• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mmhm. Uh-huh yeah sure.

Fake leak is fake as usual especially one with a character from a dead franchise from so long ago. Move along now nothing to see here folks.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

I think this needs to be seen by anyone discussing this Twitter "leak". The gist of it is, this TheDarkMix fellow has no idea whether the leaker is at all reliable. So don't put much (or any) stock into this.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
pokemon is still by far the most discussed first party.
And people need to know that they’re overblowing it’s chances as well as it being overrated on the same level as Dante & crash despite being a big series.

big doubt we’re getting another one

Dinoman96

Smash Master
As in Saki Amamiya? It's so ****ing weird how he's not even an AT anymore, it's like hearing Tingle got removed, just not what I expected at all from Smash
I guess Tingle is slightly more excusable because he's returned to his role as a stage prop on Great Bay (though that didn't stop Klaptrap or the Moon itself), but it's pretty weird how Sakurai made a big deal about how his AT was put in Brawl due to fan demand, and then years later he doesn't even bother bring it back lol

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It could be something like a Xenoblade character that isn't an expected one (Lora, Elma, Melia), a first party with little representation outside of spirits or costumes (Style Savvy please!! But Wave Race, Sin & Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Chibi-Robo, Golden Sun, and more all fit the bill) but either way this could be fun. I like that this has an easy end date of Monday. If it's not announced Monday, it shows that the guy's source was fake.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
It could be something like a Xenoblade character that isn't an expected one (Lora, fiora, Melia)
fixed it for you:4pacman:

but I’m serious with that tho this could be someone y’all are sleeping on for xenoblade reps
Fiora would most likely be the 2nd xc1 character if we were to get another from 1
Is a Spoiler but She dose have lots of potential
And her purposes could be to keep the heat for xcde going

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I guess Tingle is slightly more excusable because he's returned to his role as a stage prop on Great Bay (though that didn't stop Klaptrap or the Moon itself), but it's pretty weird how Sakurai made a big deal about how his AT was put in Brawl due to fan demand, and then years later he doesn't even bother bring it back lol
I mean. We literally know there's programming to prevent characters appearing in certain stages like how we can't get 2 Palkias at once, Off the Hook being disabled a lot and Alucard, the most delicious snack of the cast, being banned from Wii Fit Studio as there's no possible reason to get rid of him otherwise, especially not vampire lore, that'd be nuts

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean. We literally know there's programming to prevent characters appearing in certain stages like how we can't get 2 Palkias at once, Off the Hook being disabled a lot and Alucard, the most delicious snack of the cast, being banned from Wii Fit Studio as there's no possible reason to get rid of him otherwise, especially not vampire lore, that'd be nuts
And only that, Skull Kid and Palkia cannot spawn simultaneously.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
fixed it for you:4pacman:

but I’m serious with that tho this could be someone y’all are sleeping on for xenoblade reps
Fiora would most likely be the 2nd xc1 character if we were to get another from 1
Is a Spoiler but She dose have lots of potential
And her purposes could be to keep the heat for xcde going
Hate to break it to you but there's only 1 Seven who deserves to be in Smash, he's had major influence on Japanese pop culture such aa inspiring Pokemon, Evangelion and many more, even Sakurai's referenced him before so he's clearly a huge fan

"But Gwen he's not a video game character and would be too big!" Tsk tsk, Sakurai never said anything about toku heroes you fan rule user

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that hotgirl Twitter account is trustworthy, but I took a look yesterday and it seemed to me that she was hinting that Travis Touchdown is the next character. She randomly posted a picture of Johnny Knoxville, who is the inspiration for Travis's appearance. It seems like she deleted the picture, though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I kind of missed Ho-Oh as something other than a stage hazard for Kalos League. So I decided to do the next best thing, and make it a boss.

What does the boss do?
  1. Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
  2. Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
  3. Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
  4. Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
  6. Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
  7. Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
  8. Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
  9. Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
  10. Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
  11. Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)

Setting/Intro: The top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.

Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
Music: Battle! Ho-Oh

Last edited:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
"The character will be an unexpected Nintendo character." leak is one of those leaks I wish it was true and have a bad feeling it might be fake. Since a character no one was expecting for fighter 77 sounds really cool.
Brings a fresh reboot in speculation

Calamitas

Smash Champion
"The character will be an unexpected Nintendo character." leak is one of those leaks I wish it was true and have a bad feeling it might be fake. Since a character no one was expecting for fighter 77 sounds really cool.
I mean.
Prior to the March 26th Mini Direct, who was really expecting an ARMS character?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Not that I give this leak any credence but if I did, the franchise that came to mind for me was Advance Wars. It was a long running series of games known in the West & Japan, its assist trophy was removed, and even its representation in Smash now has been reduced to a couple of spirits. As far as dark horse Nintendo IP's it would rank up there.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
I kinda feel like Guilty Gear is hella slept on. We already know that ArcSys gave Sakurai the rights to River City Ransom for a Spirit event, so the relationship is there.
Guilty Gear would awesome in smash, I wonder what character they will choose tho

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I kinda feel like Guilty Gear is hella slept on. We already know that ArcSys gave Sakurai the rights to River City Ransom for a Spirit event, so the relationship is there.

I agree with this too, although I think it is a 50/50 between Guilty Gear and Blazblue for ArcSys rep.

D

Deleted member

Really though.

I just really want the Terrarian, because I love Terraria and I cannot escape it.

I don't know when I will lose interest in the Terraria, but right now I am all aboard the Terraria hype-train.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All ten Code Name S.T.E.A.M fans when Henry gets confirmed and Nintendo has to acknowledge the game exists

(I would literally cry tears of joy)

Didn't Codename S.T.E.A.M. release like... Around the same time as Splatoon? That game definitely got lost in the shuffle I can tell ya that.

That being said, I do remember trying out the demo and enjoying what I played.
America got it in March, everywhere else got it in May.

D

Deleted member

I would say Henry Fleming is more likely than the Terrarian, but if Henry Fleming gets in, I will be very happy for all of you. They will probably have a nice move-set, because the movesets for the DLC are amazing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, I never knew why Codename Steam was never mentioned ever again after they released it, so I checked Wikipedia.
"In its first week on sale in Japan, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. sold fewer than 1,865 copies at retail."
I always find a copy of it in the bargain bin for like 5 euros. It's the same single copy and the store's had it stuck there since launch because nobody's interested
Why would they not choose Sol?

You think they'd pull an ARMS again and add someone like Potemkin instead?
See, should they choose not to add the poster boys, GG still has ****ing phenomenal characters should they decide to say "lol no more mascots" and pick someone like May, Slayer, Dizzy, Nagoryuki, Jack-O, I-No, Raven, Faust, Jam, names the rest of the roster the franchise ever had

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think the Smash team nails every DLC. They always have very fun movesets, stages, and music.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Pack it up y'all, the Spanish dude's source is that that Hotgirl account that has literally gotten nothing correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom