• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Minecart as Side-B, Elytra as Up-B and maybe Wither with Enderdragon as Final Smash.
My idea was something like this:
Neutral B-Bow and Arrow
Side B-Splash Potion
Up B-Ender Pearl
Down B-Block Place
Shield B-Change Block
Their Final Smash would be Griefer's Delight, an original cutscene Final Smash where the opponent is transported to a painstakingly designed castle, which Steve? and a bunch of other Minecraft players proceed to destroy with lava and TNT. The explosion would even lag out and slow down, to simulate the computer lagging because it can't process all the explosions.
I’d say with the gun thing is that if you point a Doom 2016 pistol at someone, they would be less likely to react to it as badly as Joker’s Pistol. Jokers pistol might be fake but it is a way more realistic looking gun than all of the Doom Eternal weapons, they have a sci-fi/fantasy look.
And it's hard to take something seriously when it's basically called the Big ****ing Gun (That Bio-Fornic Gun abbreviation ain't fooling anyone, id). Of course, nobody has to know that...
I mean, if we could make someone as sexy as Bayonetta past CERO, then I don't think Doomguy should be too hard, right? I mean, it's not like he's bleeding from every orfice or anything. He's not gory like Bayonetta's sexy, it's just what entails.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There’s no spirit event/tourney this week, however...

Looks like the next update will contain balancing, so get those replays converted to video!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Do you guys think Sakurai’s comment of “atleast 5 more fighters” was a hint that more could come or was it a mistranslation?

I’m starting to think that they really will fill out those last 4 slots in the game’s data. I’m not familiar with how that stuff works, is it possible to expand beyond that or is 91 the limit that the game can handle? Not that it really matters, potentially having 9 more characters is good enough for me lol

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't think Doom guy is happening, but violence is clearly not a problem. Bayonetta is as violent, if not more than the Doom games (for those who have never play a Bayonetta: you can use magic to summon torture device to kill enemies, you basically get nude to summon demons and there's a lot of decapitation and pretty gory kill, and there's some sexual theme). If Bayo can be tone down Doom guy clearly can.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you guys think Sakurai’s comment of “atleast 5 more fighters” was a hint that more could come or was it a mistranslation?

I’m starting to think that they really will fill out those last 4 slots in the game’s data. I’m not familiar with how that stuff works, is it possible to expand beyond that or is 91 the limit that the game can handle? Not that it really matters, potentially having 9 more characters is good enough for me lol
I'm assuming it meant that the Fighters Pass wouldn't be cut short due to the Coronavirus, and that they'd still be able to get the remaining five fighters released as opposed to cutting it down to four or three.

Also, there is a spirit event this weekend. No new spirits, which is understandable since we're getting about half a dozen new ARMS ones around that time; this one's villain-themed.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also, there is a spirit event this weekend. No new spirits, which is understandable; this one's villain-themed.

No wonder I didn’t catch the spirit event this week, it came 15 minutes late!

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I almost forgot there was a time when Steve for Smash was a meme. I get that 2014 was when the cringey Minecraft kids were at their peak, but you're gonna tell me he's a more ridiculous inclusion than Marceline from Adventure time?
It's funny how his points against Steve are very wrong now (and his character point already was, and is even more now based on how people view personality/facial expressions and stuff).

Sucks how the genuine fans on Miiverse were treated as meme people. I never noticed much "cringe" with Minecraft or anything, too, but the internet had to turn into more of a mess that even I could notice, people getting mad and generalizing everyone...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm assuming it meant that the Fighters Pass wouldn't be cut short due to the Coronavirus, and that they'd still be able to get the remaining five fighters released as opposed to cutting it down to four or three.

Also, there is a spirit event this weekend. No new spirits, which is understandable since we're getting about half a dozen new ARMS ones around that time; this one's villain-themed.

Porky's crying in a corner now.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
To be fair, Steve in Smash still is kinda a meme.
He's not a meme at all; he has many fans genuinely wanting him to be in the game, and are serious about it, there being good fanmade renders of him and moveset ideas and other stuff.

Please do not bring up the trolls who are a minority, and whose only goal was to harass others and make the real Steve fans look bad.

Admittedly I originally found the grotesque render to be funny, but how it's been used has caused me to hate it. No true Steve fan would push that imposter into the spotlight.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
There’s no spirit event/tourney this week, however...

Looks like the next update will contain balancing, so get those replays converted to video!
Hoping for some actual balance changes this time. Aside from early on there haven't been many massive buffs/nerfs to most characters.

Personally hoping for a Byleth range buff (Lance covers the length of Big Battlefield) and Min Min range nerfs (too much range y'know).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Steve is cool and I would be hyped to see him make it, even as a Mii Costume. He's still in my top 5 most wanted, and no offense to Banjo fans, but I honestly did want Steve way more back when we were predicting Microsoft reps.

And hey, there's at least one Smash Bros. streamer that I know would go nuts with hype if he got in, so that'd be fun to see, lol.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Byte and Barq aren't even real cops, they are beach patrol. Your real world grievances are completely misplaced.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Byte and Barq aren't even real cops, they are beach patrol. Your real world grievances are completely misplaced.
I think more people would've figured that out if they saw their stage in ARMS. It's literally a nice, big beach with a lifeguard chair and volleyball nets in the background.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I've never understood the "Steve stands out too much argument."

When a game has things like Mr.Game and Watch, Pac Man, Mario and Bayonetta able to stand shoulder to shoulder despite drastically different designs and proportions, Steve wouldn't even stand out that much to be blunt.

"He's ugly" is one of the lamest excuses I've ever seen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey so I heard about a glitch with Ness that has to do with his eyes that people connect to Professor Layton. I’m just wondering if anyone can give me an explanation on what that glitch is or how to connects to him.
Was off. Here you go

Layton has similar eyes to Ness, which is the vital point of this glitch. also they both wear hats

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Was off. Here you go

Layton has similar eyes to Ness, which is the vital point of this glitch. also they both wear hats
To be fair, the Bayo glitch involved her skin not being visible. It doesn’t necessarily mean the character will replicate something pertinent to the glitch.

still say Ness Glitch forebodes Neku

7NATOR

Smash Master
To be fair, the Bayo glitch involved her skin not being visible. It doesn’t necessarily mean the character will replicate something pertinent to the glitch.

still say Ness Glitch forebodes Neku
Dang you really do want Neku don't you. Can't Blame you though, he has a slick design (and cool abilities)

The Bayo Skin thing is replicated somewhat, or at least the Coding, with Min-Min's Arm Switch and the Dragon Arm Upgrade.

I guess something that must be said about this Ness glitch is that unlike every other Glitch, this one seemed to have popped up only once, while the other glitches were more consistent. I never thought about that till now. I don't know what that means, but eh

Shroob

Sup?
Even though I have my doubts about Layton, though it'd be hella cool if he did come.

C'mon, you gotta give us Wright then too. Phoenix vs Layton would be so dope.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I've never understood the "Steve stands out too much argument."

When a game has things like Mr.Game and Watch, Pac Man, Mario and Bayonetta able to stand shoulder to shoulder despite drastically different designs and proportions, Steve wouldn't even stand out that much to be blunt.

"He's ugly" is one of the lamest excuses I've ever seen.
I think Steve's biggest issue is his blocky body and stiff movement. It might be a bit trickier than most fighters but I don't think that would stop them. If Ridley is not too big then Steve is not too blocky and stiff.

Shroob

Sup?
The Ness glitch is indeed interesting.

We've had no shortage of odd glitches that seemingly foretell that they're being used as base characters for DLC characters, and if I were a betting man, I'd honestly say the character after Min Min will not be that long of a wait, probably September or October, so seeing this Ness could could mean something.

Or it could just be a one-off glitch, who knows.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Ness glitch is indeed interesting.

We've had no shortage of odd glitches that seemingly foretell that they're being used as base characters for DLC characters, and if I were a betting man, I'd honestly say the character after Min Min will not be that long of a wait, probably September or October, so seeing this Ness could could mean something.

Or it could just be a one-off glitch, who knows.
So, when do you think that character could be revealed, anyway?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I only don't want Steve because I find the character design to be completely unappealing and ugly to me, personally..I'm just really not a fan of it..I much prefer the beta designs for Minecraft..I do, however, think Steve would be a good Mii costume..not that he wouldn't have an interesting moveset, but I just really don't like his look (and if they played him true to his home game, he would have rather boring animations since Steve only has two animations..swinging and moving his arms and legs..and turning his head I guess.)

Its not a hint towards anything, its more a safe guard. What he's saying is they could have more characters if it comes to pass, not that they definitely will..He's also saying that they WILL finish this Fighters Pass as well.
No new spirits, which is understandable since we're getting about half a dozen new ARMS ones around that time; this one's villain-themed.
Has that been confirmed? I don't recall Sakurai mentioning that Fighters Pass 2 characters will have Spirit Boards and he never shown it in the presentation like he normally would..though there are definitely enough ARMS characters for Spirits, especially DLC like Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle.

Shroob

Sup?
So, when do you think that character could be revealed, anyway?
Well, for better or for worse, Japan is re-opening its businesses, meaning that, assuming a 2nd wave doesn't hit, I'd wager most businesses will be up and running back to normal in a a few weeks, give or take a month.

If they don't get hit with a 2nd wave of the 'rona, I feel like we'd probably get a Direct in August/September.

Even with the pandemic, considering how Wave 1 went effectively Feb(Plant) > April(Joker) > July(Hero) > September(Banjo) > November(Terry) > January(Byleth), I just can't imagine that long of a wait for the next character. If the first pass hammered them out in roughly 3 months apart from one another, now that Min Min is out, I'd expect the next character to come out 2-3 months after her.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm actually curious to see if the absolute safe capsule will be in this event so that we oficially know if Porky is in it or not (not that it really matters now because spirit don't deconfirm but I'm curious to see if it was suppose to be a Porky reference or not).
I don’t think it will be, because the Absolutely Safe Capsule is a Spirit you need to summon. I don’t actually think it HAS a Spirit Battle.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Has that been confirmed? I don't recall Sakurai mentioning that Fighters Pass 2 characters will have Spirit Boards and he never shown it in the presentation like he normally would..though there are definitely enough ARMS characters for Spirits, especially DLC like Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle.
Yes, there is a Spirit Board for Min Min (some of which consists of Spirits already in the game.

7NATOR

Smash Master
actually Speaking of Porky, if you are one of the people that believe the Absolute Safe capsule doesn't represent Porky, wouldn't Min-Min getting in actually mean bad news for Porky, because it's implying that despite being a Boss in previous Smash games, he wasn't important enough to even get a Spirit, and that doesn't bold well for being chosen for DLC

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
The thing with Porky is that it's weird that he isn't in this game considering his role in the Mother series and Smash bros. It could be that the Ab Capsule is meant to be him, but in that case why not make him a spirit that upgrades into that? Giygas is understandable, they're a character without form. But Porky does, he has a sprite. And it's not like they're saving him for a fighter slot. Either a boss rush mode is added and he gets re-integrated, or he just isn't put in at all.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing with Porky is that it's weird that he isn't in this game considering his role in the Mother series and Smash bros. It could be that the Ab Capsule is meant to be him, but in that case why not make him a spirit that upgrades into that? Giygas is understandable, they're a character without form. But Porky does, he has a sprite. And it's not like they're saving him for a fighter slot. Either a boss rush mode is added and he gets re-integrated, or he just isn't put in at all.
Honestly, I can just imagine that they chose not to put him in.

There's a handful of characters who don't have Spirits in the game(We have like, 2 of the 6 Prime Hunters from Metroid, and Sylux ISN'T one of them).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
actually Speaking of Porky, if you are one of the people that believe the Absolute Safe capsule doesn't represent Porky, wouldn't Min-Min getting in actually mean bad news for Porky, because it's implying that despite being a Boss in previous Smash games, he wasn't important enough to even get a Spirit, and that doesn't bold well for being chosen for DLC
I mean, if you want to look at it that way, sure. You can just as easily say that Min Min getting in is a one-and-only type situation though. Jumping to conclusions isn’t going to get anyone anywhere, and 1 data point isn’t really enough to go off of. If we see other Spirits become fighters, then ya, it’d be concerning for those who support him like myself. But there’s no trend beyond 1 character thus far.

Also, let’s keep in mind that the ARMS Director specifically asked for Min Min, and she just so happened to have a Spirit. If he would’ve asked for say, Kid Cobra, and we got him as the fighter, then that doesn’t break the “Spirits deconfirm” rule, because Kid Cobra didn’t have a pre-existing Spirit. And thus, this conversation (Spirits are back on the table/don’t deconfirm) wouldn’t have as much implication.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Considering that Ness dad was important enough to have a spirit I don't think the Smash team would consider Porky not important. It is odd that he's not a spirit, but "not important enough" is clearly not the reason.

Shroob

Sup?
Broke: "The Ness Eye glitch means he's being used as a base character for Layton! They have the same kind of eyes!"

Woke:

Same eyes, you say?
1592967511660.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom