• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sure did, lol.

Surprised that the thread didn’t catch on to it. That part I pointed out pretty much soft confirmed that he is intentionally trolling.
Hey Nessdeltarune. How you doing?

E: Damn it Peridot you ninja.

Last edited by a moderator:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Weird question: apparently Sakurai mentioned in the recent Famitsu column that he hasn't played that much Overwatch (though I haven't seen tgat myself, so take it with a grain of salt). If that is true, would that hurt Tracer's chances? Personally, I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than an Overwatch character, but that's just me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Weird question: apparently Sakurai mentioned in the recent Famitsu column that he hasn't played that much Overwatch (though I haven't seen tgat myself, so take it with a grain of salt). If that is true, would that hurt Tracer's chances? Personally, I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than an Overwatch character, but that's just me.
It affects her chances as much as Sakurai playing her game would, as in, not at all

D

Deleted member

So here's the timeline so the staff can get an idea of why we need an IP ban for our new friend. nessdeltarune00 nessdeltarune00 was banned around Feb 23 for being inflammatory and generally rude. One of their quirks was making fun of Shantae by calling her Shantal. Ever since his ban, he just sort of lurks and likes posts he agrees with.

Then three days later, a mysterious user by the name of O Ouma showed up in the Geno thread and started an argument for some reason using very similar language and opinions to our boy Nessdeltarune

>Imagine thinking that Shantal still has a shot because of this.
Give me one piece of evidence why Geno is the most likely.

Also, lol at the “GAMEFAQS BAD!!!!” card just because he told you something that you didn’t want to hear.
They were quickly banned.

Now this O Ouma2 dude, with the almost exact same name of O Ouma shows up in the newcomer thread AND the Geno thread to call out arguments they disagree with. To add a further connection, Ouma is the last name for the character in Nessdeltarune's avatar, implying all three accounts are Kokichi Ouma fans.

Sounds suspicious; it's pretty clear he's an alt. Smashboards is inherently against alt accounts for trolling of this very nature, so this already violates rules. NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or Megadoomer Megadoomer whoever sees this first, it'd be great if this dude was just dealt with permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So here's the timeline so the staff can get an idea of why we need an IP ban for our new friend. nessdeltarune00 nessdeltarune00 was banned around Feb 23 for being inflammatory and generally rude. One of their quirks was making fun of Shantae by calling her Shantal. Ever since his ban, he just sort of lurks and likes posts he agrees with.

Then three days later, a mysterious user by the name of O Ouma showed up in the Geno thread and started an argument for some reason using very similar language and opinions to our boy Nessdeltarune

Now this O Ouma2 dude, with the almost exact same name of O Ouma shows up in the newcomer thread AND the Geno thread to call out arguments they disagree with. To add a further connection, Ouma is the last name for the character in Nessdeltarune's avatar, implying all three accounts are Kokichi Ouma fans.

Sounds suspicious; it's pretty clear he's an alt. Smashboards is inherently against alt accounts for trolling of this very nature, so this already violates rules. NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or Megadoomer Megadoomer whoever sees this first, it'd be great if this dude was just dealt with permanently.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78326066

I feel this Gamefaqs thread is proof enough.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Next time I’d suggest you guys take it to the Help From a Moderator/Help from an Admin Subforums, but yeah, the Ouma dude is a pretty obvious alt. I figured it out myself too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

we gotem boys

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Then again, there's a bunch of costumes that didn't come back
Yet.

Many of the season one FPs came with older Smash 4 costumes. I wouldn't be surprised if that continued into the season 2 FPs.

And even then, we're not really missing that many. Only Geno, Gil, Loyd, Heihachi and Monster Hunter outfits.

And I fully expect Gil, Loyd and Heihachi to all come back at the same time in one of the FPs if one of them happens to be a Namco character.

Tom Nook Collects his own Debt!
"A Nook always collects his debts..."

Quit saying that we Mii outfits disconfirm DLC fighters! I have evidence right here proving otherwise
If that even is supposed to be a character, and not just the suit of armor, it could be One or Two, who also wear that outfit in addition to Erdrick.

Same reason we still don't have the Chocobo costume
Because there's another Square FP coming, and both it and Geno(assuming Geno's not the FP) will be with it?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yet.

Many of the season one FPs came with older Smash 4 costumes. I wouldn't be surprised if that continued into the season 2 FPs.

And even then, we're not really missing that many. Only Geno, Gil, Loyd, Heihachi and Monster Hunter outfits.

And I fully expect Gil, Loyd and Heihachi to all come back at the same time in one of the FPs if one of them happens to be a Namco character.

"A Nook always collects his debts..."
Is the Dunban outfit in the game? I can't remember.

andree123

Smash Ace
I felt like a Overwatch spirit event may be the best for Overwatch representation in smash.

Is the Dunban outfit in the game? I can't remember.
Yes.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tracer should be represented by Bayonetta in her Spirit battle if u ask me

Also I really want a Sombra spirit battle

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Ok, you are without a doubt trolling at this point. Gave it away with that part right here.

There is no way any person who thinks Spirits deconfirm believe that Gen 8 still has any sort of shot whatsoever. Literally the definition of contradicting beliefs, Gen 8 is in the same boat as Resident Evil and Ring Fit.
There is a huge difference because the Gen 8 Spirits and the Resident Evil & Ring Fit Adventure Spirits. Spirit decofirms the charaters, not the series; but if the Spirit Events turn all possible characters that would've been chosen playable to represent the series then it deconfirms the entire series. For example, Resident Evil & Ring Fit Adventure Spirit Events included all the main characters of those series that would've been considered candidates for playable status. If they were going to pick someone from Resident Evil it would've either have been Leon, Jill or Chris. Same goes for Ring Fit Adventures. But since those characters were turn into Spirits for an Event that means they won't be playable, and in turn deconfirms the whole series.
For the Pokemon Sword & Shield Spirit Events none of the Pokemons that were chosen would've been considered for being playable. None of the final evolve forms for the Starters were made into Spirits. So with none of the main SwSh candidates turned into Spirits means that they still have a chance, and seeing how there are so many SwSh Pokemons that weren't part of the Spirit Events means that they can still fill out an entire Spirit Board with Pokemons like Toxtricity, Gigantamax versions of certain Pokemons, Eternatus, Urshifu, and Calyrex. That's more you can say with the Spirit Event like Resident Evil and Ring Fit.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We also know Chrom and Dark Samus has ballot influence, and although we don't have Sakurai saying it outright, Hero's clearly influenced by it too
I’m pretty sure the only thing he’s said about Chrom and Dark Samus was that they were highly requested. I don’t think the ballot was ever mentioned for them.

As for Hero, I always thought the main reason he was here, as alluded to in his presentation, was because of how legendary Dragon Quest is in Japan.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I’m pretty sure the only thing he’s said about Chrom and Dark Samus was that they were highly requested. I don’t think the ballot was ever mentioned for them.

As for Hero, I always thought the main reason he was here, as alluded to in his presentation, was because of how legendary Dragon Quest is in Japan.
How would he know they were highly requested though? Not to mention if you're that legendary, people would want you in Smash

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
There is a huge difference because the Gen 8 Spirits and the Resident Evil & Ring Fit Adventure Spirits. Spirit decofirms the charaters, not the series; but if the Spirit Events turn all possible characters that would've been chosen playable to represent the series then it deconfirms the entire series. For example, Resident Evil & Ring Fit Adventure Spirit Events included all the main characters of those series that would've been considered candidates for playable status. If they were going to pick someone from Resident Evil it would've either have been Leon, Jill or Chris. Same goes for Ring Fit Adventures. But since those characters were turn into Spirits for an Event that means they won't be playable, and in turn deconfirms the whole series.
For the Pokemon Sword & Shield Spirit Events none of the Pokemons that were chosen would've been considered for being playable. None of the final evolve forms for the Starters were made into Spirits. So with none of the main SwSh candidates turned into Spirits means that they still have a chance, and seeing how there are so many SwSh Pokemons that weren't part of the Spirit Events means that they can still fill out an entire Spirit Board with Pokemons like Toxtricity, Gigantamax versions of certain Pokemons, Eternatus, Urshifu, and Calyrex. That's more you can say with the Spirit Event like Resident Evil and Ring Fit.
OK but literally why bother putting in 1 spirit event for Pokemon Sw/Sh if you're just going to add in another spirit board for a DLC fighter.

I think if there's a Pokemon rep it's most likely going to be from a later game, be it a spinoff a la Pokken or a Gen 4 remake (or another goddamn Gen 1 remake).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
How would he know they were highly requested though? Not to mention if you're that legendary, people would want you in Smash
Pac-Man is also a legendary franchise and he was never cited as being in Smash 4 due to fan-demand, so it’s possible Hero would have been regardless of fan-demand.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
hmmm

Whatever happened to the rumors of a Granblue Fantasy character getting in? Last I heard of it was probably still pre-release, or at least pre-e3 2019. Normally people hold onto characters longer than this once somebody 'leaks' them once (see: Ryu Hayabusa); I wonder what the deal is with this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
hmmm

Whatever happened to the rumors of a Granblue Fantasy character getting in? Last I heard of it was probably still pre-release, or at least pre-e3 2019. Normally people hold onto characters longer than this once somebody 'leaks' them once (see: Ryu Hayabusa); I wonder what the deal is with this.
Yeah it was pre release, Katalina specifically. I've seen more people want Granblue in Smash now due to the fighting game however

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
OK but literally why bother putting in 1 spirit event for Pokemon Sw/Sh if you're just going to add in another spirit board for a DLC fighter.

I think if there's a Pokemon rep it's most likely going to be from a later game, be it a spinoff a la Pokken or a Gen 4 remake (or another goddamn Gen 1 remake).
Probably because they had schedule this event a head of time before they knew they were making more DLC. They're not releasing Spirit Events whenever they want, they have a road map on when to release these, what tournament is happening, and all the other stuff.

Not necessary. Cloud is extremely legendary but just about everyone agreed that he was never getting in. Barely anyone entertained the idea of Cloud of actually happening so barely anyone requested him. There was a reason why he blew up the internet for a few days, not because he was extremely requested but because he was the last character anyone thought would show up.
Also Ryu is really legendary, he's the face of fighting games, yet not many people wanted him. Even when he was leaked people were more confused.
Dragon Quest kind of falls in line with that, of course it's a legendary franchise in Japan but most of them thought that wasn't even possible so they didn't really speak up or request for it in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom