• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I only don't want Steve because I find the character design to be completely unappealing and ugly to me, personally..I'm just really not a fan of it..I much prefer the beta designs for Minecraft..I do, however, think Steve would be a good Mii costume..not that he wouldn't have an interesting moveset, but I just really don't like his look (and if they played him true to his home game, he would have rather boring animations since Steve only has two animations..swinging and moving his arms and legs..and turning his head I guess.)
They could do what's in this official trailer for the home game's new update:

Of course if you don't like it that's cool, I just figured I'd share it. I think it serves as a good example for how he could be animated.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Byte and Barq aren't even real cops, they are beach patrol. Your real world grievances are completely misplaced.
Not going to get political, but patrols are also still technically cops and still part of the problem

please don’t try undermine it as ”real world grievances“

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Honestly, I can just imagine that they chose not to put him in.

There's a handful of characters who don't have Spirits in the game(We have like, 2 of the 6 Prime Hunters from Metroid, and Sylux ISN'T one of them).
Yeah, it could be just that. The weirdest thing to me though, and I forgot to mention this, was that they didn't add him for the Mother anniversary event. Was the most opportune time to do it.
As for Sylux, i just assumed he wasn't big enough to warrant it.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Not going to get political, but patrols are also still technically cops and still part of the problem

You’re not going to get political, but you’re going to get political.

Can you please not in a forum about Smash Brothers?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Even with the pandemic, considering how Wave 1 went effectively Feb(Plant) > April(Joker) > July(Hero) > September(Banjo) > November(Terry) > January(Byleth), I just can't imagine that long of a wait for the next character. If the first pass hammered them out in roughly 3 months apart from one another, now that Min Min is out, I'd expect the next character to come out 2-3 months after her.
If it follows a similar route, then we're looking at something like this, if we keep in mind the deadline is December 2021:

- Min Min: June 2020
- CP7: September 2020
- CP8: December 2020/January 2021
- CP9: March/April 2021
- CP10: July/August/September 2021
- CP11: November/December 2021

Shroob

Sup?
If it follows a similar route, then we're looking at something like this, if we keep in mind the deadline is December 2021:

- Min Min: June 2020
- CP7: September 2020
- CP8: December 2020/January 2021
- CP9: March/April 2021
- CP10: July/August/September 2021
- CP11: November/December 2021
Seems good to be. I'd have put CP8 roughly in the November/December timeframe to mirror how Hero > Banjo > Terry went, but that's just me.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can just imagine that they chose not to put him in.

There's a handful of characters who don't have Spirits in the game(We have like, 2 of the 6 Prime Hunters from Metroid, and Sylux ISN'T one of them).
While I agree that there are simply some spirits that were simply forgotten. Porky was also a boss in Brawl, the only boss that's unaccounted for in Ultimate. And there have been opportunities to add the spirit back in. Maybe we'll get more Boss Battles in a dedicated Boss Rush mode, who knows.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Seems good to be. I'd have put CP8 roughly in the November/December timeframe to mirror how Hero > Banjo > Terry went, but that's just me.
It's possible. It's a bit hard to know how long individual spacing will be - Hero and Banjo took a good two months to get announced after joker, then one more for Hero's launch and anotger two for the bear and bird - with Terry only being shown after.

Intervals tend to be irregular, but yeah, I agree.

Shroob

Sup?
It's possible. It's a bit hard to know how long individual spacing will be - Hero and Banjo took a good two months to get announced after joker, then one more for Hero's launch and anotger two for the bear and bird - with Terry only being shown after.

Intervals tend to be irregular, but yeah, I agree.
I'm still hedging my bets on the September timeframe for CP7, and if we hear about anymore amiibo restocks/release windows, that's when I'd hedge my bets on those as well.

September seems like a safe bet. It'll be 3 months after Min Min, and the restock happens that month.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Broke: "The Ness Eye glitch means he's being used as a base character for Layton! They have the same kind of eyes!"

Woke:

Same eyes, you say?
View attachment 276023
But it doesn't necessarily have to be an exact 1-to-1 comparison; For example, the Belmont's up tilt was adapted into Byleth's up smash and up air, and I believe the Bayo glitch was because of Min Min's ARMS change (Though I just assumed it was to help with the wonky disjoint punches). It could just be some issues with the eyes.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the Absolutely Safe Capsule is supposed to be Porky's "spirit". They even made it a player icon for the online. And before someone mentions that it uses a slightly different sprite for the capsule from when not Porky's in it, keep in mind they ripped the Masked Man's sprite from DeviantArt of all things, so I don't think those details mattered too much.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I almost forgot there was a time when Steve for Smash was a meme. I get that 2014 was when the cringey Minecraft kids were at their peak, but you're gonna tell me he's a more ridiculous inclusion than Marceline from Adventure time?
Given Fortnite's the current "cringey kid game," d'you think we'll start getting lots of unironic Jonesy requests in a couple console generations?

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
People are gonna hate me for this, but I'd be unironically down for Jonesy in Smash. I think Fortnite warrants an inclusion in some capacity, with the only barriers being that it's western and the music.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay, how would people react if Sora was the next fighter after Min Min, and a Switch port of 1.5+2.5 was announced alongside his announcement?
I imagine that most would be pretty hyped, Sora in Smash is a huge deal.

Personally, I'd probably start shout-singing Simple and Clean with the bros on Discord. Seems appropriate.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, how would people react if Sora was the next fighter after Min Min, and a Switch port of 1.5+2.5 was announced alongside his announcement?
Bruh, Byleth and Min Min back to back was already insane for me, if Sora literally follows shortly after I'm probably gonna die.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pretty excited. Sora is not one of my most favorites but I support him and I want Simple and Clean in Smash. Also, having a third party character will keep speculation spiced up as first and third parties will be on equal grounding for this pass.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The Smash Bubble community?
"WHAT THE ****? WHY DID DISNEY GETS IN? I THOUGH THEY'D SAY NO?! BUT? THE MICKEY MOUSE KEYCHAIN! THIS IS A NON-VIDEO GAME THING! WAIT? BEFORE [Insert your favorite fighter not announced yet] WHAT A DISGRACE!"

The General gaming fanbase?
You'd probably see half of youtube gaming being Sora reaction video for a good weeks, and discussion non-stop. And the moment of his announcement, Internet would explode.

Normal People?
"Wow, he's cool! Nice! I can't wait to play him."

The KH Community?
"Okay, now, where do you think it fits in the KH Lore? Is Mario Xeanorth?"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sora is probably the closest we have to a new Cloud, Mega Man or Sonic.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sora is probably the closest we have to a new Cloud, Mega Man or Sonic.
Honestly, he's probably one of the last one up there with Master Chief and Dante. Both Sora and MC basically carried by themselves a good generation of gamers and genre... And I'm not scared to Call Sora the "Mr.JRPG" of the 00's, just like Cloud was for the later 90's, Hero/DQ was for the late 80's/early 90's and seemingly what Joker is becoming for the late 2010's. That sort of characters that define an era of a genre that constantly evolve-

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They could do what's in this official trailer for the home game's new update:

Of course if you don't like it that's cool, I just figured I'd share it. I think it serves as a good example for how he could be animated.
Those animations are a lot better, and its from the actual Minecraft game rather than a spin-off, so I accept it and like it..I still hate the design, but that's a nitpick. Still don't want Steve due to that, but I wouldn't get angry if he got in.

It is a 'real world grievance'..the state of real world cops and their many injustices and crimes have no bearing on the cops of fictional media like ARMS, Astral Chain, Spider-Man, etc.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Given Fortnite's the current "cringey kid game," d'you think we'll start getting lots of unironic Jonesy requests in a couple console generations?
Yes.

The kids who are growing up with Fornite will grow up and look back at it fondly.

It happened with Minecraft and hundreds of other games.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The KH Community?
"Okay, now, where do you think it fits in the KH Lore? Is Mario Xeanorth?"
Unironically if Sora is in Smash I am 100% sure that Nomura will confirm that World of light is canon in the KH lore and that you need to do Sora's classic mode to gather more lore about the next Kingdom hearts. Basically Smash ultimate will act as a KH 3.2.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If we are talking about some of the last big 3rd party names in gaming yet to join Smash then you gotta mention my boy Crash Bandicoot.

A lot of us are still waiting for this dream matchup that's been nearly 25 years in the making to happen.

9cbd704332e90bc32404cac778362b4d.jpg

Last edited:

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
In ten years the big roster wars are gonna be between Jonesy, Baldi, and Freddy Fazbear. Instead of Goku people will try to push for Ryan from Race with Ryan.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just saying, Pokemon was essentially the Minecraft/Fortnite of it's day

Kids loved it, everyone else was pretty irritated with it. Look where it is now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom