• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, I don't even know who my least wanted is. So I'll take that well.

Edit: Didn't want to double post so I'm just adding this.
PapaGeno's discord did a vote on who is the most likely and who is the most wanted. Geno came 2nd on most likely and 1st on most wanted so there's potential slight bias, but last time I was around that Discord quite a few people hated the idea of Geno getting in.
Phoenix Wright and Heavy as a duo character when? Make it happen Sakurai.

SKX31

Smash Master
And Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi too...
Have we finally found it? The perfect character to represent epic gamers?
The true xx360NoScopexx timeline would be something like this:

• Crash (or any other A-B character) as FP7.
  • Pepsi Man as FP8.
  • Nintendo signs exclusive streaming deal with Activision-owned MLG TV, giving them all streaming rights to Smash.
  • :ultduckhunt: gets a new DLC cosmetic where the Can becomes a Mountain Dew can, and :ultkingdedede: gets a DLC cosmetic where his Gordo is replaced by a bag of Doritos.
  • The airhorn goes own whenever someone gets Star KOed.

One thing to consider is that the tweet I posted there is from a K. Rool megafan account.

I do get the feeling a lot of the people who complain about this issue are probably older folk who grew up playing the likes of Mario and Rare games on SNES and N64 and probably don't like how more Japan centric Nintendo has gotten since then.

Smash 4 in particular contained a lot more "anime humanoids" than previous installments, with Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Dark Pit, Shulk, Cloud, Ryu, Corrin and Bayonetta getting in over the likes K. Rool and Ridley, which I think may of been the straw that broke the camel's back for certain people.
Counterpoint; there were quite a lot of anime-esque games back then too (Fire Emblem, Famicom Detective Club, Doki Doki Panic etc.) but those were never exported officially outside Japan. At least not until Melee changed that for Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I'll be honest, I don't even know who my least wanted is. So I'll take that well.

PapaGeno's discord did a vote on who is the most likely and who is the most wanted. Geno came 2nd on most likely and 1st on most wanted so there's potential slight bias, but last time I was around that Discord quite a few people hated the idea of Geno getting in.
I never knew that a purely fan-service character should be considered among the most likely nowadays.
(At least I can admit that Bandana Dee's chances for DLC are as thin as Paper Mario's body).

ZelDan

Smash Master
Alright, I don't know how to download the image used (I saw it on the Geno thread), but I wanted to bring up the "Smash Bros. Monkey Paw" game! Here's how it works: your most wanted character gets added. HOWEVER, so does your least wanted character. Do you accept the deal? If so, who's getting added?
Eh, I'm not crazy about Minecraft Steve joining Smash, but I'm not THAT negative about the idea. That and if I got playable Isaac I wouldn't even care as much anyways.

So sure whatever.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
You think?
I mean I did mention that previously in the discord there was a lot of people that hated Geno and didn't think he had a shot, and people were saying the same thing back when I was on the Geno thread (Though it's been a while ago since I was there last time, so maybe things have changed)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Thirteen unique characters and several returning DLC costumes later and Geno is still considered the second most likely character by the PapaGenos Discord.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I mean I did mention that previously in the discord there was a lot of people that hated Geno and didn't think he had a shot, and people were saying the same thing back when I was on the Geno thread (Though it's been a while ago since I was there last time, so maybe things have changed)
Why would Geno haters hang around in the discord of someone called Papagenos? People are so silly. In any case I doubt they are the majority and it's not like they can vote against him.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Since Geno was mentioned, I just wanted to bring Up something I was thinking of

I'm pretty sure no matter if Geno turns out Playable or Not, I'm very confident he will get a New Official 3D Model in this game, for the first time in his Existence. Now whether that means he's a Premium costume like Sans, Cuphead, or Vault Boy, or His own Playable character I don't know

D

Deleted member

So apparently, NateDrake commented on the rumored Direct saying a Partner Showcase isn't likely, and to not worry about the branding. Can anybody confirm if he's not trolling this time? I don't want to start anymore false hope like I did with Dante.
Honestly I think I'm just gonna wait until we actually hear news about this rumored Direct from Nintendo themselves: feels like everyone's getting onto that "leak" train and trying to go for quick cred, and almost every "leak" in the last few weeks have seemed to be that way thus far. We should know for sure in a few days anyway so it's not like we're waiting another 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think you can discard Geno's rank on those polls, but he probably would've at least placed somewhere on both anyway.

If Geno were to get in, what are the chances of a Neku mii? Asking because I would literally cry even if Neku only got a mii that would be so hype
Square doesn't seem overly emphatic to branch out further than the series already included. I mean we get reduced Mii waves when it's a Square character. I personally wouldn't hold my breath for other Square series to show up as Mii costumes. Though we did get Mana and Octopath spirits, so who knows.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Honestly out of all the characters we've speculated about or thought about. Phoenix seems like the #1 pick to fit in with the Smash cast. He's such a quirky goofy character and if they could make him work in MvC3 (he's wonderful in that game), there's no question he'd fit snug in with Smash. Not to mention, the appeal to Japan would be very strong.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

The old age debate returns
Considering how 90% of modern video game characters tend to be human and how at least 95% of modern video game characters from Japan tend to have an Anime art style, I wouldn't expect anything to change.

I.D.

Smash Lord
What is the accepted Smashboards Rulebook on how mii costumes are picked?

Last edited:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
At this point, I think the only way Geno could feasibly make the roster is if he performed very well during the Smash Ballot, ranking behind the base game and FP1 newcomers (hence why he didn't make the cut before now), but ahead of characters like Isaac and Shovel Knight, who clearly got enough attention to be given the honorable mention treatment as assist fighters, but not quite enough to make the roster.

I've been expecting a new and improved Geno Mii costume ever since the Sans reveal. I'll be a little surprised if that doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character, or saying that they won't be included, or that a Mii costume would be the closest that they'd ever get to being playable)

I'd go with Emil from Nier and Nier Automata.

I think his design would work well for being a Mii Swordfighter costume (with the giant head that Yoko Taro wears as the mask, and using his staff as a sword like what Viridi does), and even if 2B can't make it in for Good Boys And Girls reasons (though they could change her design a little bit like female Corrin's if need be), we could still get at least one song from Nier Automata in the game.

...though in a bit of a Monkey's Paw situation, it would probably be this.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character or saying that they won't be included)
Any Five Nights at Freddy's Character any day of the week

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character, or saying that they won't be included, or that a Mii costume would be the closest that they'd get to being playable)

I think his design would work well for being a Mii Swordfighter costume (with the giant head that Yoko Taro wears as the mask, and using his staff as a sword like what Viridi does), and even if 2B can't make it in for Good Boys And Girls reasons (though they could change her design a little bit like female Corrin's if need be), we could still get at least one song from Nier Automata in the game.

...though in a bit of a Monkey's Paw kind of situation, it would probably be this.
Man, I wish we could have Emil as a shop-owner Spirit.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character, or saying that they won't be included, or that a Mii costume would be the closest that they'd get to being playable)

Dorothy from Steamworld Dig 2.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character, or saying that they won't be included, or that a Mii costume would be the closest that they'd get to being playable
Conker 100%.

Also Goku. Even though Goku will never make it in or be represented at all, that would be hilarious.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Hat Kid from A Hat in Time and Madeline from Celeste. Some of my favorite indies.

A Hat in Time for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

CELESTE for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Avery from Pirate101
captain-avery2.jpg

He'd work perfectly as a swordfighter, and would give an excuse to add content from Wizard101's forgotten brother, Pirate101.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

If 2b comes and Emil's head isn't in in any form I will write a strongly worded letter, anyways...

A Plumbob from the Sims as a hat
Buck Bumble for gunner mainly for that godly theme
Viewtiful Joe's proportions are perfect for Mii costumery
Hat Kid and The Knight like others suggested
Kris from Deltarune and they could come with Rude Buster or World Revolving
A Freddy Fazbear Mask
Dallas from Payday 2 as a mask
Steve as a Swordfighter or Brawler
Sackboy as a brawler
Monokuma as a Brawler

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He'd work perfectly as a swordfighter, and would give an excuse to add content from Wizard101's forgotten brother, Pirate101.
Wouldn't that look awfully similar to the pirate outfit we already have?

When your only experience with Xenoblade Chronicles is through Super Smash Bros. and people start talking about Xenoblade Chronicles X and/or Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

I'd love to see a Demonica Mii Gunner (especially if it was revealed with an SMT character)
Demonica.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Mii costumes, what characters would you like to see as a "premium" Mii costume? (no obvious troll picks or characters that have a reasonable amount of support for being playable, please - I don't want to see people saying things like "I'd pick Geno because I want to make his fans upset" or thinly-veiled excuses for bashing a character, or saying that they won't be included, or that a Mii costume would be the closest that they'd ever get to being playable)

Ori as a Brawler, Gunvolt as a Gunner (it may be the best he can get), Monokuma as a Brawler, and I guess Hollow Knight as a Swordfighter

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'd love to see the Primids from Brawl's Subspace Emissary come back as Mii Costumes. You could even have three different versions for the Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner Miis.

Also, if we're talking Mii Costumes that come with a music track, I'd love a Bug Fables Mii Costume (likely based on Kabbu or Maki) that comes with the game's awesome boss theme...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom