• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only member of the original 12 that I see getting cut is Jigglypuff. Everyone else is far too beloved, and to be honest, I feel like more people would miss the balloon Pokémon than everyone suspects. "Buff the Puff" wasn't exactly a small movement (for lack of a better term) iirc.
People threw a huge stink over the loss of Ice Climbers when they got cut, even going as far as wanting a whole Smash game to not exist just so they could stay.

I think its pretty obvious that if Jigglypuff where to ever get cut, that a bunch of previously silent fans will suddenly come out of the woodwork demanding for it to come back into the roster again.

I think at this point, pretty much everyone from the original twelve would instigate an angry mob if any of them where to ever leave the roster..

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
He's literally the announcer for the game and basically a part of the UI. He has plenty reason to be there.
Sure, but it makes sense for him to not be there too. Doubt anyone would have noticed or cared if he wasn't. The fact he is there tells me he's a viable pick nd might just be hidden in plain sight. He's not who I think it getting in but since he's there he's got a chance.
"This fighter's arms can exteeeend"
Two issues with this. His Arms can extend but he doesn't use them in the game. If that's the only thing keeping Biff out too then Twintelle is gone too since she uses her hair

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Two issues with this. His Arms can extend but he doesn't use them in the game. If that's the only thing keeping Biff out too then Twintelle is gone too since she uses her hair
Fair enough but if he was planned to be playable, why wouldn't he just be with the rest of the cast? It's clear that the characters below are who are important. Also I don't understand why Nintendo would include a character from ARMS, a fighting game who doesn't fight. It would be a lot simpler to just go with a character who already has a visualised moveset.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyone know at what time the online open tournament ends today? just in case they make an announcement (or an announcement OF an announcement)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Him finally having a moveset that actually represents the character well is what I assume they mean.
That. But also something completely original, rather than just a mangled version of CF's moveset.

Put me on the target list. Although I wish he was a little less acrobatic, I wouldn't change a thing about him.
*satellite uplink establish*
*ion cannon charging*

I would definitely consider him among the missing Nintendo All-Stars along with Bandana Dee
He's not missing! It's the same damn character as Ganondorf!

So @Perkilator mentioned he’d like Sephiroth to get the Rathalos treatment (dual Boss & AT). Any other characters you’d like to see get this treatment?
Yes, I want all the bosses to also be ATs. So all the current ones, plus:
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Arceus [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer∙Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
anyone know at what time the online open tournament ends today? just in case they make an announcement (or an announcement OF an announcement)
They're on Losers Finals right now, so there are 1-2 matches left in that (as of this writing), and then it's the Grand Finals. Not sure how the tournament works (in the title, it says Regions 5 and 6, 3 and 4), so I'm not sure if that would be the end or the halfway point. (if there are grand finals for both 5/6 and 3/4, and we're only on the first one)

EDIT: It's region 5 and 6, so they're roughly halfway through. If the other one is the same length, I'm assuming that it's going to be another hour or hour and a half beyond this, so around 3:30-4 pm Eastern time.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
That. But also something completely original, rather than just a mangled version of CF's moveset.

*satellite uplink establish*
*ion cannon charging*

He's not missing! It's the same damn character as Ganondorf!

Yes, I want all the bosses to also be ATs. So all the current ones, plus:
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Arceus [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer∙Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]
Dumb question, with Eggman's Death Egg Robot, would it just be the Death Egg Robot, or could we have a variety of his machines from throughout the history of the Sonic games?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Dumb question, with Eggman's Death Egg Robot, would it just be the Death Egg Robot, or could we have a variety of his machines from throughout the history of the Sonic games?
Giving him a bunch of machines is basically giving him a bunch of different boss models.

I'd rather have, ya know, MORE bosses, rather than giving one guy a bunch.

Although I WOULD also like to see the Egg Mobile as an AT, the same way the Wily Capsule is.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
People threw a huge stink over the loss of Ice Climbers when they got cut, even going as far as wanting a whole Smash game to not exist just so they could stay.

I think its pretty obvious that if Jigglypuff where to ever get cut, that a bunch of previously silent fans will suddenly come out of the woodwork demanding for it to come back into the roster again.

I think at this point, pretty much everyone from the original twelve would instigate an angry mob if any of them where to ever leave the roster..
Real talk, I'm happy with the changes Icies got in Ultimate. Wobbling / chainthrowing were seriously absurd, and the changes made Icies' combos from grabs A) much more exciting, and B) carry a better risk / reward ratio.

They're on Losers Finals right now, so there are 1-2 matches left in that (as of this writing), and then it's the Grand Finals. Not sure how the tournament works (in the title, it says Regions 5 and 6, 3 and 4), so I'm not sure if that would be the end or the halfway point. (if there are grand finals for both 5/6 and 3/4, and we're only on the first one)
There are VODs for Regions 7/8, and according to the registration website Regions 1/2 are scheduled for June 20th/21st. The Online Opens run with 8 Regions in total (as they did last year).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would definitely consider him among the missing Nintendo All-Stars along with Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Toad and Waluigi (As much as I like making fun of him as the "Loser" and **** Dastardly/Robbie Rotten of Smash).
Yes, there are a lot of Nintendo All-Stars that are still missing.

:ultmario: Toad + Captain Toad, Toadette, Waluigi
:ultdk: Dixie Kong
:ultlink: Ganon, Impa, Toon Zelda
:ultkirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultpikachu: Meowth + Team Rocket, Eevee + Eeveelutions
:ultvillager: Tom Nook

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yes, there are a lot of Nintendo All-Stars that are still missing.

:ultmario: Toad + Captain Toad, Toadette, Waluigi
:ultdk: Dixie Kong
:ultlink: Ganon, Impa, Toon Zelda
:ultkirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultpikachu: Meowth + Team Rocket, Eevee + Eeveelutions
:ultvillager: Tom Nook
I know people like complaining about Fire Emblem, but I'd add Anna to that list too. She's one of the most recurring characters from her series.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know people like complaining about Fire Emblem, but I'd add Anna to that list too. She's one of the most recurring characters from her series.
Smash Community: U-Ugh but we already have too many Fire Emblem characters and anime swordsmen! No more pleaze! :4pacman:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Excuse you

View attachment 274681

Bara fire cat is adorable.
I don’t trust a character with eyebrows like that. Crash is more trustworthy in this regard.

All I ask for in this pass is for Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, and Travis Touchdown(I also would jump with joy if Quote, Adol, and or Laharl were to be added but I shouldn't push my luck with niche picks after getting Erdrick)

Those are my main three wants, and I hope these fantastic characters get their time to shine
Spring Man’s most likely going to be revealed this month anyways, so there’s that.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Broke: Watching the Open Smash Bros Tournament in the desperate hopes for a character reveal trailer.
Woke: Watching the Open Smash Bros Tournament to watch Isabelle going smoking sick style all over Joker and Bayonetta.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think the main difference is that no one was requesting ZSS, Toon Link, or Sheik as if there was a hole in the roster without them.

They're all-stars, but that's because they're the same character.
I don’t know about that. I know I was requesting for “Cel-Shaded Link” and “Justin Bailey Samus” for Smash 3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reminder.

:ultsamus::ultzss:

:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:

:ultzelda::ultsheik:

What makes Ganon so different?
Literally how does this go against what he said. None of those characters being present change the fact that Ganon, as a character, is present on the roster already, so he's not "missing."

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Call me crazy but I think the choices of those trailers have to mean something. Could it mean Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Byleth, Mario and Shulk will join Smash? Big if true
Imagine thinking that Mario would ever join Smash. You can't make a moveset out of jumping.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
SO NEW QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS!

If Smash HAD to get another Final Fantasy Rep, who would be the best character to get it? I would honestly think Noctis or Yuna.

SKX31

Smash Master
Imagine thinking that Mario would ever join Smash. You can't make a moveset out of jumping.
Yes, one can, but no proper moveset would ignore Hotel Mario as a potential source for Mario's moves.

SO NEW QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS!

If Smash HAD to get another Final Fantasy Rep, who would be the best character to get it? I would honestly think Noctis or Yuna.
Noctis, Terra / Kefka, or Sephiroth. With FF1 Black Mage (with FF3 / Vivi alts), Gilgamesh, Tidus / Yuna and Lightning as runner ups in my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom