• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thank you. I think Jackal Lantern had me use a Scare Crow avatar, but I dunno.

I remembered some more too. Another fun one was Purrfect Cell. Literally a wireframe cat avatar.

...I could make an entire roster of these guys. XD
You're basically making your own crossover... IreneBoards when? XD

SKX31

Smash Master
Nah. It's that member's gimmick.
Good thing I've already carved out my gimmicks then.

HyperFalcon
Happily Married Brain
Shiny Metal Bass
Santa's Little Helper
MetalTyrannomon X
Irene
TheRealIrene
Jackal Lantern
Moptimus Prime
All Hail Shadow
Legendary Spirit Tamer
(These are not in a particular order)

And any others from the last year that's listed on my profile. Good to know it's considered my gimmick. it's a good one~
*Adds Chinderblock, when you had the Captain N Simon avatar.*

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's definitely a difference between main character "one-offs" and side character "one-offs".

If the comparison is Fire Emblem protagonists and The Legend of Zelda supporting cast members, it's not really a 1:1 comparison imho. Fire Emblem is designed to have a different cast for every game, so it's no wonder that a mascot crossover would recognize those characters. Zelda is designed to focus on the Triforce wielders, so therefore many supporting cast members are absent from title to title.

Now, frankly, I love me some Zelda characters. I was a big advocate for Ghirahim for Wii U/3DS, and I thought a Champion might get in as a base roster pick for Ultimate. Clearly, neither of those things came to pass.

Similar to Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem usually finds it's protagonists becoming the most popular, and mascots of their franchise. Zelda isn't the same type of series, so at the very least, while I wouldn't say Zelda supporting cast members aren't popular Smash requests, it's not a good comparison to Fire Emblem leads like Roy or Chrom.
But we're talking about Zelda, one of Nintendo's most recognizable brands. Despite being one-off side characters, I think a majority of these Zelda characters are more iconic and recognizable than most, if not all of the FE protagonists. That's why I don't buy, "They weren't the protagonist, therefore they can't rep the game."

I can't give you a solid answer on why we haven't gotten a one-off Zelda side character yet, but I don't it has anything to do with them not being the main protagonist. Sakurai pretty much confirmed this when he admitted that Byleth wasn't his own choice.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You're basically making your own crossover... IreneBoards when? XD
I think making smiles on one of my Discords is enough. >.>;

---------------

Back on track more, I did finish an actual new set of costumes for Brian.

briancolorsa1.png

Only one that took a while was the Pink costume. I had to make the brooch like a bell. I admit the Green Wings on the Green costume was... eh, but they look wing-like enough.

I had to go into my user profile to remember that one.

Now one that came to mind otherwise was Rocky Bouldera.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
A part of me unironically wants a Freddy Fazbear Swordfighter costume and a Gunner one for Monika.
I forgot about that one too.

...And I think I had a special name for that. Maybe? I remember a few;

HyperFalcon
Happily Married Brain
Shiny Metal Bass
Santa's Little Helper
MetalTyrannomon X
Irene
TheRealIrene
Jackal Lantern
Moptimus Prime
All Hail Shadow
Legendary Spirit Tamer

And any others from the last year that's listed on my profile. Good to know it's considered my gimmick. it's a good one~
Oh, I thought you were someone else.

Now I remember you from my days as Nintendo-Spider151.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I forgot about that one too.

...And I think I had a special name for that. Maybe? I remember a few;

HyperFalcon
Happily Married Brain
Shiny Metal Bass
Santa's Little Helper
MetalTyrannomon X
Irene
TheRealIrene
Jackal Lantern
Moptimus Prime
All Hail Shadow
Legendary Spirit Tamer

I remember Legendary Spirit Tamer.

I may or may not have wondered where that user went.

Oh yeah! The title was "Whip it good!"

Final Fantasy found Chocobos and Moogles becoming their mascots, not the protagonists. The protagonists impact players more and get chosen for FF crossovers but they're still far removed from the presence Chocobos have in the series' branding.
I don't think he was referring to those two specifically.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
But we're talking about Zelda, one of Nintendo's most recognizable brands. Despite being one-off side characters, I think a majority of these Zelda characters are more iconic and recognizable than most, if not all of the FE protagonists. That's why I don't buy, "They weren't the protagonist, therefore they can't rep the game."

I can't give you a solid answer on why we haven't gotten a one-off Zelda side character yet, but I don't it has anything to do with them not being the main protagonist. Sakurai pretty much confirmed this when he admitted that Byleth wasn't his first choice.
imo the simple answer is marketing.

They probably consider enough to just update Link to whatever newer game in Smash, 4 was the weird exception where they retained the Twilight Princess designs, but I guess that's because no Ganondorf in Skyward Sword unless you count Demise and they likely weren't with the idea to diversify the designs to the whole series back then.

FE almost always changes cast and thus a new face from game to game, so they go and bring the new protag in a similar move to Pokémon always getting a new rep of the most current Gen "but FE isn't as big as Pokémon!" but Nintendo is a company and they still want people aware of their products, so to them they don't mind.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I can't give you a solid answer on why we haven't gotten a one-off Zelda side character yet, but I don't it has anything to do with them not being the main protagonist. Sakurai pretty much confirmed this when he admitted that Byleth wasn't his own choice.
I mean yeah...but characters aren't just added because they're iconic. It seems pretty clear that Byleth was added as a mix of being a mascot and marketing...a mix that makes it seem a likely Nintendo pick, and less of a Sakurai pick.

Sure, you may not buy it yourself and I don't necessarily blame you. But that's what Smash currently has thus far, and has had for every single franchise with a playable character; the mascot or protagonist.

Not to mention, I would argue that not every single game from a series needs a playable character when the scenery of a stage represents the game in another way. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember Legendary Spirit Tamer.

I may or may not have wondered where that user went.

Oh yeah! The title was "Whip it good!"

I don't think he was referring to those two specifically.
He said FF was like FE and found its protagonists being the mascots, which FF did not. Hence why those two characters weren't mentioned by him. While the rest of the comparison made between the two series specifically mentioned was apt, that part wasn't so much.

Does Sheik count? Yeah she's Zelda but aside from missing a chance to be in TP, she only shows up in Smash and Hyrule Warriors.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Does Sheik count? Yeah she's Zelda but aside from missing a chance to be in TP, she only shows up in Smash and Hyrule Warriors.
Dunno, Sheik is weird in that she got into Smash at all as part of a gimmick, that being Zelda being able to swap to a different form, which was retained in Brawl.

Then Smash 4 happened and they were separated because 3DS.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean yeah...but characters aren't just added because they're iconic.

Sure, you may not buy it yourself and I don't necessarily blame you. But that's what Smash currently has thus far, and has had for every single franchise with a playable character; the mascot or protagonist.

Not to mention, I would argue that not every single game from a series needs a playable character when the scenery of a stage represents the game in another way. But that's just my opinion.
Zelda already has both the mascot and the protagonist (Link).

I don't know what you're arguing. Clearly they go beyond mascots and protagonists, as seen by Piranha Plant. I just pointed out that Sakurai wanted a 3H character who wasn't the main protagonist. What's stopping these Zelda characters? Can someone like Midna or a Champion not get in because that honor is exclusive to Link and Zelda? Couldn't you argue that these characters qualify as a "mascot" for TP or BotW respectively?

Personally, I interpret it as people trying to find a pattern in something that they don't really understand themselves. We make various rules for these Zelda characters that likely don't mean much to Sakurai or anyone involved with Smash. There's always a lot of, "This is different because..." and, "That doesn't count because..."

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just pointed out that Sakurai wanted a 3H character who wasn't the main protagonist.
You didn't do that. You showed that Byleth wasn't Sakurai's choice, not that he would have gone for someone like Hilda or Hubert.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You didn't do that. You showed that Byleth wasn't Sakurai's choice, not that he would have gone for someone like Hilda or Hubert.
We also don't know the full context of the statement as spoken. He could mean it wasn't a personal choice from the game, franchise, or even in general.

He didn't choose Byleth. He also didn't choose Terry, Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, or Hero either. But he could've meant many things by that. Maybe his personal Microsoft choice was Steve or Master Chief. Terry isn't his favorite SNK character last I checked. Joker might've not been his favorite Sega option. Hero's context could be that Erdrick wasn't the core choice, instead being mainly Luminary with the other games represented with smaller bits. Maybe he wanted someone besides Byleth among the main characters.

Who knows.

This is how I feel it's what he meant in the end. That each one has their own context.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And characters like Midna, Ghirahim, and the Champions are equally important as those characters?

I'm not arguing that someone like Beedle or Prince Sidon would've gotten in. Most of the one-off Zelda characters have had fairly significant roles in their games.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And characters like Midna, Ghirahim, and the Champions are equally important as those characters?

I'm not arguing that someone like Beedle or Prince Sidon would've gotten in. Most of the one-off Zelda characters have had fairly significant roles in their games.
I was gonna say the House Leaders, but they are main characters, even if Byleth is still the protag overall. Those are more comparable to the first three.

You said secondary characters so I went for that vein, admittedly not my best choice of words. Even then my previous point still stands: You didn't prove he wanted one of the House Leaders or secondary Three Houses characters, just that Byleth wasn't his choice. He probably wouldn't have wanted a TH character at all, but in the end the higher ups still have the final word.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was gonna say the House Leaders, but they are main characters, even if Byleth is still the protag overall. Those are more comparable to the first three.

You said secondary characters so I went for that vein, admittedly not my best choice of words. Even then my previous point still stands: You didn't prove he wanted one of the House Leaders or secondary Three Houses characters, just that Byleth wasn't his choice. He probably wouldn't have wanted a TH character at all, but in the end the higher ups still have the final word.
I feel it's not exactly that. The way he talks about it, is that he's suggested a character and sees if he can make them work. It wasn't about final word, as he has the final word, but he doesn't choose a specific character. He just chooses whether they work or not.

He never rejected a character among the first five pass characters for moveset reasons. But we don't know of any other rejections either. Besides that, just cause it's not his personal choice doesn't mean he'll say no. If someone will be dismissed, it'd be for a good reason. Personal preference isn't a good reason.

In addition to that, the lack of moveset issues sounds like he barely went through any characters, if any besides the first five. But who knows. Maybe there were licensing issues too that made him reject someone. Or other stuff(things I can't think of).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

In all honesty, how likely is it that Sakurai was talking about anything else besides 3H? Even if we looked at the times Sakurai was in control, when does he ever revisit an older game in a franchise with rotating casts (Pokemon, FE, etc.) so he can add a character? I know it's an assumption to claim he was talking about 3H, but I feel like it's an even bigger assumption to claim he was talking about a different game.

As for what character he would've chosen if he was referring to 3H, well, anyone who isn't Byleth proves my point. If someone less important than the house leaders got in, what's stopping the Zelda characters?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As for what character he would've chosen if he was referring to 3H, well, anyone who isn't Byleth proves my point. If someone less important than the house leaders got in, what's stopping the Zelda characters?
That no secondary 3H characters nor the House Leaders have gotten in so far...

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Zelda already has both the mascot and the protagonist (Link).

I don't know what you're arguing. Clearly they go beyond mascots and protagonists, as seen by Piranha Plant. I just pointed out that Sakurai wanted a 3H character who wasn't the main protagonist. What's stopping these Zelda characters? Can someone like Midna or a Champion not get in because that honor is exclusive to Link and Zelda? Couldn't you argue that these characters qualify as a "mascot" for TP or BotW respectively?

Personally, I interpret it as people trying to find a pattern in something that they don't really understand themselves. We make various rules for these Zelda characters that likely don't mean much to Sakurai or anyone involved with Smash. There's always a lot of, "This is different because..." and, "That doesn't count because..."
Piranha Plant doesn’t really work, because it’s a DLC pick that was essentially a “bonus” and planned for base roster, not a Fighter Pass pick.

I am arguing in terms of Ultimate DLC, mainly because I don’t foresee myself legitimately following speculation for the next Smash. Byleth doesn’t support a side character from Zelda in Ultimate DLC, because while Sakurai might pick someone who wasn’t Byleth, we got Byleth. I believe we can infer then that Nintendo specifically wanted Byleth, and insisted that Sakurai make it happen.

Now, if Nintendo wanted Sakurai to add a Zelda character as DLC, that’s different. But based on past “promotional” 1st party picks, I’m skeptical.

EDIT: Just to be clear, Byleth is just as important, if not more central, to Three Houses. It’s not as if Byleth is a side character in Three Houses.

EDIT 2: Lastly, as far as DLC and Zelda goes, it comes down to this...does Nintendo want to push BOTW2 through Smash DLC? *and* Does Nintendo do that despite not adding a new character from BOTW to Smash Ultimate base game?

Last edited:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
And thus the endless cycle of FE and Zelda discussion continues on..

So I'm not sure if this was asked before but for Terry Sakurai played his classic mode and for Byleth he played squad strike, do you think the ARMS character is gonna have something similar or just normal like with Hero and Banjos? I can see them doing the classic mode again.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

So I'm not sure if this was asked before but for Terry Sakurai played his classic mode and for Byleth he played squad strike, do you think the ARMS character is gonna have something similar or just normal like with Hero and Banjos? I can see them doing the classic mode again.
If it's Spring Man, and Ribbon Girl, he could do a team battle (sort of) like he did with Banjo & Kazooie.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Maybe something that references the Grand Prix with a Max Brass or Coyle stand-in at the end, assuming neither are the playable fighter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

He'll do the ARMS spirit battles.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think any particular franchise "deserves" any amount if characters.

But I do find it extremely peculiar that one of Nintendo's biggest franchises hasn't had a totally original newcomer since Melee. You would think that we would have gotten a "flavor of the month" character like Midna or Ghirahim who, despite not making constant appearences, where still very important to their respective games in the series (the former in my example a deurantagonist, the latter a main antagonist).

I do think there's a very small chance of a BotW (or possibly BotW2) character getting in for promotional reasons, but history doesn't seem to support it for some reason.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Just because a character only appeared in one game doesn't mean they're a one-off side character. A one-off, sure, fine, still disingenous and ignorant of the characters' impact on the franchise, but it's not entirely inaccurate so whatever. But side characters? The Zelda characters typically suggested are Midna, Ghirahim, and Skull Kid. Those aren't side characters, they're pretty important characters in their respective games, and in Midna's case (and Skull Kid to an extent), are the title characters.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think any particular franchise "deserves" any amount if characters.

But I do find it extremely peculiar that one of Nintendo's biggest franchises hasn't had a totally original newcomer since Melee. You would think that we would have gotten a "flavor of the month" character like Midna or Ghirahim who, despite not making constant appearences, where still very important to their respective games in the series (the former in my example a deurantagonist, the latter a main antagonist).

I do think there's a very small chance of a BotW (or possibly BotW2) character getting in for promotional reasons, but history doesn't seem to support it for some reason.
TP and BotW both had poor timing, coming out when development for Smash was almost halfway done. They could've made it work if they really tried, but whoever they chose would likely be one of, if not the last character they'd finalize. Skyward Sword could've gotten a character, but the reception to the game probably didn't make Sakurai feel like it was a necessity.

Admittedly, BotW 2 may have poor timing as well. Really just depends on when they can release it and how much work is done.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The simple truth is that Sakurai rarely chooses characters that aren't main protagonists for Smash.

Basically all we've gotten are:

Focal story female characters (damsels, guides, etc)
Peach
Rosalina & Luma
Zelda/Sheik
Palutena

Villains/Rivals
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Meta Knight
Dedede
Piranha Plant (lol)

Pokemon
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Incineroar

Clones/Semi-Clones/Deriatives
Daisy
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Ganondorf
Dark Samus
Falco
Wolf
Lucina
Dark Pit
Ken

(Jigglypuff was considered a semi-clone of Kirby when she was first added in Smash 64, as weird as that sounds)

A good chunk of these are the cloney/deriative characters that more than likely wouldn't of been included had they'd require to be fully unique. Besides them, all you're left with are major reoccuring villains and important story female characters with multiple appearances within their series. Oh, and Pokemon. And hell, some of those characters like Ridley and K. Rool required years and years of fan demand to be included, despite being prolific villains in major Nintendo IPs.

Sheik is probably the closest thing Smash has to a character like Midna or Ghirahim, in that she was a supporting character only in one game (prior to her inclusion in Melee, anyway) and also features a unique moveset. But like...Sheik is quite literally just Zelda, and originally got in as apart of her transformation gimmick in Melee, and was grandfathered into the series by the time transformations were killed off. So it's a moot point.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Really the most damning evidence against a Zelda side character is that we're currently 83 characters into Smash and we still haven't gotten even a whiff of one save for Sheik who was literally created to serve the purposes of working with Zelda as a main character. Even Brawl's attempted Zelda additions were Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik instead of you know, just Tetra herself. Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past had already defined a huge amount of gaming in 1999 when the original Super Smash Bros. came out, and Zelda has only gotten larger since. Sakurai just has never seemed to be interested in adding fighters from Zelda not related to the main crew and has stuck with developing extra content via stages, items, and assist trophies and various redesigns to the characters themselves already in. It's actually a really damn good example of not only playable fighters matter in Smash.

As it stands now, you have:

Young Link - Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Link - Breath of the Wild
Toon Link - The Wind Waker
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time
Zelda - A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds
Sheik - Ocarina of Time/BOTW

They're actually covering a lot of Zelda history, and the items/stages/assist trophies basically fill out the rest of the series (Midna and Bridge of Eldin - Twilight Princess; Skyloft and Ghirahim - Skyward Sword; Great Bay, Skull Kid, and the Moon - Majora's Mask; Spirit Train - Spirit Tracks). Basically only the Capcom games (which even Hyrule Warriors ignored) and Link's Awakening are really missing in a major representational sense. Obviously you could have characters from several of these titles, but it's not inherently an issue of "representation of games" as you see along the lines of say Kirby.

We're just in a time where a lot of the Zelda characters have kind of lost steam (Skull Kid kind of existed in large part due to the leak shenanigans of 2018 with him, Ghirahim and Midna both have fallen off post their respective chances to miss the boat) and Impa's niche is already actually covered pretty well by Sheik and despite being a rare recurring character, she actually doesn't have that much screen time or even a consistent look.

It's just of complex to look at Zelda in Smash, and like, everything they've done for years indicates just a different set of priorities and ideas for how to adapt the series for Smash. It constantly gets tons of love everywhere outside of fighters in really big ways. Hell, we got a Zelda character back and got one of the most requested veteran changes in Ganondorf finally getting the sword that Smash fans had yelled about for years. The Ganondorf boss fight is one of only two brand new Nintendo bosses in the game. Link's rework to his BOTW form did fundamentally change him a LOT. It may not be what some Zelda fans want, but Zelda really does get a lot of love from Sakurai in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The issue with discussing BotW2 in relation to Smash is that we know **** all about it.
We know Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are involved and... that it's a sequel. That's it.

There really isn't anything to discuss, it's all assumptions and hypotheticals that aren't based on much, if anything, at all.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I think it is worth noting that Sakurai has just gone with the idea of "I need a rep from this series" before.

It's how Zero Suit Samus and Ike were picked in Brawl.
ZSS wasn't a single character in Brawl though so I'm not sure how true that is

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
ZSS wasn't a single character in Brawl though so I'm not sure how true that is
She was still a full new addition though. That wouldn't change the reason for inclusion. Some one had previously quoted Sakurai from a Famitsu column on Zero Suit Samus's inclusion, and his reasoning was basically that he wanted a Metroid character and since Zero Suit Samus was a girl, he thought she'd be a great idea.

EDIT: Here's the post (click on the post's link to see the section from the article he quoted):
Zero Suit Samus says hi

https://www.ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update

Literally just threw her in there as an excuse to say "look guys, we added another Metroid rep! And another female character!".

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, now we got 2 more Metroid characters after that.

For Zelda, really there isn't many characters I can get behind on a personal level. Like Skull Kid and Midna, those two could be okay. I really doubt they'd add 2D Era Ganon, even if he'd actually be pretty cool. And then there's the 4 Champs from BotW, that I honestly couldn't care less about.

Then again, I could think of a couple Metroid and Kirby characters I'd probably like to see more, and most of the important characters of those series are added in now.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's how I see the next The Legend of Zelda character playing out:
  • Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past): A heavy zoner who hopefully doesn't have the worst traits of both archetypes like King Dedede.
  • Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask): A trickster character that centers around interesting debuffs (like turning the opponent into a harmless Deku Scrub).
  • Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minsh Cap): A zoner who uses these weird eye orb thingies as the focus.
  • Wolf Link & Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess): An aggressive character that's somewhat of a grappler (though they aren't a super heavyweight). Wolf Link brings the normal attacks, and Midna handles the special attacks.
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword): Sheik's Echo Fighter.
  • Girahim (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword): A highly defensive character that focuses on blocking and punishing attacks. He can also make a bigger sword that does more damage, but it will break after a certain amount of hits.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
While it's true that they didn't add a new Zelda character, they did re-model Zelda to look like her handheld equivalent and re-did Link to match Breath of the Wild. For all we know with this they figured they did enough justice to Zelda for the moment.

There's definitely potential for other ones. Skull Kid I think is a lost opportunity given how iconic Majora's Mask has become. Champions would also be cool in that they could represent sides of Zelda that exist across the franchise, mainly the different races and sages/champions that exist across games.
The question is if Nintendo feels any of these is worth promoting as DLC.

On the side, talking about the champions since BotW2 is a thing... who would even be the champion chosen among the four?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
On the side, talking about the champions since BotW2 is a thing... who would even be the champion chosen among the four?
I'm going to go ahead and guess none of them. They seem to be a packaged deal like the three house leaders, and I can't see them prioritizing one over the other. If we get a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sequel, I think it'll be Zelda, Ganondorf, Kass (assuming he has a more active role in the next game), Impa if she gets young again for whatever reason, or a character we haven't seen yet.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going to go ahead and guess none of them. They seem to be a packaged deal like the three house leaders, and I can't see them prioritizing one over the other. If we get a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sequel, I think it'll be Zelda, Ganondorf, Kass (assuming he has a more active role in the next game), Impa if she gets young again for whatever reason, or a character we haven't seen yet.
You may joke but

I'd unironically love either Ganoncorpse or Ganonswole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom