• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Alright, this is the enlightened Sakura Wars rep:

1595137435270.png

I ask you, how can you go wrong with a Cowgirl-Samurai?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honestly Kiryu pops up more because he makes sense with the focus Sega has been putting on the series, but for me personally it's a combination of playing more Kiwami and realizing how much I like him as a character, plus wanting a heavy hitting brawler with Heihachi out of the picture, that's made him shoot up my list. Arle is just underneath him since I also love Puyo Puyo.

I like the Sega and Capcom comparison. I think both fans of those companies have a lot of overlap with series' and neither company is definitely totally gonna be in, so it's easy to look at a wide range of selections from those companies and be excited.

Sega is also a cool case because it feels that a second Sonic character like Tails or Eggman, Arle, Kiryu, a Streets of Rage rep, a classic character like the Bonanza Bros, a crazy pick like Hornet, Ulala, AiAi, a Shining character, Sakura Shinguji, a Phantasy Star or Phantasy Star Online character, etc etc, could all make a big splash and be exciting in Smash and bring something unique to the game, so it's hard to pick a single favorite when it comes to who we want to see.

That said Kiryu Monday who's with me

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Use Nugget to glide OoT style
I want Kiryu's normal moves to cram every bit of epic, brutal fisticuffs into them with a style-switching mechanic, only for his specials to be the dumbest thing know to Smash. Your opponent automatically loses due to the sheer mount of dissonance giving them

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Alright, this is the enlightened Sakura Wars rep:

View attachment 279160

I ask you, how can you go wrong with a Cowgirl-Samurai?
The funny part of this is that it makes sense.

Out of the female leads in Sakura wars she has the most playable appearances outside of Japan.

Showing up in her debut game, Sakura wars 5 so long my love, the first localized game in the series, as well as a party member in the 2 project x zone games, even being a major player during the final battle of PXZ2.

so odds are that western Sakura wars fans would have a bigger attachment to her than anyone else.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We already have 2 Shin Megami tensei games in smash, P5 and Tokyo mirage sessions. You silly goose
Yu Cringe.jpg

Do you really want to start a war with the SMT fans here?

Like, I'm sure you're just ignorant here and that's okay, but uh...SMT fans don't take too kindly to Persona, and I'd venture to guess TMS#FE too.

I wouldn't remotely consider them similar, and that's coming from a resident Persona fan.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
View attachment 279161

Do you really want to start a war with the SMT fans here?

Like, I'm sure you're just ignorant here and that's okay, but uh...SMT fans don't take too kindly to Persona, and I'd venture to guess TMS#FE too.

I wouldn't remotely consider them similar, and that's coming from a resident Persona fan.
They were clearly just playing around. ;p

I'm sure there's plenty of SMT fans who like persona. I liked quite a few of them including persona. Not to say im a true smt fan or anything. And I did play the mmo quite a bit before it got offline :p

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
They were clearly just playing around. ;p

I'm sure there's plenty of SMT fans who like persona. I liked quite a few of them including persona. Not to say im a true smt fan or anything. And I did play the mmo quite a bit before it got offline :p
Agreed, a true SMT fan would only ever play Nocturne and then spend rest of his days complaining about every other ATLUS game in existence.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
The funny part of this is that it makes sense.

Out of the female leads in Sakura wars she has the most playable appearances outside of Japan.

Showing up in her debut game, Sakura wars 5 so long my love, the first localized game in the series, as well as a party member in the 2 project x zone games, even being a major player during the final battle of PXZ2.

so odds are that western Sakura wars fans would have a bigger attachment to her than anyone else.
I mean, Project X Zone is how I learned about Sakura Wars, and many other series. It's got the same kind of power as Smash, where you mash a bunch of series together so you learn about games you've never heard of before.

Those games are silly fun, even if they don't make a lick of sense. I hope they make a new one for Switch.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Pardon my absence recently. Been a bit under the weather.
But that aside, I feel compelled to put my chips on table now.
I have nothing but a gut feeling to go on, but this GameStop Geno "leak" feels true to me. It's the perfect slip-up, and the damage control seems so suspicious.
Note that I've been wrong SEVERAL times before. Most notably with Min Min, but I also thought that FP5 was bound to be a non-Nintendo character, yet it was Byleth.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

Persona is not Shin Megami Tensei.

Persona is Megami Tensei (MegaTen).

"Shin Megami Tensei" is "Mainline".

Megami Tensei is all games with Shin Megami Tensei mechanics including spin-offs.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I mean, Project X Zone is how I learned about Sakura Wars, and many other series. It's got the same kind of power as Smash, where you mash a bunch of series together so you learn about games you've never heard of before.

Those games are silly fun, even if they don't make a lick of sense. I hope they make a new one for Switch.
I like to pretend that in some cases PXZ is canon to their home series because it makes said series more interesting.

It surprisingly fits snugly in Sakura wars's timeline since it takes place in the tiny gap of time between Sakura wars 5 and the timeskip that leads into Sakura wars 6.

Adding on to Gemini I find it interesting how 4 out of her 5 overall playable appearances are on Nintendo platforms (Wii, DS, 3DS) so she definitely has more of a Nintendo connection than anyone else in her home series.

Bruh did I just make a compelling argument for an underdog protagonist for smash?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pardon my absence recently. Been a bit under the weather.
But that aside, I feel compelled to put my chips on table now.
I have nothing but a gut feeling to go on, but this GameStop Geno "leak" feels true to me. It's the perfect slip-up, and the damage control seems so suspicious.
Note that I've been wrong SEVERAL times before. Most notably with Min Min, but I also thought that FP5 was bound to be a non-Nintendo character, yet it was Byleth.
So you really believe that Pamela Horton recorded the line, the editors for that video edited the line into the video, and whoever runs the YouTube channel uploaded the video, and at no point in this chain of events did anyone catch the "slip-up"?

The amount of complete ignorance that all this would require is beyond anything I could believe to be feasible.

Shroob

Sup?
So you really believe that Pamela Horton recorded the line, the editors for that video edited the line into the video, and whoever runs the YouTube channel uploaded the video, and at no point in this chain of events did anyone catch the "slip-up"?

The amount of complete ignorance that all this would require is beyond anything I could believe to be feasible.
Not only to add to this that why the hell would they have this information in June, or earlier?

People on ResetEra only got **** for Min Min a day/hours before she dropped, why would they have Geno info over a MONTH in advance? That would mean there would have had to be a Direct planned, all the press **** shipped out, and then ****canned last minute.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
I like to pretend that in some cases PXZ is canon to their home series because it makes said series more interesting.

It surprisingly fits snugly in Sakura wars's timeline since it takes place in the tiny gap of time between Sakura wars 5 and the timeskip that leads into Sakura wars 6.

Adding on to Gemini I find it interesting how 4 out of her 5 overall playable appearances are on Nintendo platforms (Wii, DS, 3DS) so she definitely has more of a Nintendo connection than anyone else in her home series.

Bruh did I just make a compelling argument for an underdog protagonist for smash?
Hey, I'm not complaining if I rustle up a few more Gemini supporters!

---

There are some really odd happenings if you take PxZ 1+2 as cannon (plus their predecessor, Namco x Capcom). Some are pretty snug, e.g. KOS-MOS and T-elos are post XS3 iirc, so no major conflict there, though idk how that impacts XB2. Others can kinda work, but are sort of strange: Alisa Omela (who'd be another good smash pic that's never gonna happen) seems to be pulled after the end of GE1 in PXZ1, but in PXZ2 is from GE2 and remembers the events from the first game, so all throughout GE2 she's thinking about crazy multiverse adventures. And then you have some that are completely ridiculous, like Fiora getting pulled right before the final battle to join in on the shenanigans. I'm sure there are plenty more examples, but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That gamestop thing is fake. However it could be a happy coincidence if Geno get announced this Monday.
Though, honestly, I'm more excited for something else beside Smash and Mario news in this direct. :bobomb:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That gamestop thing is fake. However it could be a happy coincidence if Geno get announced this Monday.
Though, honestly, I'm more excited for something else beside Smash and Mario news in this direct. :bobomb:
It's been a whole ****ing year since NMH3 content I just wanna know when it comes out man.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
It's been a whole ****ing year since NMH3 content I just wanna know when it comes out man.
Only a year?

Only 'a' year?

Must be nice. Us SMT fans have been over here 3 years and counting.
*Laugh in FFVIIR fans who waiter 5+ years just for one part of their games*
I'm not even a Pikmin fan, but how long has it been since Pikmin 4 was "almost done?"

Shroob

Sup?
Valve fans: Wait, you guys get new games?
Valve, "What? You guys don't like Artifact? You don't want a card game in an over-inflated market? It's got the DOTA brand on it, you gotta like it, EVERYONE loves DOTA, right?! RIGHT?!"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

---

There are some really odd happenings if you take PxZ 1+2 as cannon (plus their p, Namco x Capcom). Some are pretty snug, e.g. KOS-MOS and T-elos are post XS3 iirc, so no major conflict there, though idk how that impacts XB2. Others can kinda work, but are sort of strange: Alisa Omela (who'd be another good smash pic that's never gonna happen) seems to be pulled after the end of GE1 in PXZ1, but in PXZ2 is from GE2 and remembers the events from the first game, so all throughout GE2 she's thinking about crazy multiverse adventures. And then you have some that are completely ridiculous, like Fiora getting pulled right before the final battle to join in on the shenanigans. I'm sure there are plenty more examples, but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
And in some cases like in Valkiria chronicles where the timeline in that series is vague enough due to everything being told via flashback that the events of PXZ1 could plausibly just be a misadventure that was was never. Written down after the ragnite war because who would believe them?

And in the case of Tales of vesperia where Yuri and the gang clearly refer to the events of the game as being something that happened in their past so it clearly just takes place after Tales of vesperia.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Only a year?

Only 'a' year?

Must be nice. Us SMT fans have been over here 3 years and counting.
Sorry bro but we not the same. Suda51 just built different.

It's also been nine years since a traditional NMH game anyway, so if we're going to keep inflating who has the most time-consuming pain :nifty:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

This is GameStop. The company that ripped cellphone wrap off of copies of Xenoblade Chronicles so they could sell it "used" for 90 dollars instead of 60.
Also, there is precedence, as GameStop leaked Janemba for Dragon Ball Fighterz.

To be clear, I don't believe the leak per se, I just have a sneaking suspicion about this one. It "feels" plausible, but so did the Grinch Leak, which turned out to be bull****.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

---

There are some really odd happenings if you take PxZ 1+2 as cannon (plus their predecessor, Namco x Capcom). Some are pretty snug, e.g. KOS-MOS and T-elos are post XS3 iirc, so no major conflict there, though idk how that impacts XB2. Others can kinda work, but are sort of strange: Alisa Omela (who'd be another good smash pic that's never gonna happen) seems to be pulled after the end of GE1 in PXZ1, but in PXZ2 is from GE2 and remembers the events from the first game, so all throughout GE2 she's thinking about crazy multiverse adventures. And then you have some that are completely ridiculous, like Fiora getting pulled right before the final battle to join in on the shenanigans. I'm sure there are plenty more examples, but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Another example is Resident Evil in which Chris and Jill are from RE Revelations and Leon is from RE 6. RE Revelations takes place in 2005 while RE 6 takes in 2012. This is why Leon is suspicious of a younger Chris and Jill in PxZ when he first encounter them. I guess the major conflict is the seven years gap in which Leon could of warn his teammate on what happen to them in the future.

Here is a timeline of Resident Evil, though it didn't mention the event of PxZ:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
*Laugh in FFVIIR fans who waited 5+ years just for one part of their games*
*Laughs in Super Mario fandom*
You guys WAIT for your games? I don't even need announcements to know that mine are coming!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
All I'm saying is, I got a certain thread on mute in case Monday comes to pass and either outcome occurs. Either way, they won't be good boys and girls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom