• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I won't immediately discard this leak on the grounds that there is a possibility and for once, somehow Sabi's ex-gang found an actual ****ing source. But man, this type of leaking is just ****ing abysmal man. It's just not fun, it's stress-inducing if anything.
Considering that his "ex-gang" are the one with info. You can't get better than the source itself.
It's just a question of if we want or not to share it with how the community react.
Just look. You're saying it's stress-inducing.
It's a character in a freaking video game dude.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like that, the people who were in there be known as anything else but "sabi's circle". With how that person ruined lives, it's annoying and actually pretty unerving.
But to answer the best I can, I heard about the "SE rep" in august and knew that like 99% of the leaks were fakes as at the end of july I heard about the full roster, like some people in this very same website.I knew that Sora, Geno and anyone beside Hero and I say "Hero" not Erdrick and anyone would be in the game with DQ 11/3 and 8 alts, didn't know about 4.
We knew about Banjo before Shinobi himself posted the hint. Sabi was just a ***** who needed someone to leech off information and didn't believed us fully when we got the info.
We knew about Terry before too, jokingly with a "hint pictures" of the ****ing chick terry from Fatal cuties.
Internally we knew that the last character of FP was a first party after the joke of the "series deconfirmation".
We hear lots of game and nintendo rumour but we don't give a **** or don't share.

And honestly, "we" stopped caring about leaks after what sabi did and pulled off, ruinning lots of people's life.
I guess this time, some of "us" just couldn't hold their excitement I guess since we heard some big ****, who don't obligatory relate to Geno.

There a difference with people who know stuff, and leechers like sabi who try to pass as almighties.
I'm serious, most """leakers""" or insiders don't want to touch smash again for a good reasons. Either what happened with Sabi and Nintendo, with him doxxing and ruinning people's carrer and life destroyed them. Or we hate how the community act or react after hearing what they don't like, or what go and follow their script. That's all.
Well, I'm sorry I referred to the group as "Sabi's circle." Perhaps that was clumsy of me.

Still, do you know those two users?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess this time, some of "us" just couldn't hold their excitement I guess since we heard some big ****, who don't obligatory relate to Geno.
So you're saying Geno.

Considering that his "ex-gang" are the one with info. You can't get better than the source itself.
It's just a question of if we want or not to share it with how the community react.
So you're saying Geno.

Just look. You're saying it's stress-inducing.
A character in a freaking video game dude.
1595147749093.png
I didn't mean stress like I'm pulling my hair out lmao. I don't care who it ends up being, the message itself being so vague just feels like a cheeky move. By making it vague and not 100% clear, you got people like me being skeptical as ****. Though I suppose you don't care what I think about it in the long run lmao. I don't even know what type of ethics leakers even have.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So you're saying Geno.
Jokingly enough, I think what killed the interest of 90% of the leakers about smash wasn't really that.
But the absolute toxic environnent that the grinch leak was with how blind people were to it, believing it like the next messiah because it had their characters in it...

Yeah, I mean because of Geno.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jokingly enough, I think what killed the interest of 90% of the leakers about smash wasn't really that.
But the absolute toxic environnent that the grinch leak was with how blind people were to it, believing it like the next messiah because it had their characters in it...
I won't lie, I liked Grinch leak for the Mach Rider pick. Knew that **** was fake from a mile away though.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

Yeah, I mean because of Geno.
I won't lie, I liked Grinch leak for the Mach Rider pick. Knew that **** was fake from a mile away though.
And that aint factoring in that we had the collectors edition box leak, which was only had enough room for only two more spots on the side and many people refusing to believe would only get 2 more characters despite Sakurai saying we wouldn't get many new comers, we had idiots that flat out refuse to believe the game's director and called a liar.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And that aint factoring in that we had the collectors edition box leak, which was only had enough room for only two more spots on the side and many people refusing to believe would only get 2 more characters despite Sakurai saying we wouldn't get many new comers, we had idiots that flat out refuse to believe the game's director and called a liar.
something something "but its called ultimate" something something

Ironically, we have more newcomers than the Grinch leak at this point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it be Geno, it be Geno. If it ain't, well it could be anyone else, I guess. We'll see how it ends up being soon, I guess.

Shroob

Sup?
If it be Geno, it be Geno. If it ain't, well it could be anyone else, I guess. We'll see how it ends up being soon, I guess.
Either an announcement in 5~ hours from now, or a shadow drop on Monday

Synchronize your death watches, for we soon dine in hell.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Had"

Lol, we still have people who go "BUT SAKURAI'S A TROLL" whenever reality doesn't meet with their expectations.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Synchronize your death watches, for we soon dine in hell.
The Direct is a heaping mountain of salt and I am but a delicate little slug.

I'm low-key expecting an upset. I'm not sure why. Just a hunch.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
"Had"

Lol, we still have people who go "BUT SAKURAI'S A TROLL" whenever reality doesn't meet with their expectations.
The Snake thread learned that lesson the hard way in SSB4 lol. But then again we also rejected Kojima’s statements because he is a known troll, way more so than Sakurai. Kinda hard to take him at his word because it could’ve been a just another trick of his. Ah well, good times I guess.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Alot of people compaing about the pro-grinch people being toxic, but TBH I recall people against not exactly being innocent either or being hostile too.

Quite frankly the whole thing could get very unsavory but didn't really mind the Grinch leak discussions when both sides weren't going ape**** at eachother.

Shroob

Sup?
Alot of people compaing about the pro-grinch people being toxic, but TBH I recall people against not exactly being innocent either or being hostile too.

Quite frankly the whole thing could get very unsavory but didn't really mind the Grinch leak discussions when both sides weren't going ape**** at eachother.
Considering that like, 88% of the fanbase on this site were pro-leak according to the polls, and a lot of time speaking out against it, you were labeled things like "Box Cuck" or "Virgin-Bin", tbfh, it's kinda obvious why pro-Box were hostile... Especially those who knew it was fake all along, but no one would listen.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Snake thread learned that lesson the hard way in SSB4 lol. But then again we also rejected Kojima’s statements because he is a known troll, way more so than Sakurai. Kinda hard to take him at his word because it could’ve been a just another trick of his. Ah well, good times I guess.
People seem to think troll=liar.

It isn't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So what just happened?

Is Geno just in now or should all of this still be taken with a huge grain of salt?
Some people are teasing it while Fatman's full on saying we'll get Geno and Chief with other characters getting confirmed in their trailers. You know, as if "Guys my source mixed up a western indie game for a Koei Tecmo Ninja Gaiden revival" wasn't laughable enough

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Correct if I’not wrong, supposedly (with always huge grain of salt) as said by “insiders”, next fighter is a big requested third party? Probably Geno?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Some people are teasing it while Fatman's full on saying we'll get Geno and Chief with other characters getting confirmed in their trailers. You know, as if "Guys my source mixed up a western indie game for a Koei Tecmo Ninja Gaiden revival" wasn't laughable enough
Being fair, most of the thread has been calling Fatman crazy on that. I still don't understand why he keeps shooting for the moon every time something comes around, it's not even a source thing according to him, just his own speculation and it's like, how many times does this need to blow up in your face before you take a step back?

Shroob

Sup?
Room must smell awful considering no one is moving the corpse so can it finally rest in piece.
If it actually is Geno, I have a hard time believing he won't bring a Mallow hat with him, and if it doesn't come with the Cacodemon hat, though I think it will, people will be analyzing the hat and the leak for days.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Everyone gangsta til this breaks open Cacomallow like a corpse sitting in a morgue for months.
Well at least the Doom Thread will get more active again. Marty’s interview pretty much slowed down activity.

Ha, if that happens that’d be weird because everyone was pairing Geno and Doomguy together and then it winds up being Geno and Master Chief. Both pairings would be cool, but after the Cacomallow stuff that Chief pairing would be pretty bittersweet, primarily because no Doomguy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The **** is that about? Haven't heard that one at all.
He said it on discord, suggesting at least 4 characters getting announced at the direct when we'd have had Min Min there
If it actually is Geno, I have a hard time believing he won't bring a Mallow hat with him, and if it doesn't come with the Cacodemon hat, though I think it will, people will be analyzing the hat and the leak for days.
Then it doesn't add up 1 to 1 and they conclude the model must have changed despite claiming it had to be 1 to 1 to modders

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well at least the Doom Thread will get more active again. Marty’s interview pretty much slowed down activity.

Ha, if that happens that’d be weird because everyone was pairing Geno and Doomguy together and then it winds up being Geno and Master Chief. Both pairings would be cool, but after the Cacomallow stuff that Chief pairing would be pretty bittersweet, primarily because no Doomguy.
What if people just confused Chief for Doomguy and Cacomallow is real?

I can't even type that without shaking my head.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He said it on discord, suggesting at least 4 characters getting announced at the direct when we'd have had Min Min there
Four? Like, the whole pass revealed one by one? That's ****ing silly.

What if people just confused Chief for Doomguy and Cacomallow is real?

I can't even type that without shaking my head.
Isn't it weird how everyone's been "But what if it wasn't actually Geno?" in here lately. Wonder if that means anything. :127:

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Then it doesn't add up 1 to 1 and they conclude the model must have changed despite claiming it had to be 1 to 1 to modders
Eh I doubt it. At that point Geno is in so the Geno fanbase doesn’t need to defend Cacomallow anymore. The Doomguy fanbase doesn’t really push the leak that much, since we all lowered our expectations after Marty’s interview. At least most of us. The leak would finally be dead and maybe the guy who made it can reveal himself.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Its like he forgot the pass is being release over the course of two years and we're only 6 months in, we would lucky to get one reveal on Monday, let alone ****ing 4.

Eh I doubt it. At that point Geno is in so the Geno fanbase doesn’t need to defend Cacomallow anymore. The Doomguy fanbase doesn’t really push the leak that much, since we all lowered our expectations after Marty’s interview. At least most of us. The leak would finally be dead and maybe the guy who made it can reveal himself.
It would be nice if he did that and showed us how we made it as would help advance in the modding scene with what they can do, by knowing how that was made exactly.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The line between Fatman's sources and what he adds for his own speculation's sake is hard to find, but in scenarios where he predicts a four-man reveal, absolutely neccesary to keep in mind,

For all we know, he heard Geno, something about Microsoft/Chief and he has his own theory about reveals that aren't as solid as what he heard about the Direct

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I saw there was a post from Smash former leakers. One of them said they knew the whole roster pretty early on up until FP1

Could the same thing be said for FP2, you guys think? if it isn't the same here, what do you think that could imply?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
If I remember right the whole 4 thing was just something he brainstormed on a whim because he's seemed really stuck on this idea of bonus characters for whatever reason, he doesn't actually seem to really be expecting more than two at most.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I saw there was a post from Smash former leakers. One of them said they knew the whole roster pretty early on up until FP1

Could the same thing be said for FP2, you guys think? if it isn't the same here, what do you think that could imply?
The whole roster was leaked pretty much right when the game was shown off at E3, or roughly a little after.

For DLC, it's a different beast entirely.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The whole roster was leaked pretty much right when the game was shown off at E3, or roughly a little after.

For DLC, it's a different beast entirely.
I know Base roster was leaked really early. But one of those former leaker guys implied the FP1 DLC Characters leaked pretty early too, like at least before we got Hero and Banjo

Is it the same thing with FP2, and if it isn't, why that could be?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Well, provided that our lack of leaks means that the characters in FP2 are unknown to insiders (which I doubt), it could point to a first party-based pass, which could decrease the amount of people in-the-know since the rights don't have to be obtained far in advance. Could also mean that some later characters aren't decided yet and are as of now just a Corrin-like "Character from a recent/upcoming game in 2021" slot. If FP2 runs until December 2021, I could see FP11 taking advantage of that and be from an unrevealed game or a game we don't know much about, like BoTW 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom