• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
All I'm saying is, I got a certain threat on mute in case Monday comes to pass and either outcome occurs. Either way, they won't be good boys and girls.
Who could possibly be that nuclear on Monday?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is, I got a certain thread on mute in case Monday comes to pass and either outcome occurs. Either way, they won't be good boys and girls.
Considering how people here constantly talk about that "threat" (nice freudian slip, by the way) as if they're the Manson Family 2.0 waiting to happen, I don't blame them for not being good boys and girls.

Shroob

Sup?
Considering how people here constantly talk about that "threat" (nice freudian slip, by the way) as if they're the Manson Family 2.0 waiting to happen, I don't blame them for not being good boys and girls.
I just hope they get Geno so they finally chill out like all the hyper-obsessive fanbases of the past. :foe!:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I love the Geno thread. I say one nice thing and get 15 likes.
I'll admit it IS a bit of a circlejerk, but it's a character thread, what can you expect. Acting like the Geno thread is going to blow a gasket if he isn't shown on Monday though is pretty... condescending, to say the least.

Shroob

Sup?
I'll admit it IS a bit of a circlejerk, but it's a character thread, what can you expect. Acting like the Geno thread is going to blow a gasket if he isn't shown on Monday though is pretty... condescending, to say the least.
Weren't people in there getting pissed off at others telling them to hype responsibly less than a week ago?

I get being excited, I do, especially since Geno has a legit good shot, but even if you're excited, hype responsibly is just good manners. When I see comments like "Don't care" or people dead set on the Gamespot leak being 100% right, both which are undeniably there, there's reason to be alarmed.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, that's the common reaction for large threads that end up having to get locked somewhat regularly

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Weren't people in there getting pissed off at others telling them to hype responsibly less than a week ago?

I get being excited, I do, especially since Geno has a legit good shot, but even if you're excited, hype responsibly is just good manners. When I see comments like "Don't care" or people dead set on the Gamespot leak being 100% right, both which are undeniably there, there's reason to be alarmed.
A couple of people reacting poorly to something == THEY ALL ARE RABID ANIMALS

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
The Gamespot leak did say people went wild. :mybodyisreggie:
I was just joking around with the hyperbole, but I couldn't argue people's reactions to Gamespot. I can't say I was above it either...mostly...lol

Also, my Rabid quote may come back and bite me monday lol

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I was just joking around with the hyperbole, but I couldn't argue people's reactions to Gamespot. I can't say I was above it either...mostly...lol
Ah, no. I was making a comparison joke.

You said "Rabid animals"

I said "Wild"

Just like the Gamespot leak saying fans reacted wild, or the thread acting like rabid animals, neither have ha---

You know, when you have to explain a joke, it's not as funny anymore.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

I'm not going to act like people in the thread don't act like complete idiots sometimes but what are you even expecting? That an army of angry Geno supporters are going to come in here if he is or isn't announced on Monday? Seriously, I'll admit the thread is a little on edge at the moment (ok, at the moment it's really on edge because of some stuff that just happened but that's not the point) but come on.

I mean, that's the common reaction for large threads that end up having to get locked somewhat regularly
Locked because of clearly outside stuff seeping in that only really involved a few specific users? Seriously, when was the last time that even happened, December?

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Ah, no. I was making a comparison joke.

You said "Rabid animals"

I said "Wild"

Just like the Gamespot leak saying fans reacted wild, or the thread acting like rabid animals, neither have ha---

You know, when you have to explain a joke, it's not as funny anymore.
Dang, I need to go to bed

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not going to act like people in the thread don't act like complete idiots sometimes but what are you even expecting? That an army of angry Geno supporters are going to come in here if he is or isn't announced on Monday? Seriously, I'll admit the thread is a little on edge at the moment (ok, at the moment it's really on edge because of some stuff that just happened but that's not the point) but come on.

Locked because of clearly outside stuff seeping in that only really involved a few specific users? Seriously, when was the last time that even happened, December?
As someone who's been rather against the Gamespot leak and have seen some rather unsavory individuals? I'm expecting a few "Haha you were wrong" replies/PMs on Monday if Geno gets in.

I've posted in the thread a few times, and like, 95% of people in there are lovely folk, but it's like anything in life, you're more likely to remember the bad things if they stand head over heels above the good, ya know? You go to a restaurant 99 times, and on the 100th visit, there's a fly in your soup, you're gonna remember the fly, even if the last 99 visits were great.

It's not fair, I agree, but the bad stick out hard compared to the good, and it's usually because the bad are the more LOUD and VOCAL part of any community, not just that thread in general, it applies to all fanbases and fandoms.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****'s going on in Geno thread, someone just pulled off the ****ing meme with Banjo last year. That's the most annoying way to try and "leak" something man.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Seriously, what exactly is causing the thread to get so cocky right now? It can't be the gamestop "leak" since that has about 90% chance of being a mistake.
Remember last year with Banjo and how that one guy on ResetERA with a big track record just left a vague message in a Banjo support thread saying to have fun when the Direct comes by?

That. They're trying to do that. Again.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So a question that totally isn't related to the thread we're vagueing about right now, but remind me again: When was the last time an insider accurately leaked a DLC fighter for Ultimate?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Seriously, what exactly is causing the thread to get so cocky right now? It can't be the gamestop "leak" since that has about 90% chance of being a mistake.
Two people who used to be part of Sabi's inner circle came in, pretty much did a "haha ;)" and left. Yea, kinda getting people who are choosing to mute the thread for the next few days now, oh boy.

Shroob

Sup?
So a question that totally isn't related to the thread we're vagueing about right now, but remind me again: When was the last time an insider accurately leaked a DLC fighter for Ultimate?
Shinobi with Banjo.

Technically Vergeben with Terry, though people will fight you on that one.

Verg leaked Byleth like, 10 minutes before the presentation, but that was because someone literally PM'd him the info mere minutes before his post.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Two people who used to be part of Sabi's inner circle came in, pretty much did a "haha ;)" and left. Yea, kinda getting people who are choosing to mute the thread for the next few days now, oh boy.
I mean.

Did Sabi ever have legitimate Smash info?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ah, Sabi. Who properly predicted which DLC characters again?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If this was Verge, I'd get it.

If this was Shinobi, I'd get it.

If this was Nate, I'd get it.

But Sabi's track record has been abysmal, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

In the words of the wise users of Geno thread:

"don't care"​

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

The only time I remember Sabi getting anything right, was during E3 of last year in regards to mostly the Square Enix conference. But after they became questionable at best and I don't think there inner circle gotten anything right and besides should we even trust them on anything knowing the type of person Sabi actually is?

Shroob

Sup?
The only DLC character who avoided being 'leaked' in one way or another from memory was Joker.

Joker: No leaks

Hero: "Brave", Vergeben's infamous Square-Enix List

Banjo: "Smashing good time"~ Shinobi

Terry: SNK Leak, Sabi... who said it was Verg who told them iirc, Verg posting the Terry .gif on Gamefaqs before Sabi admitting who it was

Byleth: Verg again, though literally 10 minutes before it happend

Min Min: Irman spelling out M I N M I N in his "Keep your expectations low" tweet chain.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Min Min: Irman spelling out M I N M I N in his "Keep your expectations low" tweet chain.
That's literally the most ridiculous thing, I honestly want to think it was just blind luck if leakers have gone to the point of using actual ****ing cryptography to spell out ****.

The Virgin Disguised Essay VS The Chad "It's Min Min"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's literally the most ridiculous thing, I honestly want to think it was just blind luck if leakers have gone to the point of using actual ****ing cryptography to spell out ****.
He legit pointed it out himself, so he intentionally did it. He bigbrain'd all of us, and we were the fool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He legit pointed it out himself, so he intentionally did it. He bigbrain'd all of us, and we were the fool.
More like we were so dumbed down by the fake puzzle leaks that he disguised himself as a smallbrain leak for a big brain play.

Shroob

Sup?
More like we were so dumbed down by the fake puzzle leaks that he disguised himself as a smallbrain leak for a big brain play.
Either way, for as much as this community hyper-analyzes ****.

Everyone took from his tweet, "MAYBE THE PASS WILL BE ALL FIRST PARTY!"

and not

"Huh, why do these six paragraphs all have the same 3 letters twice starting them?"

We'll think purple and yellow chairs are a coded hint, but not question why the first 6 letters in his 6 paragraphs spell out the female frontrunner's name?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I mean he also had a poll saying "the most voted is in" so I kinda assumed it was Minmin because of that. Lots of hints it was Minmin.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Yes please. Terra and Crono are two of my most wanted characters.

I'm curious why you choose Ultros out of all Final Fantasy villains though. I mean, I like him and the thought of playing as an octopus in Smash is hilarious, but he seems like a pretty random choice lol.
It was only a choice to fill the list lol, but I think Ultros is great, and one of the most recurring bosses

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I mean.

Did Sabi ever have legitimate Smash info?

Ah, Sabi. Who properly predicted which DLC characters again?
I'd like that, the people who were in there be known as anything else but "sabi's circle". With how that person ruined lives, it's annoying and actually pretty unerving.
But to answer the best I can, I heard about the "SE rep" in august and knew that like 99% of the leaks were fakes as at the end of july I heard about the full roster, like some people in this very same website.I knew that Sora, Geno and anyone beside Hero and I say "Hero" not Erdrick and anyone would be in the game with DQ 11/3 and 8 alts, didn't know about 4.
We knew about Banjo before Shinobi himself posted the hint. Sabi was just a ***** who needed someone to leech off information and didn't believed us fully when we got the info.
We knew about Terry before too, jokingly with a "hint pictures" of the ****ing chick terry from Fatal cuties.
Internally we knew that the last character of FP was a first party after the joke of the "series deconfirmation".
We hear lots of game and nintendo rumour but we don't give a **** or don't share.

And honestly, "we" stopped caring about leaks after what sabi did and pulled off, ruinning lots of people's life.
I guess this time, some of "us" just couldn't hold their excitement I guess since we heard some big ****, who don't obligatory relate to Geno.

There a difference with people who know stuff, and leechers like sabi who try to pass as almighties.
I'm serious, most """leakers""" or insiders don't want to touch smash again for a good reasons. Either what happened with Sabi and Nintendo, with him doxxing and ruinning people's carrer and life destroyed them. Or we hate how the community act or react after hearing what they don't like, or what go and follow their script. That's all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I won't immediately discard this leak on the grounds that there is a possibility and for once, somehow Sabi's ex-gang found an actual ****ing source. But man, this type of leaking is just ****ing abysmal man. It's just not fun, it's stress-inducing if anything.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
From what I recall Sabi flat out knew Banjo was in
I'd like that, the people who were in there be known as anything else but "sabi's circle". With how that person ruined lives, it's annoying and actually pretty unerving.
But to answer the best I can, I heard about the "SE rep" in august and knew that like 99% of the leaks were fakes as at the end of july I heard about the full roster, like some people in this very same website.I knew that Sora, Geno and anyone beside Hero and I say "Hero" not Erdrick and anyone would be in the game with DQ 11/3 and 8 alts, didn't know about 4.
We knew about Banjo before Shinobi himself posted the hint. Sabi was just a ***** who needed someone to leech off information and didn't believed us fully when we got the info.
We knew about Terry before too, jokingly with a "hint pictures" of the ****ing chick terry from Fatal cuties.
Internally we knew that the last character of FP was a first party after the joke of the "series deconfirmation".
We hear lots of game and nintendo rumour but we don't give a **** or don't share.

And honestly, "we" stopped caring about leaks after what sabi did and pulled off, ruinning lots of people's life.
I guess this time, some of "us" just couldn't hold their excitement I guess since we heard some big ****, who don't obligatory relate to Geno.

There a difference with people who know stuff, and leechers like sabi who try to pass as almighties.
I'm serious, most """leakers""" or insiders don't want to touch smash again for a good reasons. Either what happened with Sabi and Nintendo, with him doxxing and ruinning people's carrer and life destroyed them. Or we hate how the community act or react after hearing what they don't like, or what go and follow their script. That's all.
That's fair, not good wording on my end, despise **** as much as pretty much everyone else does at this point now that everything is out in the open, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom