• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Anyways, music sure doesn't get talked too often. I don't suppose most of you consider music from a franchise is more important than the character, but What franchise(s) do you want to see in Smash mainly for its music?
Not mainly for it's music, but I think Katamari would contribute a ton of fantastic music to the game!

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Oh boy well this will look fun to spe-

Well nvm then.

Anyways, music sure doesn't get talked too often. I don't suppose most of you consider music from a franchise is more important than the character, but What franchise(s) do you want to see in Smash mainly for its music?
Ace Attorney definitely (And a lot of other reasons) , just imagine this song in Smash:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Well I would like to see more FF music other than that you can't beat the classic soundtracks of Yoko Shimomura any Kingdom Heart music piece would be amazing (not saying thats the only reason I want Sora but it does play a large role).
Some music tracks from games already represented in smash that aren't in Ultimate like:
Pokemon Colosseum/XD songs​
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon songs​
Paper Mario TTYD songs​
More Diversity in the Zelda songs​
would be nice to see

Some of the more highly speculated characters right now are disappointing simply due to their soundtracks being noises or songs without any Motifs
Resident Evil is one of the franchises with the worst music, the game relies on atmosphere from soundeffects so it would be disappointing to see them purely music wise
Doom's soundtrack is very forgettable, obviously their is the main theme but one song for a character isn't great.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Oh boy well this will look fun to spe-

Well nvm then.

MAINLY for its music? Adol Christin from Ys is one of my most wanted solely because of Falcom's unbelievably good music.

That said he doesn't crack my top 5 atm, those I want for reasons besides music. But of those top 5, Phoenix Wright would bring in extremely good music too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Splatoon isn’t a FPS
Oh yeah it's third person...Still based upon the same formula though.
Rhythm Heaven. It is a rhythm game after all. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Air Rally
  • Wish! Couldn't Wait for You
  • Remix 10 (Rhythm Heaven Fever)
  • I Feel Fine
  • Blue Bear

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
TWEWY has great music, but I want Neku with or without it.

Here's a question. What character do you guys think would be the most mechanically interesting to play?
Prince of Persia would be interesting to play as but hell to play against.

A bullet hell character like a character from Touhou could make projectiles more interesting.

Someone with a whip sword could be more interesting than the characters with regular whips, if they have moves like Ivy Valentine.

A polearm fighter would have interesting spacing.

I liked the idea of Knuckles being able to burrow underground on the main stage and fall through platforms with a surprised expression.

D

Deleted member

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/474034736

Banjo
Release September 25th

- RARE Mii Costumes
- Minecraft Mii Costumes (Steve outfit and creeper head)
- B-K Spirits
- Boss Rush with boss additions? (it can be moved to the 4th)
- Online tourney improvement (you can create your own tourneys)
- Home Run Bat Contest
-------------------------------------------------------------
'soldier' 4th
In development right now
Show: Nintendo Direct in September. (Between 10th and 20th)
Release: 20th November.

- ??? Mii Costumes
- Break the Targets (Sadly is like Brawl, but just three stages, not 5 like Brawl)
- Target Blast (yes, this is from Smash 4)
- Boss Rush with Boss additions? (it can be with Banjo)
'spin' 5th
Just planned and a few stuff like model and so
Show: November
Release: January

- WoL extension (including the new bosses, and some of the spirits you don't see in the original WoL)
- New cinematics, but just a few, is not the big deal
- Very Hard mode
'star' Extra Character
Just planned
Show: TBA (Maybe in the Game Awards like Joker, i don't know yet, but it will be before the 5th DLC release)
Release: TBA

- NO Stage
- Just 2 songs
- NO spirits
- NO modes
- NO mii costumes
Extra stage from Minecraft
In development
Show: September (maybe in the direct or maybe in the Banjo release trailer)
Release: At some point of October
THIS IS NOT PART OF FIGHTER PASS. You will need to use your credit card again..
------------------------------------------------------------
New (and old) Bosses:

Porky (Brawl)
Gruntylda (New)
'doctor' (New) (this is from the 5th DLC)
Duon (Brawl)
Master Core (Smash 4) (the Master Fortress transformation was cutted)
Sakurai itself!..haha just kidding, there will be another boss but it's not decided yet who will be, but it's from Nintendo.

See ya!

Another 4chan rumor to pass the time.

Unfortunately it's incredibly fake IMO.

1. He slipped up majorly when he said that Minecraft will be an extra stage considering the extra stage slot is to allow Custom stages to be in Random and I doubt there will be a Season 2 pass so there's not going to be an arrow for more stages.

2. The release dates he picked are definitely based on amiibo release theory so those are safe guesses. So even if we get a announcement from Nintendo a few days before Banjo's video on the 24th it won't make this rumor true.

3. Joker is the only one to actually have a codename. Piranha and Hero have their actual names in the data so Joker is likely the exception.
I gotta say these "leaks" main issue is that they read like fanfics, because the whole adding 5 new bosses is even more reaching than the bonus character which is pretty much wishful thinking. If we get a boss rush, its going to be pretty much what we have now and maybe 1 or 2 reskins like Rathian or Marx Soul.

(Banjo is coming at the earliest in the first week of October. From what I recall, September is even more packed than July in terms of releases considering we get AC on the 31st, Daemon X Machina 2 weeks later, Links Awakening on the 20 and DQXI S on the 27. If Nintendo follows the same convention as before they will not release Banjo in the middle of releases. Only date on September I could see them being released would be on the 3-4th and after that until first week of October)

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I think if Valve were to get a character, it would be Gordon Freeman.

Never trust a leak that is super detailed and knows a bunch of specific dates.
Precisely.

I mean the leak knows how many stages break the targets is getting but can't name one unrevealed character.

'star' Extra Character
Just planned
Show: TBA (Maybe in the Game Awards like Joker, i don't know yet, but it will be before the 5th DLC release)

- NO Stage
- Just 2 songs
- NO spirits
- NO modes
- NO mii costumes
Well gee I wonder who this is supposed to hint towards.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/474034736

Banjo
Release September 25th

- RARE Mii Costumes
- Minecraft Mii Costumes (Steve outfit and creeper head)
- B-K Spirits
- Boss Rush with boss additions? (it can be moved to the 4th)
- Online tourney improvement (you can create your own tourneys)
- Home Run Bat Contest
'soldier' 4th
In development right now
Show: Nintendo Direct in September. (Between 10th and 20th)
Release: 20th November.

- ??? Mii Costumes
- Break the Targets (Sadly is like Brawl, but just three stages, not 5 like Brawl)
- Target Blast (yes, this is from Smash 4)
- Boss Rush with Boss additions? (it can be with Banjo)
'spin' 5th
Just planned and a few stuff like model and so
Show: November
Release: January

- WoL extension (including the new bosses, and some of the spirits you don't see in the original WoL)
- New cinematics, but just a few, is not the big deal
- Very Hard mode
'star' Extra Character
Just planned

- NO Stage
- Just 2 songs
- NO spirits
- NO modes
- NO mii costumes
Extra stage from Minecraft
In development
Show: September (maybe in the direct or maybe in the Banjo release trailer)
Release: At some point of October
THIS IS NOT PART OF FIGHTER PASS. You will need to use your credit card again..
------------------------------------------------------------
New (and old) Bosses:

Porky (Brawl)
Gruntylda (New)
'doctor' (New) (this is from the 5th DLC)
Duon (Brawl)
Master Core (Smash 4) (the Master Fortress transformation was cutted)
Sakurai itself!..haha just kidding, there will be another boss but it's not decided yet who will be, but it's from Nintendo.

See ya!

Another 4chan rumor to pass the time.

Unfortunately it's incredibly fake IMO.

1. He slipped up majorly when he said that Minecraft will be an extra stage considering the extra stage slot is to allow Custom stages to be in Random and I doubt there will be a Season 2 pass so there's not going to be an arrow for more stages.

2. The release dates he picked are definitely based on amiibo release theory so those are safe guesses. So even if we get a announcement from Nintendo a few days before Banjo's video on the 24th it won't make this rumor true.

3. Joker is the only one to actually have a codename. Piranha and Hero have their actual names in the data so Joker is likely the exception.
God please stop baiting Geno fans, they have it pretty rough without all these fake leaks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd still be big on the character too, but I can't wait for the day a Smash trailer begins with this.

As for which series I care more about the music than the character? Probably Jet Set Radio.

God please stop baiting Geno fans, they have it pretty rough without all these fake leaks.
No accounting for buying into a leak just because it has a character you like, but luckily very few of them are actually believable.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
While the "Soldier", "star", and "spin" leak is fake...... holy **** thatd be the ultimate lineup to close out the pass.

Re: Crash in Smash, would Sakurai choose the japanese or Western design? Or both?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
While the "Soldier", "star", and "spin" leak is fake...... holy **** thatd be the ultimate lineup to close out the pass.

Re: Crash in Smash, would Sakurai choose the japanese or Western design? Or both?

Both, but which one is the default changes depending on which language the game is in. If it's Japanese, they use Japanese Crash, otherwise they use Western Crash.

It's like R.O.B., except a bit more complicated since it's more involved than a coloration swap, but I think it'd still work.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Definitely agree that game's great and deserves better.
DKC 3 summer 2020. Calling it now.

Retro wasn't just chilling waiting for a call to work on Prime 4. Tropical Freeze sold better on Switch (while being more expensive) than on WiiU. They'll finish the trilogy.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

The Japanese design has actually only ever been included in the games for Tag Team Racing and Boom Bang, the former of which is also available in the Western versions in cheat code, tho neither of which are, the most beloved Crash games, let's just say. I'd see Crash maybe also getting his Japanese design as an alt, I don't know what other viable. important choices you could have for such a special alt other than... Fake Crash?

Renjamin

Smash Cadet

Retro wasn't just chilling waiting for a call to work on Prime 4. Tropical Freeze sold better on Switch (while being more expensive) than on WiiU. They'll finish the trilogy.
As long has it's with a Playable Bluster Kong

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Would be amazing and I hope youre right. Its been over 5 years since Tropical Freeze, and after replaying it I remember truly how amazing it is. Add a couple more kongs with unique abilities (maybe try bringing back the tag team formula nstead of the current powerup format so we can have teams like Diddy and Dixie/Cranky), bring in K. Rool and have David Wise do the music again and well have game of the year 2020 in our hands. And after the final boss, they put in a teaser for DK64 2 :4dk:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Would be amazing and I hope youre right. Its been over 5 years since Tropical Freeze, and after replaying it I remember truly how amazing it is. Add a couple more kongs with unique abilities (maybe try bringing back the tag team formula nstead of the current powerup format so we can have teams like Diddy and Dixie/Cranky), bring in K. Rool and have David Wise do the music again and well have game of the year 2020 in our hands. And after the final boss, they put in a teaser for DK64 2 :4dk:
Preach. Let us choose whichever two Kongs for thee journey, make more animal buddies, and bring back the Kremlings. It'd be an absolutely lethal game.

As far as a sequel to DK64, my pipe dream is that the DK Crew will join up w Banjo-Kazooie for a monster 3D Platformer. So much of DK64 is tied to Banjo and vice versa, it'd be amazing to finally see them get their own Odyssey-like adventure through their world (since they share the same world).

Renjamin

Smash Cadet
Preach. Let us choose whichever two Kongs for thee journey, make more animal buddies, and bring back the Kremlings. It'd be an absolutely lethal game.

As far as a sequel to DK64, my pipe dream is that the DK Crew will join up w Banjo-Kazooie for a monster 3D Platformer. So much of DK64 is tied to Banjo and vice versa, it'd be amazing to finally see them get their own Odyssey-like adventure through their world (since they share the same world).
That'd be so cool seeing what happened with Mario + Rabbids and seeing how Microsoft and Nintendo are all buddy-buddy I could totally see this happening

ze9

Smash Ace
I want Dixie to come with a slew of Tropical Freeze tunes. I don't care if they're rips, that soundtrack is maybe the best Nintendo ever produced and we deserve to have more of it in Smash. Maybe add a couple of classic tunes, too, like Mining Melancholy, Aquatic Ambiance and Hot-Head Bop.

Then, if we're talking strictly music... I also want Undertale. Spider Dance, Megalovania, Death by glamour, Bonetrousle, Hopes and dreams... they're all so good and so fitting. I'm not sure how well Frisk or Sans would work as fighters, but even if just for the music it would be worth it.
And also Doom. Specifically, classic Doom. Gimme Sign of evil.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Even this song was originally made to be "Project Dream's" main theme. (Dream was the codename for Banjo's game while in development). DK and BK in a game together would make everything come full circle.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

I would absolutely love to see that, maybe even throw in a couple of Mario locations to complete that big shared universe feel!

And Dixie with a Tropical Freeze stage and tons of tunes from it would be fantastic. DK didn't get a new stage this game and his modern stage was removed so this would be perfect.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven. It is a rhythm game after all. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Air Rally
  • Wish! Couldn't Wait for You
  • Remix 10 (Rhythm Heaven Fever)
  • I Feel Fine
  • Blue Bear
Ditto. Give me the Love Ooh Ooh Paradise, Thrilling! Is this Love?, That's Paradise, all the Final Remixes, Clappy Trio, Dreams of Our Generation... Let me listen to all of those whilst Jigglypuff beats up Joker.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I mean, Grassland Groove is practically made to be a Smash stage:
Yes! Anything from Bright Savannah shouldve been the DK stage; we don't have any environments like this in Smash. You could even light the **** on fire...

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Yes! Anything from Bright Savannah shouldve been the DK stage; we don't have any environments like this in Smash. You could even light the **** on fire...
Man, that world was a masterpiece. The whole game, really. So creative, and so beautiful. Look at those colors... My favorite game of the last 10 years by far, give or take Ultimate.
It's great that we finally have K. Rool back, but DKC in Smash now ironically feels a bit stuck in the past. Dixie's grand comeback and Retro's masterpieces deserve some recognition. It's really the only complaint I can have about Ultimate. Hope we can rectify it sooner than later.
(though the whole Wii U era got a bit of the short end of the stick, Super Mario 3d World is another example of a game with a phenomenal soundtrack that did't get even a fraction of the love it deserved)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Dixie is a necesity, but I actually am a bigger fan of Cranky. Add both and a Funky echo, and I think DK would have the perfect cast for Smash.
While you're 100p correct, thatll unfortunately never happen for ultimate. Give us the Dixie echooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom