• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Quick, everyone think of characters who would have at least one projectile in their moveset and who wouldn't be lightweights.

Lloyd Irving, Dante, Doom Slayer.

Does Travis have projectiles?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh come now, it won't be that bad.

It's only

Checks list

Pretty much every character we talk about on a daily basis......

Oh god
Lord, forgive me for what I am about to say.

But I think this would not be good for Geno being CP7. He's a glass cannon in SMRPG, so if this is transferred over to Smash, the lightweight tournament would've been delayed to include him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not necessarily, there has also been a heavyweight tourney right before Terry came out.
Right, but that tournament was scheduled for before Terry launched. This tournament is in an order suggesting it was scheduled for after FP7's release. So if FP7 was already out, was lighter than some of the characters in this tournament, and yet wasn't in it, that'd be a bit of an oversight, wouldn't it?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait, Terry's a heavyweight?
Checks

Huh, he's in the same weight class as Samus and Bowser Jr., who were part of said Tourney.

Interesting.
It's why there was a weight theory going around for a while. Terry is heavier than Banjo, who is heavier than Hero, and you can guess what comes next.

Shroob

Sup?
So either the character is delayed, which we'd have no way of knowing

Or

Nintendo's holding onto it for... some reason, which, again, we'd have no way of knowing

Whenever this character drops, even though I doubt we'll be able to guess, depending on who they are, I wonder if we'll be understand why they were in this odd situation, assuming the latter choice is the correct one and not the former.

I.D.

Smash Lord

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Lara Croft fits having at least one projectile (lol) and is definitely not a lightweight character. Guess we Croft fans got that going for us, I guess.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This is a joke post

So, judging by the 2 skipped tournaments

We know this character isn't a Melee fighter
And we know they're not a lightweight fighter

View attachment 287329
........Ya know, in hindsight, why the **** did I consider this a joke post, it seems like it's actually kinda legit info.

Granted it's information that doesn't help us in the absolutely slightest so

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Does Travis have projectiles?
There was speculation that content from Travis Strikes Again would be used, meaning he'd probably get some ranged option from his Death Glove or whatever that was called. But otherwise, in his main games, bar for some baseball and the one overkill mode, he's entirely melee with his sword and suplexes.

D

Deleted member

Can we survive a week?

Honestly, the stars align FP7 to being next week. Watch.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Quick, everyone think of characters who would have at least one projectile in their moveset and who wouldn't be lightweights.

**** dude I dunno, Master Chief? At the very least I don't think it might be Geno since his archetype is essentially a glass canon so he probably would be a lightweight character.

Either way this is an interesting development. Too bad it doesn't limit the number of nominees that much. Still, any news is better than no news.

Shroob

Sup?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So either the character is delayed, which we'd have no way of knowing

Or

Nintendo's holding onto it for... some reason, which, again, we'd have no way of knowing

Whenever this character drops, even though I doubt we'll be able to guess, depending on who they are, I wonder if we'll be understand why they were in this odd situation, assuming the latter choice is the correct one and not the former.
Honestly, I feel like next week is kind of the "last bastion of hope" for an October release, so to speak. With how busy the later halves of October look, I just don't know if Nintendo will want to put out a Sakurai Presents.

Yes, yes, others have told me Smash stuff has launched near and even with Pokemon stuff before, but it just doesn't seem likely to me this time around. Time will tell either way.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I feel like last week is kind of the "last bastion of hope" for an October release, so to speak. With how busy the later halves of October look, I just don't know if Nintendo will want to put out a Sakurai Presents.

Yes, yes, others have told me Smash stuff has launched near and even with Pokemon stuff before, but it just doesn't seem likely to me this time around. Time will tell either way.
I feel like the next 2 weeks are still very free, because unless we're getting another shadow dropped game, both those weeks currently have nothing known coming in them.

Besides, say we get the character on the 15th, just spitting out a date here, that'd give us an entire week before Crown Tundra comes out on the 22nd.

Right now, we have 2 entire weeks of, frankly nothing. No big reveals that we know of are coming, so it's either gonna be more shadowdrops, or maybe Smash will take up a spot one week, time will tell.

D

Deleted member

FP2 is going to be the final DLC we are getting.

I don't think they are going to reach FP1's performance, so it is no use for them to make FP3, when people will be done with Ultimate.

Post-FP2 DLC isn't happening at all.

MooMew64

I feel like the next 2 weeks are still very free, because unless we're getting another shadow dropped game, both those weeks currently have nothing known coming in them.

Besides, say we get the character on the 15th, just spitting out a date here, that'd give us an entire week before Crown Tundra comes out on the 22nd.

Right now, we have 2 entire weeks of, frankly nothing. No big reveals that we know of are coming, so it's either gonna be more shadowdrops, or maybe Smash will take up a spot one week, time will tell.
I meant to say next week but typed "last" for some reason, lol. Starting to wake up earlier nowadays and apparently I'm still groggy. :p

Anyways, yeah, I get ya: Now definitely feels like there's nothing in the way, but there's something about the way Smash has been saved for absolute last that makes me think it's more than just them wanting it to be by itself now. Like, I'm honest to goodness thinking it's not because of that, but because a FP2 delay announcement is coming.

Shroob

Sup?
I meant to say next week but typed "last" for some reason, lol. Starting to wake up earlier nowadays and apparently I'm still groggy. :p

Anyways, yeah, I get ya: Now definitely feels like there's nothing in the way, but there's something about the way Smash has been saved for absolute last that makes me think it's more than just them wanting it to be by itself now. Like, I'm honest to goodness thinking it's not because of that, but because a FP2 delay announcement is coming.
Well, we have skipped two entire tournaments, but as pointed out earlier, this isn't actually uncommon. As pointed out by I.D. I.D. , Byleth actually had a few tournaments moved up, which seems like they were delayed slightly, potentially meant for a much earlier release than they were.

Currently, we're at 2 skipped tournaments, just like what happened with Byleth, and we still have all those news slots.

But also, if it was delayed, they're not going to tell us, because they never even gave us a promised date for it. If anything, they'll just work on it quietly until it's done.

MooMew64

Well, we have skipped two entire tournaments, but as pointed out earlier, this isn't actually uncommon. As pointed out by I.D. I.D. , Byleth actually had a few tournaments moved up, which seems like they were delayed slightly, potentially meant for a much earlier release than they were.

Currently, we're at 2 skipped tournaments, just like what happened with Byleth, and we still have all those news slots.

But also, if it was delayed, they're not going to tell us, because they never even gave us a promised date for it. If anything, they'll just work on it quietly until it's done.
I was talking more about the pass end date. Like, with how long it could potentially be for CP7 to show up now, I'm starting to feel that the December 2021 end date is only likely if we get a much more consistent release and reveal schedule, and I don't know how likely that is with everything going on right now.

That said...I'm not 100% convinced the doom and gloom of delays is what's happening here, just...Keeping it in mind for right now. Like, I think the outcome looks a little more likely than not, but I'll also admit there's still strong evidence in favor of the next two weeks finally giving us CP7. I'm not gonna go full on pessimistic with this month just yet.

For me personally, if we hit next week Wednesday or Friday and still hear nothing and Nintendo breaks their once a week announcement pattern, then I'm gonna start feeling a Smash announcement this month is a little sus.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kiryu.

Or funnily enough, Travis Touchdown.

FP2 is going to be the final DLC we are getting.

I don't think they are going to reach FP1's performance, so it is no use for them to make FP3, when people will be done with Ultimate.

Post-FP2 DLC isn't happening at all.
That's stupid, they're not gonna say "**** you, you paid 30 dolla for two characters" and leave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...what happened that people are going nuts right now about projectile characters?

Shroob

Sup?
I was talking more about the pass end date. Like, with how long it could potentially be for CP7 to show up now, I'm starting to feel that the December 2021 end date is only likely if we get a much more consistent release and reveal schedule, and I don't know how likely that is with everything going on right now.

That said...I'm not 100% convinced the doom and gloom of delays is what's happening here, just...Keeping it in mind for right now. Like, I think the outcome looks a little more likely than not, but I'll also admit there's still strong evidence in favor of the next two weeks finally giving us CP7. I'm not gonna go full on pessimistic with this month just yet.

For me personally, if we hit next week Wednesday or Friday and still hear nothing and Nintendo breaks their once a week announcement pattern, then I'm gonna start feeling a Smash announcement this month is a little sus.
It's always good to be skeptical, because we just don't know what the future holds.

I think it's likely it could come in the next two weeks, but I'm also iffy as well. Right now, it's seemed like "The next week" for awhile, but Nintendo pulls out something from their hat that they seemed to have been saving.

At least right now, the leak scene is dead quiet, so the best thing to do is keep your ear to the ground as to whoever starts talking and what they say. If they start hearing Direct, then brace for another Partner Showcase.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So...what happened that people are going nuts right now about projectile characters?
Two tournaments that were supposed to be released after FP7 according to the ordered data of tournaments are a lightweight tournament and an only-melee tournament. This led people to theorize that FP7 might have a projectile and isn't a lightweight character.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know, in spite of these "hints" not helping us in the slightest, I have to hope that if we really need to wait much longer, at least we can infer certain things about the character if they keep skipping tournaments.

Sure, it's gonna drag on for weeks, but considering their radio silence, it's better than nothing, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom