• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Tales of Xillia 2 gets on Switch I can finally start my Ludger Will Kresnik thread with no shame.
He's legitimately the best Tales of choice for Smash. You don't need to feel bad for wanting that.

Edit: I feel that Xillia would be a remaster just for the fact that it ran on Unreal Engine 3 and that isn't compatible with Switch and why bother going that far if you're not going to touch it up a little?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I had a dream last night where not just one...but TWO Pokemon taking up two different slots in the pass were confirmed. I can't remember who but they were bug type Pokemon from Gen 3 and 5.

While I would be slightly annoyed, I would not mind too much if a Pokemon was announced for this pass. But two Pokemon? That would be a nightmare come true.
You fear it, but Genesect would be awesome.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I'm predicting the Way Forward title is a new Castlevania game.

And I'm hearing of rumors about a direct on the 20th. Well all I can say about that is that I hope that the Tales Switch news from the NoA Ambassador is revealed there finally.
If that is happening it would likely be an old port since Arise is skipping Switch and even then, I wouldn't be shocked if we hear nothing about any ports until Arise is out.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
He's legitimately the best Tales of choice for Smash. You don't need to feel bad for wanting that.
It's more that he has never been on Nintendo and Xillia 2 is controversial even though it's my favorite in the series hands down. I love Ludger, love the whole party, really love Rideaux, love the story...it'd be nice to get it off PS3 and get more people to play it. I know I push for Velvet who also doesn't have a ghost of a chance but Ludger is the best!!

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
that also reminds me, i never got to beat my 3ds copy of ToTA. id happily beat ToTA on stream if it came to PC or Switch
Yea, I really feel a lot of Tales games are due to be brought back in some form or fashion. I’d personally be down for Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia.

I hope Bamco does something big with this anniversary and bring those (along with some japan exclusives?) to the switch.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yea, I really feel a lot of Tales games are due to be brought back in some form or fashion. I’d personally be down for Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia.

I hope Bamco does something big with this anniversary and bring those (along with some japan exclusives?) to the switch.
Symphonia's on PC rn, as are Zestiria, Vesperia (also on Switch) and Berseria, but i'd love the rest to be more accessible

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Graces and the Xillia duology are hella overdue for ports i swear

also port Hearts R to PC like with P4G, and localize Innocence R pls i beg u namco
OMG, I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who wants to see Innocence finally brought to the west! I would happily trade Lloyd getting a spot in smash if it meant Innocence was actually playable in the west. In fact, while we are at it, make Luca the playable Tales of character in smash (actually, does he have a support thread now that I think of it).
But on the topic of that tweet, I'm personally betting that it will be a port/ remaster like everyone thinks, probably to be released sometime Summer or Fall 2021, considering that would be over a year after Arise will be released (hopefully). Keeping in mind, unlike most series, the Tales of series has a tendency to release games in rapid succession. Heck, in 2008 alone, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, and Tales of Hearts all came out in the same year. If I were to hedge bets, I would probably bet on Tales of the Abyss finally getting a remaster, considering of the 'Big Three' it never got a remaster(to my knowledge), or a tales of symphonia chronicles port, as weirdly enough the remaster never came to a Nintendo console, despite the games selling the best on Nintendo systems by far. Also personally think Xillia, Graces and Beseria are definitely a wildcard as well to consider.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
One thing I wonder about regarding the Paper Mario EXP debate is, like, shouldn‘t the point of battles be enjoying the battles themselves? If the battle system is only worth partaking in for the rewards, isn’t that a problem with the battle system itself?
There's a thing in game theory called dominant strategy, which means that a player, if given a strategy that succeeds all the time, will take it all the time. You can't ignore that when developing a game; if there's a dominant strategy that isn't what you're intended to do, you've really ****ed up.

The battle system in an RPG can try to incentivize combat by being fun, sure. But at the end of the day, from a game development perspective, there's only so much that angle can achieve - battles in an RPG are still, at their core, choosing options from a menu and watching numbers go. You still need to force a player to engage in battles to an extent. An RPG in which you don't have to engage in the RPG mechanics to get through is, simply put, poorly made.
How do you pronounce Touhou? Toe hoe? Too hoo? Tao how?
I can't remember if I've ever heard it pronounced before and I'm curious.
I know that it's pronounced toh-hoh, with long vowels, but I pronounce it too-hoo because it's more fun that way.
trust me guys they're doing napoleon 2 and it's gonna be hype as ****
I'm all on in on the Napoleon 2 hype train, I'm feeling it this is the time you guys

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Skimming through a couple of pages, this doc appears to be on the perspective of the accuser, not Sabi. That probably should've been clarified cause at first I thought this was Sabi's response to everything.
Yeah, it looks to be an account of everything Sabi's done to hold against him, not the guy defending himself. Probably something important to note.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Does anyone have any out of the blue picks?
I'm not sure if Reimu counts, since she's beginning to get mentioned a bit more often now and is at least considered a viable contender. Same with Klonoa, who's obscure but still get brought up a fair bit.
There's Miriam, though. Bloodstained isn't really talked about much in the Smash community. Also, Phosphora, who doesn;t get mentioned much, and Rundas, who doesn't get mentioned period.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So you know Sabi's allegations? He decided to discuss them all with a 150 page documentary.

Clarification: This is on the perspective of the accuser.
Poking my head in here for a second. That is a hell of a read.
Also, I remember Sabi starting in the Geno thread years ago and their avatar was Magolor...never trust Magolor!
I hope the people who got wronged and hurt by this piece of **** get some justice (or whatever) from this. OK, away I go.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Wayforward game, while not a Nintendo IP, is probably from a series close to Nintendo. There'd be no reason to reveal it in a Nintendo presentation otherwise. My money is either on Castlevania, Mega Man, Rabbids, or Scribblenauts (from the biased part of my brain).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Bro imagine how ****ed you are if someone did that to you.

Most people got twitlongers or court cases. This man has a whole ****ing biography, you can't come back from that.
Getting banished to the Shadow Realm (Accusation) seems like a vacation compared to this Thanos SNAP! (150 page receipt)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
* Itsuki Aoi & Chrom (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore)
* The Stretchers
* DJ Octavio
* Octavo
* Musashi (Sushi Striker)
* Centiskorch
* God Eater rep
* Shining rep
* Suikoden rep
* Battletoads
* Kawase Umihara
* Emil Castagnier
* Noctis
* Patricia "Patty" Wagon
* Juan Aguacate
* The Beheaded
* Protagonist of Golf Story
* Katrielle Layton
* Rune Factory rep
* SteamWorld rep
* Toki Tori

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Poochy from the Yoshi series

Also, I wholeheartedly disagree that the Direct would be too soon to reveal the next fighter. If they want to keep the December 2021 date, a reveal needs to happen soon. We should get CP7 released sometime in the fall and at least a reveal for CP8 by year's end, with that character releasing early 2021 at the latest. Otherwise, you're looking at reveal + release for 8, 9, 10, and 11 all next year, which is a lot. I also wonder if we wouldn't have gotten Min Min way sooner were it not for COVID. Had that been the case, we would probably know who 7 and maybe even 8 are by now

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
So you know Sabi's allegations? He decided to discuss them all with a 150 page documentary.

Clarification: This is on the perspective of the accuser.
Jesus and I thought there was enough dirt and bad stories about Sky Williams that would be enough material for a novel, but that takes it to a whole new level.

Not reading 150 pages of leaker drama but I gotta say the picture they started it with was perfect.
Ashamed though how often Rei gets drag into, just on the bases of Sabi often using her as a profile pic.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This Direct would have been what the E3 presentation would have, which has at least 2 fighters revealed if a Smash game was relevant at the time. And they're working on multiple fighters at a time and not just one at a time as well.

And how else are they are going to get people to buy the pass? Because going radio silence until each Sakurai presentation for the next character reveal is a bad business move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom