• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i heckin love fallout, so i'd buy a Vault Boy costume, music track or not (probably not cause most of Fallout's music, at least for 3 onward, is licensed)
I would love to see the reveal of Vault Boy (as a Mii character- don't really want him to be a DLC character within the confines of other Bethesda characters)-

And of course he would need to be matched up to Villager.
Psychopath versus psychopath.

They could even have a cute visual (and cute meaning very off color given Corona) where Vault Boy takes on all the villagers and we see them all ill.

This sounds more highly unrealistic. Why would they stop? Yes, sure, they haven't confirmed Echoes are possible either for the pass. But it's pretty reasonable to believe they wouldn't take a whole pack, due to how easy they are. And obviously bonus fighters are highly unrealistic too. There's actually good reasons to believe some of this. The best they said is that the Challenger Packs are following generally the same formula(they didn't actually confirm spirit events either. But it's pretty obvious they won't skip out on them since Spirit Events still exist as is).

Also, they literally made a pre-purchase DLC Mii Fighter costume. They aren't "done" by that alone. There's literally zero reason to believe they're done with costumes when it's literally part of the Pass by design.
The Mii Costumes are not part of the fighters pass... that's why they cost extra.

The user you quoted just stated that mii costumes weren't confirmed- if you're looking for a reason to believe that its a possiblity, that's because to believe they are making it in is making an assumption.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fallout's loads of fun, but again there's no real iconic central protagonist...but Vault Boy is in all of the marketing. He's got just the right build for a Mii, and I could easily see him taking any of the three weapon styles, either with a fist, a baseball bat, or a ray gun.

The only problems with Fallout in Smash would be the music and the themes in general. Pretty well all of the most well known tracks from Fallout are licensed 50's era songs, and that gets into all kinds of copyright hell, so I doubt he'd come with music. And then of course there's the fact that Fallout's general theme is 50's-esque Americana and Nuclear War, which I can't imagine go over all that well in Japan.

Tangentially related: we like to throw out a bunch of names, but things like Doomguy and Rayman aren't especially popular over there. Meanwhile, we're pretty indifferent to things like Dragon Quest and it's a cultural phenomenon over there. Are there some names that they're throwing out?

SKX31

Smash Master
Funnily enough, we were most likely going to get a playable Slime had SE not allowed Sakurai and the dev team to use Hero.
Slime would've also been a very interesting character, that said. Very different from Plant, would've broken some expectations and pushed speculators in a different direction. Especially since :ultjoker: would've be sandwiched between Plant and Slime (assuming the same order would've been kept - if Slime had been base game the above would've still applied mostly).

Not familiar with how Slime plays (never touched a DQ game myself), but would probably be an interesting choice.

Fallout's loads of fun, but again there's no real iconic central protagonist...but Vault Boy is in all of the marketing. He's got just the right build for a Mii, and I could easily see him taking any of the three weapon styles, either with a fist, a baseball bat, or a ray gun.

The only problems with Fallout in Smash would be the music and the themes in general. Pretty well all of the most well known tracks from Fallout are licensed 50's era songs, and that gets into all kinds of copyright hell, so I doubt he'd come with music. And then of course there's the fact that Fallout's general theme is 50's-esque Americana and Nuclear War, which I can't imagine go over all that well in Japan.
The theme and tone might not be that big of an obstacle really: :ultsnake:'s series deals with nukes, the Cold War, the dangers of information overflow, PMCs, etc. While :ultjoker:'s home game is essentially a scathing critique of present-day Japanese society and its socio-political structure. Both got it of course. There are also two bonafide Japanese icons who were created in the midst of the nuclear age: Godzilla and Astro Boy. Of course, stretching it too far is a major problem, but Sakurai's more lenient with that then might be feared.

The songs though are a valid problem, unless some of them have slipped into public domain. Considering 1950 was 70 years ago (and 1960 60 years ago) now, the chance might as well grow (very slowly) for most songs of the era. Or they might not be so expensive to get really. Only the mega-stars (Elvis etc.) would probably be eternally copyrighted.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tangentially related: we like to throw out a bunch of names, but things like Doomguy and Rayman aren't especially popular over there. Meanwhile, we're pretty indifferent to things like Dragon Quest and it's a cultural phenomenon over there. Are there some names that they're throwing out?
I remember seeing Jibanyan from Yokai-watch in a lot of Japanese Smash poll. Yokai-watch is huge in Japan, but it's rarely discussed here. Even Layton is brought up more despite being less popular and relevant than Yokai-watch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I remember seeing Jibanyan from Yokai-watch in a lot of Japanese Smash poll. Yokai-watch is huge in Japan, but it's rarely discussed here. Even Layton is brought up more despite being less popular and relevant than Yokai-watch.
At the same time Yokai Watch's popularity has been fading away for past 3 years or so in Japan iirc

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is assuming a lot and what I mean by giving it the benefit of the doubt. We saw a video for it back in November and they functioned in game. How the heck is it not ready if it was real?
Because that's still playtesting. They have to be 100% done to be in the presentation. No ifs, ands, or buts.

This point makes no sense. So you're saying that whoever took this video knew about these two costumes but didn't have evidence of any other costume that was released earlier? Right now, nothing for this leak has been confirmed true.
Who says they need to show anything else? That's not evidence of anything.

To add, all of the DLC is done in stages. Sakurai has alluded to this himself. They would have worked on the other 10 costumes first since those would come out first. Additionally, they will be working of the FP6 costumes before these (as we can assume these would be for FP7 and 8 at the earliest). So they are making these 6-9 months in advance. Why would they waste resources here when they still have three other sets (at most) to work on? This isn't reasonable in the slightest, so it's safe to say that, no, they probably would have seen the other Mii Fighter costumes before this.
Except these were probably CP6's first costumes anyway. You are aware it doesn't matter how long it takes to release a costume, right? All they do is license it and tie it to one specific character pack. That's the beginning and the end of it.

Nintendo has not confirmed if they will be doing additional Mii Fighter packs so give any other information the reasonable assumption is its 50/50. You can believe they will do that but it's not confirmed and could go the other way.
The reasonable assumption is 90/10 in favor of them. There's zero reason why they'd stop when they're still doing a costume for Fighter Pass 2. Also, FP6 is a bit off. That'd mean Fighter's Pass 6. Silly thing that bothered me.

They mentioned in all of these videos that they aren't the final build. The stuff isn't done when they make the video so its a moot point. Also "Weird things" never bear fruit. There have been plenty of "weird things" that people assumed meant something but didn't. More likely these things are people putting pieces that aren't there. Human brains love patterns so it will find connections that aren't there.
Where did they say it wasn't the final build in these presentations? Actual question here. Cause that's a fair point. However, it doesn't change that even if it was "Presentable", it was also bought at a time where it could've always been planned for Challenger Pack 6. The timeframe assumes a lot.
This is something interesting to note too; we don't actually know when Id Solftware talked to Nintendo specifically. Sans was 7 months ago. They were asked not till slightly before the Byleth announcement about it. That means the characters could've been asked about even as soon as September, not long before the leak came about for Cacomallow. We have no real timeframe of when the IP could be secured. It very likely was secured only for Fighter's Pass 2 stuff. The closest thing to a Doom rumor was in July 2019, which if that's as soon as they got it, that's actually... something that wouldn't be decided for outside of Fighter's Pass 2.

Here's the problem. None of the Mii Fighter costumes have leaked before, and here we have a video showing two unannounced costumes that have yet to appear in the game all the while other costumes have been released since. The more logically answer is this video was a mod or clever edit to trick people. It hasn't born fruit and likely never will. I think too often Smash bros fans will believe any little thing. This is the case here. This leaks has gotten nothing right a half a year later. It's more likely than not fake.
Verge literally leaked all of Byleth's costumes 10 minutes before. Presentations are at the same time, so he was literally leaked information, even if it's just the video itself not long before. So your claim is incorrect.

So yes, yes, they have. I still think it's likely a mod myself, mainly due to what Gwen said about it being impossible to replicate. Besides the video not being taken down as well, which is a huge red flag. The rest, not so much because we don't know enough about the timeframes either. We know Mii Costumes can take at least half a year minimum. That still matches up here. We already knew they started deciding Fighter's Pass 2. Why can't it be part of that at all? Cause of an assumption of some sorts that just cause it was leaked at one point, it magically was only meant for Byleth? That's just not how it works. Things can leak very early or very late. There's no hard timeframe for a leak alone. Timeframe has never been a strong point. Maybe it will be when we can confirm when Id Software talked to Nintendo(which is the earliest the costume could be licensed).

The only weird thing is aren't leaks usually taken down close to when the actual product comes out? Not that I think that means much, cause they seem to be taken down at random. I don't remember it being always "as soon as possible" either. I still think the video is fake cause it's not taken down in general, but I can't clinch it as it being fake when there's too little information beyond that. There's too many development factors that are severely lacking. We can't pinpoint how early it could be licensed(July might make sense... except that was a rumor of Doomguy in Smash, nothing else. It's safe to say he's not coming either. So we still don't have any real information here to pinpoint it. Just random tidbits that amount to no useful details).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The reasonable assumption is 90/10 in favor of them. There's zero reason why they'd stop when they're still doing a costume for Fighter Pass 2. Also, FP6 is a bit off. That'd mean Fighter's Pass 6. Silly thing that bothered me.
I wouldn't go with assumptions of the masses as an indication of anything that is actually going to happen.
Pairing this with the word 'reasonable' and your own made up statistic of 90/10 is a huge paradox to the point you are intending to make.

As for costumes- did they confirm any costumes for the second Pass? I did not recall that, but you state that we have them confirmed here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Mii Costumes are not part of the fighters pass... that's why they cost extra.

The user you quoted just stated that mii costumes weren't confirmed- if you're looking for a reason to believe that its a possiblity, that's because to believe they are making it in is making an assumption.
Actually, that's wrong. The Fighter's Pass 2 and 1 came with one Mii costume if you buy it the whole thing.

Challenger Packs are specifically presented with Mii Costumes. We do have it confirmed that they haven't stopped producing them.

I wouldn't go with assumptions of the masses as an indication of anything that is actually going to happen.
Pairing this with the word 'reasonable' and your own made up statistic of 90/10 is a huge paradox to the point you are intending to make.

As for costumes- did they confirm any costumes for the second Pass? I did not recall that, but you state that we have them confirmed here.
Yes, Ancient Costume. That's the Second Pass costume. It has been confirmed. This soft confirms them for Challenger Pack presentations.

90/10 is honestly the most logical approach here. There's zero good reason to believe they're done with at all. There's still other costumes from 4 to keep up with alone. They're hyper popular sales-wise, and have little reason to stop. The soft confirmation that they still want them as DLC with the Ancient Costume is pretty much what's nailing it. I only give a 10% as there's a benefit of the doubt it could be the only one. It's just highly unlikely.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, I'm really glad that Slime wasn't the Dragon Quest character. He'd undoubtedly have a fun moveset, but Hero is much better at actually showing both the aesthetic and gameplay of Dragon Quest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I'm really glad that Slime wasn't the Dragon Quest character. He'd undoubtedly have a fun moveset, but Hero is much better at actually showing both the aesthetic and gameplay of Dragon Quest.
...Not really?

They can do literally the same stuff. You can substitute slime's ability to shapeshift or use Slime Knight's skills for every sword move.

Slime can perform all the same spells in general. Albeit, not any different from how each Hero can't use every spell in the list. Slime is a massive spellcaster in his own starring roles(Dragon Quest Monsters).

The only thing Hero really had besides being the protagonist of the franchise in general is that you couldn't really do alts to represent tons of games. Nor show off equipment at all otherwise. To clarify, the alts kind of show off equipment, but only a bit. More specifically, changing out weapons/armors/shields is something only Hero can do, but doesn't as a gameplay mechanic.

So overall it's just a protagonist thing at best. Also, Hero could borrow assets way better than Slime, so he was clearly easier to make.

I.D.

Smash Lord
The thing is, even if those crappy hats are real, why would they even come out alongside an ARMS character. Characters don't necessarily come out with mii costumes related to them, but if there is a direct relationship between a DLC character and a DLC mii costume they will always pair them up for obvious reasons (Joker with Persona mii costumes, Hero with DQ mii costumes, etc).

Thinking that they were made 8 months in advance to come out with the ARMS character might not be that crazy, but the "leak" is obviously made to make people think that Geno and Doomguy are coming, and if that is the case the mii costumes would come alongside them, and if THAT is the case then these hats have been made sooooooooooo far in advance it's just ridiculous.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think that interview with Marty pretty much seals Cacomallow as fake. He wouldn’t say that nothing came out of talking with Nintendo if they were getting a costume. Don’t get why that interview deconfirms Doomguy but not the costume for some people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think that interview with Marty pretty much seals Cacomallow as fake. He wouldn’t say that nothing came out of talking with Nintendo if they were getting a costume. Don’t get why that interview deconfirms Doomguy but not the costume for some people.
From what I found, the original interview in itself was September 2018. It has no bearing on Fighter's Pass 2 at this point at all. It's way too early to exist.

Also, the wording only still implies it refers solely to the idea of him being playable, but seeing as how the original interview was only before Fighter's Pass 1, that's irrelevant. Fighter's Pass 2 stuff is completely in the air here.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
From what I found, the original interview in itself was September 2018. It has no bearing on Fighter's Pass 2 at this point at all. It's way too early to exist.

Also, the wording only still implies it refers solely to the idea of him being playable, but seeing as how the original interview was only before Fighter's Pass 1, that's irrelevant. Fighter's Pass 2 stuff is completely in the air here.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/21/doom-eternal-preview-interview-chess-arcade-shooter-12095644/

This was a couple of days before the Byleth announcement – GC
Don’t know where you’re getting the idea that this interview was from 2018. It was very clearly in January of this year.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So A thought occurred to me, I want to gauge your guy's opinions

Do you think there are characters that have actual evidence for them being in? and not just, "this character is popular and requested"? I want to see what you guys think
Geno has a **** ton of evidence so yeah
Say these were the six characters based on the rumors?

76: Minmin
77: Rayman
78: Ahri
79: Doom Slayer
80: Dante
81: Geno

What would everyone's overall thoughts be on this Pass?
This is all great but who’s Ahri

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/21/doom-eternal-preview-interview-chess-arcade-shooter-12095644/

Don’t know where you’re getting the idea that this interview was from 2018. It was very clearly in January of this year.
That's not the original interview here. That's them discussing the fact the talked to Nintendo in the past.

When they asked Nintendo in the actual past, that was September 2018. Look closer. They do not list when the other interview between Id Software and Nintendo happened.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible This is the actual first time they talked, and what your interview in question is referring to.

Basically there's nothing really clear about when those costumes, if they were somehow real, were actually licensed. The interview also notes that they may talk later, so they're at least remotely possible... well, if it was possible for the video to stay up, pretty much the only real evidence they should be fake.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that either Doomguy or Geno are getting in. I think that the Dragonborn from Skyrim is a far more likely Bethesda character.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, I feel like we have to be careful with the whole "Banjo & Kazooie were argued against for X reason so that means character Y doesn't have to worry about those challenges getting in" dialogue. In general, I think we need to be more careful with the whole "fan rule (or general idea) is broken, therefore we shouldn't bring it up again" as well. It's possible for certain characters to merely be exceptions to existing rules and not outright destroy their validity. People can say Banjo-Kazooie was a dead franchise and still got into Smash, but that kind of ignores the absolutely incredible set of circumstances that put Banjo & Kazooie in quite possibly the best position they could have been:
  1. They were characters that Nintendo had formerly owned outright and were major faces of the N64 generation to begin with from a Nintendo published title perspective.
  2. They became quite possibly the most requested fighters in Smash after people realized they might be possible.
  3. Nintendo and Microsoft had started working together and building a much deeper relationship.
  4. They had a major player at Microsoft not only willing to put them into Smash, but managed to be a vocal supporter of the idea at a nearly perfect moment with the Ballot's arrival in 2015.
Those things were basically the perfect storm, and it's highly unlikely we'll ever see another character from a similar-ish position pull all of those positives out like that. Banjo & Kazooie and Bayonetta both are examples of characters that people cite in regards to breaking the "rules" at various moments, but much like how ARMS is likely in a rather unique situation when talking upgrades, these franchises were in more unique situations that positively benefited their inclusions in Smash. And that's not to say other fighters can't overcome issues, just that we have to look at the whole picture on a case by case basis and not be so keen to throw the backbone of any sort of genuine speculative discussion out the window when an idea or rule might be challenged by a new inclusion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually, that's wrong. The Fighter's Pass 2 and 1 came with one Mii costume if you buy it the whole thing.

Challenger Packs are specifically presented with Mii Costumes. We do have it confirmed that they haven't stopped producing them.

Yes, Ancient Costume. That's the Second Pass costume. It has been confirmed. This soft confirms them for Challenger Pack presentations.

90/10 is honestly the most logical approach here. There's zero good reason to believe they're done with at all. There's still other costumes from 4 to keep up with alone. They're hyper popular sales-wise, and have little reason to stop. The soft confirmation that they still want them as DLC with the Ancient Costume is pretty much what's nailing it. I only give a 10% as there's a benefit of the doubt it could be the only one. It's just highly unlikely.
How is making up an arbitrary number something that benefits you here? How is making up a statistic a "logical" approach? I'm going to assume this is something based on your own, uncategorized, anecdotal feelings.

Making up numbers and calling them logic, when they are your feelings and based on your experiences (including those you read second hand), does not constitute as statistics. It certainly not something you can continue to throw around as if it means anything.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How is making up an arbitrary number something that benefits you here? How is making up a statistic a "logical" approach? I'm going to assume this is something based on your own, uncategorized, anecdotal feelings.

Making up numbers and calling them logic, when they are your feelings and based on your experiences (including those you read second hand), does not constitute as statistics.
Okay, then tell me why on earth I should believe they're not coming at all when we have both precedent and know the fact Mii costumes were still being worked on for any part of Fighter's Pass 2.

Sure, I could say 66.66666666666666% since there's 3 factors. It doesn't matter what the number is. They're still far more likely than not in the end because there's "they didn't say it" VS "we know costumes still exist", "precedent", and that they generally spoke on how FP2 were be practically the same. Or I could say 75% since 3 things are in its favor.

Give a real reason to not believe they're coming. "Cause they don't have to" is just not a reason to convince anyone.

Ergo? Expect them. Of course, expect is just a reasonable way to look at it. That doesn't mean it will happen either. We expected Shadow as an echo, but didn't get him either. Expecting isn't confirmed. But it's a realistic approach to it. When we have an actual reason to believe costumes won't continue(like ARMS not coming with them, or Sakurai telling us that), there's a good reason to think they're done with.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Pardon me if I'm interrupting anything, but what do you guys think about the chances of Dragalia Lost getting a fighter in the future?
Spirit event at the very most, maybe a mii costume if Nintendo is bored.

Also when it comes to the “franchise first has to be the main character” I feel it’s a little inaccurate.
Pikachu is more of a mascot then anything, and people like Scorpion and Monokuma aren’t the main characters of their games but they are the poster child’s.
I feel it either has to be the main character or Mascot, also consider how Sakurai would’ve done slime no problem if his hero idea was shot down.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think that either Doomguy or Geno are getting in. I think that the Dragonborn from Skyrim is a far more likely Bethesda character.
Not necessarily. Skyrim may have been huge but as of right now Doom is by far Bethesda’s leading franchise. Doom is in the public eye right now and Nintendo fans can play 6 Doom games on their Switch once Eternal releases. Besides that Doom has a ton of video game legacy and a major amount of fan support in comparison to Dragonborn.

So in comparison Doom has all of that vs. Skyrim big. I would love either but I would prefer Doom Slayer.

Think of it like the kind of Banjo effect. Banjo was far and away the most popular MS character despite Master Chief and Steve being more recognizable. Doom Slayer would be the Banjo in this and Dragonborn the Steve.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We really trying to argue with someone who's claiming that V2 wasn't decided by September 2019 ignoring how there's literally zero evidence behind that claim huh
I don't know, let me check where we are.

ay.png

Mhm, looks about right.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Okay, then tell me why on earth I should believe they're not coming at all when we have both precedent and know the fact Mii costumes were still being worked on for any part of Fighter's Pass 2.

Sure, I could say 66.66666666666666% since there's 3 factors. It doesn't matter what the number is. They're still far more likely than not in the end because there's "they didn't say it" VS "we know costumes still exist", "precedent", and that they generally spoke on how FP2 were be practically the same. Or I could say 75% since 3 things are in its favor.

Give a real reason to not believe they're coming. "Cause they don't have to" is just not a reason to convince anyone.

Ergo? Expect them. Of course, expect is just a reasonable way to look at it. That doesn't mean it will happen either. We expected Shadow as an echo, but didn't get him either. Expecting isn't confirmed. But it's a realistic approach to it. When we have an actual reason to believe costumes won't continue(like ARMS not coming with them, or Sakurai telling us that), there's a good reason to think they're done with.
Actually, 'because they don't have to' is a perectly acceptable reason.
A gift mii costume, the one you keep referencing, is not the same as mii costumes.
It doesn't seem to matter if I come up with a reason, because you'll just tell me you dont think so, and apparently go so far as to make up numbers along the way and call them facts. Do you see how doing that was problematic? It invalidates the rest of your conversation, and thusly, any conversation we can have.

List all your reasons, sure. Misnaming intentionally just makes this whole conversation unworthwhile.

The point that youre refuting is that you are making the assumption that these packs are coming. All that I, and I believe the user I quoted, ever stated, is that mii challenger packs are not confirmed. The one making assumptions here is *you,* and therefore, you are wrong. When they get confirmed for one fighter pass, then sure- you can go on with that pattern.

Why wouldn't they right now? Very simple. Because they take resources. And who knows what resources the team even has right now? Maybe they even PLANNED on doing mii fighters, but had to forego it because half their team is ill. We could postulate on this for hours, but it is ultimately just that- postulation.

Not necessarily. Skyrim may have been huge but as of right now Doom is by far Bethesda’s leading franchise. Doom is in the public eye right now and Nintendo fans can play 6 Doom games on their Switch once Eternal releases. Besides that Doom has a ton of video game legacy and a major amount of fan support in comparison to Dragonborn.

So in comparison Doom has all of that vs. Skyrim big. I would love either but I would prefer Doom Slayer.

Think of it like the kind of Banjo effect. Banjo was far and away the most popular MS character despite Master Chief and Steve being more recognizable. Doom Slayer would be the Banjo in this and Dragonborn the Steve.
Except- that Banjo and Kazooie had an unparalleled Nintendo connection. Dragonborn ... is available on the Switch, several years after it was played on every other device. That's a pretty big difference.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A gift mii costume, the one you keep referencing, is not the same as mii costumes.
It doesn't seem to matter if I come up with a reason, because you'll just tell me you dont think so, and apparently go so far as to make up numbers along the way and call them facts. Do you see how doing that was problematic? It invalidates the rest of your conversation, and thusly, any conversation we can have.

List all your reasons, sure. Misnaming intentionally just makes this whole conversation unworthwhile.

The point that youre refuting is that you are making the assumption that these packs are coming. All that I, and I believe the user I quoted, ever stated, is that mii challenger packs are not confirmed. The one making assumptions here is *you,* and therefore, you are wrong. When they get confirmed for one fighter pass, then sure- you can go on with that pattern.

Why wouldn't they right now? Very simple. Because they take resources. And who knows what resources the team even has right now? Maybe they even PLANNED on doing mii fighters, but had to forego it because half their team is ill. We could postulate on this for hours, but it is ultimately just that- postulation.

Except- that Banjo and Kazooie had an unparalleled Nintendo connection. Dragonborn ... is available on the Switch, several years after it was played on every other device. That's a pretty big difference.
Said Switch port was the very first third party title revealed for the Switch, and even featured Link's BOTW outfit as an unlockable bonus.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Said Switch port was the very first third party title revealed for the Switch, and even featured Link's BOTW outfit as an unlockable bonus.
Are you intending to make the point that this makes Skyrim an equivalent comparison to Banjo Kazooie- a series at the time that was featured on the box for the N64, was owned by the company, spawned three games exclusive to Nintendo platforms, etc etc?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Are you intending to make the point that this makes Skyrim an equivalent comparison to Banjo Kazooie- a series at the time that was featured on the box for the N64, was owned by the company, spawned three games exclusive to Nintendo platforms, etc etc?
No. Just me saying something that would make Bethesda more likely to choose the Dragonborn. Also, Doomguy is hard deconfirmed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They don't need to be the same term at all. Because there's more evidence they're still making them than not.

There's little difference in the end. You have to pay to get the costumes. What difference besides how they're released?

I'll stick to the pattern because it's the most logical one. I am not seeing any good reasons to cut them.

These resources are so hard that even random people online are making actual good-looking ones.

Pretty good resources, considering they just confirmed 6 more characters in a row over 2 years. Not 5 characters over 1 year. Time isn't a remote issue and we both know that.

So yeah, I'm choosing to believe it's coming. I don't believe resources are a problem. I do believe the pattern will consist.

Neither of us are convinced, so best to move on. I agree we'd go in circles here.

No. Just me saying something that would make Bethesda more likely to choose the Dragonborn. Also, Doomguy is hard deconfirmed.
...For Pass 1 at least. We don't know actually when the original interview the January one refers to. Likely the 2018 interview, where all they said was "we talked to them".

The problem is we have no actual real information as much as we thought we did. The January interview was heavily misread. Unless it refers to yet another later interview, then maybe it means for Pass 2. It's more like a soft disconfirmation with the context we have at best.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hold up. So what your saying is that the studio that has actually bantered and asked for a specific character in Smash over at Bethesda disconfirming a said character makes the character that hasn’t been brought up to our knowledge more likely? So when Sakurai couldn’t add Snake and Sonic in Melee that immediately made Simon Belmont and Billy Hatcher more likely? That’s kind of backwards ain’t it?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hold up. So what your saying is that the studio that has actually bantered and asked for a specific character in Smash over at Bethesda disconfirming a said character makes the character that hasn’t been brought up to our knowledge more likely? So when Sakurai couldn’t add Snake and Sonic in Melee that immediately made Simon Belmont and Billy Hatcher more likely? That’s kind of backwards ain’t it?
It makes them more likely by default because any possible percentage is bigger than 0.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While you guys are over there arguing about whoever is right about something someone said on the internet, I'm gonna think about if we're gonna get another cool unexpected throwback character like Terry. Hayabusa would be pretty cool, or maybe a beat-em-up character like Double Dragon or Streets of Rage.

Today I learned that Double Dragon is now owned by ArcSys, so that's cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I definitely do expect at least one unexpected character, maybe more.

I'm very certain on Hayabusa as Will mentioned above given Tecmo helping with the game, good relationship with Nintendo and Hayabusa being among the final NES icons.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Considering how Banjo is the only DLC character so far who a notable number of people can claim they predicted, I expect almost all of this pass to be unexpected characters no one was talking about.
True I don't know how that slipped my mind.

I suspect they'll at least have one, maybe two requested characters. I expect Crash to be among those if not the only one.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It makes them more likely by default because any possible percentage is bigger than 0.
... just gonna leave this with a facepalm.

While you guys are over there arguing about whoever is right about something someone said on the internet, I'm gonna think about if we're gonna get another cool unexpected throwback character like Terry. Hayabusa would be pretty cool, or maybe a beat-em-up character like Double Dragon or Streets of Rage.

Hayabusa isn't unexpected... he'd be fun, sure, but he is highly speculated.
Unexpected characters (well, they cant be speculated)

but my list would be:

- Frogger
- Carmen SanDiego
- Angry Birds
- Arthur

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Hayabusa wouldn't be that unexpected even if it's only for being frequently discussed due to leaks during the past year, but yeah he could totally happen in my eyes.

A Double Dragon or SoR rep doesn't sound that crazy after Terry and I think it could happen. I already can see "literal who" posts on Twitter if we end getting someone like Axel Stone lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While you guys are over there arguing about whoever is right about something someone said on the internet, I'm gonna think about if we're gonna get another cool unexpected throwback character like Terry. Hayabusa would be pretty cool,
Honestly, Hayabusa is way too known in the community to be considered "unexpected" because there's pretty much a lot going for a Koei-Tecmo rep. In fact, a lot of people probably believe he's the only candidate for that spot despite Dynasty Warriors and Nioh being the more prominent titles from KT currently. I still want him though, but you can't really say nobody would've seen him coming.

or maybe a beat-em-up character like Double Dragon or Streets of Rage.

I'm leaning towards Double Dragon getting into Vol 2. I think Nintendo would want to bring a Fighter Pack that comes with an additional Echo fighter, and Billy and Jimmy would fit perfectly on that spot. The only thing I wonder is which of the brothers would be the echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom