• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If geno makes it in I want the content that comes with him to be general Mario RPG themed.
Like bringing in this song for example

I know Mario RPg's are a dead brand but still it would be cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My opinion on Geno's inclusion went from "Yeah, he would be cool" to "I need this to happen" after reading the TOK interview. This is the chance to show Nintendo how Mario RPG's original characters and storylines left an impact people still remember even to this day. They were not some inconvenience that distracted from the Mario universe - they were part of the reason what made those game so darn good.
I don't see how that's relevant.

That interview was about how new original characters related to pre-existing mainline Mario characters were no longer allowed to be created for the Paper Mario series. Geno is an original character with no relation to other Mario characters, just like, say, Olivia from The Origami King.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So was Nobuo Uematsu with Brawl's main theme. I'm sorry, I'd like to believe that as well, but it still doesn't say much.
thing is:
1. brawl didn't have any content from square enix franchises so there was no "2 songs" situation to be had
2. uematsu only did the brawl main theme and nothing else in terms of smash

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If geno makes it in I want the content that comes with him to be general Mario RPG themed.

If Geno's gonna come with music from other Mario RPG games, give me Paper Mario music... specifically from the first three games!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
honestly i'm kinda just......ok with geno

it feels like for everyone else he's either the greatest character in vidya or absolute satan, but to me he's just whatever

if he gets in, great! if he doesn't, well i won't be too sad, nor will i be celebrating his absence
These are my feelings as well

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think the hints that were left in the Geno thread are too vague for me to be fully on board with. Both users have a history of posting in the Geno thread, and we all know that it has at times been used as a general rumor/leak thread, especially recently with all the talk of an upcoming Direct, so for all we know they could just be hyping up the Direct itself. It's worth taking note of, but it's not as clear as the Ridley or Banjo hints on ResetEra.

I'd absolutely love it if Geno does make it in though, I always love those reveals where a big part of the community explodes in euphoria, in the moment it's like magic is in the air. He pretty much has to happen in this Pass as well, I'm not sure he'll ever have a better chance at getting in than now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From the looks of it, the Geno thread's going to take 2 different turns tomorrow. If he's in, he's in and everyone will finally get their dreams fulfilled and then move on to the next character they want. If he's not, Genomaniacs are gonna go through the 5 stages of grief until they eventually get over it and wait for the next Fighter Packs after. Personally, I can't get excited for Geno, so if he is revealed next, I'll just have to wait a couple more months until FP8 eventually gets revealed to see if it's anybody that at least interests me.

Though hey, with this Super Mario 35th Anniversary thing going around, maybe it's possible Super Mario RPG will get a rerelease, a remaster, or a remake on the Switch. I have no idea how possible that is, but I'm open to it happening.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Geno........ Man that would crazy. To me though and go throw me in the fires but he's one of the few characters who I just can't understand the appeal of.

I mean design wise, he's sort of interesting and to a casual audience who doesn't know him, he's appealing in that respect but I just don't get it.

So I'm just gonna be like with MooMew64 MooMew64 (and continuing the KyoAni gifs):

Yah, yah onto the next one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Can't wait for the jokes about how this is how they got around Square's stinginess.

kylexv

Smash Master
If this supposed direct happens tomorrow like all these insiders suggest it's going to be, it's going to be a nightmare to try and watch it spoiler free when I get home from work.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
May have been a false alarm if I'm reading this right:

Jesus people, why can't you just read what I said literally shortly after the message you all went crazy for? I already clarified what I was doing, I was just hyping people up because fp7 is close, that's all. This has nothing to do with the source/friend that I have lol, in fact that person isn't getting Smash info anymore, so it couldn't be them anyway. Like I said, thank Sabi for that.
View attachment 279221

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If this supposed direct happens tomorrow like all these insiders suggest it's going to be, it's going to be a nightmare to try and watch it spoiler free when I get home from work.
Having someone DM a link to ya could help with that. I'll send you a link to the video if something happens.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Opinions on Geno?

Indifferent

Don't care one way or another if he gets in or not. While I do prefer other characters, it's no skin off my back if he gets in, cool, good for his fans, if not? oh well.

zferolie

Smash Hero
May have been a false alarm if I'm reading this right:
Good luck with the Geno fans taking that well.

I think we will get some sort of smash news for sure, as E3 had to have a reveal trailer planned. As for who it is, we have no idea. Geno, Crash, Ryza, someone else, who knows.

lets just watch the video tommorow and see.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If Geno's gonna come with music from other Mario RPG games, give me Paper Mario music... specifically from the first three games!

I'm honestly surprised the original Paper Mario's battle music was never remixed in Smash in any way, that song is really, really good.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It seems I've missed the Yakuza talk. I'm sad.

the more i think about it the more Id be shocked if Axel DIDNT get in this pass

>recent revival
>comes from one of the most iconic beat em ups of all time
>soundtrack was revolutionary back then
>was one of SEGAS huge series before they fell over
>we dont have a beat em up rep yet
>nintendo and sega seem to be on good terms

I think Axel is the big "slept on 90s char" this pass like Terry was last pass. Like NO ONE expected Terry but he makes so much sense in hindsight. Axel feels about the same way honestly. Tho what sucks is if he does get in where not gonna hear the end of "hobo ken" jokes
I agree, while I don't think he's the most likely SEGA pick as for now, I could totally see him getting in. It would remind me of Terry, in the sense that few people expected him, being from a classic and influential franchise that had it's peak in the 90s, and more.

Oh boy, is it time to bring this samurai back into the Smash discussion.

Yes please. SMT music would be amazing. I mean, seriously, listen to this ferocious track:

Imagine this playing in Smash while smashing Kirby's face.

on one hand, yeah i pretty much agree with you

on the other hand, i say it's not complete until we get THIS
I still think that Garou was done a bit dirty with Terry's inclusion. Not a single song from the game, which is the latest Fatal Fury game as of today, no Garou costume for Terry... :(

At least we got his "Stand up" taunt, which is from Mark of the Wolves.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Something I thought about: if there is a CP7 reveal tomorrow, there's a somewhat good chance that it's a first party character - solely on the basis that the character simply hasn't leaked yet.

AFAIK, there seems to be a bigger chance for third party characters leaking than not, with the only completely unspoiled ones being :snake:, :4bayonetta: and :ultjoker:.

Now, there is also a chance we'll get one of these exceptions - Sega in particular seems to have a good track record, with 2 out of 3 picks remaining unspoiled. It could also be a third party company that isn't in Smash yet and is somehow better at handling information. Just some food for thought.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
If Geno does come with only 2 tracks from his own game, which hopefully doesn't happen, I don't think it'll be that much of a problem considering we already have a LOT of Mario tracks in the game to begin with. Though some more tracks from other Mario RPG titles would definitely be a nice solution.

But hey, all in all, I'm glad for the fact that a lot of people will be happy with his inclusion. It's definitely deserved I feel, granted he has been requested for a very VERY long time.

That is IF he gets in of course. Not really banking on anything yet, and I'd advise for everyone to go into the direct with an open mind and keep their expectations in check.

It seems I've missed the Yakuza talk. I'm sad.
This is our curse for being European, SNEK... :(

7NATOR

Smash Master
Something I thought about: if there is a CP7 reveal tomorrow, there's a somewhat good chance that it's a first party character - solely on the basis that the character simply hasn't leaked yet.

AFAIK, there seems to be a bigger chance for third party characters leaking than not, with the only completely unspoiled ones being :snake:, :4bayonetta: and :ultjoker:.

Now, there is also a chance we'll get one of these exceptions - Sega in particular seems to have a good track record, with 2 out of 3 picks remaining unspoiled. It could also be a third party company that isn't in Smash yet and is somehow better at handling information. Just some food for thought.
Sega, FP7...7 Chaos Emeralds... New Sonic Character?!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Forgetting how we all got completely blindsided by :4cloud:?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was predicting a fan favorite Mario character that first appeared in a spinoff to be DLC7. My most wanted is a spinoff character who's name starts with "G". I guess they decided to merge into one.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
pretty sure theres still the next hour

and honestly im not surprised at all that the nazyrus thing wasnt a hint

volbound1700

Smash Master
I may get trolled on this but I don't care.

I am really getting feed up with Nintendo and Sakurai team for lack of reveals and slow reveals in the character passes. We have gone through over 25% of the time and have only 1 character reveal. I can understand not having the actual characters released due to COVID-19 but we could at least get reveals and hints. The also constant rumors and frustration with the selections is painful too. I wish Nintendo would just drop the full list sometimes to stop all of the divisive speculation.

I also don't understand why Nintendo isn't trying to add popular characters. They did a good job during the base game of finally adding characters we wanted (Simon Belmont, Ridley, and King K Rool). However, the Fighter Passes have ignored this trend (minus perhaps Banjo-Kazooie and Hero). Where is Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, etc.?

Smash is a great game but quicker reviews and less secrecy would actually help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom