• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But before their inclusion. They were among the most requested characters alongside:ultkrool:and:ultridley:

Pretty much the Holy Trinity.
But it doesn't confirm it, therefore they shouldn't be officially thrown into the list.

It's like fan rules.

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
I guess a good balance for pass 2 would be
2 fan requests (like Banjo)
2 popular characters (like Hero/Dragon Quest rep)
2 unexpected characters (like Joker and Terry)
Fan Requests
1:Lloyd Irving.
2:Rayman.
Popular Characters
1:Sora.
2:Crash Bandicoot.
Unexpected Characters:
1:Amaterasu(Okami).
2:Kazuma Kiryu.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a very neat video illustrating the design concepts behind one of my most wanted characters, Dante from the Devil May Cry Series. If you ever wondered why even the "ew anime" crowd is in love with "red dude with a sword" here's a good video explaining why:

and why calling him an edgelord is probably the worst descriptor for a character since calling Link a chatterbox.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You may remember this guy who leaked Byelth and he claimed that Crash Bandicoot is part of the fighters pass vol 2, he leaked the mouse game that is in the March indie direct.

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Unrelated: every time Dark Souls gets neglected when people talk about Bamco, Elden Ring gets delayed a week. Current release is scheduled for Winter 2028 :4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You may remember this guy who leaked Byelth and he claimed that Crash Bandicoot is part of the fighters pass vol 2, he leaked the mouse game that is in the March indie direct.
And he got one of his predictions wrong...so....

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know who else is neglected? Konami. They have Bomberman and Contra. While Bomberman is an assist trophy, he is still a popular character and has a lot of legacy. Contra is also popular and is one of the few classic NES franchises left besides Ninja Gaiden.

Edit: By neglect I mean speculation-wise

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know who else is neglected? Konami. They have Bomberman and Contra. While Bomberman is an assist trophy, he is still a popular character and has a lot of legacy. Contra is also popular and is one of the few classic NES franchises left besides Ninja Gaiden.
They have three playable characters from two franchises. Aside from SEGA and Capcom, that's better than what every other third party got. How they are neglected?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Plot twist: he was right about Crash and Crash is the delayed character
Konami also has Silent Hill as one of their groundbreaking horror franchises (though CERO might have something to say about the monsters) and then there’s their rhythm game line, Bemani. Dance Dance Revolution literally made rhythm games popular especially in the west

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That is impressive. But still, he was wrong about the February Direct. While this does boost his credibility a bit, I'm still doubting him. If Crash is FP6 then we can talk, but for what we know, he could have used the Twitter trick.

Dude you main Simon, Castlevania alone is some of the most flourishing third party franchsies in Smash next to SNK.
By neglect I mean speculation wise. I rarely see Konami being brought up. I don't mean content-wise, they are definitely covered when it comes to that. What I'm saying that we should be discussing Bomberman and Contra more as they are a real possibility.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Here's a very neat video illustrating the design concepts behind one of my most wanted characters, Dante from the Devil May Cry Series. If you ever wondered why even the "ew anime" crowd is in love with "red dude with a sword" here's a good video explaining why:

and why calling him an edgelord is probably the worst descriptor for a character since calling Link a chatterbox.
I've said it before, but the best way I've seen someone describe Dante (Besides "Wacky Wahoo Pizza Man") is that he's Sonic; He has some darkness and angst from the loss of his brother and mother, but his primary means of handling big threats in the series is wisecracking and generally having fun fighting demons stylishly while saving the world.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
While he did get the mouse game right, it doesn't mean he is right on everything. For example, he incorrectly claimed that a Direct would be on February 12th. Also, he might have gotten some things wrong through old deleted tweets iirc. That being said, I still think his Crash claim should be taken with a grain of salt.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Less than 300 DAILY.

I almost don't wanna believe it. You may just be the sole reason Bayonetta got in Smash 4.
Well when first started out I was just voting for her none stop and literally thought about how holding the attack button during her combos would have her shoot her bullets just like she does in her games. After a week it went to 100 votes a day, then it went to 50, then last day I just dedicated an hour getting as much as I can, though to be fair it was voting was broken up throughout the entire day, gave me something to do when I was waiting for classes. I regret nothing.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , you're the one preaching about Granblue in Smash, right? Do you mind answering this?
If it's about Hitagi's Katalina rumor, that was disproven when Hitagi went into exile after being wrong. No other credible rumors about Granblue have come up since then (to the best of my knowledge).
Yeah you’re probably right lmao. I’m most likely just mis-remembering things. But I don’t see how verge ‘leaked’ a Dragon Quest character. If my memory serves correctly, he only leaked a Square Enix character. That could’ve been Geno, Sora, 2B, or any other popular choice. But the fact that Erdrick got speculated over them shows that many people actually considered them plausible.
Verge initially "leaked" the list (more like the list got leaked and Verge backed it), and then gradually came out in support of Erdrick more and more until he pretty much just said "Erdrick is in the game."

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Anyway if a character you liked included something like how Joker brought Stage Builder what would it be and why is it Sol bringing rollback netcode to Smash
Trophies would be too much work, but it'd be nice to see brief text blurbs over each Spirit being brought with, I'unno, Porky or Ganon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyway if a character you liked included something like how Joker brought Stage Builder what would it be and why is it Sol bringing rollback netcode to Smash
Some kind of target test/smash/blast variation. I honestly found all of them fairly fun, though I honestly found Brawl's a bit meh due to being completely generic. Doesn't let you get the feel of the character as much. I got used to it, which is why 4's version worked well for me(that, and made grinding feel less tedious at times).

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man over the last couple days I ended up finding myself to be in a bit of a No More Heroes mood due to the third game releasing this year and realize how great just the music selection would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73EDBGrHQg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfbb3WHClE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFfTPSlJUqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-V8htEtAYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zknA9einzYw
Would be great to hear some of the bops from TSA.

I guess you'd just digitize the **** out the evil swear words, same with Philistine, that track is basically the Psycho Soldier of the series.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

Edit: By neglect I mean speculation-wise
Funny thing about Bomberman specifically is that him already having an assist trophy is canonically not even a problem. Just have the game make sure the assist trophy Bomberman is a different color than the player Bomberman and you’re all set.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Funny thing about Bomberman specifically is that him already having an assist trophy is canonically not even a problem. Just have the game make sure the assist trophy Bomberman is a different color than the player Bomberman and you’re all set.
I know you'll all hate me for this but I'd unironically prefer the Bomberman: Act Zero version

P.Kat

Smash Champion
2 Fan request: Elma, Sakura
Popular characters: Sora, Shantae
Unexpected characters: Amaterasu, Kat

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't even want Sol, but I would probably buy ssbu if it had good netcode.

I'll assume 'fan requests' means popular requests from the smash community, and 'popular characters' refers to popular video game characters in general.

Fan requests:
  • Skull Kid
  • Isaac
Popular characters:
  • Dante
  • Waluigi
Unexpected characters:
  • Neku
  • Rondoline E. Effenberg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you'll all hate me for this but I'd unironically prefer the Bomberman: Act Zero version
It's funny you should say that because ...

(I'm kidding)

The design itself isn't too bad. People probably hate it mainly because it's a re-design / re-imagining but with literally zero element referencing the original ...

... or people simply hate it because Act Zero was a hot mess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hot take: Elma is a better character by just about every metric.
  • Character design
  • Writing/dialogue/story
  • Fighting style translatable to Smash
  • Giant Mech
  • Dark skin & female
You forgot:
  • Alien biome stages, something we lack in Smash
  • Absolute BANGERS of an OST (come on you can’t say no to Hiroyuki Sawano)
  • hell she literally IS an alien herself - a humanoid one at that. Only other aliens we got in Smash are Olimar, Dark Samus and Ridley... and if you count hybrids infused with Alien DNA, Cloud and Samus
It's funny you should say that because ...

(I'm kidding)

The design itself isn't too bad. People probably hate it mainly because it's a re-design / re-imagining but with literally zero element referencing the original ...

... or people simply hate it because Act Zero was a hot mess.
It’s the “OW THE EDGE” of Bomberman - dare I say even the Donte

Why would you take this baby and make him edgy

Hell, even his Fanservice Waifu equivalent (Bombergirl) has design elements faithful to OG Bomberman

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You forgot:
  • Alien biome stages, something we lack in Smash
  • Absolute BANGERS of an OST (come on you can’t say no to Hiroyuki Sawano)
  • hell she literally IS an alien herself - a humanoid one at that. Only other aliens we got in Smash are Olimar, Dark Samus and Ridley... and if you count hybrids infused with Alien DNA, Cloud and Samus

It’s the “OW THE EDGE” of Bomberman - dare I say even the Donte

Why would you take this baby and make him edgy

Hell, even his Fanservice Waifu equivalent (Bombergirl) has design elements faithful to OG Bomberman
Gee, thanks for reminding me Bombergirl exists. Now I have to question my life choices that lead to that moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom