• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you guys already discussed this topic, but since ARMS speculation is done, I gotta ask

Do you guys think we might get a character who's legacy is mostly tied to the PC Market. I know i brought up League of Legends like a couple of hours ago, but there are other characters like TF2 Classes, Gorden Freeman, Chell, Reimu, Tracer (who can count for both Console and PC honestly), etc

All of the Characters in Smash are known for their Console Endeavors, So getting one that promotes more of a Crossover between Nintendo Platform and PC Platform could be a benefit. I Don't know how big PC Gaming is in Japan, but it's pretty big everywhere else it seems
I feel confident in a League of Legends rep personally. While the game isn't popular in Japan that much, it is huge in China and pretty popular in the west. And since it's owned by Tencent who is working with Nintendo in a couple different areas I could see them picking a character from LoL to promote Smash and the switch in China.

Really feel like this should be more talked about. There's a lot more there than there is for a lot of the characters who get brought up constantly.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, Call of Duty is almost never talked about in terms of Smash bros despite it's influence and size as a franchise. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm asking it for Smash.
Being a big franchise is not enough to be in Smash. Sakurai have said in the past that character need to have personnality, I think he said that he need to imagine the characters dance or something like that. Sure Call of duty is huge, but how do you translate that to Smash? Who do you even choose to rep the franchise?

Like the same thing could be said about Need for speed. It's one of the best selling franchise of all time, it have a big legacy (more than 20 years of game regularly), and is probably the most recognizable racing game of all time, but nobody would expect something from that franchise in Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean I'm relatively new her, but I imagine the role of the Geno thread as a secondary general speculation thread alongside having a presumed insider there giving out information unrelated to Geno is going to cause some resentment and people looking for reasons to discredit the whole thing. I personally don't take it too seriously, but I've certainly been annoyed that I have to go into the thread of a character I don't care about to find out stuff that is relevant to me like "Dante and Sol Badguy's names have been heard" or "Nintendo has 4 AMAZING secret things coming this year that I'll reveal to a few of you because I love the Geno community so much and no one else on this site". Maybe that's a bit hyperbolic, but you get what I'm saying. I like Fatman and find his theories interesting and nothing justifies the treatment he's gotten, but I don't think it would be controversial to say that the outside perception of the Geno community on these boards would be a lot more positive without him. Maybe I'm wrong though and the Geno community was just as hated before he became an "insider". I certainly wasn't around for K rool and Ridley's community getting hate.
You're right, you are new here.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Captain Price would be dope.

But i feel there are genres that don't work well in a fighting game and COD is one of them. Pretty sure most people would find a COD guy incredibly boring

7NATOR

Smash Master

But i feel there are genres that don't work well in a fighting game and COD is one of them. Pretty sure most people would find a COD guy incredibly boring
You never know, there are always People that crave the COD in Smash

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Being a big franchise is not enough to be in Smash. Sakurai have said in the past that character need to have personnality, I think he said that he need to imagine the characters dance or something like that. Sure Call of duty is huge, but how do you translate that to Smash? Who do you even choose to rep the franchise?

Like the same thing could be said about Need for speed. It's one of the best selling franchise of all time, it have a big legacy (more than 20 years of game regularly), and is probably the most recognizable racing game of all time, but nobody would expect something from that franchise in Smash.
Whachu mean? Just add a straight up car in smash, ez. To be serious, I think you just choose the most popular character from COD if you want to rep a character. In terms of moveset, I guess they could do something similar to Snake.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Whachu mean? Just add a straight up car in smash, ez. To be serious, I think you just choose the most popular character from COD if you want to rep a character. In terms of moveset, I guess they could do something similar to Snake.
Pfft. If they're going to add a car, Hornet from Daytona USA is the obvious choice.

D

Deleted member

The problem with Fatman is that he undoubtedly wants to be an insider and has built up himself as an "insider" but he has no credible track-record of any kind and the stuff he may have gotten "right" is after months of saying otherwise or piggybacking off of the few actual insiders. Remember when he said the Square character was Geno instead of Hero or Erdrick? That sure is an insider for you.

He also uses the wishy-washy "b-but I'm a speculatorrrrr" nonsense for when he's called out for completely making stuff up or having, again, no credible track-record of any kind and then goes back to bull****ting. If he gets something right it's not cause he has any actual insider knowledge but because he's the embodiment of the whole "a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters are eventually gonna get something right" argument.

He said Ryu Hayabusa was gonna be DLC mambo 5, he wasn't. He said Geno was gonna be the Square character instead of Erdrick/Hero, he wasn't. He said a Dark Souls character may be in when the Google Theory was a thing, he wasn't. etc. etc.

Don't pay any mind to him whatsoever, he's very obviously not worth it. Of course I want Geno too but even I can tell you he's not reliable in any way shape or form. That's all I have to say about that. No matter what he says don't listen.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Broke: Rex as the next Xenoblade rep
Woke: Elma as the next Xenoblade rep
Third-eye woke: The protagonist of Xenoblade 3 as the Byleth/Corrin style promotional rep

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
By the way, I wanted to make a last point about Geno and it's about the fact that he was considered in the past. Many Geno fans thinks that because of that he will come eventually and while that had happen sometime (like Chrom being considered for Smash 4, being cut and being back in Ultimate), there's a lot of character that was considered and don't come back. One example of that is the Chorus kids in that got cut from Smash 4, and despite the fact that Rhythm heaven got a new game in 2015 (megamix) Sakurai decided not to bring them back in Ultimate. Dixie kong was also considered in Brawl and never make it as a playable fighters.

I'm not trying to say Geno has no chances, I'm just saying that the fact that he was considered at some point doesn't mean that he will be consider today or that he will be playable.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It doesn't seem like a good idea to start bashing specific users, especially when in this case, it seems to be unprovoked.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Fatman is not, nor has he ever been an insider. He WAS part of an insider Discord once, but he was never privy to any actual information. He got fed the table scraps of leaks, stuff that the ACTUAL insiders weren't sure about, but wanted to mention anyway just in case something came of it. And then every time, without fail, he'd turn around and report that "news" like it was gospel.

We're talking about the man who got kicked from Sabi's public server AND the previously mentioned insider Discord for constantly spreading bull****. The man who's said Geno's coming for years now, only to be proven wrong every time and move the goalposts by coming up with some nonsense excuse as to why the plans didn't pan out when he said they would. The man who used Iwata's death to further his reputation as an "insider".

Fatman doesn't know anything more than you or I do, and it's foolish to believe otherwise.
He didn't report on it like it was 100% happening iirc, it was just names they've heard. Idk about how he was during Brawl and Smash 4, but he never said Geno was 100% coming either even if he thinks his chances are good. Sabi is more questionable, throwing people under the bus and lying and stuff. People were falsely accusing Fatman of asserting things as facts when he made it pretty clear he was theorizing based on stuff he heard and thought could happen, with some stuff having proof of coming from Sabi/the insider discord before Sabi and whoever deciding to kick him out. Even that Burb dude came to an understanding with Fatman not too long after that event.

The only thing he said about Iwata is he thought maybe they'd have a tribute character for him, although I realize that sounds wrong and it is weird to use him in speculation...I don't think he meant anything bad about it, though...but yeah, I guess he did miss there.

And he actually does still get some info from some dudes, and he has confidants who could tell you so if they weren't keeping identities and stuff secret. Including a dude who seemed to hate the Geno thread and stuff he said.

And even if he may be lying or whatever, people in here aren't exactly perfect with how they act about it and did act about it.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
By the way, I wanted to make a last point about Geno and it's about the fact that he was considered in the past. Many Geno fans thinks that because of that he will come eventually and while that had happen sometime (like Chrom being considered for Smash 4, being cut and being back in Ultimate), there's a lot of character that was considered and don't come back. One example of that is the Chorus kids in that got cut from Smash 4, and despite the fact that Rhythm heaven got a new game in 2015 (megamix) Sakurai decided not to bring them back in Ultimate. Dixie kong was also considered in Brawl and never make it as a playable fighters.

I'm not trying to say Geno has no chances, I'm just saying that the fact that he was considered at some point doesn't mean that he will be consider today or that he will be playable.
And Heihachi was considered for Smash 4, but was ditched because he was too complex. Then we got Ryu, Terry, and Min Min to bend the rules further and further. Things are looking up for Heihachi, when suddenly, Mii costumes. Just because it could've happened doesn't man it will.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Can't wait for Warden Honor to make it into Smash, he's an icon who been making the rounds lately. FP 7 for sure.View attachment 276007
Nah he's gonna be a stage cameo on KOF arena and will come with 50 more SamSho songs. Get Terry's tracklist up to the big 100
Smash says ACAB. Not only that, but Byte & Barq are the only spirits on Min Min's Spirit Board to be novice difficulty.
Let's not forget that both Resident Evil and Astral Chain were spirited. Galeem said the only blue lives that matter are Sonic and Mega Man.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Byte & Barq are the only spirits on Min Min's Spirit Board to be novice difficulty.
Probably because they were always unpopular, regardless of how trendy it is to hate cops.

SKX31

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, Call of Duty is almost never talked about in terms of Smash bros despite it's influence and size as a franchise. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm asking it for Smash.
It's probably due to its association with the PC / PS4 / Xbox sphere and its (not entirely unfounded) reputation as a haven for rage I'd imagine. Then again, every fandom has problems.

I could see a CoD / Battlefield character if Nintendo and Activision / EA avoids the real weapons like the AK-47 like the plague. Emphasizing this aspect since, again, real weapons used in modern day conflicts. They could work in fictional weaponry though. If there's any CoD character, then it's likely to be Modern Warfare's main character Captain Price.

A CoD character could be interesting if one draws on the kill-streaks. Attack dogs, EMPs, even drones are part of the kill streak arsenal.

Nah he's gonna be a stage cameo on KOF arena and will come with 50 more SamSho songs. Get Terry's tracklist up to the big 100
The KOF stage needs one song above all else though. The legendary...

Environmental Noises.

(Iregretnothing)

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

There was a Point a User on Gamefaqs made: Sakurai has put in More Characters that he's Dismissed as unfeasible, then he has characters that he has Positivistly Considered.

D

Deleted member

In case you might have missed it, but Xenoblade is getting a Tetris crossover. Has nothing to do with Smash, but it is to note that Nintendo is still looking to promote Xenoblade.
Looks like I'm playing Tetris 99
Third-eye woke: The protagonist of Xenoblade 3 as the Byleth/Corrin style promotional rep
Galaxy brain woke: Bana as the next Xenoblade rep

I can't wait to listen to 'a tragic decision' in smash finally

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There was a Point a User on Gamefaqs made: Sakurai has put in More Characters that he's Dismissed as unfeasible, then he has characters that he has Positivistly Considered.
I'm not sure if that's a reliable thing to go on - Sakurai doesn't seem to talk about characters that he's considered all that often. (not counting the ones that he's dismissed as unfeasible, the only examples that I can think of are Geno, Heihachi, Ninjara, and Takamaru from the Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
The problem with Fatman is that he undoubtedly wants to be an insider and has built up himself as an "insider" but he has no credible track-record of any kind and the stuff he may have gotten "right" is after months of saying otherwise or piggybacking off of the few actual insiders. Remember when he said the Square character was Geno instead of Hero or Erdrick? That sure is an insider for you.

He also uses the wishy-washy "b-but I'm a speculatorrrrr" nonsense for when he's called out for completely making stuff up or having, again, no credible track-record of any kind and then goes back to bull****ting. If he gets something right it's not cause he has any actual insider knowledge but because he's the embodiment of the whole "a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters are eventually gonna get something right" argument.

He said Ryu Hayabusa was gonna be DLC mambo 5, he wasn't. He said Geno was gonna be the Square character instead of Erdrick/Hero, he wasn't. He said a Dark Souls character may be in when the Google Theory was a thing, he wasn't. etc. etc.

Don't pay any mind to him whatsoever, he's very obviously not worth it. Of course I want Geno too but even I can tell you he's not reliable in any way shape or form. That's all I have to say about that. No matter what he says don't listen.
Yeah, I definitely agree with your stance. Not to mention, he tends to mostly be the main reason the Geno thread gets locked down thanks to outsiders connected to him or some conflicting information that causes everyone in it to go into a chaotic meltdown.

Like honestly, I think I'm going to look upon that thread less often from now on. It's something about his presence there and the supporters who're by his side makes me feel uneased.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, I definitely agree with your stance. Not to mention, he tends to mostly be the main reason the Geno thread gets locked down thanks to outsiders connected to him or some conflicting information that causes everyone in it to go into a chaotic meltdown.
That's not the case at all. From what I recall, the only times that the Geno thread has been closed were due to excessive amounts of off-topic discussion or trolls coming here from GameFAQs to stir up trouble.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
BESPOKE: Riki as the first and only assist upgrade. Recovery is just Reyn serving him like a volleyball. Final Smash has him summoning the remaining party members that don't show up in Shulk's final smash for a chain attack, including Shulk himself.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fun fact.

Byte and Barq are the only characters in ARMS that are considered unviable.

Barq tries. He's a good boy, but a very very dumb one.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

TheCJBrine

Pranked!

Except a lot of the stuff you're accusing him of he flat-out said he was speculating/theorizing/he thinks will happen (not for perfect 100%, not everyone should listen) based on stuff he heard in the same posts. He theorized the Square stuff was for Geno and argued against DQ like others would argue against Geno and say it would be DQ, this DQ one even being before he got insider stuff (or before he got deeper into it at least, I know Sabi/PolarPanda was saying stuff around that time late 2018 thinking Geno had a good shot too, and in 2019 he speculated based on other stuff after that when Sabi was starting to get more of an ego but he was still in his discord, and he still didn't make 100% full-proof claims), and the other stuff was similar based on names from Sabi and whoever's stuff. The bird picture, for example, was proven to be from the discord, and he flat-out said in the same posts about it he was speculating/theorizing and I'm pretty sure he was wanting people to calm down when they started taking it too seriously. The guy people wanted to take down Fatman even came to an understanding with him instead after some time.

And he has gotten at least a couple things right in the modern day, things he mentioned before they came to fruition and at least one thing a confidant (the one who heavily disliked him and the Geno thread like y'all do before talking to Fatman in private) could verify he knew before it happened.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you guys already discussed this topic, but since ARMS speculation is done, I gotta ask

Do you guys think we might get a character who's legacy is mostly tied to the PC Market. I know i brought up League of Legends like a couple of hours ago, but there are other characters like TF2 Classes, Gorden Freeman, Chell, Reimu, Tracer (who can count for both Console and PC honestly), etc

All of the Characters in Smash are known for their Console Endeavors, So getting one that promotes more of a Crossover between Nintendo Platform and PC Platform could be a benefit. I Don't know how big PC Gaming is in Japan, but it's pretty big everywhere else it seems
DOOM is easily the biggest in influence and impact and the easiest to fit in a Smash environment. Gordon Freeman is probably the next one up, but DOOM is easier to fit, has more impact on the industry and is more requested by people.

Faso115

Smash Lord
The Devs could literally copy and paste the model of Gordon from GMod, keep the exact gameplay from Half-life 2 and i wouldn't even mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom