• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Bro imagine how ****ed you are if someone did that to you.

Most people got twitlongers or court cases. This man has a whole ****ing biography, you can't come back from that.
Jesus christ. Imagine defending Sabi after all of this. That's so disgusting.

Sabi really is a piece of work.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person. My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Kinda confused-
Shin Megami Tensei was added to Nintendo Switch Online, but only in Japan. Presumably because it hasn’t been translated. Yet, Tetris Attack makes it here in America, while also not being translated?
Who knows? Maybe that old theory where they added Tetris Attack to get people used to Arle before she was added to smash is true?
Not trying to reach or anything- I don’t care for Arle. I just thought it was interesting.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Kinda confused-
Shin Megami Tensei was added to Nintendo Switch Online, but only in Japan. Presumably because it hasn’t been translated. Yet, Tetris Attack makes it here in America, while also not being translated?
Who knows? Maybe that old theory where they added Tetris Attack to get people used to Arle before she was added to smash is true?
Not trying to reach or anything- I don’t care for Arle. I just thought it was interesting.
Considering one of them is a rpg, while the other is Tetris, it makes perfect sense why we got Tetris Attack and not SMT1

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
What characters do you think will get the deluxe Mii costume treatment next? I'm really enjoying how well the vault boy costume works with the gunner moveset. I would love to see a shovel knight costume or maybe a klonoa costume

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
What characters do you think will get the deluxe Mii costume treatment next? I'm really enjoying how well the vault boy costume works with the gunner moveset. I would love to see a shovel knight costume or maybe a klonoa costume
Hollow Knight's knight or Geno.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Hear me out on this one...
It is inevitable
You cannot stop it

D

Deleted member

Hollow Knight's knight or Geno.
Why bother updating Geno's mii costume when they can just port over the Smash 4 one? Never liked this Deluxe costume idea for Geno, it's silly.

Hollow Knight is my best guess. That or someone like Quote.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why bother updating Geno's mii costume when they can just port over the Smash 4 one? Never liked this Deluxe costume idea for Geno, it's silly.
It's assuming this is the only way for him to come with Beware the Forest's Mushrooms without actually being a fighter.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

Hollow Knight is my best guess. That or someone like Quote.
Mostly to bring a song along. It would just need a new head model. A premium costume + song is perfect for Geno.

D

Deleted member

It's assuming this is the only way for him to come with Beware the Forest's Mushrooms without actually being a fighter.
It just seems like passive-aggressive gate-keeping. Heihachi was a popular request, but his old Mii costume still came back. They didn't upgrade him.

Mostly to bring a song along. It would just need a new head model. A premium costume + song is perfect for Geno.
No, just no. That's like saying Sora is perfect for a Mii costume. It's a discredit to his fanbase if you did that. They'd rather just have them not appear in the game at all if that was the case.

D

Deleted member

Well, we can agree to disagree. I happen to think it is the best option, and if you don't that is your right. Mii Gunner fits Geno really well.
I personally think it's a discredit to his character, people are not going to be happy with it. But sure, I can agree to disagree.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Geno's costume is indeed coming back, then it's likely coming back exactly as it was back in Smash 4. I don't see them specifically going to the trouble of upgrading his costume to be "premium" while still charging the same price as the other costumes (especially since it certainly won't ease the sting of a lot of people's most wanted getting the costume treatment), when it would be easier to just bring back the Smash 4 costume unchanged like with Heihachi.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, just no. That's like saying Sora is perfect for a Mii costume. It's a discredit to his fanbase if you did that. They'd rather just have them not appear in the game at all if that was the case.
I think the argument is that Mii Gunner's moveset could fit Geno rather well because of the gun arm, moreso than most Mii costume could fit Mii movesets

D

Deleted member

I think the argument is that Mii Gunner's moveset could fit Geno rather well because of the gun arm, moreso than most Mii costume could fit Mii movesets
I guess. I don't want anyone to get Mii costume'd. If say Rayman or Shantae got Mii costume'd, I'd be super annoyed. It's a consolation prize, instead of them actually being playable. It feels like an excuse to not make them playable.

You have great moveset potential to pull from, but then you limit them to a generic Mii brawler moveset. It's a bit disrespectful, to be honest.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I guess. I don't want anyone to get Mii costume'd. If say Rayman or Shantae got Mii costume'd, I'd be super annoyed. It's a consolation prize, instead of them actually being playable. It feels like an excuse to not make them playable.
The reality of the situation is that there are only 5 more characters coming in this fighter pass. That means thousands of characters AREN'T going to be playable in Ultimate. I'd rather see characters made into a Mii costume rather than having nothing at all. I don't see it as a slap in the face to get a costume in Ultimate; it's actually very cool. I understand that you feel the opposite, and that's OK.

I can see the argument that they wouldn't devote the resources to "upgrading" Geno. I suppose that was wishful thinking on my part, to get a piece of music when his costume returns.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

You have great moveset potential to pull from, but then you limit them to a generic Mii brawler moveset. It's a bit disrespectful, to be honest.
I'm gonna be blunt here but there's little in the speculation scene that's as entitled as "This is disrespectful!", the only people saying that are people who are too invested in certain characters, as if it was actually disrespectful, the deals would have never gone through.

That said there's nothing wrong with not liking it, just tired of "WAAAAAH ASSISTS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL MIIS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL SPRING MAN GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE JUST LIKE THE BOX OF ARMS IS SO DISRESPECTFUL THEY HATE THE FAAAAANS" stuff I see

Calane

Smash Ace
Kinda confused-
...You mean Super Puyo Puyo 2, right? That's the one with Arle.

Tetris Attack was the western version of Panel de Pon, and it wasn't released on the Switch Online thing (Panel de Pon was, though).

I personally still think it's odd that Super Puyo Puyo 2 was picked over Kirby's Avalanche. Legal issues are probably what kept Nintendo from releasing Tetris Attack on the service (which is why we got Panel de Pon instead), but as far as I know, there are no such issues with Kirby's Avalanche.

It seems that Nintendo purposely chose to release an untranslated version of Puyo Puyo 2 instead, but the reason as to why is anyone's guess. I'd like to believe it's related to Smash, but I don't wanna be that guy who thinks everything has something to do with Smash.

Considering one of them is a rpg, while the other is Tetris, it makes perfect sense why we got Tetris Attack and not SMT1
To be fair, Super Puyo Puyo 2 does have a bunch of cutscenes and dialogue before every battle. While it's obviously not an RPG (which is funny to say since it began as a spin-off of one), Puyo Puyo usually has character interactions and some sort of story, unlike Tetris.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be blunt here but there's little in the speculation scene that's as entitled as "This is disrespectful!", the only people saying that are people who are too invested in certain characters, as if it was actually disrespectful, the deals would have never gone through.

That said there's nothing wrong with not liking it, just tired of "WAAAAAH ASSISTS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL MIIS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL SPRING MAN GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE JUST LIKE THE BOX OF ARMS IS SO DISRESPECTFUL THEY HATE THE FAAAAANS" stuff I see
That's uncalled for, to be honest. And very condescending.

Can you please be civil about this instead of being toxic?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If this Wayforward game isn't for a series that is in Smash, we might want to keep an eye on it. If it's gonna be announced in a completely unrelated presentation by an unrelated company, it's probably something Nintendo wants to promote, and that might include Smash. It might be nothing (like Sushi Striker, the last game revealed in Treehouse), I'd even say it's probable, but there's nothing ruling it out.

D

Deleted member

If this Wayforward game isn't for a series that is in Smash, we might want to keep an eye on it. If it's gonna be announced in a completely unrelated presentation by an unrelated company, it's probably something Nintendo wants to promote, and that might include Smash. It might be nothing (like Sushi Striker, the last game revealed in Treehouse), I'd even say it's probable, but there's nothing ruling it out.
Yeah. I'd keep an eye on it. Don't expect anything from Smash, though. That'll be saved for the next direct probably.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's uncalled for, to be honest. And very condescending.
First time talking to Gwen?

The Mii Costumes don't really feel like consolation prizes to me, nowadays they're giving life to things we'd never thought we'd see in the game like the cool deluxe costumes we've had since Sans. Like think about it, you can only choose a certain amount of characters, bringing a plethora of others through Mii Costumes is expanding what you can bring. They may not be fleshed out in spite of the other six, but it's better than nothing unless you're so unfathomably sore over it. And some people are, but that's their molehill to make mountains out of.

I agree we shouldn't try to sort out characters as only Mii Costumes, but the concept in itself is greater than what others might try to justify its purpose for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First time talking to Gwen?

The Mii Costumes don't really feel like consolation prizes to me, nowadays they're giving life to things we'd never thought we'd see in the game like the cool deluxe costumes we've had since Sans. Like think about it, you can only choose a certain amount of characters, bringing a plethora of others through Mii Costumes is expanding what you can bring. They may not be playable in spite of the other six, but it's better than nothing unless you're so unfathomably sore over it. And some people are, but that's their molehill to make mountains out of.

I agree we shouldn't try to sort out characters as only Mii Costumes, but the concept in itself is greater than what others might try to justify its purpose for.
The person's rude as heck. That kind of behaviour is not okay, especially when I was simply stating my opinion.

I agree, for the most part. For characters like Akira who never had a chance anyway, it's great. For characters like Sora or Steve who have big fanbases? I don't know. I'd rather just have them playable with their own moveset at that point.

Sure, it's nice to have them there at all, but sometimes nothing is better than having them there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The person's rude as heck. That kind of behaviour is not okay, especially when I was simply stating my opinion.

I agree, for the most part. For characters like Akira who never had a chance anyway, it's great. For characters like Sora or Steve who have big fanbases? I don't know. I'd rather just have them playable with their own moveset at that point.

Sure, it's nice to have them there at all, but sometimes nothing is better than having them there.
It's not really rude to advise to not seem entitled last time I checked but go off I guess

D

Deleted member

It's not really rude to advise to not seem entitled last time I checked but go off I guess
I'm just putting you on ignore. You just want to throw personal attacks at me.

Please don't call me entitled again. I just don't like Mii costumes all that much, sorry. Yet you just insult me for simply stating my opinion.

Stop being toxic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's all situational. If Sora did end up becoming a costume in light or another Square character getting in the game, I think that would be an amazing compromise. There is a choice in the matter. Whether it be Geno, Sora, Lara, Crono, Ringabel, whoever the ****, only one can get in this cycle and if there's a new deluxe costume coming with them, then I'd gladly take it with open arms. I don't think any character "deserves" the treatment, but getting a costume is not inherently a bad thing. Nintendo or Sakurai choosing to make a costume of them in hindsight is pretty generous.

I don't know how the **** you're seeing that. Gwen's just being blunt. :215:

At the end of the day, opinions are opinions, so it's whatever

Shroob

Sup?

Please don't call me entitled again. I just don't like Mii costumes all that much, sorry. Yet you just insult me for simply stating my opinion.

Stop being toxic.
Being blunt =/= being toxic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like I'm poking a bear with this one, but I feel like I need to say this.
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
This is the part @BananaSlammer probably felt insulted by. Maybe it wasn't targeted specifically at him (it wasn't, right?) but I can see how he'd feel like he was being attacked here.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Does anyone have any out of the blue picks?
Sgt. Cortez!

Cortez.png

I was about to post a gif of Sgt. Cortez but for some reason it completely froze Chrome up this time so a png will have to do. How odd...

Klonoa will probably only get a regular Mii costume if that's his fate but Shovel Knight could work. Hollow Knight could fit pretty well, Shantae would probably work better with just clothes and a wig of her, finally Yooka Laylee would work great as a brawler costume with maybe a Laylee sitting on top of the Yooka Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom