• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I agree with you but SOR 4 wasn't developed by SEGA they just gave them the license, that doesn't really discredit it though
I mean, yeah, but it's still Sega.

If that doesn't count for them, then any Monolith/Retro/Intelligent Systems game isn't really a Nintendo game as well.

so interesting question someone brought up I was talking to. If Axel DOES get in

would he even have his SoR4 moves or alt cause that game came out this year (sure its been in development for a bit) would it be too late for that version to make an appearance in smash at this point? Some people i know think if he gets in wed just get the classic version and not one based on SoR4 cause of that
Probably not happening in case Axel gets in but I'd like to see his SoR4 costume as an alt. They would go with his classic look but to be honest his new design is a lot more cooler than the old one, in my opinion.

Sakura Wars, Vocaloid games, and the like are great, but those aren't the games i know Sega for. Ristar, Vectorman, Shinobi and the like are what i know Sega for. Im not gonna lie im dead biased towards the Genesis here, so i know my game revival ideas are predictable.
I completely get your point. But at the same time, this also goes the other way around. I imagine that people over there in Japan, when it comes to Sega, will first think about Sakura Wars or Puyo Puyo (besides Sonic, ofc) rather than Virtua Fighter or Golden Axe, for example.

The thing is, I guess that makes a difference, because they will probably try to focus their efforts in catering japanese fans first. Also I think it doesn't help that most of these old IPs that western fans love are from genres that aren't very popular nowadays, or at least not enough to justify a big revival.

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I completely get your point. But at the same time, this also goes the other way around. I imagine that people over there in Japan, when it comes to Sega, will first think about Sakura Wars or Puyo Puyo (besides Sonic, ofc) rather than Virtua Fighter or Golden Axe, for example.
VF was a cash cow for Sega in Japan. The Saturn version of VF2 for example sold 1.5 million copies in Japan alone.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Idon Idon
What happened to SMT? Either way, I like the new look.
He found where his motivation was.
What is going on in here?
Takedowns. According to some Geno supporters, Legacy XP's takedown is a hint towards Geno since he was one of the characters in there, with AM2R's takedown and the following release of Samus Returns being used to back this claim. Based on that logic, the NSFW Princess Peach game takedown leads to... Y'know...

(I'd also like to point out that if "ass" is the worst we can say here, I really don't think we should be talking about... This)
It would be Nazo because not only was that my **** when I was 8 but also he is somewhat official, There was a Sonic X press thing and there was a mysterious sonic form called Nazo.jpg
Nazo Unleashed was the **** back in the day. Seeing him in Smash would be a heavy nostalgia rush to the gut.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
As someone who love 3d platformer games, I really don't feel good about Balan wonderworld. The first presentation was promising, not super exciting but it looks cool, but the trailer in the last partner showcase just killed my hype. It looks so ugly and stiff, the universe isn't as charming as the cgi trailer make it seems and it just look soulless. The game makes me think of Yooka-laylee more than Nights (which in case it's not clear, is a bad thing).
I wish I was more excited for Balan Wonderworld but I'm not.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon Idon
What happened to SMT? Either way, I like the new look.

What is going on in here?
Shin Megami Tensei's time will come when the hour of its reckoning is nigh. Its support thread has grown so much over the past months, to the extent that I don't need to advertise it all the time. So for now, I will put pushing it on hold until it is topical oncemore.

Right now, I'm feeling motivated to push for Devil May Cry after the recent announcement. It's high time we put some respect on DMC's good name and I will very gladly change my look to reflect that.

(Besides, with Joker around, it's not like SMT ever had a good shot to begin with)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So bets on an announcement tomorrow or do you think we're waiting until next week. Still thinking the latter tbh.
Weren’t they showing Hyrule Warriors on Thursday? Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s our weekly “announcement”

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean he was a Power Ranger and still wanted more power I respect how motivated he is

That is on Saturday and is hosted by Koei
I thought that was the 26th they'd be showing more.
Ah, my mistake. Still, I dunno if we’ll see anything this week since that’s happening Saturday. I think that’s out info for the week. Even if it is hosted by KT it was shown off in the trailer for HW so I wouldn’t be surprised for it to be the focus for the week so something else doesn’t overshadow n

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, theory time.

Dante will be coming at some point in this pass, followed by a release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Definitive Edition, which will release for the next Nintendo console and contains every DLC character and more. My reasoning for this?

Vergil.

Every time Vergil has been playable, it's been in a special edition. It's been for all the DMC games from DMC3 onwards, the divisive reboot included, as well as with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Logically, he'd be in the special edition of SSBU. However, generally the protagonist/mascot of the game will come first, with some more wiggle room being available for ensemble casts and those who exceed the mascot in popularity (i.e. Sans and Min Min). Therefore, we'd need to get Dante first before we can get Vergil.

D

Deleted member

Shin Megami Tensei's time will come when the hour of its reckoning is nigh. Its support thread has grown so much over the past months, to the extent that I don't need to advertise it all the time. So for now, I will put pushing it on hold until it is topical oncemore.

Right now, I'm feeling motivated to push for Devil May Cry after the recent announcement. It's high time we put some respect on DMC's good name and I will very gladly change my look to reflect that.

(Besides, with Joker around, it's not like SMT ever had a good shot to begin with)
I would get DMC3 on the Switch, but I don't think my parents would be a fan of me having that, even though I am 17 and can totally handle it. ;-;

DMC sounds like a fun series to get into though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Takedowns. According to some Geno supporters, Legacy XP's takedown is a hint towards Geno since he was one of the characters in there, with AM2R's takedown and the following release of Samus Returns being used to back this claim.
You're kidding, right? :096: Geno supporters are just having a laugh and yanking my chain with that? They don't actually believe that?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You're kidding, right? :096: Geno supporters are just having a laugh and yanking my chain with that? They don't actually believe that?
Well, some of them. Obviously, the Geno thread (Which isn't even discussing Geno half of the time for some reason) doesn't constitute the entirety of Geno's supporters. It doesn't seem to be discussed as much as, say, CacoMallow, either.

Also Master Chief's tied to this somehow. Maybe he's Rosalina's new husband and therefore Geno's stepfather or something, I dunno. I just know he got involved in all this somehow and he seems to be here to stay.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
On the topic of SEGA I really dont understand some of their choices when it comes to ignoring certain franchises for so long. Like streets of rage is a good example honestly considering how the first 3 are p legendary with the 2nd one being arguably the best genesis game. Yet SEGA really seemed to just not care about it for a long time. Tho to be fair it got an amazing and genuinely universally liked 4th game but thats A LOT more than the vast majority of sega franchises have gotten

it just baffles me why they havent like revisted so many series like Nights, virtua fighter, golden axe, alex kid, etc etc. I mean at least Sonic, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, SoR(finally back thank god), and someother games are getting new releases but it still baffles me why they often just completely neglect series for no real reason

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I remember there was speculation for a time that the reason Project M was shut down was because it included Mewtwo and Roy who were going to be Smash 4 DLC at the time or something. Usually none of this correlates with anything. It’s just straw grasping.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
On the topic of SEGA I really dont understand some of their choices when it comes to ignoring certain franchises for so long. Like streets of rage is a good example honestly considering how the first 3 are p legendary with the 2nd one being arguably the best genesis game. Yet SEGA really seemed to just not care about it for a long time. Tho to be fair it got an amazing and genuinely universally liked 4th game but thats A LOT more than the vast majority of sega franchises have gotten

it just baffles me why they havent like revisted so many series like Nights, virtua fighter, golden axe, alex kid, etc etc. I mean at least Sonic, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, SoR(finally back thank god), and someother games are getting new releases but it still baffles me why they often just completely neglect series for no real reason
I mean, they're getting there. They brought back Classic Sonic with Mania, Sakura Wars with the new soft reboot, and Streets of Rage 4. Also, isn't there a new Alex Kidd game too? I'm sure they'll get there eventually.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well, some of them. Obviously, the Geno thread (Which isn't even discussing Geno half of the time for some reason) doesn't constitute the entirety of Geno's supporters. It doesn't seem to be discussed as much as, say, CacoMallow, either.

Also Master Chief's tied to this somehow. Maybe he's Rosalina's new husband and therefore Geno's stepfather or something, I dunno. I just know he got involved in all this somehow and he seems to be here to stay.
That answer is more interesting than the real reason

AFAIK (This is just info I gathered skimming through the Geno thread after clicking on it by accident) someone said Doomguy and Chief were getting in with Geno and now that Microsoft bought Bethesda this speaks in favor of Geno for some reason

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember there was speculation for a time that the reason Project M was shut down was because it included Mewtwo and Roy who were going to be Smash 4 DLC at the time or something. Usually none of this correlates with anything. It’s just straw grasping.
I mean it's a correlation, just not causation. Besides, Geno was just one of the characters, right? So who else is "confirmed"? I'm interested. :191:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
since we might be getting the character any time now im gonna place my bets on it possibly being one of these
Phoenix Wright, Dante, Axel, Cinderace(i dont think a pokemon is happening but just in case), Hayabusa, Nightmare, Crash, Amateratsu
Mii costumes: Travis, Freddy, shovel knight, shantae, rivals char

In some ways I think were getting to a point where we're starting to run out of characters honestly

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That answer is more interesting than the real reason

AFAIK someone said Doomguy and Chief were getting in with Geno and now that Microsoft bought Bethesda this speaks in favor of Geno for some reason
EVERYTHING speaks in favor of Geno to them. No offense, but they will look into whatever is relevant and find some way to tie it into Geno in Smash.

Oh no, have we started another Geno debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom