• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well, provided that our lack of leaks means that the characters in FP2 are unknown to insiders (which I doubt), it could point to a first party-based pass, which could decrease the amount of people in-the-know since the rights don't have to be obtained far in advance. Could also mean that some later characters aren't decided yet and are as of now just a Corrin-like "Character from a recent/upcoming game in 2021" slot. If FP2 runs until December 2021, I could see FP11 taking advantage of that and be from an unrevealed game or a game we don't know much about, like BoTW 2.
Which would make sense. even if not First Party Based, I could see most of the characters, if not all being from Companies already in Smash already. a Double Dip you could say

Though the guy also said that good amount of leakers left Smash, but they wouldn't have heard much from the FP1 days going into FP2 to speculate who the characters are?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Four? Like, the whole pass revealed one by one? That's ****ing silly.

Isn't it weird how everyone's been "But what if it wasn't actually Geno?" in here lately. Wonder if that means anything. :127:
Not to defend him or anything, but I think it was his hypothetical dream, because he thinks there will be bonus characters.

IMO as a Geno thread regular, THAT's the problem with Fatman. He puts all of his eggs in every single rumour he's heard and when one of them gets something close to correct, he uses it as proof that he has something. Even if he wasn't fully correct about it and he dismisses his incorrect ideas as just random speculation.

And often time his theories are so random that they realistically shouldn't be brought up at all by someone who wants to be seen as an insider/leaker. He should legitimately not bring up info like he thinks that both Geno and Waluigi are getting in and Waluigi will end up being a bonus fighter seperate from the fighters pass, because he's heard of Waluigi being a thing since 2018. Because while possible, currently its not really realistic and you should avoid bringing it up entirely.

Personally I think Fatman does get too much of a bad rep, and I do think he's not a bad person or anything. But I also believe that any info he claims to have he himself should take with a HUGE grain of salt, and he should also realize that spreading rumors with no potential hints of truth outside of his own "information" should be only done if he's positive that they're right and being revealed soon. So don't share info on things you think "might" be happening but rather things you "know" will be happening.

At least if he wants to be taken seriously as an insider and liked in places outside of the Geno thread.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, provided that our lack of leaks means that the characters in FP2 are unknown to insiders (which I doubt), it could point to a first party-based pass, which could decrease the amount of people in-the-know since the rights don't have to be obtained far in advance. Could also mean that some later characters aren't decided yet and are as of now just a Corrin-like "Character from a recent/upcoming game in 2021" slot. If FP2 runs until December 2021, I could see FP11 taking advantage of that and be from an unrevealed game or a game we don't know much about, like BoTW 2.
Ah yes.

My favourite first party Nintendo character.

Joker from Persona 5

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
going off the idea that theyre double dipping into companies already involved w smash that implies we could get another character from
>Nintendo
>Namco
>Capcom
>Sega
>SNK
>Microsoft
>Atlus
>Square Enix

If we're going off that then realistically that does cut down a lot of possible characters and makes this easier to work with

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ah yes.

My favourite first party Nintendo character.

Joker from Persona 5
Ah, yes, my favorite newcomer from Fighter Pass 2

Joker from Persona 5

EDIT: Right, I know what you mean now and yes Joker didn’t get leaked, but it’s not a black-white thing. Third parties don’t always get leaked and First Parties aren’t always kept hidden but it affects probabilities.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
going off the idea that theyre double dipping into companies already involved w smash that implies we could get another character from
>Nintendo
>Namco
>Capcom
>Sega
>SNK
>Microsoft
>Atlus
>Square Enix

If we're going off that then realistically that does cut down a lot of possible characters and makes this easier to work with
I have a hard time seeing SNK get, well, anything more, considering Terry pretty much brought all of SNK with him. Hyperbolic I know, but it's hard to deny just how much stuff Terry brought with him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have a hard time seeing SNK get, well, anything more, considering Terry pretty much brought all of SNK with him. Hyperbolic I know, but it's hard to deny just how much stuff Terry brought with him.
Ok but Sakurai saw how touch starved people are because of the pandemic and decided my beefy toku wife Leona needed to be in Smash too

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
In my opinion going off that list. I dont think Atlus, SNK or microsoft is getting another character. Just a gut feeling with those three. Banjo feels like a special case anyways.

So for the remaining ones

Nintendo: Honestly anyone they want but being realistic Im gonna say its a new pokemon rep or something. If Im being real after Min min Im not sure what series theyd even pull from for main big sellers. I could see the argument for Akira I guess.
Capcom: Phoenix Wright, Amateratsu, and Cody are about the only characters I can think of. Phoenix Wright and Amateratsu is p obvious as to why, Cody is mostly cause smash doesnt have a beat em up rep and hes one of the few that comes from an important beat em up. Still I think Phoenix Wright and Amateratsu are the most likely choices here
Namco: I think after the Tekken mii costume I dont think tekken is in. So that leaves Nightmare honestly as the big man running the front of who might make it.
SEGA: Im gonna just go ahead and say Axel again for the same reasons I posted a while back. Other than him I dont think theres anyone that Id put in the front runnings. I can see the argument for Kiryu or Sakura but I still think Axel has a far better chance. If we get another SEGA char im like 99% sure its gonna be Axel
Square Enix: I hate to admit but Geno i guess lmao.
Bethesda: Doomguy. Other than him I dont think anyone else would realistically have a shot at being DLC.
Tecmo: Hayabusa

this is of course going off of the idea that the new pass is just from companies already involved with smash.
So from this list I will say that a Pokemon rep, Akira, Phoenix Wright, Amateratsu, Cody, Axel, Nightmare, Geno, Doomguy, Kiryu, Sakura, and Hayabusa are the characters to place your bets on assuming this "theory" has any ground

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
on one hand, yeah i pretty much agree with you

on the other hand, i say it's not complete until we get THIS

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
>Nintendo
>Namco
>Capcom
>Sega
>SNK
>Microsoft
>Atlus
>Square Enix

Shouldn't this also include companies with content in the game other than playable characters?
Ubisoft, Bethesda, Koei-Tecmo, etc.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I just get a little emotional sometimes. I still don’t think DMC is anime, but others do and that’s okay. Smash fans just get me heated so I think I should get off the website LOL

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If it actually is Geno, I have a hard time believing he won't bring a Mallow hat with him, and if it doesn't come with the Cacodemon hat, though I think it will, people will be analyzing the hat and the leak for days.
Geno will come with Dovahkiin, Doomguy, and Quake Ranger Mii costumes instead. Cacomallow is confused, it hurt itself in its confusion.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It’s scary that people are acting this crazy when there’s not even a Direct officially announced yet.

Also, I hope Geno actually gets in JUST so we can stop talking about if he gets in or not.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Eh, not too crazy on Geno, but at least this means 3rd parties are back on the table

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh, not too crazy on Geno, but at least this means 3rd parties are back on the table
I mean, was there any doubt third party wouldn't be back for the second pass?

I don't follow this thread much, so I wouldn't know.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Alright so from what I have read, Geno is apparently going to be revealed in tomorrow's apparent direct?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
People think that starting with Min Min is a sign of things to come.
By that logic, we should have got only 3rd party character in pass 1.

Imo, The first character shouldn't be use to determine the rest of the pass.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
were they ever not?
Well I mean, the way people threw out first parties as a possibility in FP1 after 2 third parties. Makes sense that people would do the reverse should the next character be first party. Which, they shouldn’t, I expect both first and third parties this pass, but maybe a more equal pass this time around. Something like a 3-3 or 4-2 split.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it's actually Geno, at least the endless Geno debate can finally come to an end.

Then we can have more time to talk about Gen 8 Pokemon and Fire Emblem :smirk:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the worst thing about a Geno reveal (aside from Geno himself) would be people taking it as a sign of SE characters being disconfirmed for the second pass.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
honestly i'm kinda just......ok with geno

it feels like for everyone else he's either the greatest character in vidya or absolute satan, but to me he's just whatever

if he gets in, great! if he doesn't, well i won't be too sad, nor will i be celebrating his absence

SKX31

Smash Master
he's a possessed action figure
Geno: "Why am I alive? Why would I want to be dead? Being alive is fun! All my friends are here! Besides, I tried being dead...

UNPLEASANT, IT WOZ!

Almost as unpleasant as the ghost of Smithy. Look at him. Do you see his dumb little ghost-face? He's like a skullghost, a skost!"

Seriously, neutral on Geno. Could be a very interesting character from a moveset perspective, but didn't grow up with the character nor did SMRPG leave a huge impression. Perhaps it's because TYD sticks out more in my mind, perhaps it's because SMRPG didn't see a European release for the longest time. Probably both.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
honestly i'm kinda just......ok with geno

it feels like for everyone else he's either the greatest character in vidya or absolute satan, but to me he's just whatever

if he gets in, great! if he doesn't, well i won't be too sad, nor will i be celebrating his absence
Geno is as "meh" as they come for me: Kinda decent design, kinda bland personality.

But his fanbase makes it so hard for me to just be happy for his fans. Doesn't help that his game already have most of his playable cast in Smash so the new content he can bring doesn't really excite me.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
If the next character really is Geno, then all that'll evoke from me is a deep and heartfelt "meh", before I go on to wonder who the next character is gonna be.

7NATOR

Smash Master
People think that starting with Min Min is a sign of things to come.
IT could be a signs of things to come

But that doesn't mean that Sign means more Nintendo Characters. Personally I think her inclusion being first could signify more Previous NPC characters being in this Fighter Pass. I guess we could get another Nintendo character, But I'm at most expecting only 2 in total

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’m pretty neutral on Geno myself. But considering how one of my friends is a fan and has been for quite some time, I’d welcome Geno just to hear/see my friend’s reaction.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If we get another Microsoft character, it probably will be Master Chief, for a few reasons...

1). A promotional tie in with Halo: Infinite and (if the leaks are true) MCC on the Switch

2). Expand the Xbox brand in Japan, it's no secret, Japan hasn't been hospitable to the brand. While true, Minecaft is owned by Microsoft as well, Steve isn't the poster boy for the Xbox division the way John is

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda neutral on Geno. I always enjoyed SMRPG 7 Stars, it would be cool for his fans & he is a cool looking character. But on another hand I'd love to see other Square properties represented first; Chrono, 2B, FF6 or FF4 rep, even Sephiroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom