• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And yet, if an Indie World Direct ends up happening, it's still the closest thing we'd have to any indication that a normal Direct is coming... which is just sad at this point.
I'd take an Indie direct since it means we may get more info on games like Silksong and Axiom Verge 2

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Part of why I think things are such slow goings for FP2 (besides the obvious) is that while I know we don't have any official data backing this idea up, I'm kiiiiiiiiind of under the impression the dev team ain't as big as it was previously with FP1. It would definitely explain why it's going to take two years to get six characters when previously it only took one year and one month to get 5.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
In regards to Granblue news though Cagliostro was an obvious choice, Vira is probably part of the pass as well.
Damn another swordfighter, very original cygames
(Seriously though if they are really going to put Vira at least use her primal version)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'll say it again that Nintendo's method of revealing newcomers does not mix well with the Fighting Game season pass when you look at how other developers reveal their DLC characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Quickfire Round, who is your bet for the next character, go!
I have a strong feeling it'll be Green Mario
Part of why I think things are such slow goings for FP2 (besides the obvious) is that while I know we don't have any official data backing this idea up, I'm kiiiiiiiiind of under the impression the dev team ain't as big as it was previously with FP1. It would definitely explain why it's going to take two years to get six characters when previously it only took one year and one month to get 5.
I mean, yeah, that's kinda typical for DLC practises, it lets you keep devs in work on multiple projects without devs not getting any work done and possibly fired in between development of games

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm also not entirely sure an official English rerelease would be better on principle alone. The fan translation is of professional quality and the game plays perfectly with the patch. Maybe an official localization would be better, maybe it wouldn't. The Treehouse has done some fantastic work, but they've also done stuff like Saizo and Beruka's C-support.
It'd be infinitely better since then you could play it without pirating the game. Unless the official translation made the game pretty worthless, it would automatically be better on principle.

CASH BANOOCA NO WAY AROUND IT
You know, when Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time was first revealed I thought they kinda ruined his design. With the recent trailer though I actually quite like it. They seem to have dropped the mental handicap he has in other titles, but he seems to instead react to things like a little critter would, so he's still unique among other humanoid protagonists. I think I'm all for Crash Bandicoot's inclusion still, even considering that that's the design they'll probably go with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quickfire Round, who is your bet for the next character, go!
Moody 15 year old with orange spiky hair and headphones. Oh and he also has psychic powers, an anime coming out soon, and potentially a sequel.

if not him then Fox Girl From That One MOBA

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo could be swimming in fujoshi cash RIGHT NOW if it weren't for Sakurai's stubbornness against adding non-Triforce users.
Non-Triforce users for Smash. Yes, I can get behind that.

Cucco
Impa
Skull Kid
Tingle
Vaati

More Triforce users? These are who I want.

Deku Link / Goron Link / Zora Link
Ganon
Midna & Wolf Link
Tetra
Toon Zelda

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that I see toon Zelda

if there’s one Pokémon rep I wanna see it’s Plusle and Minun, assuming they’re the pra_mai from Brawl. Yeah since Toon Zelda was part of Brawl’s Forbidden Seven...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It'd be infinitely better since then you could play it without pirating the game. Unless the official translation made the game pretty worthless, it would automatically be better on principle.
I really disagree. You can only play Simon's Quest Redacted if you buy a reproduction cart or patch a rom, but few would call that version inferior to the vanilla version of Castlevania 2.

Plus, a lot of the harm in piracy is mitigated when the official run of a product ended years ago and there's currently no way to legally purchase the product and support the devs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I really disagree. You can only play Simon's Quest Redacted if you buy a reproduction cart or patch a rom, but few would call that version inferior to the vanilla version of Castlevania 2.

Plus, a lot of the harm in piracy is mitigated when the official run of a product ended years ago and there's currently no way to legally purchase the product and support the devs.
Well I'm not gonna be the internet police or anything, but I still wouldn't say it's morally permissible. Perhaps it should be, but that's a topic for another place.

Pokemon isn't that bad of a series ;p Depends which pokemon and how fun they are ;)
Even so, Cinderace would sadden me greatly.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Most people seem to think Crash and Dante it seems, interesting. Personally I am predicting Dante but not Crash. What makes Crash so likely? Quite curious to see what people think.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I'm not gonna be the internet police or anything, but I still wouldn't say it's morally permissible. Perhaps it should be, but that's a topic for another place.

Even so, Cinderace would sadden me greatly.
I wouldn't mind cinderace, but another fire type right after incineroar seems unlikely. I'd rather they go beyond the starters if they do want a pokemon in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll say it again that Nintendo's method of revealing newcomers does not mix well with the Fighting Game season pass when you look at how other developers reveal their DLC characters.
Which is why I still think they should of told us all the characters right out the ****ing gate

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Edit: My bad, quoted the wrong post...

Since Cloud's reveal Crash has been a popular request.
Nintendo and Activision have collaborated in the past, especially considering DK and Bowser appeared in Skylanders. Even moreso since the Crash remasters have since been added to the Switch's library, and with Crash having decent enough popularity in Japan makes him a likely contender to some people.

Not to mention a lot of people want him for similar reasons they wanted Sonic back in the day.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think if Crash gets in he won't use one particular design, Instead they will pull a a Banjo and create a new design for Crash that mainly resembles his PSX Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom