• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I love that in the Smash community there are only three ways to disconfirm a picture/video:

1. Someone exactly replicates the leak itself without any variation whatsoever.
2. The person responsible for the leak reveals themselves as such.
3. The window for speculation on it literally closes because the game/DLC is over.

Anything short of those for the Smash community just allows leaks to fester in perpetuity despite any other additional evidence or circumstances. It's just a ridiculous amount of scrutiny for such things, and so many people seem to operate from the starting point of "It's real until proven fake" instead of the "it's fake until proven real" that requires us to actually hold the leaker under scrutiny and places the ball firmly in their court to validate their own claims.
Case in point: Drunk Cat 2: Electric Boogaloo.

People like to believe leaks that support their fav characters. I'd probably be guilty of it too if a 4chan post claimed 2B was in.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
After what they did with the Frozen land in KH3, the absolute WORST world, Id rather no disney worlds. I wanna see Nomuras imagination fly, not stuck in a chage because of lame disney worlds.
And I'm sure the Disney fans would like to play some good Disney games without having to wade through mountains of Nomura's crap as well.

Just gonna say that anyone who uses the term "normie" unironically pretty much makes me take anything they gotta say waaaaay less seriously.
Real Gs call them "muggles".

I don't know about you guys but right now I'm more excited for a certain fan game's arriving update than smash ultimate.
Well, it DOES have Sora...

Last edited:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
... Does the term boomer mean something different nowadays or are you guys just misusing it? My grandparents are boomers. They have no idea what Banjo-Kazooie or Super Smash Bros. even are. At best, they could probably identify Mario, Pac-Man, and maybe Pikachu in a line up of Smash fighters.

Why do I keep hearing people under 30 referring to anyone over 30 as a boomer? I don't understand the youth of today. Now get off my lawn.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
... Does the term boomer mean something different nowadays or are you guys just misusing it? My grandparents are boomers. They have no idea what Banjo-Kazooie or Super Smash Bros. even are. At best, they could probably identify Mario, Pac-Man, and maybe Pikachu in a line up of Smash fighters.

Why do I keep hearing people under 30 referring to anyone over 30 as a boomer? I don't understand the youth of today. Now get off my lawn.
Yeh, it basically just means old guy. Doesn't explicitly refer to the generation of people by the same name.
As it comes to video games, the generation that pioneered growing up on consoles.
I guess it actually refers to Gen X and some few older Millennial.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

They're misusing it. Here's what a boomer actually is...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My thoughts:
  1. Until they are officially disconfimed, I don't really have any reason to believe that they are.
  2. The exception to this is DLC spirit events, because I find it farfetched that they'd negotiate for the characters if they were just going to do it again a little on down the line, and if the character isn't third party, then oftentimes, most of the major characters from this game.
  3. Pokémon is an exception to this though, as the IP is first party, there are very few Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield spirits in the game. This doesn't make a Pokémon more likely, just possible. EDIT: Also I'm sure any new Pokémon character would sell like hotcakes despite severe backlash from the Super Smash Bros. community.
  4. This whole argument is stupid since all either side has to provide as evidence is a lack of precedent; Just because we haven't got a promotion yet doesn't mean we won't, and just because spirits have not official disconfirmation doesn't mean we'll get a spirit promotion. All that changes is who we talk about, and I say the more characters there are to talk about the less likely we're to spiral into the same five over and over.

Yeh, it basically just means old guy.
Also, it's directory now...Because we needed more hateful words in the English language.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I love that in the Smash community there are only three ways to disconfirm a picture/video:

3. The window for speculation on it literally closes because the game/DLC is over.

Anything short of those for the Smash community just allows leaks to fester in perpetuity despite any other additional evidence or circumstances. It's just a ridiculous amount of scrutiny for such things, and so many people seem to operate from the starting point of "It's real until proven fake" instead of the "it's fake until proven real" that requires us to actually hold the leaker under scrutiny and places the ball firmly in their court to validate their own claims.
In the case of Cacomallow, no one here said it was real, just explaining why they don’t want to dismiss it. Even if it was replicated I personally wouldn’t dismiss it, as they could replicate an official Mii costume, though it does bring reasonable doubt. Everyone who doubts it does so for good reasons, and I believe everyone who doesn’t want to dismiss it as fake, even if they wouldn’t care much if it was due to not seeing it as “necessary” or whatever (like me, and I only talked about it in a reply since it was mentioned and continued when it was implied I shouldn’t even consider it), also has understandable/good reasons, and people shouldn’t be put down and laughed at for humoring it/bothered and harped on to take it as 100% fake just for stating their own thoughts on it >:/ In the end, it doesn’t matter much anyway and there’s no need to take it this seriously.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My thoughts:
  • Until they are officially disconfimed, I don't really have any reason to believe that they are.
  • The exception to this is DLC spirit events, because I find it farfetched that they'd negotiate for the characters if they were just going to do it again a little on down the line, and if the character isn't third party, then oftentimes, most of the major characters from this game.
  • Pokémon is an exception to this though, as the IP is first party, there are very few Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield spirits in the game. This doesn't make a Pokémon more likely, just possible. EDIT: Also I'm sure any new Pokémon character would sell like hotcakes despite severe backlash from the Super Smash Bros. community.
  • This whole argument is stupid since all either side has to provide as evidence is a lack of precedent; Just because we haven't got a promotion yet doesn't mean we won't, and just because spirits have not official disconfirmation doesn't mean we'll get a spirit promotion. All that changes is who we talk about, and I say the more characters there are to talk about the less likely we're to spiral into the same five over and over.

Also, it's directory now...Because we needed more hateful words in the English language.
Boomers take pride in being boomers.
The only power words have are what you allow them to have.
I'd rather be a Boomer as opposed to a Zoomer.... just saiyan.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Its not really that at all.

Its more like the constant fanrule excuse that I see over and over again that make it literally impossible to present my points to other people in this community.
I think most of the people who use the word "fanrule" aren't trying to come across as dismissive like you portray them. Many fans genuinely believe that people are jumping the gun with this like they did with "third-parties only". A lot of this is still based off patterns, assumptions, and vague statements that could be interpreted a number of different ways, and that makes it hard to treat anything as definite.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think most of the people who use the word "fanrule" aren't trying to come across as dismissive like you portray them. Many fans genuinely believe that people are jumping the gun with this like they did with "third-parties only". A lot of this is still based off patterns, assumptions, and vague statements that could be interpreted a number of different ways, and that makes it hard to treat anything as definite.
This and the picks we've been getting seem to be instilling an "anything is possible" vibe in most people.
EDIT: If rules and precedents are to be broken, it feels like now would be the time for this to happen.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't know if it's just me, but I see everyone predicting Crash as a Sony rep, and yea, he used to be owned by Sony and was part of the big three, but he really doesn't feel like Sony anymore, or a good representation of them. I'd feel happy to see Sonic, Crash, and Mario finally together and also for everyone who wants Crash but I feel like Sackboy would be a much, much better Sony rep, and I honestly would be a lot more hyped for him, if that's the case. Who knows though, even if neither of them get in, I have a feeling Rayman will, unless they pull a sneaky and make him a Mii costume, despite all the opportunities they could've already... (I mean a lot of this has been said already but oh well)
Crash isn't owned by Sony. He never was.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

The reason people operate on a "real until proven fake" with regards to this CacoMallow Post is because it looks very real. It lacks a lot of the usual stuff that would immediately call it into question such as odd model warping, egregiously bad clipping, any existing models that it could've been adapted from being found, and pretty clean texture work that, according to the guy who made the Mallow hat mod for Ultimate, was kind of hard to get around. If it's fake, then it's one of the best Smash fakes I've seen, right up there with the Palutena Hoax back during the Smash 4 days.

Just gonna point out that CacoMallow only conveniently shows Mii costumes on an already released stage. Not to mention, also outright memes with Ken.

No characters, music, stage, nothing of substance. Just Mii costumes. Again, how convenient.
I won't deny that it's convenient, but it's not enough to seriously call it all into question. Maybe the stage and fighter was chosen because it's fake and they wanted to avoid that, or maybe it was all he had access to when leaking this, or maybe that stage was chosen by chance. Maybe the Ken thumbs-up pose was included to pass this fake off as legit, or maybe it was a calling card of sorts to tell people that this was indeed the same guy as the Ken Leak, or maybe they thought it would be funny to make him do that pose.

Regardless of what you think, real, fake, or not, it's all still just conjecture with nothing definitive to back either side.

Its not really that at all.

Its more like the constant fanrule excuse that I see over and over again that make it literally impossible to present my points to other people in this community.
When someone says a character cannot become a fighter because they were already included as a Spirit, that is a fan rule. There is nothing official saying that a character cannot become a fighter if they were already included as a Spirit, that an assumption made by the fans that is treated as an iron-clad rule. It may be a reasonable assumtion based on prior precedent, and people may even turn out to be correct in believing that as likely, but it is not a definitive rule.

They're misusing it. Here's what a boomer actually is...
That's not a Boomer, THIS is a Boomer!
Boomerrpg.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's just a way some people call others old. In a "Yeah whatever, Grandpa!" kind of way. It wouldn't exactly be the first time an old word got a second type of use when taken up by a new generation and junk. Then Zoomer ended being the opposite of that, being another way to refer to people dumb kids or something.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Yeh, it basically just means old guy. Doesn't explicitly refer to the generation of people by the same name.
As it comes to video games, the generation that pioneered growing up on consoles.
I guess it actually refers to Gen X and some few older Millennial.
It's just a way some people call others old. In a "Yeah whatever, Grandpa!" kind of way. It wouldn't exactly be the first time an old word got a second type of use when taken up by a new generation and junk. Then Zoomer ended being the opposite of that, being another way to refer to people dumb kids or something.
That level of irony is every bit as clever as I've come to expect from a generation that will be remembered for eating laundry detergent.

What? Come on, I'm kidding.:4pacman:

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
If we do get another Pokémon, I don’t see the issue in having another Spirit Board. Why is that a big deal and so damning? Do a Spirit Board with some of the popular Pokémon of Sword & Shield and Gigantamax Charizard are the “Legendary” spirit. Or some stuff from the Expansion Passes.

Literally,
Snom - Novice (Ice Climbers with Unira. Only certain items appear in this battle (Freezies)

Wooloo - Novice (Jigglypuff. Opponent favors neutral
special.)

Yamper- Novice (Pichu. Opponent auto grabs items. Speed is increased.)

Cramorant- Advanced (Falco. Opponent equipped with Steel Diver.)

Drednaw - Advanced (Bowser. Increased strength. Hard to make flinch.)

Obstagoon - Advanced (Wolf. Opponent favors down special.)

Toxtricity - Advanced (Pikachu. Opponent has strong electrical attacks. Certain moves may poison you.)

Rillaboom - Ace (Donkey Kong. Favors down special. Increased strength. Lipstick equipped.)

Cinderace - Ace (Wii Fit Trainer. Bunny Hood equipped. Only certain items appear (Soccer balls))

Inteleon- Ace (Zero Suit Samus. Super Scope Equipped. Opponent projectile attacks have increased strength.)

Gigantamax Charizard - Legendary (Charizard. Enemy is giant. Hard to launch. Enemy becomes stronger after awhile. Flame moves have more strength.)

Just some ideas. Possibly remove on of the final starter forms if they are the Pokémon chosen.
So, what’s the issue? It’d be a great way for them to further promote the games and their upcoming DLC.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Y'know, I never thought about asking him why he doesn't show up in general speculation though I'm probably also sure someone else asked that question (and it came up more than once) and he already answered it.
Missed this the first time around somehow.

Simple answer is he cares about the Geno community, and only the Geno community. At least that's what I've gleaned from the answer he's given. He's free to correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't really check this thread from what I've seen. He's also totally free to isolate himself to that community if he wants to (not counting the ultimatum the mods gave him on discussing other characters), but as someone that's been a semi-insider before, it just kind of makes you look like an unprofessional fanboy. Of course it's different if you're not actually associated with any outlet (journalistic or otherwise), so it doesn't really matter in any grand way.

Doesn't change the fact that it's downright bizarre that the Geno thread is the first one to find out why someone like Dante or Crash is "super likely" and not their respective character threads or even the general speculation thread, all because of some loophole that allows that information to be related back to Geno in the most tenuous of ways.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if they do add another Pokemon, I think a decent question would be which one? Cause I could kind of see one of the main DLC Pokemon in a promotional sense, yet any fully evolved Starter could work too. And a lot of people like that Electric/Poison Pokemon. Though I dunno if Game Freak wants to market it.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like Geno will be premium Mii Costume like Sans and Cuphead.
He felt like Smash 4's precursor to Ultimate's premium Mii Costumes, since back then Geno was the only Mii Costume to get a splash screen.
I bet he comes with Forest Maze music track.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wasn't telling him to do that at all, but whatever, reading is hard I guess.
How hard is it to accept that women exist on the internet. I'm so ****ing tired of people seeing someone called Gwen and go "yup this is absolutely, undeniably a man". Just because doxxing yourself is seen as super smart in the Geno thread doesn't mean I'm willing to endanger multiple of my irl friends. This whole ****ing debate is stupid because the fact you can't replicate a model is being 'debunked' because "yuh huh you can I said so" and that it's not even the strongest argument in favour of Cacomallow being dead but rather the debug timer not matching up with the actual debug timer and the fact the costumes were the only things shown

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
On the topic of Cacomallow or whatever we’re calling it...
It’s not something that can be definitively debunked so I’m not going to say it is. Still, the red flags are enormous:
  • The video doesn’t show the Mii customization screen, which could have shown us if these were mods.
  • The video doesn’t show any new characters or stages
  • The video doesn’t show any of the Mii costumes that came with Terry or Byleth.
If it did any of those things, it could have been verified by now, but we’ve had two Mii costume waves go by and Cacodemon and Mallow are still absent.
Also, the leak is just manipulative in nature, making people draw conclusions about Doomslayer and Geno themselves in order to generate more discussion.

I personally think it’s fake. The one thing that it supposedly had going for it was this type of mod was too hard to create, and that doesn’t even look to be the case anymore. I guess we’ll see.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly I do feel like Sakurai didn't really think of K. Rool very much until the ballot.

Like look at Ridley and you'll notice had a signifcant role in each Smash prior to Ultimate.

From a cameo in Planet Zebe's background, to a cameo in the opening to Melee, to not one but two different boss fights in SSE, to appearing a boss hazard with a stock icon on Pyrosphere. Sakurai has always been aware of Ridley's significance and popularity, it's just that he didn't think he could do the character justice as a small playable fighter.

Meanwhile, with K. Rool...

All he ever got prior to the Smash 4 ballot was trophy cameos.
Major difference: the same fanbase who pushed for K.Rool was first responsible for pushing Diddy Kong, because Diddy also wasn't there yet. This was mostly significant after Melee and we started to speculate for new characters. Meanwhile Ridley got a cult following after the Melee trailer where Samus fought Ridley. We where pushing for King K.Rool just AFTER we got Diddy. You can ask around with the oldies and see this for a fact.

The massive outcry for K.Rool didn't really get to its highest point untill Smash 4. Where he was easily one of the most requested characters together with Mewtwo, Megaman and Ridley. And was even more popular than characters as Roy, Shulk, Palutena and Little Mac.

So just because we didn't have Diddy in Melee, we lost traction for K.Rool. Took us two games of massive rallying and still we got K.Rool in the same game as Ridley. So take that as you will.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Since people are talking about spirits anyway, I want to mention that the main reason I'm wary of upgrades it that I suspect a second season was planned from the beginning and they merely chose to reveal it later; because of that most people have defaulted to assuming that they must have decided upon it some time after the game's release.

Whenever I ask for proof that this is the case I'm always hit with speculation and conjecture. Does anyone have any definitive proof, or statement, that confirms that season 2 was something they decided later? I would really appreciate it.
I'm super late to this, but months ago I saw a clip of Imran Khan reacting to September Direct saying that the probably decided to do a second pass around E3 2019 after seeing all the positive reaction to Hero and Banjo.
I haven't found that clip yet sadly.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'll say two things about the CacoMallow leak.

1. The longer we go without an answer, the more likely it's fake.
2. Seems rather convenient that two Mii Costumes, things that are usually made last, are the only things shown off. No new characters, no new stage.
Here's the thing: from what we know of Ultimate's pipeline, they can work on about 3 DLC characters at once.

Meaning that for Cacomallow to have been real, the costumes would have to come with Challenger Pack 7 (second S2 character) at the latest, because it dropped a bit after Terry.

Any longer than that and it stops making any sense because there's no way a Mii Costume would be made this far in advance.

As far as this kinda thing goes... I'm actually curious because it would be the first case of a modder making things work to this extent inside of Ultimate and I'd like to see what the community can do in the future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash isn't owned by Sony. He never was.
Huh, you're right, I guess since Sony published the first three and now owns Naughty Dog, I assumed they once did, sorry about that

My point still stands tho

Last edited by a moderator:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Any chances on any of this becoming DLC?
It is Smash Ultimate after all...
I miss it all.

Assist Trophies
Barbara
Electman
Excitebikes
Helirin
Infantry & Tanks
Jill
Kat & Ana
Lakitu & Spinies
Magnus
Mr. Resetti
Ray MK III
Saki
Tingle

Stages
Icicle Mountain
Jungle Hijinx
Miiverse
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
Mute City (Melee)
Orbital Gate Assault
Pac-Maze
Planet Zebes
Poke Floats
Pyrosphere
Rainbow Road
Rumble Falls
Sector Z
Woolly World
Meta Crystal

Items
Barrel Cannon
Cloaking Device
Cracker Launcher
Fan
Flipper
Parasol
Red Shell
Spring
Team Healer

Pokeball Pokemon
Articuno
Beedrill
Blastoise
Bonsly
Celebi
Chansey
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Clefairy
Groudon
Gulpin
Hitmonlee
Ho-Oh
Jirachi
Koffing
Manaphy
Marill
Munchlax
Onix
Raikou
Starmie
Torchic
Venusaur
Unown
Weaville
Weezing
Wobbuffet
Zapdos

Modes
Break The Targets
Board The Platforms

ZelDan

Smash Master
Even if the CacoMallow leak maybe isn't 100%, completely disconfirmed or off the table, there's still enough going against it that I cannot really take it seriously and don't really believe it's real.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
There are two types of people.

Those who believe Cacomallow is real.

Those who accepted Santa isn't real when they were in their early teens.

Huh, you're right, I guess since Sony published the first three and now owns Naughty Dog, I assumed they once did, sorry about that

Sony only ever published the first Kart racer in the series, Universal Vivendi owned the rights and published the games until they merged with Activision and then Activision retain the rights after their split from Vivendi.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well, if they do add another Pokemon, I think a decent question would be which one? Cause I could kind of see one of the main DLC Pokemon in a promotional sense, yet any fully evolved Starter could work too. And a lot of people like that Electric/Poison Pokemon. Though I dunno if Game Freak wants to market it.
Any of the outcomes you mentioned above likely have the highest probabilities.

Starter Final Evolution: Rillaboom/Inteleon/Cinderace

DLC Expansion: Urshifu (Single/Rapid Strike)

If history shows us anything is that it will likely come down to who Nintendo/Pokemon Company want to market and promote this generation.

Usually what happens in the anime gives an idea who it will likely be, But it's still very early this gen and the show has yet to hit U.S/West, But Sun and Moon is wrapping up very soon here so it probably won't be much longer until we think who it might be.

If I had to make a guess it's gonna come down to Rillaboom or Inteleon, Cinderace I think is less likelier than the other 2 only because one thing we do know is that Ash's traveling companion's main Pokemon is Scorbunny and history shows us that Ash's main starter during the generation at the time that takes priority based on past promoted Pokemon in Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar who made into Super Smash Bros over the years.

Urshifu makes a lot of sense as it's release lines up nicely with the 2nd fighter pass and Pokemon Sword & Shield DLC Expansion releases this Summer and Fall, Plus he's a Fighting Type Pokemon based on Kung Fu/Martial Arts Style combat which should transitioned nicely into Smash.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sony only ever published the first Kart racer in the series, Universal Vivendi owned the rights and published the games until they merged with Activision and then Activision retain the rights after their split from Vivendi.
I can't find a clear answer on the internet but Sony is listed on various sites as a publisher for the games before that.

Did they publish the games in certain regions but not all?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, they published the games all the way up to 2001 (so Crash Bash and before), Vivendi published the games after 2001

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing I just remembered is that it's possible the costumes exist as proof of concept and that's as far as they got(and were told no when it came to actually using them). That wouldn't prevent them being leaked, but that would mean them being tied with a character wouldn't exist either. So of course there's nothing else to show off. That, if it were true, would mean the leak is real, but also be a death sentence to potentially some characters even moreso than before.

Of course, leakers don't show everything to begin with, and may have only seen that part or only could gather data of that particular part as well. Leaks aren't "everything at once", but bits and pieces. Overall, stuff like "why they only showed the costumes and nothing else" has more than one possibility why.

I don't put stock into these possibilities, but I'm just keeping an open mind. Leaks aren't very black and white, after all.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
If we're getting another Pokemon rep, I'd say it's a Pokemon we haven't seen yet. If one of the Sw/Sh box legendaries or starters were getting in, they probably wouldn't have bothered putting in the Sw/Sh spirits that we ended up getting. My bet is it would be whatever 'new' form of Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus gets made, or something significant to the Gen IV remakes.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Even though Crash Bandicoot is owned by Activision, The franchise is heavily associated with Sony's Playstation brand as the de facto mascot for the console and when the series was in it's prime.

Considering Sony is very unlikely to play ball with Nintendo regarding their 1st Party franchises/characters. Crash is the closest thing that is viewed as "The Sony Playstation Mascot" to rival Mario and Sonic that is considered fair game and reasonably obtainable.

Banjo-Kazooie are in a very similar situation where legally and technically they are 1st Party Microsoft Xbox characters, But to this very day are still viewed as 1st/2nd Party Nintendo characters because of their origins and claim to fame during the N64 era which is why their Super Smash Bros debut was seen as such a big deal.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd say Cloud, Snake and Joker also fufill the "pseudo-Sony/Playstation rep" quota that Crash would fall into.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even though Crash Bandicoot is owned by Activision, The franchise is heavily associated with Sony's Playstation brand as the de facto mascot for the console and when the series was in it's prime.

Considering Sony is very unlikely to play ball with Nintendo regarding their 1st Party franchises/characters. Crash is the closest thing that is viewed as "The Sony Playstation Mascot" to rival Mario and Sonic that is considered fair game and reasonably obtainable.

Banjo-Kazooie are in a very similar situation where legally and technically they are 1st Party Microsoft Xbox characters, But to this very day are still viewed as 1st/2nd Party Nintendo characters because of their origins and claim to fame during the N64 era which is why their Super Smash Bros debut was seen as such a big deal.
I addressed a lot of this earlier:

I don't know if it's just me, but I see everyone predicting Crash as a Sony rep, and yea, he used to be owned by Sony and was part of the big three, but he really doesn't feel like Sony anymore, or a good representation of them. I'd feel happy to see Sonic, Crash, and Mario finally together and also for everyone who wants Crash but I feel like Sackboy would be a much, much better Sony rep, and I honestly would be a lot more hyped for him, if that's the case. Who knows though, even if neither of them get in, I have a feeling Rayman will, unless they pull a sneaky and make him a Mii costume, despite all the opportunities they could've already... (I mean a lot of this has been said already but oh well)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Doesn't change the fact that it's downright bizarre that the Geno thread is the first one to find out why someone like Dante or Crash is "super likely" and not their respective character threads or even the general speculation thread, all because of some loophole that allows that information to be related back to Geno in the most tenuous of ways.
Funny thing, he tried to do that in the Dante thread. Didn't go well for him lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm just saying, fighter 6 ain't dropping til march at the earliest, so that'd make it around 6 months minimum since cacaomallow "leaked", and note that it could end up being even longer

mii costumes seem like such a simple thing to produce, that I'd assume they wouldn't take that long. They're literally just model swaps. It's not like you're making a brand new character from scratch. Not to mention, the costumes looked pretty much ready to go

oh, and of course there's also the fact that we've had two wave of mii costumes come and go with no cacaomallow in sight. Really makes you think, huh?

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Just like to point out that the spirit event was probably finalised around the time of the June Pokemon direct as there is only Pokemon who were prominently featured in the two directs. No Sirfetch’d, no starter Evos no nothing aside from Pokemon featured in February and June. They could have simply finalised it around June and just released it anyway because they had a schedule they wanted to keep up with. I’m only spitballing with the latter idea but the first part is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom