• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Series that have a stage but no fighter still get their own symbols. It's not unique to Wrecking Crew.
I know that, just that Wrecking Crew is apparently considered a separate entity from the Super Mario bros. series. If that was the case then why does the Mario Bros. stage use a Mushroom instead of a sidewalker?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, apparently Wrecking Crew is distinct enough to get it's own symbol?
Maybe?

However, the Tingle in Smash as a Spirit is from Majora's Mask. The version in later games(HW aside) use his Toon design in most cases. Only the Oracle games is kind of debatable on design whether he's MM or Toon style, but Tingle's own games are specifically his Toon variant.

Which makes sense, since MM Tingle resides in a parallel dimension from Hyrule. He also acts a lot differently in comparison, including a lack of greed and at worst has kind of a creepy design due to being a 35-year old man in a fairy costume. ...The Toon version is even worse.

One thing to note is that the Rabbid Spirits aren't regular Rabbids. They're specifically from Mario + Rabbids, so it's logical to file them under Super Mario since they're that too.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I don't know why we ever try to find consistency within Super Smash Bros itself. Nothing is ever consistent. Sure you can have Chrom beat up Chrom with Robin's final smash but then you have stuff like Knuckles not being able to appear in Green Hill Zone, the Moon not summonable in Great Bay or background Dedede not appearing when King Dedede plays on Dream Land 64.

If the ARMS fighter doesn't turn out to be Spring Man, I half expect Sakurai to say something like "We couldn't include Spring Man because it wouldn't make sense for him to fight himself as an Assist trophy."

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly if it's Min Min over Spring Man, I'm thinking it's not necessarily because he's an assist trophy, but because she was simply more popular.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
So, I've been doing some thinking, never a good idea, I know, but an argument often made against Western characters is lack of popularity, and I'm not quite sure if that's fair to dismiss them for, let's take Crash, we know for a fact he's popular there, but how about another Western Sony property? Nobody would dare say God of War is popular in Japan, at most, people here would be able to say that the games got censored when brought over to Japan. What I recently found out however, is that the newest installment sold 75,608 copies in a couple of weeks there and that the franchise had enough popularity to get referenced in Danganronpa. The reference is left out in the localization but the character clearly says "God of War!" if you set the language to Japanese instead of the Bayonetta reference we got. One thing we often fail to consider is that Japan's gaming community is also smaller than America's gaming community alone, so a Western franchise being able to sell pretty decently despite supposed lack of interest is pretty interesting to me.

TLDR: Japan likes Western **** too including God of War, we're playing their supposed distaste up and should sit in the corner and think about what we did
Well, of course it did well there, ya silly. It delivered the ultimate gameplay experience by way of true terror! Since Japanese is proven to be the most MENACING of all languages according to linguistics professors at Schwoombus University (I can especially testify to this because I hear Takehito Koyasu in my nightmares), the Japanese dub mathematically augments Kratos' inherent intimidation factor x10.

This fact unquestionably makes Kratos' Japanese VA, Kenta Miyake, the very voice of fear itself.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
If the ARMS fighter doesn't turn out to be Spring Man, I half expect Sakurai to say something like "We couldn't include Spring Man because it wouldn't make sense for him to fight himself as an Assist trophy."
This. Or even if it is Spring Man, it wouldn’t surprise me if they just left the AT untouched and we’re just overthinking things.

Though things would probably get super confusing, more so than with the rest, so some type of code string for ”Spring Man (AT) won’t show up if Spring Man (fighter) is on stage” would probably be needed.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, an amiibo restock is listed for June 12th on Best Buy's website for a bunch of Smash amiibo.

Not only that, but a polish retailer has listed another amiibo restock date of September 18th.

Provided these are new amiibo waves, these could provide release windows for the release of Fighter 6 and Fighter 7 due to Amiibo Theory.

I actually threw these dates into mathematical models I've created (based on Amiibo Theory!) to output Smash release dates before and after an amiibo wave, and here's what I got for both.

DLC6:
DLC7:
These release date estimates are not meant to be taken seriously, and are only meant to aid predictions. Sometimes, it will output dates that don't make "conventional sense". However, they do at least provide a decent guidebook I think.
Restocks don't necessarily work as a convincing marker on what will come newcomer wise specifically because they don't need to be related to any updates to the game. Amiibo "Theory" worked previously because the game had to be updated to support Amiibo functionality for brand new Amiibo, whereas these are entirely dependent on the production lines for the Amiibo themselves that have obviously been impacted by current events. The Amiibo restock was originally planned for much earlier, but got pushed back to June due to the production issues surrounding COVID-19. It's almost certainly a coincidence that the Amiibo restock fell on the same month as the ARMS character's release, and saying between June 5th and June 27th for the already announced ARMS character releasing in June doesn't really feel like it says much at all.

Why can Mario get side characters and one-offs but Zelda can't? I always see the argument that "you don't need a Twilight Princess rep because Link is the main character, he reps it just fine" but Mario Galaxy clearly gets a rep in Rosalina even though Mario's the main character and should also rep it just fine.
I mean Rosalina has done far more than any other character outside of the Triforce Trio in Zelda. Skull Kid "appearing 3 times" in Zelda doesn't really mean much when it's just Skull Kids as the race and not the specific character with Majora's Mask that we commonly associate as "Skull Kid." Even Impa doesn't really get much of a chance to do anything outside of Skyward Sword (She's important to OoT, but she barely appears in the game itself). Also, Rosalina just pretty much had timing and interest on her side TBH. Sakurai has just always gone back to the Mario well as opposed to the Zelda one, and at this point in time, there's not a ton of incentive to add another Zelda character as there aren't currently major Zelda characters in a good position timing wise or even popularity wise.

Is it "Fair"? I guess not, but I don't exactly expect Smash to be. Sakurai seems to have chosen to represent the various Zelda games in different ways rather than unique playable fighters as I previously spoke to in my post demonstrating the love Zelda gets in Smash outside of playable fighters. Hyrule Warriors has shown how unique Zelda characters can be when that much time and development is devoted to them, but it's just never been a priority for Smash in the same way it seems.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This. Or even if it is Spring Man, it wouldn’t surprise me if they just left the AT untouched and we’re just overthinking things.

Though things would probably get super confusing, more so than with the rest, so some type of code string for ”Spring Man (AT) won’t show up if Spring Man (fighter) is on stage” would probably be needed.
If they can code certain ATs to disable others and Gray Fox to mention Snake if he's around I don't see disabling the Spring Man AT as a problem.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why can Mario get side characters and one-offs but Zelda can't? I always see the argument that "you don't need a Twilight Princess rep because Link is the main character, he reps it just fine" but Mario Galaxy clearly gets a rep in Rosalina even though Mario's the main character and should also rep it just fine.
I think it comes down to the fact that Mario is just a different series in design from Zelda. Mario and crew are thrown together in quite a few different genres where those characters are playable and have developed strong hardcore, and casual, fan bases.

It isn’t to say Zelda hasn’t done the same, but Zelda is fundamentally different. We don’t have regular spin offs where supporting cast members get more exposure and playable appearances in the way that Mario does, and apparently that’s fine with Nintendo.

If Zelda gets a character, I’d most likely be totally in support of it. I frankly just don’t see it happening, and this only my opinion on why the two series are quite different to each other.

I.D.

Smash Lord
It's not really a secret that the Smash fanbase has a massive case of hindsight bias, really, the most essential reason people believe why Zelda doesn't deserve another character is "because it hasn't happened" and that's about it, everything else is a flimsy post fact rationalization which is why you have people actually arguing Rosalina to be oh so much more important than a character like Midna (for example) because she appears in Mario Kart.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's not really a secret that the Smash fanbase has a massive case of hindsight bias, really, the most essential reason people believe why Zelda doesn't deserve another character is "because it hasn't happened" and that's about it, everything else is a flimsy post fact rationalization which is why you have people actually arguing Rosalina to be oh so much more important than a character like Midna (for example) because she appears in Mario Kart.
Rosalina appears in three Mario platformers, one of which she's even playable. Midna is only in one mainline Zelda game. I don't get the comparison.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rosalina appears in three Mario platformers, one of which she's even playable. Midna is only in one mainline Zelda game. I don't get the comparison.
When the Smash 4 roster was decided, the year was 2012. At that point Rosalina was in Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and made a small cameo in Galaxy 2.

3D World literally couldn't have been a factor.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Nintendo was also pushing Rosalina pretty damn hard during the late Wii/early Wii U era. Like, playable in a mainline Mario game is quite possibly the single biggest status any side character could aim for. And Mario Kart isn't the end all, be all for characters in Smash of course... but also, it's Mario Kart, it definitely inherently makes her a more recognizable character for many people (something even Waluigi has going for him I'll admit).

The thing people have to keep in mind with Mario is that it's Nintendo's Micky Mouse, and they actively develop characters from the ground up these days to appear across multiple roles and across multiple titles. Rosalina was the rare modern Mario character to take a central role in multiple games and really did become quite popular there for a while, becoming one of Nintendo's bigger new characters of the late 2000s. Zelda doesn't intend for its cast to constantly reappear and be integrated in different ways by comparison.

When the Smash 4 roster was decided, the year was 2012. At that point Rosalina was in Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and made a small cameo in Galaxy 2.

3D World literally couldn't have been a factor.
I mean, as a company Nintendo would know the road map for their future games too, especially a mainline 3D Mario title where Rosalina was the only other playable character outside of the core Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. We just saw Nintendo choose Byleth as far back as early 2018 despite not releasing until mid-2019 for example.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think in general, Mario Galaxy is a much more special game than something like Twilight Princess. TP had a lot of hype behind it at first but since then has been typically considered a ho-hum/middling Zelda game. Both Galaxy 1 & 2 on the other hand are considered to be amongst the best games ever made.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, as a company Nintendo would know the road map for their future games too, especially a mainline 3D Mario title where Rosalina was the only other playable character outside of the core Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. We just saw Nintendo choose Byleth as far back as early 2018 despite not releasing until mid-2019 for example.
Nintendo doesn't tell Sakurai everything in advance. If that were the case we'd likely have had Spring Man and Rex in the base game. Hell, Sakurai explicitly stated Marth would've had his Shadow Dragon redesign in Brawl if he knew it was coming.

3D World wasn't a factor for Rosalina, especially since 3D World got no significant content whatsoever in 4.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, Rosalina's role in SMG/SMG2 was that of a support character, and in 3D World she's a secret unlockable character that's not a part of the regular gameplay and can only be found after unlocking the "post-Bowser" levels.

By comparison, Midna is the deuteragonist of TP, Ghirahim and Skull kid are the main antagonists for most of SS/MM, heck, even Tingle has two entire games made with him as the main character.

Even in the Mario series itself, if we're going by number of playable appearances, then Toad, Waluigi and even Paper Mario (at the time of Rosalina's inclusion) had more playable roles than her.

I feel like we're trying way too hard to rationalize something that has very little rhime or reason behind it...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Nintendo doesn't tell Sakurai everything in advance. If that were the case we'd likely have had Spring Man and Rex in the base game. Hell, Sakurai explicitly stated Marth would've had his Shadow Dragon redesign in Brawl if he knew it was coming.

3D World wasn't a factor for Rosalina, especially since 3D World got no significant content whatsoever in 4.
I'm saying Nintendo knew they had plans for Rosalina moving forward and intended to continue including her as a brand new popular Mario side character. Sakurai doesn't know everything, but he does get wind of some things and ideas, and Nintendo certainly works with him to realize Smash in a variety of ways. It's not some incredibly ridiculous notion to say "Hey, we intend on continuing to push this character, so including her works out well." It's not like Super Mario 3D World got her into Smash or that I'm even trying to say that, just that Rosalina was still intended to grow as a Mario side character at that time.

I mean, Rosalina's role in SMG/SMG2 was that of a support character, and in 3D World she's a secret unlockable character that's not a part of the regular gameplay and can only be found after unlocking the "post-Bowser" levels.

By comparison, Midna is the deuteragonist of TP, Ghirahim and Skull kid are the main antagonists for most of SS/MM, heck, even Tingle has two entire games made with him as the main character.

Even in the Mario series itself, if we're going by number of playable appearances, then Toad, Waluigi and even Paper Mario (at the time of Rosalina's inclusion) had more playable roles than her.

I feel like we're trying way too hard to rationalize something that has very little rhime or reason behind it...
We don't have Tingle because Americans are dumb lol. Tingle should have checked every box for an additional Zelda fighter and is actually an interesting character to consider, but then the West decided they were going to hate him and ridicule him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides Rosalina has appeared in mainline Mario games. She's also much more popular one might realize too.

Something Waluigi has yet to have...
Because its the franchise that's home to Nintendo's mascot none other then Mario. It makes sense for it to have lot of representation.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
you know what other series also would make sense to have a lot of representation

zelda
It is without a doubt one of Nintendo's most recognizable and popular franchises but I can understand why Super Mario gets more representation as again Mario is Nintendo's mascot and what started their gaming industry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you know what other series also would make sense to have a lot of representation

zelda
Which it does. It has 6 different characters, tons of stages, items, Assist Trophies, and music. It's never been as big of a series as Mario and has barely any spin-off games made. There's, what, 10? The CD-i games(which Nintendo had to be forced to let happen due to court), Link's Crossbow Training, the three Tingle games, and the three Hyrule Warrior games. And the three HW games also were mostly updated re-releases so maybe 2 at most for the HW series. The rest are main story entries, with at best mini-games. Oh, I forgot about Tetra's Trackers, but I don't think that properly was more than just a mini-game in a game?? I might be wrong. Compared to Mario Kart, the Mario RPG's, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and more...

Yeah, it's pretty clear there's a world of difference. For the most part, Zelda's cast is somewhat similar to Fire Emblem's, where circumstance majorly got characters in, and half have another similar playable character(3 Links, Marth/Lucina, Roy/Chrom. Not meaning Roy plays similar to Marth when I say this. But as I said, "similar", not the same). Zelda is bigger than FE overall, yes, but it also still has more content than FE in return. Playable content isn't the only content that matters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Besides Rosalina has appeared in mainline Mario games. She's also much more popular one might realize too.

Something Waluigi has yet to have...
You managed to somehow miss the entirety of the context for the argument and move the goal posts despite literally all of the needed context being on the same page as your post.

Please read before joining in with non-sequiturs.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know why we ever try to find consistency within Super Smash Bros itself. Nothing is ever consistent. Sure you can have Chrom beat up Chrom with Robin's final smash but then you have stuff like Knuckles not being able to appear in Green Hill Zone, the Moon not summonable in Great Bay or background Dedede not appearing when King Dedede plays on Dream Land 64.

Or Sakurai adding Spring Man and saying.

"Spring Man has joined the battle. Yes you maybe thinking he's an assist trophy but that was no issue given Chrom being in Robin's Final Smash or other characters appearing as stage cameos like Knuckles. Like those such as Alucard when playing as Spring Man they'll simply be disabled.".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, but since this is a crossover fighting game where you play as iconic characters, it's arguably the type of content that matters the most.

Like... I really doubt having stages for X-Men, Okami or Ace Attorney would have made people like MvCI more.
I wasn't debating that. Just that saying all other representation is effectively irrelevant is a poor argument. They absolutely matter too. The thing that had the least impact were Trophies. Stickers/Spirits affect gameplay. Stages do too. Music is also less important, but it's clear the fanbase takes it very seriously, especially after Final Fantasy getting two songs. People were not happy with that. Items blatantly affect gameplay(AT's or otherwise).

This is why I say it's heavily represented. I never said it was represented well at any point, though. I think some more characters and a few more changes in the clones would be enough. There's so much stuff the Links don't use when they could. I know that development is a big reason why they're clones and all, especially since it's the reason we got half of the Zelda roster, but only Ganondorf got a lot of changes. I think the two child Links only got minor changes at best.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

"Spring Man has joined the battle. Yes you maybe thinking he's an assist trophy but that was no issue given Chrom being in Robin's Final Smash or other characters appearing as stage cameos like Knuckles. Like those such as Alucard when playing as Spring Man they'll simply be disabled.".
Noooooooo! Spring Man can't be promoted because that means Assist trophies and spirits don't deconfirm which means Geno will have a chance! :ultpacman:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Noooooooo! Spring Man can't be promoted because that means Assist trophies and spirits don't deconfirm which means Geno will have a chance! :ultpacman:
from how passive agressive Ive seen that thread be toword people, I dont know if I want him in just to knock them down a peg and teach them being passive agressive isnt cute

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, but since this is a crossover fighting game where you play as iconic characters, it's arguably the type of content that matters the most.

Like... I really doubt having stages for X-Men, Okami or Ace Attorney would have made people like MvCI more.
I don't think this is a fair comparison as Zelda didn't lose literally everything it had unlike your MvCI example.
Well, of course it did well there, ya silly. It delivered the ultimate gameplay experience by way of true terror! Since Japanese is proven to be the most MENACING of all languages according to linguistics professors at Schwoombus University (I can especially testify to this because I hear Takehito Koyasu in my nightmares), the Japanese dub mathematically augments Kratos' inherent intimidation factor x10.

This fact unquestionably makes Kratos' Japanese VA, Kenta Miyake, the very voice of fear itself.
Ok but the sales I pulled was the God of War game where Kratos was shown being ****ing terrified

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We don't have Tingle because Americans are dumb lol. Tingle should have checked every box for an additional Zelda fighter and is actually an interesting character to consider, but then the West decided they were going to hate him and ridicule him.
I wouldn't exactly call Americans stupid for disliking a character who fits our description of a stereotypical creep/deadbeat (who I believe treats you and everyone else like crap in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker).

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I wasn't debating that. Just that saying all other representation is effectively irrelevant is a poor argument. They absolutely matter too. The thing that had the least impact were Trophies. Stickers/Spirits affect gameplay. Stages do too. Music is also less important, but it's clear the fanbase takes it very seriously, especially after Final Fantasy getting two songs. People were not happy with that. Items blatantly affect gameplay(AT's or otherwise).

This is why I say it's heavily represented. I never said it was represented well at any point, though. I think some more characters and a few more changes in the clones would be enough. There's so much stuff the Links don't use when they could. I know that development is a big reason why they're clones and all, especially since it's the reason we got half of the Zelda roster, but only Ganondorf got a lot of changes. I think the two child Links only got minor changes at best.
I wasn't debating that other forms of representation are meaningless either... but I would gladly trade a few items, ATs and a few unnecessary older stages (Temple comes to mind easily) for a playable character that isn't a Triforce holder. Or heck, just for a fully original Ganondorf moveset, giving the Masks to Young Link's specials and Magic Meter to Toon Link.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

IMG_20200218_115323.jpg
Anyways, speaking of Assist promotions...what promotions were you hoping for for the base game? It could be an Assist Trophy OR a Poké Ball summon.

For the former, I was hoping for Shadow as a Sonic Echo.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, speaking of Assist promotions...what promotions were you hoping for for the base game? It could be an Assist Trophy OR a Poké Ball summon.
For Assist Trophies, I hope for Waluigi or Nintendog.

For Poke Balls, Meowth, that’s right!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wouldn't exactly call Americans stupid for disliking a character who fits our description of a stereotypical creep/deadbeat (who I believe treats you like crap in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker).
It's a shame that the hated stigma from Wind Waker still carried on Tingle for years to come. In Majora's Mask he was a kind yet weird map maker that flied in balloons, yet the tedious fetch quests in Wind Waker is what sealed the deal for many people. Because of that hate Rosy Rupeeland was never released in America even though it was a very unique and fun game, it's a great game and it sucks that a lot of people missed out on it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's a shame that the hated stigma from Wind Waker still carried on Tingle for years to come. In Majora's Mask he was a kind yet weird map maker that flied in balloons, yet the tedious fetch quests in Wind Waker is what sealed the deal for many people. Because of that hate Rosy Rupeeland was never released in America even though it was a very unique and fun game, it's a great game and it sucks that a lot of people missed out on it.
It's not just the fetch quest either. The guy was a slave driver, which is a complete 180 on his very benevolent MM incarnation. Single WW, every version of Tingle was toned down, though sometimes greedy, to be a lot better as a person. The fetch quest sucked too, mind you. I mean, I find the long sailing fun and all(an unpopular opinion), but as much as I love a good grind, it wasn't a well-made quest piece. The rest of the game was significantly better, and the Tingle Tuner was also a good item for a particular gimmick/game add-on kind of thing. Paying Tingle to drop items from anywhere/bomb places you can't reach, etc? That's cool. Him being a slave-driver and overcharging you to save the world? Not cool.

I'm a giant Tingle fan, but there's no denying he's an awful person in WW alone. Rosy Rupeeland makes the "charge an arm and a leg" bit less bothersome, as this version of the character, though only in hindsight, is from that culture. Now how he treats his brothers? Where'd that come from. Though I haven't played RR just yet, nor looked at all of the story, so I dunno if him suddenly being a slave driver remotely fits within that story either. I know the game has more adult moments that'd need censoring too(one of the final ending scenes where it's clear something sexual happens. At the very least it's pretty hard implied). Its greedy nature may have also been a factor, as if I remember right, not all of the Tingle games made it to Europe either. So I dunno if it's just "Americans Hate Tingle" regardless of that.

I wish they stuck to his MM self. It's good they improved his Toon version after WW and all, but they already had a neat lovable character who was very silly but helpful.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
also
Arguably speaking the only LoZ that feels missing is Ganon and Impa.
if it was solely a matter of who we need and who's missing, not only would we have a much smaller roster, but we might as well stop forever, as there's probably no one character left that needs to be in

does skull kid need to be in? does midna need to be in? does vaati need to be in? well, no, i agree that they don't technically NEED to be in. but they'd still be nice to have.

tl;dr: counting out characters for not being "needed" or saying we should only have these because they're the only ones that "need" to be in is, in my opinion, bad reasoning. i could apply that to pretty much any character left.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know, I find it incredibly distasteful that here we are, discussing 1st party characters like Tingle and some kid who hides behind a spiky mask, or 4 dead people, when we're overlooking arguably the greatest potential pick of all time.

This pick, mind you, would bring a whole new flavor to Smash Ultimate. The moveset potential...has gaming history attached to them, while not even being a gaming character at their core.

An IP that crosses over with many different gaming events, is internationally recognized, and has remained relevant since it's inception...

You're damn right.

It's ****ing Pepsi Man!

Pepsi_Man.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My guesses:
Square Enix: TWEWY2 at the bare minimum if the sudden TWEWY promotion is anything to go by. Maybe another port, like Star Ocean Second Evolution R (hypothetical). Doubt it’s Bravely Default II as we already know that’s coming
Bethesda: Doom Eternal. hopefully also a Fallout game pls I heckin love Fallout
Ubisoft: maybe THIS is what the Rayman copyright renewal is for? Or an Assassin’s Creed game port
Capcom: watch as it’s somehow SFV lmao
Take 2: not familiar with them
Warner: idk
Nintendo: the rumored Mario collection, maybe BOTW2 with a proper title, Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition, a new freakin F-Zero at long last sorry got carried away there

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
You know, I find it incredibly distasteful that here we are, discussing 1st party characters like Tingle and some kid who hides behind a spiky mask, or 4 dead people, when we're overlooking arguably the greatest potential pick of all time.

This pick, mind you, would bring a whole new flavor to Smash Ultimate. The moveset potential...has gaming history attached to them, while not even being a gaming character at their core.

An IP that crosses over with many different gaming events, is internationally recognized, and has remained relevant since it's inception...

You're damn right.

It's ****ing Pepsi Man!

View attachment 273024
If the trailer isn't just the guy from the FMVs eating pizza and saying "Pepsi for Smash Brothers" I will riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom