• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
One thing though: Have we ever had a reveal and release so close together (and if it was was it for Byleth)? Even Min Min had the guessing game for months. It could very well be that nothing's happening for Super Smash Bros. this week (or the event is just late, it has happened before).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One thing though: Have we ever had a reveal and release so close together (and if it was was it for Byleth)? Even Min Min had the guessing game for months. It could very well be that nothing's happening for Super Smash Bros. this week (or the event is just late, it has happened before).
Roy and Ryu for Smash 4, nothing for Ultimate.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I guess you could say everyone is putting themselves in despair

View attachment 284216
I’m of the belief that Nintendo is rich now cause it’s converts despair, grief, anxiety, and dread to money. So keeping fans in the dark without so much of a hint of what’s to come in very trying and stressful times has been lining their pockets and allowing the execs to live like kings.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
There's still a chance for a proper direct this week though, it'll just have an irregular announcement like basically everything else this year.
Nah. They're not announcing and then streaming it in 10 hours. Ain't Friday either. We're done.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I hope we don't get anything this week 'cause I really want the 1 year+ gap between two general directs to happen lmao
Well assuming we're getting a Nintendo Direct Mini at most this week (which I think is the likely scenario here) you'll get the best of both worlds if it happens since we still wouldn't have a full Nintendo Direct.

Though if you do mean general directs specifically then there's no way to sugar coat this: Why would you want Nintendo to continue shadowdropping all their stuff until after March you monster!?! EDIT: I should probably note that I'm mostly kidding here.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So to summarize: we had updates on the Pokémon playlist, the Animal Crossing playlist and the general Direct playlist?

At this point, we might either be looking at a Mini or Ninty's twitter people will have a very busy week...
The Animal Crossing thing probably is nothing worth mentioning, either. There was a one minute September update video on Twitter that showcased some of the new fish and insects that are available this month. They probably uploaded that to YouTube as well.

Now this picture needs Joker's dad/Bayo's husband, that is, Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
Excuse you, Dante is absolutely not Joker's father. That'd be the one, the only

Hector Bumwhistle Birtwhistle Xenobladechroniclesx.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Now this picture needs Joker's dad/Bayo's husband, that is, Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
I'm sorry but if we need Bayo's partner as Joker's mother then we need Jeanne. Someone make an edit of this but with Joker, Bayo and Jeanne
View attachment 284215
An interesting facet is that in both scenarios Bayo's partner would have white hair. I wonder where.... wait a minute.

Yu Narukami | Wiki | SMT:Persona 5 Amino

Confirmed.

r/PERSoNA - Joker is Yu little brother confirmed.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Same here. They’re my mains & fit my playstyle like a glove. I was just playing some sets with my buddy last night & doing well with them. :’)

Who does everyone here main? In addition to Banjo, Joker is my co-main. While Lucina & Wario are my secondaries.

I love Terry too, but IDK if I’d consider him one of my mains. I’ve been playing some Hero recently & really liking him, might throw him into the mix more often. FP1 was really kind to me lol
I'm maining Cloud all the way. I'm overall content with the progress I've made with him - sure I could certainly improve, but I do get semi-consistently wins over people who are high up in the online ladder. I'm hovering around the 7,7 million range in GSP and can sometimes reach the 7,8 million range - when GSP starts to increase / decrease by just 100s or 1000s at a time - and stay there for decent periods of time (again, not that GSP matters that much, but still). The estimated Max GSP is to pass the 8 million mark soon it seems.

I generally use Hero if I want to revisit Spirit Battles or screw around since comboing a Bounced Mega Man F-Smash into Whack is funny.

Something that really should have been expected given it was a Final Smash associated with one of (if not) the lowest selling home console DK games of the last 26 years. It would have been making Fox or Falco's FS in Ultimate based around around the mechanics of the Gyrowing from SF0.
Also, the Konga sub-series fell off a cliff hard (not long before the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series also fell off said cliff) so it might not have been obvious to some that the seemingly random drums are linked to a GCN controller.

Random thought: If we ever get a tank like H.B. or Reyn, it would be interesting to see their taunt ability force the auto-turnaround mechanic on everyone, even outside of 1v1's.
That could be really interesting since the taunt mechanic's been used in MMOs and MOBAs to great effect - just wondering if the taunted opponents would attack with jabs or something like that or if the tank would get armor / otherwise a defensive boost from the taunt.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
An interesting facet is that in both scenarios Bayo's partner would have white hair. I wonder where.... wait a minute.

Yu Narukami | Wiki | SMT:Persona 5 Amino

Confirmed.

r/PERSoNA - Joker is Yu little brother confirmed.
It was at this time, Yu saw he didnt just have a sistter complex, but had a brother complex as well

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A Resident Evil character could work like this.
It could? What mechanic would cause this? (Right now I'm just imagining all of the other characters going "screw Resident Evil in particular!". lol)

That could be really interesting since the taunt mechanic's been used in MMOs and MOBAs to great effect - just wondering if the taunted opponents would attack with jabs or something like that or if the tank would get armor / otherwise a defensive boost from the taunt.
It would probably depend on the character. For example, Reyn's Talent Art just raises agro, while the Assault Rifle's Decoy Round Art also inflicts Flinch (at least, I'm pretty sure it does. It's not in the Art description but it seems to consistently happen).

I wouldn't force the opponent to attack though, that could be kinda toxic (or alternatively not much different from a normal stun).
EDIT: Also, it would be an automatic punish for Min Min. lol

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm confident that CP7 will come this year. I can't see them dropping 5 characters next year unless development was extremely affected by COVID, such as Sakurai himself testing positive.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm confident that CP7 will come this year. I can't see them dropping 5 characters next year unless development was extremely affected by COVID, such as Sakurai himself testing positive.
If the next character doesn't get announced this year, I would fully expect a delay, at least for the last character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If the next character doesn't get announced this year, I would fully expect a delay, at least for the last character.
But I only expect that to happen if something serious were to occur, such as Sakurai testing positive for COVID-19.

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Couldnt the 3 being bolded just mean the number of games that are going to be part of the Mario 3D collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom