• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think you're misinterpreting my point.

Before Verge said anything about a DQ rep, how many people were predicting one of the four Heroes? If we were to go back to before he put the idea in people's heads, can you honestly say that Erdrick was a character a lot of people were expecting?

As for Joker, Terry, and Byleth, I don't even know someone could pretend like they were predictable. A couple of people on Smashboards liking Joker and Terry doesn't change the fact that they were hardly ever brought up when talking about characters who were most likely to be added as DLC. Byleth might've been an obvious choice if he were one of the first two characters, but most people dead set on the fifth fighter completing the "third-party pass". Dante and KOS-MOS were who people were predicting as F5, not Byleth.
There was a new 'consensus character' every week for FP5, and it was hardly Kos-Mos or Dante for the entirety.
Doomslayer had a huge swing. Crash had a big bump. Arle. Etc.

There was no main character that was expected for FP5- but even still, this board, even youtubers, are hardly the only people who speculate.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Most of my most wanted characters are considered Unexpected characters and ones I get regular flack from for merely bringing up.

1. Reimu Hakurei: Other than being a big Touhou fan, Touhou being around since 1997 if you count PC-98 and basically causing the doujin scene in Japan to blow up even more is a big reason why Touhou should at least be mentioned up and basically being one of the largest Indie series around. Helps that ZUN has admitted he'd like to see some Touhou content in Smash in some form and people are slowly accepting the idea of her possibly getting in.

2. Sol Badguy: The fact there's already Arc System Works spirits in the game and Guilty Gear is one of their longer running franchises does bring Sol into the table. It helps Strive is around the corner and would be the perfect chance for Nintendo and ASW to collab. He'd also stick out compared to the other Fighting game characters in Smash. Personally I can see him working well into Smash.

3. Kazuma Kiryu: Yakuza has blown up very well recently in the West and someone like Kiryu would be a respected addition into Smash. He'd be an interesting Sega rep and the idea of a brawler like him would be fun to see. His Alts being from various incarnations of himself would also be quite a joy to see.

4. Monokuma: Spike Chunsoft and Nintendo have mainly had a close business relationship, especially with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and a couple of other stuff. Monokuma is Spike's most well known character that even people who haven't played Danganronpa know about him compared to others. He'd also stick out well in the third party roster with how unique he'd be.

5. Lu Bu: A true Oddball choice that I know I will get flack for but hear me out. Everyone wants Ryu Hayabusa for a Koei rep and I would love to see him in and all but Dynasty Warriors is one of Koei's most well known properties and they basically created/popularized the Musou subgenre of beat em ups. Koei even had a hand in various other Warriors games and without them, we wouldn't have Hyrule Warriors or other games, even if Koei didn't develop them. Lu Bu has a similar situation as Monokuma in the sense that even those who don't know much about Dynasty Warriors or even Romance of the Three Kingdoms in general know who he is. And given this is Koei's idea of Lu Bu, there shouldn't be an issue adding him in since this version of him is a game character.

Five characters I'd love to see in Smash that'd be unexpected though I pretty much accepted they may not have a lick of a chance to get into Smash and/or I may get weird eyes on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spring Man (Only assist to get promoted)
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario (In response to said Mario anniversary especially given rumors of new Paper Mario game)
Axel Stone
Lloyd Irving
Ryu Hayabusa

My new prediction. Probably and likely wrong like everyone else but whatever.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Any thoughts about a FEH rep and Euden (or any other Dragalia Lost rep) being fighters?
Honestly, some kind of mobile rep does feel like it could be a really good decision.

Not necessarily for straight business, but moreso for showing off that Smash applies to all forms of gaming.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you mean the Square Seven leak or later when he confirmed Edrick as DLC? Those were separate leaks.
Both, I guess.

There's a difference between, "I can't explain why, but I think we're getting a DQ character and it'll be Luminary," and, "Verge listed Luminary as one of the characters. I bet it's him."

I believe you’re misinterpreting mine as well. The point I’m trying to make is that, yeah, on here? Maybe a lot of people weren’t talking about Hero or Terry. But in Japan? Hero was always there. In Latin America? SNK was always there. Joker and Byleth were a surprise I absolutely agree.

We just never look outside our little box. Like, ever.
There's a difference between being a character who's popular and being a character who a lot of people are predicting to get in Smash.

It has nothing to do with looking outside our little bubble. I just don't think there was any place in the world where a lot of people were genuinely expecting Hero or Terry to be one of the five fighters.

There was a new 'consensus character' every week for FP5, and it was hardly Kos-Mos or Dante for the entirety.
Doomslayer had a huge swing. Crash had a big bump. Arle. Etc.

There was no main character that was expected for FP5- but even still, this board, even youtubers, are hardly the only people who speculate.
My main point was that Byleth wasn't who people were expecting back then. Speculation wasn't limited to just Dante and KOS-MOS. I was merely using them as examples.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Personal blind spots do not make characters inherently unexpected, nor do personal biases make characters more expected. Also, after 20 years of speculation and Ultimate ramping up things in terms of how far this crossover will go with third parties, I don't think the whole "unexpected character" angle works when people have started to pull everything under the sun into discussions. The characters we get may not all be frontrunners of discussion in the online Smash speculation communities or with major YouTubers, but they won't be "wholly unexpected fighters."

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Most of my most wanted characters are considered Unexpected characters and ones I get regular flack from for merely bringing up.

1. Reimu Hakurei: Other than being a big Touhou fan, Touhou being around since 1997 if you count PC-98 and basically causing the doujin scene in Japan to blow up even more is a big reason why Touhou should at least be mentioned up and basically being one of the largest Indie series around. Helps that ZUN has admitted he'd like to see some Touhou content in Smash in some form and people are slowly accepting the idea of her possibly getting in.

2. Sol Badguy: The fact there's already Arc System Works spirits in the game and Guilty Gear is one of their longer running franchises does bring Sol into the table. It helps Strive is around the corner and would be the perfect chance for Nintendo and ASW to collab. He'd also stick out compared to the other Fighting game characters in Smash. Personally I can see him working well into Smash.

3. Kazuma Kiryu: Yakuza has blown up very well recently in the West and someone like Kiryu would be a respected addition into Smash. He'd be an interesting Sega rep and the idea of a brawler like him would be fun to see. His Alts being from various incarnations of himself would also be quite a joy to see.

4. Monokuma: Spike Chunsoft and Nintendo have mainly had a close business relationship, especially with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and a couple of other stuff. Monokuma is Spike's most well known character that even people who haven't played Danganronpa know about him compared to others. He'd also stick out well in the third party roster with how unique he'd be.

5. Lu Bu: A true Oddball choice that I know I will get flack for but hear me out. Everyone wants Ryu Hayabusa for a Koei rep and I would love to see him in and all but Dynasty Warriors is one of Koei's most well known properties and they basically created/popularized the Musou subgenre of beat em ups. Koei even had a hand in various other Warriors games and without them, we wouldn't have Hyrule Warriors or other games, even if Koei didn't develop them. Lu Bu has a similar situation as Monokuma in the sense that even those who don't know much about Dynasty Warriors or even Romance of the Three Kingdoms in general know who he is. And given this is Koei's idea of Lu Bu, there shouldn't be an issue adding him in since this version of him is a game character.

Five characters I'd love to see in Smash that'd be unexpected though I pretty much accepted they may not have a lick of a chance to get into Smash and/or I may get weird eyes on.
>Kiryu
p8x3b3s6w7v41.png

Also, someone else recognizing the possibility of Dynasty Warriors! I've suggested Zhao Yun before since he seems to be the protagonist and placed first in multiple popularity polls.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's interesting to note that when Kirby sucks up Hero he turns into Erdrick specifically. Not the Luminary. I theorize it was originally just going to be Erdrick. But that's just a theory.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It's interesting to note that when Kirby sucks up Hero he turns into Erdrick specifically. Not the Luminary. I theorize it was originally just going to be Erdrick. But that's just a theory.
Kirby just wears the typical Hero Class crown.

180px-DQVII_Hero_class.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You mean to say there are other people who speculate besides core fans like El Grande Papi de Jenos?

Surely you must be mistaken. Papi's word is absolute. If he isn't right, then who is? Speculation only occurs here. Anything else doesn't exist.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
>Kiryu
View attachment 270307

Also, someone else recognizing the possibility of Dynasty Warriors! I've suggested Zhao Yun before since he seems to be the protagonist and placed first in multiple popularity polls.
Pogchamp Kiryu is something I did not expect to see today but I am pleased.

And Zhao Yun would be cool too. I kind of lean towards Lu Bu more due to how unique he'd be but Zhao Yun would be a good second choice for a DW rep. Honestly a lot of major characters could work well within Smash, especially since most of them have unique weapons and fighting styles.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I believe you’re misinterpreting mine as well. The point I’m trying to make is that, yeah, on here? Maybe a lot of people weren’t talking about Hero or Terry. But in Japan? Hero was always there. In Latin America? SNK was always there. Joker and Byleth were a surprise I absolutely agree.

We just never look outside our little box. Like, ever.
There's a difference between being a character who's popular and being a character who a lot of people are predicting to get in Smash.

It has nothing to do with looking outside our little bubble. I just don't think there was any place in the world where a lot of people were genuinely expecting Hero or Terry to be one of the five fighters.
As someone who lives in Latin America, I'm with Cosmic on this one. Quite a few people I know love SNK here - most of these are part of my Smash scene, even - but even then, almost nobody expected it to happen.

Heck, I'm a fan of LoL and Smash, but I never really thought about a Champion making it until a few months ago. Same with 2B, Arle and Phoenix Wright, despite playing all of their games beforehand.

It just so happens that "wouldn't this be cool in Smash" is not necessarily the first thing that comes to most people's minds when playing a video game they like. Which... is kinda the point of not being in a bubble, really.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...That's actually Luminary's crown from his own game. It resembles Erdrick's crown in-game.

So no, he still uses a Luminary headgear. It's an easy misconception due to how similar the crowns are.

In addition to that, 11 has more spirits than any other particular game too. I don't mean Hero's Comrades either alone when I say "more spirits". I mean he has more overall than any specific game, being 3, 8, and 4.

The stage obviously points to Luminary, but what'd you expect if he's the final face?

The closest thing is the Boxing Ring Titles, but they're all accurate to in-game character titles. Erdrick is a literal title too, which is why it's like that. Same with The Luminary.

More or less there's no real thing pointing out right to Erdrick being the face at any point during development or the final content. Sakurai probably would've preferred that if he had the choice. But that's only a guess based upon how he really loved Dragon Quest III as is. It's little to go on.

D

Deleted member

Lu Bu: A true Oddball choice that I know I will get flack for but hear me out. Everyone wants Ryu Hayabusa for a Koei rep and I would love to see him in and all but Dynasty Warriors is one of Koei's most well known properties and they basically created/popularized the Musou subgenre of beat em ups. Koei even had a hand in various other Warriors games and without them, we wouldn't have Hyrule Warriors or other games, even if Koei didn't develop them. Lu Bu has a similar situation as Monokuma in the sense that even those who don't know much about Dynasty Warriors or even Romance of the Three Kingdoms in general know who he is. And given this is Koei's idea of Lu Bu, there shouldn't be an issue adding him in since this version of him is a game character.
And Zhao Yun would be cool too. I kind of lean towards Lu Bu more due to how unique he'd be but Zhao Yun would be a good second choice for a DW rep. Honestly a lot of major characters could work well within Smash, especially since most of them have unique weapons and fighting styles.
Whether if it's Zhao Yun or Lu Bu, Dynasty Warriors content in Smash would be great. I'm certainly curious as to what people will start saying about Dynasty Warriors after a reveal cause I imagine some people would probably be like "How do you NOT know what Musou is" despite how few the discussions around the Musou games are within the Smash community beforehand.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Whether if it's Zhao Yun or Lu Bu, Dynasty Warriors content in Smash would be great. I'm certainly curious as to what people will start saying about Dynasty Warriors after a reveal cause I imagine some people would probably be like "How do you NOT know what Musou is" despite how few the discussions around the Musou games are within the Smash community beforehand.
That’s a little more understandable since we have 2 Nintendo exclusive Musou games with Nintendo IP on Switch.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Funny thing, of which I am also guilty:

Smash 64-
"Ness? Captain Falcon? Samus? Who are they? What game is this from?"
*begin super engagement and me checking out these series*

Smash Ultimate-
"WTF is this character? I've never heard of this series"
*still checks out the series but now is predetermined to try to dislike it*

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Funny thing, of which I am also guilty:

Smash 64-
"Ness? Captain Falcon? Samus? Who are they? What game is this from?"
*begin super engagement and me checking out these series*

Smash Ultimate-
"WTF is this character? I've never heard of this series"
*still checks out the series but now is predetermined to try to dislike it*
Ice Climbers were the last characters I didn't recognize in Smash.
I couldn't name Marth and Roy at the time, but I knew of this obscure Japan-only series called Fire Emblem. I've been a Nintendork for a long time. Lol. Hell, the Wii's internet browser was my personal "self satisfaction" device during my early teen years.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ice Climbers were the last characters I didn't recognize in Smash.
I couldn't name Marth and Roy at the time, but I knew of this obscure Japan-only series called Fire Emblem. I've been a Nintendork for a long time. Lol. Hell, the Wii's internet browser was my personal "self satisfaction" device during my early teen years.
Wow- that is some patience. I found more satisfaction looking at Roy than I did trying to use the Wii browser.

Honestly- I didn't know who Snake was when he was revealed.
I knew of SNK and KoF, but not Terry by name.
There are plenty of characters people mention now that I still have to look up (such as Musou above, or Reimu, or well- I guess there is a trend).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They still have to compete with Ryu Hayabusa for the Koei Tecmo rep spot.
I mean that wasn’t what I was getting at it was more about recognition of a series than anything and your telling this to the one of the biggest Hayabusa fans on the boards.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Spring Man (Only assist to get promoted)
Crash Bandicoot
Paper Mario (In response to said Mario anniversary especially given rumors of new Paper Mario game)
Axel Stone
Lloyd Irving
Ryu Hayabusa

My new prediction. Probably and likely wrong like everyone else but whatever.
Did you just add Axel Stone because someone mentioned him as an example of a character that would be unexpected?
Personal blind spots do not make characters inherently unexpected, nor do personal biases make characters more expected. Also, after 20 years of speculation and Ultimate ramping up things in terms of how far this crossover will go with third parties, I don't think the whole "unexpected character" angle works when people have started to pull everything under the sun into discussions. The characters we get may not all be frontrunners of discussion in the online Smash speculation communities or with major YouTubers, but they won't be "wholly unexpected fighters."
A general blindspot does make a character generally unexpected. Sure, there will always be at least one maniac going "Josh from Until Dawn is sooo getting in, I just now it!", but that hardly means a character is expected. If a game is successful enough to have a following, then it's likely that at least some people from said fanbase will be Smash fans. Someone will always think there's a shot.

To say a character was expected because technically every character is expected is arguing semantics.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, some kind of mobile rep does feel like it could be a really good decision.

Not necessarily for straight business, but moreso for showing off that Smash applies to all forms of gaming.
I've wanted Angry Birds for a long time.

I agree- a mobile game character SHOULD be in at this point, its exactly the audience Sakurai talked about when he said he wanted to reach the untapped markets with these new characters.

Candy Crush and Angry Birds are perhaps the faces of mobile gaming- but Angry Birds actually became a known series- with movies and tv shows to popularize the characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I agree- a mobile game character SHOULD be in at this point, its exactly the audience Sakurai talked about when he said he wanted to reach the untapped markets with these new characters.

Candy Crush and Angry Birds are perhaps the faces of mobile gaming- but Angry Birds actually became a known series- with movies and tv shows to popularize the characters.
*cough cough* Dragalia Lost *cough cough*

Um, no need to worry, I had this cough BEFORE the pandemic. You're all fine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

IMO, I'd rather go for some the other stuff as well. Like Granblue Fantasy. Don't get me wrong, those are cool ideas too~

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*cough cough* Dragalia Lost *cough cough*

Um, no need to worry, I had this cough BEFORE the pandemic. You're all fine.
Do you think that Dragalia Lost deserves a character more than Angry Birds?
Could you tell me why?

Id love a PC Character:
- Carmen SanDiego
- Oregon Trailer

I'd love a Mobile character:
- Angry Birds is the clear choice to me

Id love a virtual pet character:
- Agumon (Bandai)

More from Arcade Consoles:
- QBert
- Frogger

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Could you tell me why?
While I can't say it DESERVES it more than Angry Birds (as you said, that has a whole franchise), I think it would be wiser for Nintendo to pick Dragalia Lost because of what it represents: Nintendo's efforts to get into the mobile market. It's their first original IP for mobile, and one of their most successful attempts (I believe it's the third most finacially successful, but I don't remember for certain). It also marks the start of their collaborative efforts with CyGames, one of the main mobile companies in Japan: you probably know them for Granblue Fantasy. On top of that, Nintendo clearly has fate in the game, having allowed THREE crossover events to happen over the course of 1.5 years.

In my honest opinion, I think Dragalia Lost should at least be considered a viable option.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hayabusa isn't unexpected... he'd be fun, sure, but he is highly speculated.
I'm already believing that a LoL rep will be the Hayabusa of FP2, in that they keep being speculated because of a ton of leaks that turn out to be fake.
Could you tell me why?
It's not all about what games get the most sales, or in this case downloads.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have mixed feelings about mobile reps. I understand that they're a legitimate part of the gaming world, but I dread the conversations going forward should an Angry Bird or Candy Crush character get in Smash.

The attachment I have to mobile games is extremely different from the attachment I have with console games.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm already believing that a LoL rep will be the Hayabusa of FP2, in that they keep being speculated because of a ton of leaks that turn out to be fake.

It's not all about what games get the most sales, or in this case downloads.
I have mixed feelings about mobile reps. I understand that they're a legitimate part of the gaming world, but I dread the conversations going forward should an Angry Bird or Candy Crush character get in Smash.

The attachment I have to mobile games is extremely different from the attachment I have with console games.
Many people I know used to tell me that they 'dont game,' (which, is inherently ridiculous, because human beings PLAY, and through play, we grow- we learn about our selves, social guidelines, improving skillsets.... it is human to play games.)
Now, not everyone likes video games, but many were reminded of the human truth that games are for all humans (just not every game for every human).

I think Angry Birds is the game for a mobile game. Not just for sales. But because it was born in the mobile market, and has amassed an entire media franchise around it. Not to mention, they have a unique game with characters who could be INCREDIBLY unique, and stand out from all other characters.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Y’all wanna talk about unexpected characters??

Story of Seasons farmer baby! It’s probably not happening but I’d be remiss not to bring them up again. Unexpected? Check. Perfect fit? Check. Adorable? Check. What more do you need??

Attachments

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Angry Birds would have made sense at one point like a decade ago, but I wouldn't say so anymore. Rovio hasn't exactly kept a clean reputation and is known for dropping the ball constantly, and this is also a particularly western property and I have no clue how much penetration it had in Japan. I also don't know of any interaction that has ever existed between Rovio and Nintendo.

Other mobile game rights are far more accessible. Dragalia Lost being a Nintendo game helps significantly in terms of easily adding content from it to Smash, and the fact crossovers have happened with it and other Nintendo and non-Nintendo games shows they have experience in working with other developers close to Sora.

In terms of more western mobile games, King has the benefit of being under the Activision umbrella, which has had significantly more interaction with Nintendo than Rovio. So it would be way easier to have candy crush content with a Crash newcomer, or things of that sort. It's a partnership that makes more sense.

In fact, because of that I also disagree with the list of PC games to be represented. I'll be surprised if many people can even randomly name the developers or publishers of Oregon Trail or Carmen SanDiego. Not only that, but these games do not adequately describe what PC gaming is like these days. Characters from Valve, Blizzard, or Riot would make a ton more sense as "PC" reps than what you mentioned. Heck, I would put more weight on Guybrush Threepwood than on Oregon Trail.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Angry Birds would have made sense at one point like a decade ago, but I wouldn't say so anymore. Rovio hasn't exactly kept a clean reputation and is known for dropping the ball constantly, and this is also a particularly western property and I have no clue how much penetration it had in Japan. I also don't know of any interaction that has ever existed between Rovio and Nintendo.

Other mobile game rights are far more accessible. Dragalia Lost being a Nintendo game helps significantly in terms of easily adding content from it to Smash, and the fact crossovers have happened with it and other Nintendo and non-Nintendo games shows they have experience in working with other developers close to Sora.

In terms of more western mobile games, King has the benefit of being under the Activision umbrella, which has had significantly more interaction with Nintendo than Rovio. So it would be way easier to have candy crush content with a Crash newcomer, or things of that sort. It's a partnership that makes more sense.

In fact, because of that I also disagree with the list of PC games to be represented. I'll be surprised if many people can even randomly name the developers or publishers of Oregon Trail or Carmen SanDiego. Not only that, but these games do not adequately describe what PC gaming is like these days. Characters from Valve, Blizzard, or Riot would make a ton more sense as "PC" reps than what you mentioned. Heck, I would put more weight on Guybrush Threepwood than on Oregon Trail.
This is all sensible. I do still think that Angry Birds being an entire franchise does push it to the forefront of what a character from a mobile game stands as being.

But I'll keep all of that in mind. I did not know King, thus Candy Crush, were under the Activision umbrella.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Y’all wanna talk about unexpected characters??

Story of Seasons farmer baby! It’s probably not happening but I’d be remiss not to bring them up again. Unexpected? Check. Perfect fit? Check. Adorable? Check. What more do you need??
A cow. That is what I need.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oddball characters?

If I was going for a PC character, my first choice would be Bella Goth.

The Sims is a massive franchise, and she's about the most recurring of a character you can get. It'd be hysterical to see her bringing some of those weird interactions to Smash: the slap, fighting in a cloud, a flirt that debuffs the opponent... And for a final smash: a cinematic where the opponents end up in a swimming pool and the ladder disappears. Instant KO for anyone over 100%.

lol

I also think Warcraft would be interesting if we wanted to talk about new genres - WoW pretty well defines MMORPGs. I don't really know it since I don't play MMOs (I did get hooked on ESO, but only for the 'ES' part of it since I'm on Elder Scrolls withdrawal), but I'm sure they have some character they could use. Or just take an Orc. I've been on a real Orc kick lately. At least I have my character planned out when I do my 10th anniversary playthrough of Skyrim next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom