shove FP7 to January instead.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not much difference really.

Hunter, Crash, Gen 8 pokemon, Hayabusa.
Dante, Arle, Reimu, Rex, a little less now.

Japan or West, people in Smash speculation tend to have similar thoughts. We're probably mostly on the right track, but at the same time, we're the minorities. At least Japanese Smash speculation communities are so. Random Smash wants posts here and there from people not in the scenes are the majorities, and some from them are really wild. I think this can say the same for the West as well.

So I just decided to search randomly from various places right now and list down 50 names I found from the top.

Site A
Ryza, Arle, Crash, Melmetal, Cinderace, Amiya (Arknights), Hunter, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Paper Mario, Meguru Hachimiya (Idolmaster), Hunter, Banjo & Kazooie (wat), Gen 8, Sephiroth, Rillaboom, Reimu, Rillaboom, Rellaboom, Hunter, Paper Mario, Rash (Battletoads), Cinderace, Arle, Ryza, Hunter, Dante, Rillaboom, Gen 8, Reimu, Arle, Bandana Dee, Gen 8, Arle, Arle, Hunter, Gen 8, Lucy (Ninjara), Rex, Zhao Yun, Crash, Lloyd, Saber, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Atelier rep

Site B
Arle, Dante, Gen 8, Ring Fit, Geralt, Saber, Sora, Shadow, Pawapuro-kun, Cinderace, Goemon, Zero, Reimu, Hayabusa, Strider Hiryu, Paper Mario, Rillaboom, Kazuma Kiryu, Steve, Phoeniz Wright, Gen 8, Captain Toad, Mashu Kyrielight, Dom (ACNH), Akuma, Parappa, Yuri, Marisa (Touhou), Arle, Idolmaster rep, Hunter, Hunter, King Boo, Fall Guys, Wolf Link & Midna, Tales rep, Lightning, Puyo Puyo rep, KOS-MOS, Atelier rep, Arle, Arle, Ryza, Prinny (Disgaea), DMC rep, Sora, Arthur, 2B, Octoling, Hunter

Site C
Crash, Steve, Puyo Puyo rep, Capcom rep, Gen 8, Touhou rep, Hunter, Rex, Akira Howard, King Bonbie (Momotaro Dentetsu) Idolmaster rep, Arle, Pyramid Head, Hunter, Yuri, Dante, Paper Mario, FGO rep, Hayabusa, Rellaboom, Raiden, Koishi Komeiji (Touhou), Resident Evil rep, Cress (Tales of), Sephiroth, Kunio, KOS-MOS, Lara Croft, Hunter, Riamu Yumemi (Idolmaster), Hayabusa, Hayabusa, Crash, Princess Connect rep, Hunter, Arle, Saber, Rex, Cress (Tales of), Hunter, Reimu, Dante, Cinderace, Gen 8, Crono, Haruka Amami (Idolmaster), Rex, Touhou rep, Dante, Paper Mario
Saw a lot of Arle in there :D That makes me smile a bit :)

Funny to see there is actually Fall Guys somewhere in there lol.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
OI OI OI
NO new videos? Before it was just private videos right?
There's the potential it's just an update to an existing video though, I'm assuming? Could be something as simple as an edit being made to the playlist description.

I'm not super knowledgeable of how YT's system with editing these things works, though, so someone chiming in on this to clarify would be nice.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Uhhhh..... What the heck happened to the rest of October?
He thinks the entirety of October is dedicated to Pokemon, probably.
No. I'm expecting either the stream of reveals that are unrelated to Super Smash Bros. to continue, or for their to be radio silence for most of October. I was mistaken in thinking that the Crown Tundra was the thing for the last week of October, but since it's only Pikmin 3 there, my original prediction of last week of October-first week of November is what I'll stick with then.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if using the tournaments would be that accurate anyways when the characters allowed playable in them are weird sometimes.

Like, they did one for kings and left out :ultkrool:.
Clearly, K. Rool is actually a democratically elected president of the Kremlings, and King is just his first name. The crown is a fashion statement.

Oh, THAT's what created this theory? Eesh, Nintendo, you need to help us out. Smashboards is startling to look like this:
View attachment 287363
"Starting"?

D

Deleted member

Like the Koopas, the Kremlings were the original natives of the land until the protagonist invaded their territory to claim everything for themselves. Both Mario & Donkey Kong are stories of peaceful kingdoms being invaded and turned into 'villains' by fake news and false heroes.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Like the Koopas, the Kremlings were the original natives of the land until the protagonist invaded their territory to claim everything for themselves. Both Mario & Donkey Kong are stories of peaceful kingdoms being invaded and turned into 'villains' by fake news and false heroes.
Are Donkey Kong and the Mushroom Kingdom really the bad guys or is it like Guild Wars where sure the Char were forced out of their homeland, but they lived elsewhere for centuries before deciding "nah, I want my ancestor's home back" so they fight the humans until oopsie! They accidentally seared the entire land, and then oops! The idiot human king hit a magical self destruct button that killed all the remaining humans and turned them into vengeful ghosts so now they have to fight the war eternally even though they've pretty much won already.

There are no heroes in that story. In fact, the heroes noped out of the entire situation before they even got to heroing.

SKX31

Smash Master
So if I get this right, we're basically playing Akinator with the new character?

Well it beats another series guessing game I guess, or maybe not... :drsad:
Plot Twist: Akinator is CP7.

Projectiles? His speech bubbles take care of that.

Lightweight?`Genies don't care about weight. Here's proof of that:

Everything lines up. :4pacman:

Uh huh. Riiiiight.
There have been quite a few elected monarchs throughout history though (the Holy Roman Empire being the most prominent), so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if :ultkrool: was in fact an elected King...

...But that raises the possibility that K. Rool bartered and "convinced" the Kremling / Animal Prince-Electors by bribery and promises of getting those sweet giant banana hoards DK have. K. Rool is rich enough to have vanity stuff like the Blast-O-Matic built (okay, after becoming King, but still), which is probably a major reason why K. Rool was able to become King in the first place.

:4dedede:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Kiryu.

Or funnily enough, Travis Touchdown.

That's stupid, they're not gonna say "**** you, you paid 30 dolla for two characters" and leave.
This is why having two related terms that both acronym to "FP" was not the smartest move...

But yeah, the person you're replying to is clearly referring to Fighters Pass 2 and saying that they'll release all 11 currently promised characters but no more, not that they'll pull out after Fighter Pack 7.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is why having two related terms that both acronym to "FP" was not the smartest move...

But yeah, the person you're replying to is clearly referring to Fighters Pass 2 and saying that they'll release all 11 currently promised characters but no more, not that they'll pull out after Fighter Pack 7.
The individual parts of the Fighters Passes are called Challenger Packs. We just keep saying CP7 is FP7 for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom