• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Though you may be joking here, Persona 1, Persona 2 IS, and Persona 2 EP may as well be a totally different series from Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5 with as much as Atlus treats them like one.
To be fair, there's nobody in the current Persona team who has experience with the first three games and their lead writer has left ATLUS.

They have no problem with referencing those games with small references like costumes and music. Persona and Persona 2 tracks were in Persona Super Live 2019 and available as DLC in almost all Persona games with downloadable content.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, there's nobody in the current Persona team who has experience with the first three games and their lead writer has left ATLUS.

They have no problem with referencing those games with small references like costumes and music. Persona and Persona 2 tracks were in Persona Super Live 2019 and available as DLC in almost all Persona games with downloadable content.
Still would have been, in my opinion, nice to get a couple of Persona 2 tracks with Joker to play on Mementos in Smash. Maya's theme and the main Innocent Sin battle theme (along with the Knights of the Holy Lance track) are pretty dang good.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
It's funny reading on here, where people assume that polls represent anything. It's a super niche community of people who care so much that they post about it. Most of the "popular" picks like Geno, Waluigi, they're all mostly troll picks that were blasted out of proportion by memes. In the end, whatever is said here has little to no bearing over the much more complex truth behind all characters. Because Nintendo and Sakurai have a lot to consider: popularity with non-gamers, previous deals with publishers, history of gaming, polls here and there, new playstyles to introduce, and so on...

Look at fighter pass 1:

Joker: a beloved character from a great series of original RPGs. Great pick, made me discover new things, and opens the door for more Atlus stuff!

Hero: such an obvious choice! And to make it a generic one too. He's such a crucial part of gaming history! There's no leaker that can influence this pick even close to the reputation the character and series have by themselves!

Banjo&Kazooie: If you've ever had an N64, you know these guys! Their series didn't blow up like Mario did, but it's still one of the most popular games ever on the N64, and a massively requested character since the very first Smash game. And he plays so much like his original games!

Terry Bogard: People might not have seen it coming, but what a pick! Delves deep into the history of fighting games, and despite not being a fan of fighting games, even I knew who he was. A fantastic addition to the likes of Ryu and Ken, with a very unique look/design!

Byleth: Everybody saw it coming as soon as Three Houses hit the market, even if there wasn't a 300 pages forum thread about it. It's a great game, a promotional pick for a great selling game, and despite what the niche community here thinks, it's a very requested character from those who play the Switch more casually. Ignore the fact that it's another FE character and look at the very original moveset that came with it!

So yeah, personally, it's a 5/5 for me, and I'm very happy with Sakurai's and Nintendo's decisions. I'm certain they'll have great picks for Fighter Pass 2, even if they're not the most talked about on here. At least for me, as a mix of seriousish casual Smasher, and others like me. It's such a great version of the game, that I don't think there'll be a future one, but rather they'll port this one to whichever console comes next. That's probably much easier to do with all the publishers involved, than to make an entirely new game and renegotiate everything. As Sakurai himself said: there's almost no chance of this big a roster ever coming to life ever again!

That being said, as others have said, we're here to guesstimate and kill time between announcements, there's no reason to be pessimistic or trash other people's ideas, or bring nothing to the discussion. I'm surprised the mods haven't acted harsher on this one user, considering how many official warnings he's gotten in the little time I've been here. There's only so much a killjoy and troll can bring to the community if he can't learn with that much backlash against him.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's funny reading on here, where people assume that polls represent anything. It's a super niche community of people who care so much that they post about it.
Nintendo wouldn't have done one if they had no intention of considering the results.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Nintendo wouldn't have done one if they had no intention of considering the results.
I'm pretty sure the time of the ballot has passed. They picked whoever they were going to pick, put them in the base game, and made Hero and Banjo DLC because their publishers wanted it that way. The other characters we got (Joker, Terry, Byleth) were either completely irrelevant on the ballot, or didn't exist while the ballot was running.

They're still absolutely considering fan demand, but the poll they used to take measure of said demand is pretty outdated, so they've likely stopped using it as a reference.

Fan polls were never anything, tho. If nintendo was watching fan polls the entire time, they wouldn't have needed to make their own poll.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It's funny reading on here, where people assume that polls represent anything. It's a super niche community of people who care so much that they post about it. Most of the "popular" picks like Geno, Waluigi, they're all mostly troll picks that were blasted out of proportion by memes. In the end, whatever is said here has little to no bearing over the much more complex truth behind all characters. Because Nintendo and Sakurai have a lot to consider: popularity with non-gamers, previous deals with publishers, history of gaming, polls here and there, new playstyles to introduce, and so on...

Look at fighter pass 1:

Joker: a beloved character from a great series of original RPGs. Great pick, made me discover new things, and opens the door for more Atlus stuff!

Hero: such an obvious choice! And to make it a generic one too. He's such a crucial part of gaming history! There's no leaker that can influence this pick even close to the reputation the character and series have by themselves!

Banjo&Kazooie: If you've ever had an N64, you know these guys! Their series didn't blow up like Mario did, but it's still one of the most popular games ever on the N64, and a massively requested character since the very first Smash game. And he plays so much like his original games!

Terry Bogard: People might not have seen it coming, but what a pick! Delves deep into the history of fighting games, and despite not being a fan of fighting games, even I knew who he was. A fantastic addition to the likes of Ryu and Ken, with a very unique look/design!

Byleth: Everybody saw it coming as soon as Three Houses hit the market, even if there wasn't a 300 pages forum thread about it. It's a great game, a promotional pick for a great selling game, and despite what the niche community here thinks, it's a very requested character from those who play the Switch more casually. Ignore the fact that it's another FE character and look at the very original moveset that came with it!

So yeah, personally, it's a 5/5 for me, and I'm very happy with Sakurai's and Nintendo's decisions. I'm certain they'll have great picks for Fighter Pass 2, even if they're not the most talked about on here. At least for me, as a mix of seriousish casual Smasher, and others like me. It's such a great version of the game, that I don't think there'll be a future one, but rather they'll port this one to whichever console comes next. That's probably much easier to do with all the publishers involved, than to make an entirely new game and renegotiate everything. As Sakurai himself said: there's almost no chance of this big a roster ever coming to life ever again!

That being said, as others have said, we're here to guesstimate and kill time between announcements, there's no reason to be pessimistic or trash other people's ideas, or bring nothing to the discussion. I'm surprised the mods haven't acted harsher on this one user, considering how many official warnings he's gotten in the little time I've been here. There's only so much a killjoy and troll can bring to the community if he can't learn with that much backlash against him.
Because when I think of Casual Switch games, I think Fire Emblem Three Houses. Seriously, I don't know if you've noticed, but not exactly responding postively to Byleth isn't limited to this forum and honestly it feels like it's been taken worse everywhere else. I don't think a 60:40 split of likes and dislikes on the presentation shows that Byleth was exactly recieved well by the general audience. The vast majority of people I've seen who are fine with Byleth still admit it wasn't a good choice to end the pass with and that it was still underwhelming even if they enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
True, but as others have said, it's super outdated, and it's not THE ONLY THING they follow. It was probably more to get the pulse of what the community wanted, but again, people answering that poll were also the ones really into the speculation, which is mostly what we see here on Smash Boards. It doesn't mean there aren't other people, and people denying Joker, Hero and Terry were good picks are simply not looking at the bigger picture. They might not have scored on that poll, but they're still amazing picks and in the spirit of the game.

Because when I think of Casual Switch games, I think Fire Emblem Three Houses. Seriously, I don't know if you've noticed, but not exactly responding postively to Byleth isn't limited to this forum and honestly it feels like it's been taken worse everywhere else. I don't think a 60:40 split of likes and dislikes on the presentation shows that Byleth was exactly recieved well by the general audience. The vast majority of people I've seen who are fine with Byleth still admit it wasn't a good choice to end the pass with and that it was still underwhelming even if they enjoyed it.
This is a prime example of why the climate on here is so biased. What is a casual gamer to you? Just those who play Kirby games? Farmville? There's a TON of variety in what a casual gamer can mean. It's those who know smash from the good times they've had on the N64 but never would have expected a pro-tournament about it. It's those gamers that play for fun, and RPGs / Tactical games are part of it too! So yes people could have picked up Fire Emblem and played it casually, going through some maps or the whole game. It doesn't mean they're super invested in writing detailed guides and optimizing their ****. They're the ones who have Smash and play it with friends, with items, on random stages, because it's great couch multiplayer fun! None of those demographics, despite being gamers, will ever be well represented on here. Because the few that do, like me, get pushed back right away by the holy truth that some Smash Boards users have.

People here were expecting a big bang for the 5th character. I did not. I wanted new content, that's it. And so were my circles of friends that are enjoying the game at a casual level. They thought Byleth was a good pick, despite some of them not having played the game, but knowing full well how well it did. Open your eyes, there are tons of demographics that do not complain like this. The directs, the reveals, they're mostly for fans that would even know a reveal was coming, so the like/dislike ratio on those is super biased to start with. Sure, Byleth was not well received by the hardcore fans. But they're the same people complaining about Hero, complaining about Joker, complaining about Terry. And they're all great picks for anybody else, and MOST OF ALL, fun to play.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Sorry to barge in unannounced, but what's the general consensus on spirits deconfirming characters ?

I remember that the opinion was pretty 50/50 on that but i'd like to know what people think for this 2nd fighter pass.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Sorry to barge in unannounced, but what's the general consensus on spirits deconfirming characters ?

I remember that the opinion was pretty 50/50 on that but i'd like to know what people think for this 2nd fighter pass.
Before, it was 100%, but now it's more 50/50 on FPv2, though I do think that the event spirtis (RE, astral chain, etc.) do deconfirm. I still think AT's and other gameplay elements deconfirm.

That aside, there aren't many characters that are already spirits that I think have much of a chance anyway.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I'm currently taking the stance that they do owing to the added weekly Spirit events, but I'm not married to the idea that they're deconfirmed forever. Plus there's no fun in trying to stop people from speculating anyway.

If a spirit gets promoted, I guess that's egg on my face, but that just means Dark Matter has a shot of being playable.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't think there's anything physically stopping Nintendo and development team from making Spirits playable but I think they simply won't be playable judging from the direction of the last pass.

Not saying "stop supporting Spirits", I just don't see anything going for them at the moment with the limited info about Vol. 2 we have.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I see, then what about Geno's missing mii costume ? Surely they already have the rights for him from SE because of his spirit, so that's not the problem.

Then again, there's a bunch of costumes that didn't come back, but still, i find it very strange.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
I see, then what about Geno's missing mii costume ? Surely they already have the rights for him from SE because of his spirit, so that's not the problem.

Then again, there's a bunch of costumes that didn't come back, but still, i find it very strange.
Maybe the companies just didn't consider renewing the license to be worth it? idk.

I doubt Geno's missing costume means there are any plans for him to be DLC, as he was a spirit, deconfirming him for the first wave.

Shroob

Sup?
Hot take:

But we know that Spirit Battles can be updated via DLC like with the Cuphead fight, like how the fight is different depending on if you do or don't own the Cuphead costume.

I think the Geno Mii Costume will still come in time and the Spirit Fight will be updated to reflect it. There's literally nothing saying they can't, and everything in the world saying they can now that there's precedence for them having Spirit Fights be different based on DLC owned.

Would make perfect sense for the fight to be the same without the costume purchased but have Sheik be replaced by a Geno Mii when the costume is bought. Geno's 3rd party, and we didn't have the base game launch with ANY 3rd-Party Mii costumes.

There's definitely plausibility that they don't update it as well though, afaik the Tails and Knuckles fights didn't change when you bought their costumes, but I'm banking on Ge-NO more than ever.

I just don't find Geno's lack of a Mii costume all that suspicious like others do. Is he missing? Yup, but so are still a handful of 3rd party costumes that they want to re-sell us for .75 a pop. We're still missing ALL the Namco costumes as well. Everyone points to the lack of Geno, but the Chocobo Hats are also missing. For all we know, they could just be saving them for another Square character down the pipeline. Could be Geno, could be someone else entirely. We don't know.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Because when I think of Casual Switch games, I think Fire Emblem Three Houses.
I still remember how back in the Wii era some journos touted fire emblem as one of the most hardcore Nintendo series :laugh:

there's no reason to be pessimistic or trash other people's ideas, or bring nothing to the discussion.
Geno, Waluigi, they're all mostly troll picks that were blasted out of proportion by memes.
Also have the slight suspicion that if B&K hadn't made it they would have joined your list of troll picks.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ah, yes, it's not as if there's people who actually like said characters and that they come from good games. No, it's just memes!

This ain't it, chief. Some fans may place a character's chances out of proportion, sure, but saying their popularity is somehow "fake" is really just another way for detractors to say "how dare the core fanbase not like MY picks instead".

Also: Fire Emblem isn't exactly what one thinks of when talking about a casual audience. Hell, I'd argue the closest we got to a more mainstream pick in the first Pass was Hero, and even then that applies mostly to Japan, really. So rather than popularity with non-gamers, Sakurai and his team focused on different pockets of the gaming sphere... which is a good move imo.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yes, it's not as if there's people who actually like said characters and that they come from good games. No, it's just memes!

This ain't it, chief. Some fans may place a character's chances out of proportion, sure, but saying their popularity is somehow "fake" is really just another way for detractors to say "how dare the core fanbase not like MY picks instead".

Also: Fire Emblem isn't exactly what one thinks of when talking about a casual audience. Hell, I'd argue the closest we got to a more mainstream pick in the first Pass was Hero, and even then that applies mostly to Japan, really. So rather than popularity with non-gamers, Sakurai and his team focused on different pockets of the gaming sphere... which is a good move imo.
Come on, you knew what I meant and reworded it yourself a sentence later. No need for these endless sarcasm based rhetorics at every slight word that's not 100% what you think it should be. The whole point is that there's a bigger picture that nobody here has access to, information-wise. I would never claim that a pick is 100% troll based. But there's a huge meme bandwagon about Waluigi and Geno, that unlike Banjo and Kazooie, was non-existant during the era of the original Smash.

As for Fire Emblem, what people need to realize is that:

Playing Fire Emblem =/= being super vocal on Smash Boards

Call it casual, call it hardcore, what matters is that people on here do NOT represent the majority of gamers. Hell, otherwise we'd have 2 million more people who bought Three Houses and should be here to defend Byleth. It's getting annoying to see a lot of pretend smartasses always take only the part that goes with their narrative and ignore 90% of the actual Smash fanbase. We simply don't know, and when you ask people outside of this circle, you see a lot more people enjoying the character, whether they know the game Byleth came from or not.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Come on, you knew what I meant and reworded it yourself a sentence later. No need for these endless sarcasm based rhetorics at every slight word that's not 100% what you think it should be. The whole point is that there's a bigger picture that nobody here has access to, information-wise. I would never claim that a pick is 100% troll based. But there's a huge meme bandwagon about Waluigi and Geno, that unlike Banjo and Kazooie, was non-existant during the era of the original Smash.

As for Fire Emblem, what people need to realize is that:

Playing Fire Emblem =/= being super vocal on Smash Boards

Call it casual, call it hardcore, what matters is that people on here do NOT represent the majority of gamers. Hell, otherwise we'd have 2 million more people who bought Three Houses and should be here to defend Byleth. It's getting annoying to see a lot of pretend smartasses always take only the part that goes with their narrative and ignore 90% of the actual Smash fanbase. We simply don't know, and when you ask people outside of this circle, you see a lot more people enjoying the character, whether they know the game Byleth came from or not.
For the first part in bold. I mean... that's kinda what you did in your op. If you say that some people supporting Waluigi and Geno are just bandwagoning, then fine, but then again... that argument can be made for almost any character. So it makes no sense to single out only the ones that the core fanbase likes. It comes across as you hating on them just because you wish the core fanbase liked the same characters you do.

For the second one... I didn't see anyone here arguing that? What people are arguing is this point made on your op:

it's a very requested character from those who play the Switch more casually
...basically equating FE with the casual, more mainstream audience. Which is simply not true and I even point out it's also not true for a majority of FP1.

It has nothing to do with FE hate or whether Byleth is fun to play or not. I love Joker, BK and Terry, but I have no problems admitting that it wasn't the mainstream crowd that was pushing for them. And if we're talking about requests, I remember seeing way more for Edelgard than for Byleth when it came to a TH character. So even among the core FE fanbase, that point seems a bit strange.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everybody pretty much agrees that if they got a spirit event (like Ring Fit or Resident Evil), they're deconfirmed.

For base game spirits, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an upgrade, but there's no evidence that makes us expect one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
*goes to bed*

*returns 5 hours later*

"Ok I'm done!"

Before, it was 100%, but now it's more 50/50 on FPv2, though I do think that the event spirtis (RE, astral chain, etc.) do deconfirm. I still think AT's and other gameplay elements deconfirm.

That aside, there aren't many characters that are already spirits that I think have much of a chance anyway.
I'm not sure there is, but here are my thoughts:
  • Spirits (Base Game): Could be added to the game as a fully fledged fighter, as all that needs to change is the label on the tin.
  • Assist Trophy: Confirmed to disconfirm in the past, so I count it as a disconfirmation until further proven otherwise. It is theoretically possible, however.
  • Spirits (3rd Party Events): Disconfirmed. They're not going to negotiate for rights just to do it again when they make a fighter. That and now they have less Spirit potential.
  • Spirits (1st Party Events): Soft Disconfirmed. In most cases I would say we're just not getting a fighter from the series if they get an event, but there's nothing rights wise stopping them so it's more plausible. Of these though I'd say Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield are the most reasonable, especially since the only spirits are the three base starters and the two box legionaries squished together.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
*goes to bed*

*returns 5 hours later*

"Ok I'm done!"

I'm not sure there is, but here are my thoughts:
  • Spirits (Base Game): Could be added to the game as a fully fledged fighter, as all that needs to change is the label on the tin.
  • Assist Trophy: Confirmed to disconfirm in the past, so I count it as a disconfirmation until further proven otherwise. It is theoretically possible, however.
  • Spirits (3rd Party Events): Disconfirmed. They're not going to negotiate for rights just to do it again when they make a fighter. That and now they have less Spirit potential.
  • Spirits (1st Party Events): Soft Disconfirmed. In most cases I would say we're just not getting a fighter from the series if they get an event, but there's nothing rights wise stopping them so it's more plausible. Of these though I'd say Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield are the most reasonable, especially since the only spirits are the three base starters and the two box legionaries squished together.
I agree with these and I’ll throw in a few other opinions of mine:
  • Pokeballs: same as Assist Trophies. Might actually be harder to theoretically upgrade than ATs, IMO
  • Base game Mii costumes (pre-DLC, not of fighters already on the roster): 50-50. Depends on if they also have an AT/Pokeball/Boss fight in game.
  • Stage cameos: depends. Pauline can be swapped out a la Conductor Toon Link, Viridi may be trickier
  • Final smash cameos: Chrom exists, so Bass, Fiora etc is plausible. You can make them disappear from the affected FS once the playable one is on the field like Fox/Falco for the other’s FS. Doesn’t look good for Tom Nook though, who’s not in one final smash but TWO.
  • DLC costumes (like Rex, Goemon, Kyo, Sans, Cuphead): dead in the water. Regardless of them being planned before pass 2, I don’t think they’d go back to revisit them within the same game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Spirits (Base Game): Could be added to the game as a fully-fledged fighter, as all that needs to change is the label on the tin.
Spirits (3rd Party Events): Disconfirmed. They're not going to negotiate for rights just to do it again when they make a fighter. That and now they have less Spirit potential.
Is there a difference between third parties in the base game and DLC? If you think they won't negotiate for a character twice, that should also rule out characters like Geno or Bomberman.

Final smash cameos: Chrom exists, so Bass, Fiora etc is plausible. You can make them disappear from the affected FS once the playable one is on the field like Fox/Falco for the other’s FS. Doesn’t look good for Tom Nook though, who’s not in one final smash but TWO.
Why how many Final Smashes he appears in matters? We know they aren't going to change them anyway.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
What sort of revisionist history is this? Erdrick was in no way a popular request before Verge.
There were maybe like, 4 dudes vocally supporting Erdrick or any Dragon Quest character before Verge, and they were treated like the local village kook. Anytime they so much as spoke about DQ they were told to not get their hopes up and go back to their designated corner.
Yeah you’re probably right lmao. I’m most likely just mis-remembering things. But I don’t see how verge ‘leaked’ a Dragon Quest character. If my memory serves correctly, he only leaked a Square Enix character. That could’ve been Geno, Sora, 2B, or any other popular choice. But the fact that Erdrick got speculated over them shows that many people actually considered them plausible.

D

Deleted member

Yeah you’re probably right lmao. I’m most likely just mis-remembering things. But I don’t see how verge ‘leaked’ a Dragon Quest character. If my memory serves correctly, he only leaked a Square Enix character. That could’ve been Geno, Sora, 2B, or any other popular choice. But the fact that Erdrick got speculated over them shows that many people actually considered them plausible.
Had it not been for the brave datamine then everyone would not have jumped the wagon instantly. Though to be fair if people were talking gaming history ghen yeah Hero is the logical pick.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
DLC costumes (like Rex, Goemon, Kyo, Sans, Cuphead): dead in the water. Regardless of them being planned before pass 2, I don’t think they’d go back to revisit them within the same game.
I think Rex might be the sole exception just for being part of version 1.0 of the game.

Also it's Iori that has a Mii costume, not Kyo.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Hmmm

If we get another FG rep this game, I want it to be a bad guy; another non-bad guy would be pretty lame

Come on, there are so many cool bad guys to choose from:

Heihachi
Nightmare
Fulgore
Scorpion
Akuma
Geese
Sol

Wouldn't you guys rather have a bad guy?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I just want Ultimate the end. Roster is great with some really disappointing moments. I can't care to what these next six characters are when there are characters that are just dead, the Nintendo character picks are shills, and the third parties are going to characters that people barely thought of.
Then my good man, just leave the thread if you have that mentality. This thread is for speculating newcomers for the season pass. If you are this negative in mentality towards the whole thing, then you are better off leaving the thread instead of being a complete buzzkill for everyone who wants to have fun. If anything, you are just wasting your time and energy and in current circumstances, both could use better applications.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmmm

If we get another FG rep this game, I want it to be a bad guy; another non-bad guy would be pretty lame

Come on, there are so many cool bad guys to choose from:

Heihachi
Nightmare
Fulgore
Scorpion
Akuma
Geese
Sol

Wouldn't you guys rather have a bad guy?
Any of these guys are fine in my book. If any, they're probaboy the only few male characters I support (aside from Rex). Probably due to my FGC background, but all of them would rock.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Then my good man, just leave the thread if you have that mentality. This thread is for speculating newcomers for the season pass. If you are this negative in mentality towards the whole thing, then you are better off leaving the thread instead of being a complete buzzkill for everyone who wants to have fun.
Idk if he's being negative towards speculation as a whole, I think he just means that he's satisfied with the roster as-is, and getting hype for uncertain characters is likely just to end in disappointment.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'll let you in on a little secret: We're all super biased dum dums that don't know much about anything. But we all take our shots in the dark anyway, sharing who we want, why and how we want them, and who we'll think we'll get (spoiler alert: we're wrong). We learn new things about the things we like and come to like new things. To be honest, this thread is in the best state I've ever seen. After everything that's happened, people are super open to new ideas and aren't fixated on a small group of characters, so the discussion never gets stale.

Then you come in and trash all of our topics without offering any ideas of your own. That's why we're all upset with you. Now, I'm not saying you're public enemy #1. Far from it. The way I see it, you're just someone who wasn't happy with the first round of DLC. It's bound to happen. Not everybody likes everything and some people have very specific tastes. But all of your mopey remarks are bringing us down and chiming in to shut our conversations down under the guise of keeping expectations real is flat out just rude. And sure, we could block you, but I feel like silencing people because they're rude is much worse.

So please: If you don't like where the discussion is going then wait for a topic you like or introduce a topic of your own. Don't respond to our ideas with a jaded "it's not happening". It just upsets people and often misses the point of the conversation in the first place since we deal largely in hypotheticals.

Thank you for probably not reading my sleep deprived rant.
You want some ideas, well here you go.
DLC is going to be comprised of third parties that people barely thought of or asked for, so barely anyone is going to see them coming.
The Nintendo characters that get in will be shill picks that people aren't asking for.
Gen 8 Pokemon is happening.
Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes are never getting upgraded in Ultimate's DLC.
Only one or two of those six characters will be a requested character, and it sure ain't going to be Geno.
And Vol 2 will end on a disappointing note just like the base game and Vol 1.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
DLC is going to be comprised of third parties that people barely thought of or asked for, so barely anyone is going to see them coming.
The Nintendo characters that get in will be shill picks that people aren't asking for.
Only one or two of those six characters will be a requested character, and it sure ain't going to be Geno.

Attachments

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’m gonna get one thing clear before replying to this. If the character has an active support thread, it can’t be considered disappointing. Maybe disappointing to you, but not a disappointing character. Now let’s begin.
Even if it’s consisted of third parties nobody asked for, that doesn’t mean they’re bad picks like you’re implying. I don’t think there is a single pick on the FPv1 roster that people didn’t love after release (unless it was Banjo, they loved him before, or if the person was ‘pessimistic’). Nintendo is better at picking character we want than we are. And that’s a fact.
Byleth was asked for and enjoyed after release
Gen 8 Pokémon might happen, we don’t know
Fan rule
Not pessimistic- once again, just an ***-wipe
Byleth wasn’t disappointing. It was a unique character which many people enjoyed. And even the majority of those who didn’t enjoy Byleth kept their mouths shut about it. But even 2 months later, you’re still being ‘pessimistic’ about it.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
1) You make it sound like all of them are going to be bad additions. Hell, if they are unexpected pics, chances are people will be more hype for them.
2) This is a possibility because there aren't a lot of Nintendo franchises to add left. We're just going to have to wait and see.
3) The chance is there, but I personally find it unlikely. This just be my opinion, though.
4) Assist Trophies are a safe bet that they won't get upgraded to playable status. Mii Costumes? Well King K. Rool and Chrom were upgraded from that to fighters in the base roster so those still can't be counted out.
5) As low as I think Geno is, he is still in the running and can't fully be counted out yet. The chance exists, even if low.
6) This can admittedly be seen as an unfortunate pattern, but we will have to wait and see if this continues.

All these are very pessimistic ideas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom