• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Didn't you deconfirm this assertion?
You can't really disconfirm anything like that if his account wasn't public but I've heard from a few people that it apparently wasn't. I followed him around the time I first heard about him but if I'm not mistaken for you to see their tweets they have to accept it or something. Either way, the only way we can really tell is if Crash really is Fighter 6. If he is then the dude is pretty damn legit because it's been known that knowing the exact order of characters in the DLC is super hard to know so early on. It all comes down to Crash.

As far as I know though, I've heard he's legit. We'll see though cause leakers spring up and fallout really fast.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wish I had my PS4 at college since I could be chipping away at my backlog. Playstation's flash sales have truly been too kind to me.

Seriously though y'all, there are games to play, Smash being one of them.
I've been working on FF7 and Three Houses on my Switch. Gonna finish FF7 tomorrow after I finish some last minute sidequests (did just about most things, except for Ruby and Emerald Weapon fights).

To go back on the topic of Smash, though, I'm still not convinced the next Direct will even have Smash news in it. I'm taking Sakurai for his word here and assuming when he says it'll be some time, it's gonna be some time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How many times did the Studio MDHR guys beat Sakurai to get a spirit event and a costume?
They can probably go through the entire game without taking damage, I can imagine them running circles around Sakurai.

Though the fact that none of them will reveal Sakurai's main is infuriating.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This more or less means series only represented by costumes can be represented more via Spirit events. So a Virtua Fighter event seems like a safe bet.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
It's disappointing that Smash doesn't have alt skins as DLC.

I don't care about mii costumes. Just give us alt costumes for existing characters.

It'll never happen though sigh.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I don't care about mii costumes. Just give us alt costumes for existing characters.

Yeah..I kinda believe that costumes for actual characters would probably sell better than the Mii Fighter costumes.
Its not like most characters are lacking for Costume Options either..and I'd even be fine without alternate colours for them as long as the costume was an appropriate price.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Hmmm... Cuphead spirits but no Undertale ones.

Reminds me of how we didn’t get any Three Houses spirits when we got Pokemon and Astral Chain spirits. Frisk might be playable?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They can probably go through the entire game without taking damage, I can imagine them running circles around Sakurai.

Though the fact that none of them will reveal Sakurai's main is infuriating.
Not to mention they would probably be ******* gods at parrying. :)

I mean, of the two indie devs who played agains Sakurai, both made games where you need to dodge a lot. Maybe Sakurai should choose a dev with worse reflexes for a change.

Jokes aside... I can see Necrodancer getting a costume/event. Maybe Hyper Light Drifter and A Hat in Time too.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
We already got Megalovania listed under the Others section in the music, so i doubt they would offer the series a separate spot.
They could always change that. But I doubt it. If there was ever a chance to get an Undertale fighter, Sakurai would have approached Toby for more than just a costume and a song.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
After Cuphead spirit event there is no reason to do the same with Undertale. If Toby Fox wants, of course.

Since Kunio has been spirited I do revenge on everyone who seems to like other Arc System stuff. :ghost088:
That's fair.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Tuxedo Snake...
Why don't we have Tuxedo Snake...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/Vu9CIvKFpZY What do you all think of this?
Just saw it. But I think they don't need the E3 presentation floor to show stuff. It's possible we might not get something during E3 itself, but I have no doubts they'll have their own Direct sometime.

EDIT: However... I do think this brings into question how this will affect the Direct schedule for the year. Not just for the Smash reveals, but for everything else as well.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hero?? What are you guys talking about, we haven’t even gotten Piranha Plant yet!

:troll:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Keep in mind, Shulk was announced in a Japan-only E3, so Nintendo was likely iffy on just how the west would receive his reveal. Likewise, you couldn't announce Duck Hunt/Bowser Jr. as (up until Ultimate) Sakurai never announces unique, unlockable newcomers before release. That leaves two left, Robin and Palutena. My guess is the reason they went with Palutena is either that Robin's trailer announced multiple characters in it (Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon), so they wanted to save it for later, or Palutena having multiple special moves made her announcement work well alongside the Mii Fighters.

Regardless, E3 always announcing big characters =/= big characters can only be announced at E3. If Cloud Strife, Simon Belmont, and King K. Rool can be announced in regular directs, I think Crash (or anyone else) could be announced during a regular direct.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Deep down in my gut, I get the feeling that Pack 2 will officially launch around E3 with a teaser maybe a little beforehand. Then a character release in August’ish with the Fighter’s Pass 2 wrapping up Summer 2021.
F6 - August 2020
F7 - November 2020
F8 - January 2021
F9 - March 2021
F10 - June 2021
F11 - August/September 2021

is this too pessimistic?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Regardless, E3 always announcing big characters
Yeah, that's why :ultridley: was an E3 reveal.

...in all seriousness, You make a good point about Shulk. It's another reason why E3 is the best place to reveal another western character. And also the best place for revealing more than one character. In fact, I can't remember the last time we didn't get a double reveal at E3.

Deep down in my gut, I get the feeling that Pack 2 will officially launch around E3 with a teaser maybe a little beforehand. Then a character release in August’ish with the Fighter’s Pass 2 wrapping up Summer 2021.
F6 - August 2020
F7 - November 2020
F8 - January 2021
F9 - March 2021
F10 - June 2021
F11 - August/September 2021

is this too pessimistic?
Nah, that feels about right to me. I still think we'll get a Joker-like tease before E3, but I'm not expecting it now. And even then, I can't see them launching before E3.

Maybe they'll tease the first one before, then E3 is their dedicated presentation, along with the trailer for Challenger Pack 7. Challenger Pack 6 would then release around July/August, with 7 being in November/December.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Cuphead’s Spirit Battle doesn’t use the Mii Costume. Welp, there goes the possibility of DLC characters and costumes being in free spirit events...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i don't want to tip you guys off or anything.. but my sources say that e3 dill reveal some truly western characters.. some boyish faces........ pickle

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Keep in mind, Shulk was announced in a Japan-only E3, so Nintendo was likely iffy on just how the west would receive his reveal. Likewise, you couldn't announce Duck Hunt/Bowser Jr. as (up until Ultimate) Sakurai never announces unique, unlockable newcomers before release. That leaves two left, Robin and Palutena. My guess is the reason they went with Palutena is either that Robin's trailer announced multiple characters in it (Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon), so they wanted to save it for later, or Palutena having multiple special moves made her announcement work well alongside the Mii Fighters.

Regardless, E3 always announcing big characters =/= big characters can only be announced at E3. If Cloud Strife, Simon Belmont, and King K. Rool can be announced in regular directs, I think Crash (or anyone else) could be announced during a regular direct.
The only character I can't see being announced outside of E3 at all is Master Chief, or a Sony character.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
No direct announcement.

I hope this means people will stop believing phony leakers as if every post they create is gospel truth.

They sounded so damn sure of a direct, only to be proven wrong.

We don't even need Crash to be F6 to invalidate existing "insiders."

Fighter pass security is probably way tighter than a general direct, and if they can't even get info on that, then they know **** all tbh.

On the flip side... DMC3 news today!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No direct announcement.

I hope this means people will stop believing phony leakers as if every post they create is gospel truth.

They sounded so damn sure of a direct, only to be proven wrong.

We don't even need Crash to be F6 to invalidate existing "insiders."

Fighter pass security is probably way tighter than a general direct, and if they can't even get info on that, then they know **** all tbh.
Wait 39 or so more minutes, it’s not 10 AM EST yet

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, that's why :ultridley: was an E3 reveal.

...in all seriousness, You make a good point about Shulk. It's another reason why E3 is the best place to reveal another western character. And also the best place for revealing more than one character. In fact, I can't remember the last time we didn't get a double reveal at E3.

Nah, that feels about right to me. I still think we'll get a Joker-like tease before E3, but I'm not expecting it now. And even then, I can't see them launching before E3.

Maybe they'll tease the first one before, then E3 is their dedicated presentation, along with the trailer for Challenger Pack 7. Challenger Pack 6 would then release around July/August, with 7 being in November/December.
I often underhype/underwhelm most things as to not give both mine and other’s hopes up. That being said, I’m perfectly fine with that timeline or even pushing it back later. I would imagine many in this thread and the Smash community would be practically on life support if we didn’t get F6 until January 2021 lol. I kind of want to see that happen.

On that note, I was chatting with a irl friend whose talks casual Smash. He was explaining to me that he thinks F6 is coming this month with a reveal and release plus a teaser for F7. All because Byleth.

We had a nice, long chat.

Unrelated but kind related where I saw people talking about leakers.

I view leakers as I do with slabs of meat. They look delicious; especially when they are grilled up nice with all the trimmings. A few leaks here, a few teases here, a major leak on the side. Looks great. But I’m ok with some kinds of meat while others I just can’t do. So sometimes I may try it and pass on it. Maybe it’s all fat with little meat. So I just chuck it. Leakers, in the end, offer things to try. Chew and bite off too much and you become ingrained in that leakers “group” (Sabi Squad anyone?). And sure, I’m a huge fan of certain restaurants but just because the steak at Gamefaqs looks good doesn’t mean I’m gonna trash and hate on Resetera’s steaks. Just out of a silly notion of loyalty and allegiance? No, thanks. I’ll pass on that brand of craziness. So I’ll try what leakers are offering but, at the end of the day, it’s all gonna come out on the other end eventually so why dwell too much on it?

The only leaks I pay attention to are five star leaks like the Castlevania music leak and SNK trademark leak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom