• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it could be a Pokémon, but that’s just my gut feeling.

Would really love to see Dante, obviously. If they go with Monster Hunter instead I couldn’t really be mad.

I kinda get the feeling Sakurai is going to talk about potential delays, and I think while it sucks, it’s fair. CoVid is obviously no joke and has thrown a lot of things off, so I would not be surprised if there are delays.

I would be prepared for the character to not be out right away, but it’ll be cool to know who is coming regardless!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's also a brief message from Sakurai tomorrow as the Tweet said. How much do you all want to bet that it is just "Never ask me for anything ever again."?

kylexv

Smash Master
I saw PushDustIn tweet "LET'S GOOOO" without any context and I just knew from there that there was a Smash announcement.
I knew I was on to something hovering over Twitter at 10am.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As for my prediction I don't have any idea, just like everyone's else, but I'd say Crash because I think he has a nice shot for this Fighter Pass.
Crash getting revealed the day before his next game comes out would be remarkably good timing, but Smash reveals have never been that serendipitous, so I'm not holding my breath.

Would be cool though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There's also a brief message from Sakurai tomorrow as the Tweet said. How much do you all want to bet that it is just "Never ask me for anything ever again."?
In all honesty it is probably going to be Sakurai saying "Hey sorry about how long it took to even reveal it and the character still won't be coming for a while sorry about that" or at the very worst "The pass is delayed"

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
We had the Presidential Debate yesterday, so obviously, it is going to be an American representative. :secretkpop:
In all seriousness. I could use a breather from what little I saw on the debate on Twitter last night (I’m not gonna detail it because this ain’t a politics thread).

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm so happy it's tommorow

I was scared they were gonna announce this for friday (assuming they typically announce these two days ahead of time), and I'm working around that time.

Thankfully, I'm completely off tommorow, so I'll be there to watch it live as well as give my full on thoughts throughout the day

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In all honesty it is probably going to be Sakurai saying "Hey sorry about how long it took to even reveal it and the character still won't be coming for a while sorry about that" or at the very worst "The pass is delayed"
You know, I was just joking with the "Never ask me for anything ever again." thing. You knew that, right?

D

Deleted member

Luckily, I am open tommorow, because I have a break during the timing of this presentation.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This is NOT a Sakurai Presents, it is just a reveal. The Presents will come at a later date, either day of or shortly before release.

The combination of 3 minutes and the fact that it isn't called one already tells me this. This means that we're a ways away from a release.

This might also be like Joker/Terry's initial reveals, which did not show them in gameplay, and their proper gameplay reveal may come with the Sakurai Presents. Hype responsibly for even the contents of the reveal, let alone the identity of the next challenger pack.

Don't come in here expecting Goku with an in depth look on his gameplay only to have your expectations shattered by Garbodor, for two random examples I'm sure nobody here is actually banking on. (Though I may have given people ideas with that last one.)
Maybe we're making theories sooner than we should but if Sakurai's message is about delays and COVID, I wouldn't expect the Sakurai Presents for FP7 to happen soon. I mean... If said Sakurai Presents ends happening next week, why not reveal the character and put Sakurai's message there? For that reason, I'm thinking FP7 might be at least one month away. Otherwise, this wouldn't make a lot of sense in my eyes.

Granted, we're talking about Nintendo. They already did something strange with Pokémon a few months ago, where they announced another presentation coming soon in the first one, and it was just to announce that MOBA Pokémon game.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
That's awesome that we are getting a reveal tomorrow! It does suck that it's not a full presentation but what can you do. My guess is he is going to reveal the character talk about the release date, and then say the rest of the pass is delayed by a bit.

Staarih

Smash Master
Reminder!

There’s a chance there could be hints toward the next fighter going forward for today or tomorrow morning. If you don’t want to be spoiled I suggest being aware of where you’re browsing.

No leaks or hints that I know of yet, but be careful!
Yup, I was just thinking that the typical time for "hints" from insiders occur between the time of announcement and presentation.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough haha!

Last edited:

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'd do a Pokemon yet. Typically the "character from a new game" is one of the last characters revealed. See: Lucario, Corrin, Incineroar, Byleth. I definitely think a shillmon is possible, but I wouldn't expect it now.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Maybe we're making theories sooner than we should but if Sakurai's message is about delays and COVID, I wouldn't expect the Sakurai Presents for FP7 to happen soon. I mean... If said Sakurai Presents ends happening next week, why not reveal the character and put Sakurai's message there? For that reason, I'm thinking FP7 might be at least one month away. Otherwise, this wouldn't make a lot of sense in my eyes.

Granted, we're talking about Nintendo. They already did something strange with Pokémon a few months ago, where they announced another presentation coming soon in the first one, and it was just to announce that MOBA Pokémon game.
That's... not what I said? All I said was that Sakurai Presents will be coming later, and the only thing it'll be near is the release (of the downloadable challenger pack and corresponding update). I never said how much later: could be late October. Could be early-mid November. Even the start of December.

D

Deleted member

We won't get a Pokemon in FP2, because of the post-release event spirits.

Three Houses never got post-release event spirits, and Byleth got in. Simple as that.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, going into this I'm thinking: Doomguy, Geno, Crash ... maybe long shot Impa ...

Well, we won't have long to wait!

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm glad we're getting word on who the next fighter is after so long. This can throw everyone a bone after waiting for so long and who knows, it could be someone people really wanted or may be really fun.

But you know regardless who it is, 50% of the fandom will be cheering as if the new fighter is the second coming and the other 50% will act like Sakurai shot their dog in front of them. The duality of the Smash fanbase will be hard tomorrow.

There's some characters I would squee if they got in but as long as the character is fun I won't mind too hard.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The day of fate is nearly upon us.

I'm honestly guessing Geno for the next fighter, but I guess we'll see what happens next.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope the next DLC fighter is a Pokemon character... and I really hope it is Team Rocket (Jessie & James as co-Pokemon Trainers) with playable Meowth, Ekans/Arbok, and Koffing/Weezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom