• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Cue the "It has been 3000 years" memes.

Somewhat odd though that this is just three minutes long. I guess this is just a reveal trailer? I wonder what the Sakurai message after it will be.
. . .Probably a delay or something like that.

SKX31

Smash Master
Sakurai Presents is happening, guys!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Perfect timing too, I love 7 AM Pacific (Because it translates to 16:00 Central European Time).

7/11 ad, you've magnificent *******, you've done it again!
Now to celebrate with a slurpee.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wonder... if all we're getting is a trailer, will the screenshots for the character be on the website or will we have to wait?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Finally.
But it doesn't seem it's gonna be a Sakurai Presents. They're gonna announce the character with a CGI or stylized trailer, just like the one for Min Min, and then just a message from Sakurai, which I guess will address, hopefully, when we can expect the character. But I have a feeling he's gonna explain that development has been a bit complicated, that's the feeling I'm getting reading this lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm no good with timezones. Is 7:00 PT basically just this time tomorrow?
Yup, it is. It's in (a little less than) 24 hours.

Finally.
But it doesn't seem it's gonna be a Sakurai Presents. They're gonna announce the character with a CGI or stylized trailer, just like the one for Min Min, and then just a message from Sakurai, which I guess will address, hopefully, when we can expect the character. But I have a feeling he's gonna explain that development has been a bit complicated, that's the feeling I'm getting reading this lol
Yeah, that's the clearest sign that development has been complicated, and I'm not surprised at all. I strongly believe that small delays here and there have acumulated over the months, and that has been one of the reasons why it's been complicated.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm no good with timezones. Is 7:00 PT basically just this time tomorrow?
Yes.

Also yeah, it looks like we'll just get a trailer and the brief message from Sakurai will likely detail a potential further showcase/release/possible delay in schedule.
As long as we get to know who is coming next, all is good.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Finally.
Maybe my prediction was for the release all along. lol

I wonder... if all we're getting is a trailer, will the screenshots for the character be on the website or will we have to wait?
If it's just the trailer it will probably be like Terry, which means no screenshots.

Profound sadness!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This does make me wonder that given we're likely getting the trailer tomorrow and an actual showcase at some point, that if its a potentially prominent enough character that their popularity/fame is considered a greater appeal for people to watch the Sakurai Presents video than the mystery appeal like Byleth and Min Min's reveals had.

Or is it a case of there actually being a delay, but even Nintendo realized they couldn't drag out the reveal of the character even if the release is still some time away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai Presents is happening, guys!

I really hope it's someone I want... but considering my wants are mostly anime boyos and characters no one would even think about... yeah I'm just gonna chill and see what happens :cool:

While I'm at it what are ya'll betting on?

KillerCage

Smash Master
[looks at poll at top]

So how many of you still think we are going to get information on CP7 in September?

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!
WELL! THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This is NOT a Sakurai Presents, it is just a reveal. The Presents will come at a later date, either day of or shortly before release.

The combination of 3 minutes and the fact that it isn't called one already tells me this. This means that we're a ways away from a release.

This might also be like Joker/Terry's initial reveals, which did not show them in gameplay, and their proper gameplay reveal may come with the Sakurai Presents. Hype responsibly for even the contents of the reveal, let alone the identity of the next challenger pack.

Don't come in here expecting Goku with an in depth look on his gameplay only to have your expectations shattered by Garbodor, for two random examples I'm sure nobody here is actually banking on. (Though I may have given people ideas with that last one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom