• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah its probably maintance for AC, but that investors meeting will not go over well if they have no 1st party games on the table to show...
I really wanna believe Nintendo ain't just gonna drop Animal Crossing and Paper Mario and then peace out, but the longer they stay silent, the more telling it is that that seems to be the current plan.

Can't fault 'em for it when the pandemic has messed everything up, but man, it really will suck if the last half of the year has nothing at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people just want to hope their character still has a chance of getting in. Its not fun when speculation around characters you care about is pretty much nonexistent.
Is this a good thing? If your fave actually has an improbable chance of getting in, conving yourself otherwise just seems like a good way to disappoint yourself.

You can still talk about characters you like while being realistic.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people just want to hope their character still has a chance of getting in. Its not fun when speculation around characters you care about is pretty much nonexistent.
It is not a bad thing to see perceived limitations be disproven, correct, but when people simply see a character as a key to disprove "fan rules", it feels they see them in a shallow way, and an assurance their most wanted will get in when nothing says there would be more cases as such, or that even if they were, that doesn't means their particular most wanted is amongst them; only to end in the inevitable disappointment many of the most vocal people in this fanbase always set themselves for.

And this comes from someone who would love to see Shovel Knight, Shantae, Tails, Eggman, a Gen III Pokémon and Tiki as playable.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is this a good thing? If your fave actually has an improbable chance of getting in, conving yourself otherwise just seems like a good way to disappoint yourself.

You can still talk about characters you like while being realistic.
That depends entirely on who you're asking.

Another problem with a lot of these "rules" is that it leaves speculation around these characters rather one dimensional. Imagine if everytime someone brought up Geno and every response was simply, "yeah but he's a spirit tho" When these rules are broken we can ACTUALLY speculate on the character instead of just writing them off.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Combined with that other dude I’d say we will see a shadow drop of another direct
If by "Direct," you mean another 10-20 min showcase of third party projects then I could believe that.

Otherwise? I don't trust HotGirlVideos69 in the slightest.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, but sometimes things just aren't looking up for them, which is why Joker and Terry got next to nothing before they were announced. Of course, that just makes them even more hype.

I did suggest a thread to just explain what a character could do, what they'd bring, where they come from, etc. Dunno if we're still gonna do that, but I tried.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd like to point out that shortly after the tweet was made, HotGirlVideos69 made another tweet asking people to purchase adult toys so she could continue leaking Nintendo news.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd like to point out that shortly after the tweet was made, HotGirlVideos69 made another tweet asking people to purchase adult toys so she could continue leaking Nintendo news.
Wait what

oof

into the trash this goes then

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm not sure I understand this comparison.

Corrin and Byleth were both the most recent FE main characters at the time of their inclusion.

Elma wouldn't be the most recent at all, while Rex would be from the most recent non remake game.
The comparison would be that the 3 most recent FE games all got added in order, Robin, then Corrin, then Byleth.

So if they did the same thing with XBC, it would go Shulk, then Elma, then Rex.

Will's original comparison doesn't make much sense unless XBCX were a remake of some 25 year old entry.

Has it ever occurred to people that the "rules" you speak of have never been identified as "rules" by the people who state them?
I appreciate the intent of your post, but this is simply false. People who have invoked fan rules have referred to them as rules before.

If by "Direct," you mean another 10-20 min showcase of third party projects then I could believe that.
I mean, Nintendo called the last one of those a Direct. So, it still applies.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Boss from Saints Row confirmed :4pacman:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
... Why was Kelios the one we chased off the internet again?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At this point it's hard to get too excited if someone says there's a direct XD But still, there's gotta be a long one at some point, right? :p

SharkLord

Smash Hero
... Why was Kelios the one we chased off the internet again?
Tiffany's playing it safe. Just saying what everyone else is saying in vague terms. She gets all the leaker clout, and none of the responsibilities. Due to the bandwagoning, I guess they'd just reinforce that something is happening at best, but that's a pretty long stretch. They'll just be sitting in the corner, getting their clout while never being able to be truly disproved, safe from the fandom's collective rage when the thing doesn't turn out the right way.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway, I was thinking about which cereal box mascots are represented in Smash already.

Frosted Flakes - :ultincineroar:
Cookie Crisps - :ultwolf:
Coco Puffs - :ultfalco:
Lucky Charms - :ulttoonlink:
Trix - :ultpikachu:
Rice Krispies - :ultyounglink:
Count Chocula - Dracula (Boss Fight)

Based on this pattern, I'm predicting our next fighter will either be Buck Bumble to represent Honey Nut Cheerios, or Toucannon to represent Froot Loops.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyway, I was thinking about which cereal box mascots are represented in Smash already.

Based on this pattern, I'm predicting our next fighter will either be Buck Bumble to represent Honey Nut Cheerios, or Toucannon to represent Froot Loops.
Crash for Honey Combs

MooMew64

Because he got people's hopes up for a general Direct only for those to be dashed.

Naturally, someone had to be to blame.
Just the more...aggressive Nintendo fans shooting the messenger, as usual.

Like, are people really surprised no insider wants to talk to us anymore? This fandom's heckin' messed up.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Peppy Hare barrel rolling on them Trix!

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

:ultbanjokazooie: Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp

D

Deleted member

I don't really get the point of leakers or insiders honestly.

I get we are starved for information, but these leaks have mostly either been wrong or just pointless, which leads to disappointment.

They seem more harmful than beneficial to the community.

Also, I don't get why leakers/insiders would want to even leak for, what do they gain?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Raisin Bran rep:

Captain Crunch rep:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I really wanna believe Nintendo ain't just gonna drop Animal Crossing and Paper Mario and then peace out, but the longer they stay silent, the more telling it is that that seems to be the current plan.

Can't fault 'em for it when the pandemic has messed everything up, but man, it really will suck if the last half of the year has nothing at all.
I know this virus is aaaffecting a lot but sony and microsoft are still showing a ton, not sure why nintendo is so afraid

MooMew64

We'll get blueberry flavored Gooigi to represent Boo Berry.

Pink Donkey Kong is Frankenberry

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like that people always forget about a dark horse character that might have more of a chance than Geno or Waluigi. It’s Toad because Toad has become part of the 4 main playable characters in mainline Mario games such as in New Super Mario Bros games on home consoles and also in Super Mario 3D world. You also have that Toad has gotten a spin-off via Captain Toad. I think the character would be a light and fast character with a bad recovery and jump. They could pull from different games for his moveset including the Captain Toad games. If they were to reveal him he would fit in as part of the 35th Mario Anniversary and would help promote the rumored Super Mario 3D World Deluxe. Alts would be different toad colors and a toadette and toadsworth alt.
Ok so I'm seeing this and while I may be biased against Toad, I'm pretty sure 'darkhorse' has lost it's meaning if Toad's considered one

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey anybody remember the Chex mascot? they made a game once, you could get it with the cereal, so maybe he can be in smash XD
Chex Quest is a Doom clone so Doom slayer could be a stand in. But the only good option for the entire fighter pass would be the Chex Warrior

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I know this virus is aaaffecting a lot but sony and microsoft are still showing a ton, not sure why nintendo is so afraid
If you ask me, Nintendo just really has a thing for being secretive, which works both as a merit and a detriment.

It's a merit because, when they pull out the big guns well, no doubt they hype reaches very high levels.

But it's also a detriment because of the little transparency they have with their consumers causing quite the disappointments when the news are average.

MooMew64

Different companies have been affected in different ways and varying degrees. Some have adapted pretty okay and are mostly back on track, and some have been like Nintendo where it has apparently been a real struggle. From what we can speculate based off of news articles we've received this year, a lot of it has to do with Nintendo's super old-school way of doing things clashing with the work at home environment. The transition to working at home seems to have been an extremely rough process for them, and the company seems to be having a rough go of adapting.

Basically, Nintendo has a lot of antiquated infrastructure and methods of doing things by today's standards, so when presented with a situation that requires them to work radically different than what they're used to, they weren't prepared for it.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I didn't watch the PlayStation 5 Showcase stream, but from what I understand, some of the major titles shown off aren't coming until 2021... but at least they bothered to show them, period.

All I ask of Nintendo is, if they've really got rumored stuff like the Mario 3D remasters, a Pikmin 3 Switch port, and a new 2D Metroid coming in the future, then announce them already. Yeah, they might have to be delayed because of the virus, but as Metroid Prime 4 demonstrated, you can delay things and people will be perfectly understandable about it as long as you're transparent about it. Just tell us what to expect for the remainder of 2020, regardless of any possible delays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom