• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
SEGA will cry if Sonic is any color that isn't blue because it'll make someone's ****ty OC a reality.

God forbid we get yellow...
We're never gonna get those colors based on Tails and Knuckles.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Octoling - Default is the deep magenta female from Octo Expansion, first male alt is the peach colored male Agent 8, the rest are Splatfest colors. Knight Gray (male), Wizard Burgundy (female), Mayo Light Yellow (female), Ketchup Orange-Red (male), Chaos Gold (female), Order Silver (male).
Imagine if one of the alts was literally just Marina.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
SEGA will cry if Sonic is any color that isn't blue because it'll make someone's ****ty OC a reality.

Yet Sonic Forces exists. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, Sonic Forces can have their OCs, that's the gimmick.

If yellow Sonic gets in Smash, I won't hear the end of Sonichu jokes.

SKX31

Smash Master

I'm still waiting for that Nazo skin:

And for any youngins out there: if anything summed up debates within the Sonic fanbase during the 2000s (the height of 4Kids) it's this guy.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I actually loved the OC idea, and would like to see them do it again in a game that's actually good...

However, I don't think that's really possible without shoehorning them in. That and avatar characters kinda warp the plot around them (I have never seen one be a side character, likely because they wouldn't have any reason for you to care about them) and Sonic the Hedgehog games are better when they're about characters they can actually characterize.

EDIT: Perhaps in the next Sonic racing game or something.

For what it’s worth, I’d say at least two good things came out of it.
I don't know who these guys are or where they came from but they're pretty nice character designs.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I actually loved the OC idea, and would like to see them do it again in a game that's actually good...

However, I don't think that's really possible without shoehorning them in. That and avatar characters kinda warp the plot around them (I have never seen one be a side character, likely because they wouldn't have any reason for you to care about them) and Sonic the Hedgehog games are better when they're about characters they can actually characterize.

I'm mostly joking. Character creators have worked out amazingly for other series, and the Sonic fan base loves OC stuff. Sega would be stupid to ignore them, as infamous as that part of the community is.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

If they were to make a 3D game where you have multiple characters that go through the same levels, like in many of the 2D games and in Heroes, the avatar could just be one of the character options. Then, you’d have access to them without them getting in the way of other characters’ plots.

If they were to ever make a new Chao Garden, in either a new main series game or in a spin-off, avatars would be pretty nice in that, too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe I should swap out Knight Gray and Wizard Burgundy for Unicorn Periwinkle and Narwhal Lilac respectively cause I want all the Splatfest colors to stand out from each other and wear the respective Splatfest shirt with team emblems

plus having two variations of red doesn’t seem right to me

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With my most wanted, Sgt. Cortez it'd be mostly the same as Bowser Jr.

Now there is a good reason for this (Besides me not being very good at colouring in Photoshop and a lack of a decent render for him let alone a Smash fan render). In TimeSplitters 2, when Cortez travels through time he takes the form of a person from that time as seen below.

View attachment 270381

So for alts, I've decided to go for 4 men and 4 women to even out the costumes. Sgt. Cortez is the default, Corporal Hart is his partner and the rest are period specific characters that either Cortez or Hart can transform into.

That reminds me, I've also considered a Koopaling thing for Doomguy as well, using various player models from Quake III.
quakealings.jpg
Explanations:
Ranger: Protagonist of Quake I
Bitterman: Protagonist of Quake II
Sarge: Can be considered Quake III's protagonist since he's the default skin and is prominent in its intro
Doom: He's the Doomguy. Enough said.
Keel: A nod to competitive players disabling all player models except his
Razor: Personal choice
Mynx: So that there's female skins to play as as well
Hunter: Same deal, except she's more popular. For reasons that would have to be censored, hence why I used a piece of official art with a different outfit instead of her in-game model.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So I heard people were discussing potential palettes for their most wanteds... earlier. Here's my belated entry into the ring. All but one of these colors were by me: I had the idea for all of them but couldn't execute the last one.

Prospective Arle Colors in Practice ver Kaite20.png

1. Default: Arle and Carbuncle in their usual blue and yellow combination. Their designs are based on the 20th Anniversary look, which seems to be the standard design for them as of 2011 onwards.
  2. An Amitie inspired coloration. Carbuncle is recolored blue, referencing the blue Puyo. (Perhaps I could've gone with green here, but I think green looks better on 4.)
  3. A Ringo inspired coloration. Carbuncle is recolored red, referencing the red Puyo. Carbuncle's colors from here on out reference Puyo types.
  4. An Ally inspired coloration.
  5. A Tee inspired coloration because I wanted to represent purple characters.
    1. Previously I had Satan here, and his colors still work, but it overlaps with Ally.
  6. A Compile coloration, where Arle has her old hair color and Carbuncle has his old fur color. The orange could also reference the Sun Puyo.
  7. Doppelganger Arle, as an Alt Costume. She has her own names for spells and her own voice clips, but plays exactly alike the other Arle (only difference is where Arle smiles, Doppel smirks, animations are 1 to 1 identical). While here Carbuncle was replaced with a Fakebuncle (longer-than-necessary story short, a very deep cut reference), I actually think it'd just be a pure white Carbuncle referencing the mask in her hands.
  8. Doppel gets a Dark Arle recolor, who is actually the same person as Arle but. Carbuncle takes on the coloration of the character Ecolo.
    1. Previously I had an outright Dark Arle alt, but the way her robes are set up could interfere with how she would move. Also, budget limitations in regards to voice acting and Doppel is a lot closer to how Arle normally looks.
    2. Credit to Kaite20 for that specific recolor, which was beyond my ability due to how tricky it was to make it look good. Though Carbuncle was mine.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Since we’re on the topic, what colors, costumes or alt characters do you want your most wanted newcomers to have?

I’d want Ryu Hayabusa to have both his modern and NES outfit.
For Layton I'd want:
Brown Coat/Hat with Orange shirt (Default)
Light Blue Coat/Hat with white shirt (Luke)
Coral red Coat/Hat with pink shirt (Flora)
Yellow Coat/Hat with white shirt (Emmy)
Purple Coat/Hat with white shirt (Anton)
White Hat/Coat similar to what Layton wears during the party in Miracle Mask.
maxresdefault.jpg
Grey Hat/Coat with red shirt, similar to future Layton
latest_cb=20101105203536.jpg

Even though young college Layton would be a possibility, I feel that it wouldn't match his more confident persona once he gets his hat.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Since we’re on the topic, what colors, costumes or alt characters do you want your most wanted newcomers to have?

Well, my most wanted is Gordon Freeman...
Default: Pretty much how he looks in Half-Life 2.
Alt Costume: Resembling his Half-Life 1 model instead, having a distinctively different HEV suit design. He also gets his ponytail back.
Default 2: Black/grey HEV suit, resembling the Metrocops.
Alt 2: Blue/black HEV suit, resembling the Security Guard NPC.
Default 3: Grey/green HEV suit, resembling Ivan the Space Biker's HEV suit.
Alt 3: Green/white HEV suit, resembling the HECU grunts.
Default 4: Dark green/black HEV suit and white hair, resembling Dr. Breen.
Alt 4: Red/grey HEV suit, resembling Colette Green's HEV suit.

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman

I was worried that I'd actually have to put in the effort to come up with alts for my most wanted newcomers but thankfully several talented people on the internet have done the work for me. I'll just do my most wanted that I haven't seen yet

Honestly, **** a new Paper Mario game, if Nintendo gives me the Doopliss and Fire Mario alts I'll forgive them for Sticker Star and ColorSplash. Easy.

As well as sets for Phoenix Wright and Chun-Li from UMVC3 and Street Fighter V.
Replace the shiny looking alt with this one referencing Detective Fulbright and it's perfect. This costume just works on so many levels. Also DD was amazing don't @ Me.
phoenix wright smash alts (2).png

Of course they could always just go with hobo Nick

hobo nick.jpg

Also I agree that the Alpha costume is a MUST for Chun Li
chun li alt.jpg

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For Layton I'd want:
Brown Coat/Hat with Orange shirt (Default)
Light Blue Coat/Hat with white shirt (Luke)
Coral red Coat/Hat with pink shirt (Flora)
Yellow Coat/Hat with white shirt (Emmy)
Purple Coat/Hat with white shirt (Anton)
White Hat/Coat similar to what Layton wears during the party in Miracle Mask.
View attachment 270392
Grey Hat/Coat with red shirt, similar to future Layton
View attachment 270423

Even though young college Layton would be a possibility, I feel that it wouldn't match his more confident persona once he gets his hat.
Layton's carnival outfit would make for such a good contrast with Mario's tuxedo alt.
I'd kind of like to see it for that in particular.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alts for Crash Bandicoot:
1. Regular
2. Fake Crash
3. Crash with underwater gear
4. Crash with bike gear
5. Crash with airplane clothes
For the rest they could have color pallets that reference other characters like Crunch and they could even have a Coco pallet since she plays identically to Crash in the N. Sane remake.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Why do you always jump to conclusions?
I read it on a YouTube comment on a video talking about a /v/ post that mentioned a Resetera mod who made a Facebook post which got spread to his Linkedin which talked about a YTMND website made by Sakurai's brother's daughter's niece's mailman that said so.

So yeah, seems pretty legit tbh.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I read it on a YouTube comment on a video talking about a /v/ post that mentioned a Resetera mod who made a Facebook post which got spread to his Linkedin which talked about a YTMND website made by Sakurai's brother's daughter's niece's mailman that said so.

I'll only believe it if they post a blurry picture of the character alongside some photos of a new Frosty the Snowman movie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>YTMND

Haven’t heard that name in years...

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Embarrass GIVE Embarrass DOOMGUY Embarrass A Embarrass CLASSIC Embarrass ALT Embarrass
If i were Sakurai i would give all the possible characters a classic alt, im a sucker for retro costumes in modern games.

If we do get Rayman in Smash, i want them to give him his "cuter" look from Rayman 1 and 2 as an Alternate Skin, kinda like Cloud and his AC Alt:

Yes i know he's not that different from his modern look aside from the face, hairstyle, shoes and a scarf (i think it's a scarf?) instead of a hood, but still. I kinda prefer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom