• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krankees

Smash Ace
You kidding me? She's so slow I feel like I could write a 5pg essay before her down air's startup lag ends.
I mean like everyone was saying they would only be a bit faster than Robin but it doesn't feel like that.

EDIT: Just tested Robin, they seem the same so nevermind

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

So can someone tell me if this tweet still says all vol 2 will arrive by December 31st 2021. But because this tweet when I translated on the site says by 2021.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So can someone tell me if this tweet still says all vol 2 will arrive by December 31st 2021. But because this tweet when I translated on the site says by 2021.
Didn't Sakurai himself say that it was all planned to drop by December 2021 when the new pass with 6 characters was first announced?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I definitely loved that in the final battle of Byleth's classic route
All the other FE characters join you to fight Master and Crazy Hand

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Byleth seems a lot like Marth (not as a character as a gameplan), you either do big damage or jack ****. The only combo I can pull off is Up Throw to Up Special.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

"Until the end of 2021"

Yeah. It might not be December but it'll be damn close.

Which means we'll probably get 3 this year and... 3 next year... damn.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
This was honestly the best way to nerf Joker, IMO. Arsene is a little too strong and prominent in Joker's kit to be classified as a comeback mechanic, so the player really shouldn't get massive rewards for taking damage.
It's not like they're going to stop there. Let's be real here lol.

I still don't think he needed any, but people who wanted nerfs won. Nintendo will always back them of course.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Yeah Byleth's not for me but the references are pretty good. Manuela and Hanneman for Seteth's spirit battle was a nice surprise, the portrait for beating classic mode is great, and "MY BATTLE ENDS HEEEEEEEEERE" is a top tier star KO quote.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

If history repeats itself, then it's most likely gonna end next year. Some slow months of speculation await.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Could you imagine if Geno got Mii-costumed with the FP6 and somehow Crash got deconfirmed by Activision? That'd be a kick in the crotch to speculation. No more Doomguy, Crash, or Geno to put into hypothetical passes.
Dream scenario honestly.

By the end of 2021. Which I'm still thinking is a Placeholder.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Guys Up-b can combo on the ground and it combos into air side b at certain percents. The combo can even kill

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yep, Byleth is not my cup of tea playstyle wise, which is sad, cause I like all their different weapons but they're just too slow for my playstyle, even Corrin who arguably has more range are faster than Byleth.

However, Byleth does do a lot of damage with their moves, and their swordwhip Up B is handy I'll give them that. Hope others are having a better luck using them in Smash

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
So far I'm enjoying Byleth.
The death quote is hilarious.
I love Byleth's taunts, victory poses, voice lines and pretty much everything except the actual character lol

Not as hard hitting as the other heavies and not as annoying as the other zoners. They're... average.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
In all honesty, Byleth is my favorite of all the FE characters in the Smash roster. Partially because Three Houses is my 2019 GOTY but also because the moveset is a bit more straightfoward. I always have difficulty with counter attacks so this helps a lot.

And Byleth feels more like a "Complete" representation of a Fire emblem character than most of the other characters if that makes sense.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does Byleth only have two victory animations? I'm either extremely unlucky or I've only seen two because there only are two.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Byleth has three like any other fighter. Each gender has slight variants in some of the poses a la Inkling or Pokemon Trainer.

Robin and Corrin fans meanwhile cry in a corner.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As someone who was salty about Byleth....I quite enjoy her. She has a good range of tools and is fun. She, alongside Robin and Corrin feel the most unique among the Fire Emblem gang. Am I glad Byleth is in the game? I don't know. The moveset is cool, the stage is great, and the music is beautiful. But the thing is I have almost zero attachment to Fire Emblem in general. I can at least say that Byleth does add more variety to the roster with an interesting moveset. And no, this still does not convince me to try a Fire Emblem game.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's not like they're going to stop there. Let's be real here lol.

I still don't think he needed any, but people who wanted nerfs won. Nintendo will always back them of course.
The worst part is Joker really doesn't need that many nerfs to be balanced, seeing how he's pretty reasonable in his base form. It's only when Arsene comes out that things get a little janky. I'm scared they're going to go too far in the other direction, do general damage nerfs on his entire moveset, and make it impossible to get anything done without Arsene.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Byleth has three like any other fighter. Each gender has slight variants in some of the poses a la Inkling or Pokemon Trainer.

Robin and Corrin fans meanwhile cry in a corner.
How dare you! Corrin has a good victory pose show em Corrin

Corrin: "Good" *good pose intensifies*

Room for one more in the corner? Thanks *cries intensifies*

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
WHAAAAATT!!? THE SHOTOS CAN CANCEL MOVES FROM DOWN SMASH NOW!?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's extremely fitting Byleth launched today, seeing how it's a Deduesday.

Also, Byleth is extremely fun, but Failnaught is kinda hot garbage. I don't care how powerful the projectile is, I shouldn't have to commit to a 5 year mortgage to use it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Saw this in one of my discords. Are there any characters not in Smash that you feel like 100% deserve to be in Smash. Like there are no counterpoints(or valid ones anyway, not that dumb **** where we had someone screaming that we cant have 2 DLC characters wearing trench coats in the game), no obvious reasons from them to not be in, and it feels like the only thing keeping them out is the fact they just haven't been picked yet. Overall, this character really should be here and them not being in it feels wrong.

I'm really not sure there is one. Inkling was the only slam dunk for me right off the bat and she was the first one taken care of. Interested in hearing opinions on this because it feels like all the must haves might be covered
Off the top of my head right now, I think these characters would "deserve" to be in right now. You could probably think of a few minor counterpoints for these, but none that can't be shot down almost immediately.
  • Crash Bandicoot. One of the biggest gaming all-stars not in Smash right now, and while he's not owned by Sony and technically never has been, he still deserves to be in as an icon (yes, he is an icon, and I've no clue why his being an icon was even a debate in the first place) of the Nintendo vs. PlayStation rivalry of the late 90's. Closest counterpoint I can think of would be his being owned by Activision right now, who may or may not be willing to play ball... though as far as I'm concerned this is a "Wait for official instructions" situation, until either it happens, or Sakurai goes "Deconfirming characters, that's my 'ficial instructions".
  • Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton, who I'm grouping together because I think they deserve to be in for the same reason: they're both technically third-party characters, but their games have almost always been on Nintendo systems, and are so heavily associated with the Nintendo brand that they might as well be "honorary" first-party characters. Even if Smash Ultimate wasn't going in heavy with the third-party guests, Wright and Layton would still feel like essential "Nintendo All-Star" characters that deserve to be in.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Activision has supported the switch with plenty of titles and was one the companies listed in some switch direct i can recall right now, so i can see them collaborating for a Crash inclusion.

I just want a reference to the old Crash commercials where Crash is the Plumber Boy worst nightmare

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Byleth feels a bit underbaked as I suspected. Can't aim their side aerials, no multiple inputs on anything etc. All their moves hit like Ganondorfs which is kinda novel.

I turned off all the Three Houses music since I've heard enough of it in FEH so at least I can pretend Garreg Mach is Rigel Castle, or Belhalla right after Arvis burns everyone. Arvis for Smash, his intro trailer has him turn all 8 FE fighters into cinders, that's something everyone can get behind

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I get it with undertale my mistake but I’ve seen people on twitter count Minecraft as indie when it comes to indie fighter polls & indie mii costume discussions
They’re wrong. Maybe they’re acknowledging Minecraft’s past, since you could see it as an “Indie King” with how it became very big and stopped being indie when Microsoft bought it, but it’s not indie and hasn’t been for a long time now.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Activision has supported the switch with plenty of titles and was one the companies listed in some switch direct i can recall right now, so i can see them collaborating for a Crash inclusion.

I just want a reference to the old Crash commercials where Crash is the Plumber Boy worst nightmare
Broke: Crash's reveal trailer is just a regular ole' reveal trailer like any other.
Woke: Crash's reveal trailer is a recreation of the "Hey, Plumber Boy" commercial.
Wokest've: Crash's reveal trailer combines both the "Hey Plumber Boy" commercial and the Smash 64 commercial together into one.

D

Deleted member

All right I Just got the fighters pass 2 and let me just say

I hope Master Chief is in one of those packs
if there were another ms rep then it’s gotta be him
-mostly the mascot of Xbox
-mcc heavily rumored for switch, can easily promote it
-mostly an icon
-we have banjo & a cuphead costume
-no FPS rep yet

here’s to hoping he gets in along with the others you all are rooting for

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

With that all said and done...did anyone get a magic datamine or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom