• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Before I get into my post I just noticed your signature and it's really cool!

Anywho, when is Nintendo going to give us a modern online system, you know, like the ones implemented in most consoles since the late 2000s? I know this is a weird post to make but I wanted to get some opinions on the subject. The fact that I can't go to my friends list and message people or ask them to play a game with me is kinda disappointing, but I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that a more advanced online system may attract predatory behavior on a widely known family friendly platform...? Idk.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My 5:00 PM EST Hunch proved false my current theory is:

At 9:00 PM EST we will get a normal tourney if not a direct

If one of those things happens at 9:00 then the other will happen at midnight or the more likely theory. I am overthinking this.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The only guessing game we'd have is if it's Pokemon. And it being another Pokemon in general is the worst-case scenario.
They might do a guessing game for an entire company rather than a franchise. And, I don't get why people treat a Gen 8 Pokemon getting in as a worst case scenario when 9 times out of 10 Pokemon characters have fun and unique movesets.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Me : No fear
My brain : A direct mini could have another guessing game for the next smash character
Me : 1 fear
Honestly though, I'd be absolutely fine with a guessing game. At least it's discussion about something that'll actually happen - at least it's not blind speculation based on hopes, fears, crappy "leaks," and meticulous scanning by the community for any activity on any Nintendo account or webpage around the world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful people put in the time and effort to look for things, but man this waiting and watching and hearing ""news"" that never amounts to anything is getting rouuuuuuugh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They might do a guessing game for an entire company rather than a franchise. And, I don't get why people treat a Gen 8 Pokemon getting in as a worst case scenario when 9 times out of 10 Pokemon characters have fun and unique movesets.
Because it's more Pokemon. I want fresh faces. It isn't deep or a rooted hatred, I just want something new new, not new from the old.

The ninth Pokemon to me gets the same reaction as the eighth Fire Emblem got from me.

You got your opinions and I got mine. It's either a fresh face or Waluigi to get a thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Multiple Insiders pointing towards Mario Allstars 3D

Accidental Nintendo leaks

Corroborating evidence of Mario’s 35th Anniversary Celebration

Nintendo Fans:
i imagine a lot of it is a "boy who cried wolf" situation of sorts. basically random twitter "leakers" like hotgirlvideos come in with info that obviously doesn't pan out which then for some reason leads to an "all leakers are fake" mindset among the general crowd which then translates to people not buying it when people with ACTUAL track records enter the picture, and THEN if these people happen to get it wrong, they get forever lumped in with the twitter randos, revisionism takes effect with claims that they never had any credibility and the people who believed them get made fun of

it's a vicious cycle

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I would not be surprised if this is a Shadowdrop/tweeted about literal hours ahead of time, if we are getting anything tomorrow.

This year, just off the top of my memory:

Our ONE(UNO)(1) Direct was dropped on YouTube with 0 prior warning

And both our Minis were tweeted in advance not even 12 hours ahead of time.

Seems like Nintendo is just all over the place.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
let's just say

proper capitalization could have prevented all this

It was supposed to be read as Pokemon Masters EX
hah, funny corporate oopsies

Seems like Nintendo is just all over the place.
A year where Nintendo didn't have many games is even more barren. It's 2016 all over again.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
NoA or NoE not having tweeted so far this days is certainly strange.

Maybe they're gonna shadowdrop something in a strange hour like they did with the first Partner Showcase? Also, we have that 3 hint from Zell, which I assume was pointing to September 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom