• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So to summarize: we had updates on the Pokémon playlist, the Animal Crossing playlist and the general Direct playlist?

At this point, we might either be looking at a Mini or Ninty's twitter people will have a very busy week...
Well, Pokemon's Twitter people will have an eventful week after the little Pokemon Masters EX hashtag fiasco hahahahahahaha WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during THAT meeting har har har har har

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, Pokemon's Twitter people will have an eventful week after the little Pokemon Masters EX hashtag fiasco hahahahahahaha WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during THAT meeting har har har har har
...I'm morbidly curious - like, did NO ONE, AT ANY POINT IN TIME, think that there wasn't anything wrong with the way it was spelled?

At least we got some great memes out of this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...I'm morbidly curious - like, did NO ONE, AT ANY POINT IN TIME, think that there wasn't anything wrong with the way it was spelled?

At least we got some great memes out of this.
They expected the internet to be mature.

Internet decided to be mature in a different way.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's a reason?
It was likely removed because it was unintuitive. Most of the general public doesn't really know that it's a mini rhythm game. Heck, when I was a kid I thought it was random and you were supposed to mash.

EDIT: Granted this was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl where there weren't any indicators, but even in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U I saw people just let Donkey Kong sit there more often than not.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No Spirit Event or Tournament this week is suspicious. Oh, and if we do get a Mini on the 3rd then we will definitely have Smash news unless we either get a Partner Showcase, a Nindie Direct, or a series-specific Direct.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It was likely removed because it was unintuitive. Most of the general public doesn't really know that it's a mini rhythm game. Heck, when I was a kid I thought it was random and you were supposed to mash.

EDIT: Granted this was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl where there weren't any indicators, but even in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U I saw people just let Donkey Kong sit there more often than not.
Something that really should have been expected given it was a Final Smash associated with one of (if not) the lowest selling home console DK games of the last 26 years. It would have been like making Fox or Falco's FS in Ultimate based around around the mechanics of the Gyrowing from SF0.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly I think the lack of Tuesday update is key here.

When is the last time that happened?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The weeks Hero and Byleth were released, as mentioned earlier.
In addition, I checked in game just in case the announcement, for whatever reason, was limited to the game and not Twitter. Nothing as of now.

So either A. There's something happening or B. It's a Bye Week (sports term for when a team does not have a game scheduled).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Something that really should have been expected given it was a Final Smash associated with one of (if not) the lowest selling home console DK games of the last 26 years. It would have been like making Fox or Falco's FS in Ultimate based around around the mechanics of the Gyrowing from SF0.
I'd probably recognize the Gyrowing from trailers and still not know how the Final Smash works.

It's a Bye Week (sports term for when a team does not have a game scheduled).
"There's no game this week? Whelp., I guess we'll just have to fall off the face of the Earth then."
-Sports teams, probably.​

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Seems like the Pokemon playlist thing was proved to be an old deleted TVCM, so that's one down. Dunno about the Mario Remaster or Smash rumors. 2 minutes time update may just be nothing (I personally am hoping for another Dunban meme)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
IIRC the Animal Crossing direct was announced at 5 pm EST and a partner direct was announced at Midnight EST

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It was too good to be true I guess.

Seems Nintendo just likes to continue teasing us.
Well it's technically not Nintendo themselves a lot of the time...

Still though, a same day announcement or shadowdrop aren't out of the realm of possibility. Especially if it's a Nintendo Direct Mini or a similarly small presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom