• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I seem to recall some presentations announced 10 AM EST, give or take a few minutes

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I often underhype/underwhelm most things as to not give both mine and other’s hopes up. That being said, I’m perfectly fine with that timeline or even pushing it back later. I would imagine many in this thread and the Smash community would be practically on life support if we didn’t get F6 until January 2021 lol. I kind of want to see that happen.

On that note, I was chatting with a irl friends whose talks casual Smash. He was explaining to me that he thinks F6 is coming this month with a reveal and release plus a teaser for F7. All because Byleth.

We had a nice, long chat.
Hm. On one hand, I do think waiting until E3 to give us anything is a bad move, but I also don't expect a release until... May, at the very earliest. So post-E3 release is a relatively safe prediction to me.

Here's why: we know for a fact the team works on more than one character at the same time. However, that might not extend between seasons, as see with the delay between PP's announcement (which already showed gameplay) before release and Joker's own release.

So there are two options here: either it does extend between FP1 and FP2, they've already started work on CP6 (possibly even CP7) and they'll release by May (thus a similar wait time between the base game and Joker) or they hadn't even started CP6 by the time of Byleth's release and we might get a tease before E3, but the character only comes out around July/August, a good six months between characters, reminiscent of Mewtwo in Smash 4.

Either way, we'll need to wait a bit longer for anything to release, methinks.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hm. On one hand, I do think waiting until E3 to give us anything is a bad move, but I also don't expect a release until... May, at the very earliest. So post-E3 release is a relatively safe prediction to me.

Here's why: we know for a fact the team works on more than one character at the same time. However, that might not extend between seasons, as see with the delay between PP's announcement (which already showed gameplay) before release and Joker's own release.

So there are two options here: either it does extend between FP1 and FP2, they've already started work on CP6 (possibly even CP7) and they'll release by May (thus a similar wait time between the base game and Joker) or they hadn't even started CP6 by the time of Byleth's release and we might get a tease before E3, but the character only comes out around July/August, a good six months between characters, reminiscent of Mewtwo in Smash 4.

Either way, we'll need to wait a bit longer for anything to release, methinks.
I think that most of Fighter Pass 2 is mostly completed in terms of character design with varying levels of completeness. Obviously F11 is probably low-end priority at this point.

it’s worth noting that Cuphead was more or less ready to be released despite the presentation filming in November. Obviously Byleth and 3 Houses content. I have an inkling that fighter packs 6-8 are more or less completed.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If we really are getting no Direct and E3 presentation.

....Is Nintendo literally trying to commit business suicide right now?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I often underhype/underwhelm most things as to not give both mine and other’s hopes up. That being said, I’m perfectly fine with that timeline or even pushing it back later. I would imagine many in this thread and the Smash community would be practically on life support if we didn’t get F6 until January 2021 lol. I kind of want to see that happen.

On that note, I was chatting with a irl friend whose talks casual Smash. He was explaining to me that he thinks F6 is coming this month with a reveal and release plus a teaser for F7. All because Byleth.

We had a nice, long chat.

Unrelated but kind related where I saw people talking about leakers.

I view leakers as I do with slabs of meat. They look delicious; especially when they are grilled up nice with all the trimmings. A few leaks here, a few teases here, a major leak on the side. Looks great. But I’m ok with some kinds of meat while others I just can’t do. So sometimes I may try it and pass on it. Maybe it’s all fat with little meat. So I just chuck it. Leakers, in the end, offer things to try. Chew and bite off too much and you become ingrained in that leakers “group” (Sabi Squad anyone?). And sure, I’m a huge fan of certain restaurants but just because the steak at Gamefaqs looks good doesn’t mean I’m gonna trash and hate on Resetera’s steaks. Just out of a silly notion of loyalty and allegiance? No, thanks. I’ll pass on that brand of craziness. So I’ll try what leakers are offering but, at the end of the day, it’s all gonna come out on the other end eventually so why dwell too much on it?

The only leaks I pay attention to are five star leaks like the Castlevania music leak and SNK trademark leak.
Now you're making me hungry for a good steak.
itI hope this teaches people to be patient and stop trying to predict ever single thing Nintendo is gonna do and let them do things how and when they want to do things
Some people will learn, as for others... no.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Between no February Direct and possibly no E3 2020, I'm half expecting Nintendo to announce a company wide hibernation after Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing release.

Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra will be released when Masuda gets up for his midnight snack.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If we really are getting no Direct and E3 presentation.

....Is Nintendo literally trying to commit business suicide right now?
No, because they don't need E3 to be a platform for news anymore. There are way better (and cheaper) outlets for that now.

Just wait and see what happens. There is still gonna be a summer Direct most likely, no point in panicking over a rumor.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I know this is unrelated to Smash but I can't help myself

His uncle truly works at Nintendo Bandai Namco.

I love ****ing Harada lol
I can't tell which part is the best: saying "he's not your friend", the ****posting or not adressing the part about Jin at all.

I think that most of Fighter Pass 2 is mostly completed in terms of character design with varying levels of completeness. Obviously F11 is probably low-end priority at this point.

it’s worth noting that Cuphead was more or less ready to be released despite the presentation filming in November. Obviously Byleth and 3 Houses content. I have an inkling that fighter packs 6-8 are more or less completed.
Yeah, depends on whether or not they took a break after Byleth, too. Considering they can work on about three characters at once, I guess we would be at CP6 through 8 in terms of current development. How much gameplay they have is the question. Joker was teased twice before his actual showcase and PP, Hero, BK, Terry and Byleth had their gameplay shown in a state where they were still undergoing their final tweaks. Not to mention the latest recordings were in November.

So development probabl already started on these packs, the question is whether or not they're at a level where they are ready have anything shown.

So, yeah, March Direct lookin' pretty good to me right now.
March Direct will probably be an Animal Crossing one, since it would be right before New Horizons' release.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/Vu9CIvKFpZY What do you all think of this?
All I can say is that E3 is gonna be a shadow of its former self if the big three (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) are gonna drop out of it. This feels like the end of an era. Regardless, even if Nintendo drops out of E3 I think they might do the same thing that Sony did and ready up a direct a week or so before E3 officially starts, or they might have a direct a week after E3 by a week or so. Either way I think we'll still get some info around this time period, if we don't then it's safe to say Nintendo has literally nothing to show and most of their big games like Zelda and Metroid are not near completion.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Nintendo only use e3 to have some game playable, they could still do a June Nintendo direct. Also they can still have game playable, just not at the e3 salon. Sony is doing the same thing, the ps5 will be playable but not at e3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And we got nothing. Well guys next month it'll be then which makes it more exciting for me.

An direct, maybe FP6, Bloodshot, My Spy, Spawn releasing and Kombat Pack 2.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
https://youtu.be/Vu9CIvKFpZY What do you all think of this?
Nothing is set in stone yet, but if they don't have anything for E3 this year, then they must have some sort of Direct before then. Can't imagine going from now till fall without any news.
Between no February Direct and possibly no E3 2020, I'm half expecting Nintendo to announce a company wide hibernation after Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing release.

Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra will be released when Masuda gets up for his midnight snack.
He's gonna (Gar)chomp that pudding he's been saving.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I'm dying I'm dead rip me rip Nintendo community rip all the leakers oh how cruel the world the direct is false life is false

I'm going to play AI: Somnium Files, Aiba for Smash ping me when nintendo news

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
E3 just isn't as important as it used to be with the advent of the internet, companies can use their own platforms to get their games out there, and then use different, cheaper events for public demos.

Nintendo skipping E3 is about as impactful to them as it was to Sony, as in "Not at all". People who love E3 season and the traditions around it will hate this rumor and cry foul if it turns out true just like they did back when Nintendo stopped doing live stage presentations. At the end of the day, though? It doesn't matter, because they don't have to rely on an expensive floor show and one time out of the whole year to get news out anymore.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Just to be clear, there’s still nearly half of February left, so too soon to rule the month out.

What has been finalised is leakers who were so damn confident about a direct this week on the 13th-14th, were proven to be nothing more than attention seekers, and shouldn’t be entertained.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What we do know at least is that MandyCan can no longer be reliable and ruled out as an credible leaker. I had a hunch given the whole "Vergeben Sucks".

Faso115

Smash Lord
Next week is Famitsu right?

Well, i expect mr Sakurai to vaguely talk about FP2. Because smash fans sure love vague statements :4pacman:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Well, i expect mr Sakurai to vaguely talk about FP2. Because smash fans sure love vague statements :4pacman:
Smash fans need to accept that it isn't Sakurai's job to leave hints to feed the speculation community. Some people act like he's only allowed to talk if it's related to the identity of the next newcomers.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
What we do know at least is that MandyCan can no longer be reliable and ruled out as an credible leaker. I had a hunch given the whole "Vergeben Sucks".
But the entire point of a hunch is that you guess it instinctively without any fact to back it up. That’s not really a hunch as it’s more of an educated guess. Anyway still got 2 more weeks in February to go. Although it’d be nice to see the storm unfold as long as it’s not too bad. I do understand people’s concern over the lack of a direct 2 months into the year and my response to that is be patient. We are gonna eventually find out info one way or another so no need to worry.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Imagine if they shadow drop a teaser for the next fighter that day. But of course they wouldn't do that....

Unless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom