• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
My favorite Pokémon will always be Snorlax. He'll never become playable, but at least he has the honor of being one of three Pokémon who has been in every Smash game.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I mean, who DOESN'T want to see Ganondorf finally fully decloned from Captain Falcon.

Seriously, who? I want names for the target list.
Put me on the target list. Although I wish he was a little less acrobatic, I wouldn't change a thing about him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, who DOESN'T want to see Ganondorf finally fully decloned from Captain Falcon.

Seriously, who? I want names for the target list.
I guess that depends on what you mean by decloned...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
On the other hand, I'll always defend BizarroFlame's Ganondorf no matter what:

(Pretty sure he helped create the stereotype of Ganondorfs who - at least try to - go for the disrespect.)
I think there are ways to get the best of both worlds here. Make Dorf more accurate, but center his playstyle around disrespect and heavy-hitting moves that are hard to land, but also very satisfying.

Dead Man's Volley or summoning Pig Ganon to hit the enemy hard could be that, for example. I think Duke of Dorks' take was spot on, in fact.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So if Heihachi gets in, I wonder how Lloyd fans will feel. I feel like they've been asking for him for way longer. Since even before Pac-Man was announced. Some of them saying he was more likely than the icon. But that did not come to pass. And once again another Namco character might be coming to Smash before him.

All the characters I feel has the highest chances currently.

Cinderace
Crash Bandicoot
Geno
Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Master Chief
Rayman
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Sol Badguy (Chances has increased given Spirit Event regarding Arc System)
Sora
Spring Man
Steve
Travis Touchdown
Waluigi

Anyone you guys think I could be missing?
Needs Dante.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would prefer a whole new character in Pig Ganon than a further refined Ganondorf tbh.
I would definitely consider him among the missing Nintendo All-Stars along with Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Toad and Waluigi (As much as I like making fun of him as the "Loser" and **** Dastardly/Robbie Rotten of Smash).

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely consider him among the missing Nintendo All-Stars along with Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Toad and Waluigi (As much as I like making fun of him as the "Loser" and **** Dastardly/Robbie Rotten of Smash).
I had never really considered him an ‘All Star’ until now but you are absolutely right, he’s highly iconic to older gamers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So if Heihachi gets in, I wonder how Lloyd fans will feel. I feel like they've been asking for him for way longer. Since even before Pac-Man was announced. Some of them saying he was more likely than the icon. But that did not come to pass. And once again another Namco character might be coming to Smash before him.

Needs Dante.
That's pretty funny to me, wasn't Lloyd's mii costume added after Heihachi's?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I had never really considered him an ‘All Star’ until now but you are absolutely right, he’s highly iconic to older gamers.
What would also make Ganon unique is being an magic super heavy weight. Do you also think he'd weigh as much as Bowser or King K. Rool? Or perhaps in between or maybe even heavier then them?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
oof, but also awesome! thanks a million :)
I mean Neku COULD still happen for Smash. The way Tansut worded it gives the impression that he only knew about TWEWY2 and nothing else. After all Smash has increased security against leaks now. Basically Tansut didn’t explicitly shoot down Neku for Smash, he just doesn’t know.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
What would also make Ganon unique is being an magic super heavy weight. Do you also think he'd weigh as much as Bowser or King K. Rool? Or perhaps in between or maybe even heavier then them?
I’d have him be K Rool’s weight, I think Bowser being the heaviest character still makes sense based on his body structure.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Highly possible we'll get the Arms character reveal sometime this week. While I am hoping for Min Min...I think we all know who we're getting

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
inb4 we wait until june 30th because that's not technically off date

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean Neku COULD still happen for Smash. The way Tansut worded it gives the impression that he only knew about TWEWY2 and nothing else. After all Smash has increased security against leaks now. Basically Tansut didn’t explicitly shoot down Neku for Smash, he just doesn’t know.
At the same time that doesn't mean Neku's exactly got a good chance

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Highly possible we'll get the Arms character reveal sometime this week. While I am hoping for Min Min...I think we all know who we're getting
I know this is trolling but I actually think it might be him. There's no real reason as to why he's on the graphic and it would make the method of his reveal make a lot more sense

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's kind of what a reboot would be like. Reimagining these characters from the ground up. It's funny how you would say Ganondorf would be "decloned" because in a reboot even Captain Falcon would be reimagined. Everyone would. That's the point. Maybe Ganondorf wouldn't even be in it and they decide to go with pig Ganon instead? Who knows? Falcon himself might be gone!
The only member of the original 12 that I see getting cut is Jigglypuff. Everyone else is far too beloved, and to be honest, I feel like more people would miss the balloon Pokémon than everyone suspects. "Buff the Puff" wasn't exactly a small movement (for lack of a better term) iirc.

There are also characters that don't need, or really shouldn't have redone movesets. I'm sure a reimagined version of Pikachu would pleasantly surprise everyone, but at the same time, Pikachu is not one of the characters people talk about when talking about archaic feeling characters. Further down the scale, could you really imagine Captain Falcon doing anything radically different from what he does now? What would he do? His moveset wasn't based off of anything in the first place and he still doesn't have any workable source material. And then there's characters like Fox and Marth who don't have much source material to work with for a redesign, and on top of this, their movesets are not only iconic to them, but to platform fighters as a whole not unlike how the shoto archetype finds its way into a ton of other fighting games. For characters like these, I'd be willing to bet that people would be happier if they weren't changed at all than if they were made to be completely different. That's not to say you couldn't give them a new attack or two to spice things up, but a full redesign is off the table for them in my opinion.

There's also some characters who are already perfect like Ryu and Ken, but I'm sure nobody's suggesting they get a redesign.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I know this is trolling but I actually think it might be him. There's no real reason as to why he's on the graphic and it would make the method of his reveal make a lot more sense
"This fighter's arms can exteeeend"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Perkilator Perkilator mentioned he’d like Sephiroth to get the Rathalos treatment (dual Boss & AT). Any other characters you’d like to see get this treatment? I mentioned Gruntilda getting this treatment at one point, wouldn’t have minded Black Knight either

and while he’s not an AT but instead in Piranha Plant’s Final Smash, Petey Piranha could double well as a boss. And it would work since you cannot use Final Smashes against Bosses. trust me I’ve tried

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So Perkilator Perkilator mentioned he’d like Sephiroth to get the Rathalos treatment (dual Boss & AT). Any other characters you’d like to see get this treatment? I mentioned Gruntilda getting this treatment at one point, wouldn’t have minded Black Knight either

and while he’s not an AT but instead in Piranha Plant’s Final Smash, Peter Piranha could double well as a boss. And it would work since you cannot use Final Smashes against Bosses. trust me I’ve tried
Kraid boss battle would be epic!

SKX31

Smash Master
The only member of the original 12 that I see getting cut is Jigglypuff. Everyone else is far too beloved, and to be honest, I feel like more people would miss the balloon Pokémon than everyone suspects. "Buff the Puff" wasn't exactly a small movement (for lack of a better term) iirc.
On one hand, yeah I can kinda see that scenario happening, Puff was almost cut from Brawl IIRC.

On the other, nah Jigglypuff's one of the first characters who can inflict statuses on people (even if Sing is oftentimes terrible) and the balloon Pokemon's heavily associated with a certain pro:

_Why_Did_That_Work__Moments_in_Super_Smash_Bros.gif

Kinda think Jigglypuff's been in Smash for so long it's become practically another untouchable.

and while he’s not an AT but instead in Piranha Plant’s Final Smash, Petey Piranha could double well as a boss. And it would work since you cannot use Final Smashes against Bosses. trust me I’ve tried
Geese. If he's not playable, I'd love to see him as a boss / AT because he's the codifier for the SNK Boss.

SKX31

Smash Master
Di...did he just cancel Rest's end lag with Sing?
I think the ledge had to do with that
I don't think so: here's the (timestamped) video. It's much easier to see when the speed's set to 0.25, but he double-jumped and (probably missinput) used Sing.

what do you think the fist on his head is for? his muscles contract and expand at will to reveal his massive buff anchor arm
*Prepares a bottle of Brain Bleach. In case that happens.*

toonito

Smash Ace

and while he’s not an AT but instead in Piranha Plant’s Final Smash, Peter Piranha could double well as a boss. And it would work since you cannot use Final Smashes against Bosses. trust me I’ve tried
idk don't know about dual Boss & AT but below are bosses I'd like to see in Classic Mode

Kamek (:ultyoshi:)
Majora (:ultyounglink:)
Blue (:ultpokemontrainer:): uses :102::058::130: type advantages on
Mew (:ultmewtwo:)
Black Shadow (:ultfalcon:)
Hades (:ultpit:)
Zanza (:ultshulk:)
Big Boss (:ultsnake:)
Dr. Eggman (:ultsonic:)
Dr. Wily (:ultmegaman:)
M. Bison (:ultryu:)
Sephiroth (:ultcloud:)
Zoma, Psaro the Manslayer, Lord Rhapthorne, Calasmos (:ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2::ulthero:; the alt you pick corresponds with the final boss of the alt's home game)
Geese Howard (:ult_terry:)
Gruntilda (:ultbanjokazooie:)

as you can see I liked fighting Ganon and Dracula in classic mode and i'd like to see it expanded further
other bosses I'd like to see

Medeus (:ultmarth:)
:ultkirby:(:ultkingdedede:)
:ultfox:(:ultwolf:)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
Grima (:ultrobin::ultchrom:)
:ultryu:(:ultken:)
Jubileus or Aesir (:ultbayonetta: depends on which Bayo alt you pick)
:ultsamus:(:ultridley:)
:ultmario:(:ultbowser::ultpiranha:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom