• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Only if it's the version from the IDW comics. Ian Flynn actually GETS this guy.
I haven't read the comics myself, So I wouldn't know about this version. I'm intrigued though so I'm gonna research this version of Zavok and the Deadly Six later

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I haven't read the comics myself, So I wouldn't know about this version. I'm intrigued though so I'm gonna research this version of Zavok and the Deadly Six later
From what I've seen the Sonic comics go SUPER hard.

Like you know how people give sh*t to Batman for not killing the Joker? Words will be exchanged if Sonic or someone else doesn't murder Eggman for what he's done.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Even Mephiles would be better
From what I've heard, Mephiles is a bit of a fan favorite.

From what I've seen the Sonic comics go SUPER hard.

Like you know how people give sh*t to Batman for not killing the Joker? Words will be exchanged if Sonic or someone else doesn't murder Eggman for what he's done.
I've heard there was a Crisis on Infinite Earths style event in them as well...Or was that the Archie Comics...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
True, but at the same time, at least from what i can tell, people actually want Goku to be in (Me Included), Zavok is the opposite mostly (though there are people that don't mind, which is cool for them.
There are probably some people who Genuinely want Zavok too, but much like Goku the people who do want that character know that they don't have a great chance so they have fun with talking about that character anyways.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
There are probably some people who Genuinely want Zavok too, but much like Goku the people who do want that character know that they don't have a great chance so they have fun with talking about that character anyways.
If I'm being completely honest, I would unironically be so happy if Goku made it in. If we could only get a single 4th party in Smash history, I'd want it to be Goku. He would have such a fun moveset,

7NATOR

Smash Master
I get that, that's why i say there are people who wouldn't mind him, and there are people that like Zavok

But mostly, He's not very liked in the Sonic Fanbase itself majorly. Even characters that were more one-offs like Mephiles, Tikal, Emerl get much more love than Zavok

That's why I say situations is different between Goku and Zavok

If I'm being completely honest, I would unironically be so happy if Goku made it in. If we could only get a single 4th party in Smash history, I'd want it to be Goku. He would have such a fun moveset,
Yeah, Goku would be Epic. Personally I would want him to have every Transformation (including Ultra Instinct), I could only Imagine. Actually I think that would be his Gimmick honestly, that and having Ki and stuff

however even if not Goku, other 4th parties like Spider man, Batman, Darth Vader would be cool

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That YouTube video is essentially the epitome of why leak culture is so targeted at the Smash community.

Even the most ridiculous, obviously-not-happening, outlandish “leaks” are given attention, which is why Youtubers cover leaks in this way.

If they weren’t given the attention they get, we might not have terrible leaks in the rampancy we do.

They’re not even leaks. They’re rumors.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Whether it's in Archie or IDW, Eggman is an ABSOLUTE *******.
Yeah, it got pretty dark. But don't worry, Super Silver finally came back for the first time since his debut and removed every piece of the Zombot virus from across the globe at the molecular level and chucked it into the Sun. IDW Silver is best boi.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
I metioned this before, My prediction for when the next character is announced is probably around Fall 2020.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I personally would dig Zavok for his design alone, but isn't he like, the most "STOCK_GENERIC_EVIL_GUY" out of ALL the Sonic villains? I get the impression that his characterization is pretty unremarkable from what I know of him.
But seriously, if you're really gonna go for a Zeti, then why not THIS guy?

ZazzSMALLER.png

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Ridley will never get in, he's too big.
King K. Rool will never get in, that's ridiculous, he is nothing like Ridley, don't compare these two. He is irrelevant, his last appearance was in an obscure spin-off 10 years ago, Ashley will get in because she has lots of doujin that I jack off to everyday, nobody knows K. Rool besides a small pool of mentally ill smashies, his chances are zero.
Banjo-Kazooie is nothing like K. Rool (who I definitely supported from the start), don't compare these two, K. Rool is first-party and relevant, Banjo-Kazooie is never getting in it's just a smashie pipe dream.
Geno is nothing like Ridley, K. Rool or Banjo-Kazooie, don't compare him to them, K. Rool is actually very iconic, Geno is just a one-off side-character from a forgotten 25 year old Mario spin-off and he's third party, nobody knows him besides a small pool of mentally ill Smash fans. Sakurai lied in that interview to shut you mentally ill Geno fans up.
Isaac is nothing like Geno, Geno was a Sakurai pick, he explicitly claimed to want him, and he had huge fan support. Isaac is from a dead series nobody remembers and Sakurai hates him.
Krystal is nothing like Isaac, don't compare these two, she's never getting in, Isaac is the protagonist of his own iconic first-party series and had huge fan demand, Krystal is a side-character from a dead franchise that already has 3 reps.
Sukapon will never get in...

D

Deleted member

Same tbh. I mean it’d unlikely as hell but I want to KAMEHAMEHA all the Mario characters with mother****ing Goku! How cool would that be?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s probably gonna be a generic themed one with no new spirits... last NEW spirits we got were Octopath and I like I said, I think the pandemic affected so much as even procuring the rights to new Spirits. Yes even within Nintendo for some reason

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I just want them to get some darn rest already. Working on Smash for so many years has got to be draining. I guess it would be bad business to take a lot of time off between passes, but they certainly deserve it. If Ultimate is done when we end FP2, I disagree that they have to start on their project right away. I would hope some time could be spared for a nice vacation so that they could go into their next project refreshed.
Sakurai & the Smash team have had breaks/vacations in the past 8 years lmao. They haven’t been working for 8 years straight with no rest. Whenever Sakurai talks about how “tired” he is, he’s joking or maybe talking about being creatively tired since he hasn’t been able to something like Kid Icarus: Uprising in a long time.

Smash is clearly a labor of love, but it’s also still a job for everyone involved. Once they finish Ultimate, they’ll move onto the next project to continue their careers & pay their bills.

kylexv

Smash Master
So I just wanted to ask you guys, because Gamefaqs had a Topic about this "Leak" but

How would you guys feel about Zavok being a Character in Smash Bros?
If you wanted every Sonic fan to want to shoot themselves, then yes, this is the best choice.
Personally, bringing this character up as an actual possibility makes me shudder.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
CacoMallow is a topic beaten into the ground at this point, so rather than write up a long, detailed post as to why I believe it to be fake, here's some bullet points:

• The usage of Ken is blatantly memey and is an obvious bait.
  • Nintendo has taken no action against it and that's a huge red flag when Nintendo will not hesitate to nuke legit leaks.
  • It's been 9 months and neither of the costumes have shown up. There's no way Mii costumes are held onto that far in advance.
  • Vault Boy is already in as Bethesda content, why would they split up anything they had licensed from them? If Cacodemon costume was real, it would've come with Vault Boy.
  • Mod creators have proven it's possible to recreate the models.
  • Recent developments in Ultimate modding are showing the possibility to go even further than Mii costume mods. CacoMallow isn't even going to be that impressive in hindsight as things progress even more.
  • The blatant teasing nature of the whole thing showing Mii costumes that allude to Doom Guy or Geno without showing proof of either being playable.

Honestly, I could probably go even further, but that's quite enough considering what others have already said here today. Geno has things going for him (and that's coming from someone who is extremely pessimistic about his chances), but CacoMallow shouldn't be the cornerstone of speculation for him when it blatantly false at this point.

EDIT: Also lol Zavok. Yeah, no.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just wanted to ask you guys, because Gamefaqs had a Topic about this "Leak" but

How would you guys feel about Zavok being a Character in Smash Bros?
Hell no. I would really prefer a character from a game that didn’t bomb and is actually recognizable, like Eggman, Blaze, Tails, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Geno has things going for him (and that's coming from someone who is extremely pessimistic about his chances)
Not according to this thread. Anything that so much as hints at Geno being in is either completely fake, or is just "circumstantial" and thus might as well mean nothing.

7NATOR

Smash Master
How about this instead

He only Really Appeared in one Mainline game (and that game was Sonic 06), but He's still very Sick.

Cool Powers (he's like the Noob Saibot of Sonic), Cool Evil Design, Cool voice, Very Good Pedigree (Killed Sonic, Took Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver to defeat), and people actually want to see him return.

Ever since he was the Final boss of the Sonic Battle Fan game (Lost Ending Neo), he's been getting cooler to me personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom