• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
"Buh-tty wins!"

If Bubsy ever joins Smash bros as a fighter, you'd be fighting the controls trying to get him to stay on a platform because of how wacky his air movement would be.
Bubsy has one of the fastest running speeds in the game, but as a trade off he is the only fighter who gets fall damage when he doesn't glide.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So an ad for the PS5 has been leaked and mentions an event. We could be getting and digital E3 perhaps. A good chance of an double reveal then of the ARMS rep and FP7.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Since people seem to be keen on the idea of promoting Spring Man to playable status, I'm curious. What other assist trophies (besides Waluigi) would you want to see promoted?
Not an assist, but I've been yearning for Ganon to be promoted to playable.
pre.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While technically not an assist, having Mecha-Fiora be playable would be a dream come true

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Since people seem to be keen on the idea of promoting Spring Man to playable status, I'm curious. What other assist trophies (besides Waluigi) would you want to see promoted?
I don't care if it means Smash Bros now has nine playable characters from Fire Emblem, just gimme Lyn.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Shovel Knight for sure, my most wanted third party by a wide margin. Him getting in as an assist trophy is the ultimate “so close, yet so far” situation.

Also, while I’m not personally invested in Golden Sun, I think Issac deserves his chance.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
For fighter #7 I'm expecting a strong fan request, Waluigi or Geno I guess, or a popular third party like Crash, which would be very fitting for a supposed E3 reveal.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Promoted to Playable:
Zero
Alucard
Bomberman

Promoted to Echoes:
Shadow
Black Knight

Promoted to Mii Costume:
Shovel Knight

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
There is the classic blue design. I thought that's what supporters wanted?
That's what I've been campaigning for, but I had the Ultimate model and figured it couldn't hurt to see "what if the OoT design was used."

What probably further eased me into the thought experiment was how the Oracle design was essentially the Ocarina Ganon wearing classic armor.
Ganon_(Oracle_of_Ages_&_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When I want a new Zelda character, I don't want "new". Ganon is cool, yeah, but goddamn dude the series has six characters and 1/2 and 1/3 respectively hold the same identity, I want new new new.

Basically, I'm in Tingle gang.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what I've been campaigning for, but I had the Ultimate model and figured it couldn't hurt to see "what if the OoT design was used."

What probably further eased me into the thought experiment was how the Oracle design was essentially the Ocarina Ganon wearing classic armor.
View attachment 274208
So would Oracle!Ganon turn into Oracle!Ganondorf as a Final Smash then? :p

But seriously, Pig Ganon would be amazing. He's the only outright missing core Zelda character(playable-wise in Smash. Classic Ganon doesn't even outright appear in Smash as a Spirit. OOT Ganon is extremely different from the Trident-wielding magical badass). Not to say we don't have other missing important ones(some that are one-off, while others are recurring) either. There's so much damn potential among the Zelda cast. It doesn't help the Links are made to be similar to each other, while barely showing off materials from other games. BOTW Link is the first one to really give a nod to the game since OOT Link and TP Link. Young Link and Toon Link barely showed off their games in comparison to Link's three designs...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ara ara,

Nothing's changed in DLC discussion. Damn.

If we're getting a male character as FP7 I'm off to a bad start. Expecting another all-male pass to stress my already stressed life.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
im really really really really stressed and depressed rn and idk if Ill even be here is any of those characters get in smash, if at all
Things are always the worst when your in the present of it. Looking back at it and you’ll feel a lot better about it. Looking forward to other things that’ll make you happy makes it easier. Remember that and keep pushing on and remember everyone here is here for you and you’ll be just fine. Just stay strong Pumpkaboo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
im really really really really stressed and depressed rn and idk if Ill even be here is any of those characters get in smash, if at all
Yo show me a PM Pumpkaboo!

I found some wholesome clips and pics to show ya if ya want!

Not related to current events either if that's what's bugging ya.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ara ara,

If we're getting a male character as FP7 I'm off to a bad start. Expecting another all-male pass to stress my already stressed life.
Stan Lara Croft.

Stan Lara Croft.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ara ara,

There's a ****load of female characters being speculated on for FP6 alone. Don't start.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
So who is y'alls' left field pick prediction for #77?
The fighter pass was decided before the pandemic. And this specific Smash title has paid attention to the western public (Dark Samus, K.Rool, Ridley, Banjo and Cuphead for example).

With E3 being a major event happening in Los Angeles, I'd think #7 is a well-known fighter in the West, just like they did with Banjo (Maybe Crash, Rayman, Doomguy, I don't know), or at least a world-renowned character (As well as were Ryu, Pacman, Snake or Mega Man at the time).

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The longest wait period for Smash dlc so far :ultpacman:
Joker to Hero and Banjo was slightly longer.
But it feels longer since we all knew Hero early.
But on the bright side, this waiting timeline does hint at a double reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom