• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So how long till the dataminers post Byleth's params. My guess (well, besides his speed stats being on the low side) is that his weight is higher than Mario's

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Minecraft is literally being developed and backed by a multbillion dollars company

While Undertale was and still is mostly made by 1 guy
No it isn’t that’s absurd. It’s still two completely different scenarios. Size vs actually no longer being indie. I’ve is official one is unofficial
Undertale isn't literally owned by a huge company like Minecraft and Mojang are now, though.

In terms of actual indies, the only one I could see happening after the content we got for Undertale and Cuphead is Reimu, but even then I'm skeptical for her chances.
I get it with undertale my mistake but I’ve seen people on twitter count Minecraft as indie when it comes to indie fighter polls & indie mii costume discussions

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So how long till the dataminers post Byleth's params. My guess (well, besides his speed stats being on the low side) is that his weight is higher than Mario's
Couple of hours after the actual patch drops.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Let's say that the Fighter's Pass also came with one assist trophy per pack. Who would you have picked as the five assist trophies? The only rules is that the character must not be someone already physically present during any stage or animation (spirits are fine though), and the assist trophy must originate from the same series as the pack's character.
This sounds like a fun one!

Joker: Aigis. Runs around the stage shooting opponents and using Athena for some attacks.
Hero: Liquid Metal Slime. Runs really fast around the stage and disappears after 15 seconds. Whoever can knock it out receives a random buff (invincibility, higher knockback, etc).
Banjo: Gruntilda. Basically functions like the old Resetti assist from Brawl where a text box takes up part of the screen and she quips about the fighters.
Terry: Geese. Throws out Reppukens from across the stage. Will counter any physical attack by throwing the opponent off stage for ultimate accuracy.
Byleth: Death Knight. It ****ing kills you if you try to attack it. That's it, that's his gimmick.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"The entire Fighter's Pass is 3rd Party, definitely. Which means the next one probably will too.

>Byleth is revealed

"Oh no! First parties can be a part of the FP's! Every Fighter in Pass 2 is a Nintendo shill pick now!!"

C'mon guys. Stop dealing in absolutes. Y'all sounding like Anakin.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"The entire Fighter's Pass is 3rd Party, definitely. Which means the next one probably will too.

>Byleth is revealed

"Oh no! First parties can be a part of the FP's! Every Fighter in Pass 2 is a Nintendo shill pick now!!"

Damn, guess Sakurai should reconsider adding Dale Gribble

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By comparison, there have been characters whose popularity has come and gone over the last 20 years, but Isaac is one of the very few that managed to retain much of his fanbase. I think though unless Camelot manages to resurrect the series during the 2020's, that this will be the decade where Isaac starts to be gradually forgotten by the Smash Bubble.
Perhaps, though I would suggest that Isaac is one of the few characters that managed to achieve self-sustaining popularity contingent not upon fans of the series migrating to Smash, but rather, the reverse, wherein his popularity now originates from inside the Smash fanbase. That is to say, people become fans of Isaac because he is popular within the fanbase, and only then go to contextualize their affinity through his games.

I think that's what's happened with Geno, I think that happened in large part with K. Rool, and I think it also applies to Isaac. I understand it's "frowned upon" to support a character having not played their games, but I think that's actually a lot more common than people will fess up to, and I believe the popularity for choices like these exists largely for its own sake at this point. That isn't to say they began as these meta bandwagons, obviously they began with the fans from the home series, but I do believe they've become these perpetual fan picks.

And while it is possible for the fervour to die down around these characters, I think the more that some of them get in, the more it will keep the fanbases of the others perpetuated. Because, for better or for worse, the fanbases equate one addition to the other, given the similar (but certainly not identical) obstacles these characters face.

I mean, from the perspective of the Isaac fan, I don't think they're going to permanently settle down any time soon. Now he's out of the picture, but already I get the sense that, despite possible gaps in logic, the demand which lead to his re-instating as an AT and the inclusions of Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo will be invoked to justify the belief that he'll be basically next in line, whenever his inclusion seems feasible again.

Faso115

Smash Lord

>Byleth is revealed

From my point of view Sakurai is biased!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They certainly didn't review this update very well, it says Altair is supposedly from "Assassin's Creed", when everyone knows he's actually from Altaïr.

A rare oversight on Nintendo's behalf.

Did you know that Sonic, Manic and Sonia were all voiced by Jaleel White?
Did he do that?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Me: them not showing the first character in Pass 2 and still selling it is ridiculous

Also me: buys it anyways

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Do I play Mii Fighters? No. No I do not.

Did I buy Sans, Cuphead and Altaïr anyways? Yes. Yes I did.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
byleth get

now i await the juiciest bit: the datamine

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
now i await the juiciest bit: the datamine
do you know what we've gotten from datamining since the brave fiasco?

nothing
zero
zilch
nada

no way jose we ain't getting leaks no more via datamining, now we gotta break and enter into sora ltd's building to steal files

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So Byleth's twist is that every Fire Emblem character helps you, but they die in one/two hits. This is the easiest Classic Mode by far.

As for Byleth. They're definitely awkard to use. Their specials have a large start up, so they feel best when they're edgeguarding.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
So, has the Pass finally popped up in the store? Because if not, I just wanna say that it's pretty likely that this one is going to be more expensive.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So Byleth's twist is that every Fire Emblem character helps you, but they die in one/two hits. This is the easiest Classic Mode by far.

As for Byleth. They're definitely awkard to use. Their specials have a large start up, so they feel best when they're edgeguarding.
I like how the first battle references the lack of an FE stage in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I know that these games won't be in the pass. I only wrote that to start new discussions instead of always talking of the same things.

Let me just do a correction, SMITE may be a niche game, it is the only one of the genre and that makes it work. It has more than 30 millions unique accounts since its launch and had more than 840 000 unique active players last year. Far from unheard of.
I've never heard of it and neither has any of my friends lol; thats why I was saying it probably doesn't have much of a chance.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The Kunio spirits got moved below the 3H spirits.

Strange.
Is it strange that my reaction was, "If Spirits can be moved, then why aren't new Spirits moved to be with the rest of their franchise?"
But on a lighter note, I am downloading 7.0.0 right now, but it has 31 minutes remaining. Damn server overloads.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Great they actually nerfed Joker.

Arsene meter is reduced when he takes damage, and down air gun range is reduced too.

Bayonetta got ass buffs. Bigger shield. Wow. Unbelievable.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/switch/software_support/aaab/detail/700_fighter.html
This was honestly the best way to nerf Joker, IMO. Arsene is a little too strong and prominent in Joker's kit to be classified as a comeback mechanic, so the player really shouldn't get massive rewards for taking damage.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Here’s a game -
Think of one of the most likely characters for Fighter’s Pass vol. 2 (Dante, 2B, Phoenix, etc) and then their series. (DMC, Nier, Ace Attorney) Then think of a minor character from that series who would be wanted by nobody but might have a cool moveset.
Here’s some examples.
Ace Attorney - Maximilion Galactica
Devil May Cry - Sparda
Nier - 9S
etc etc

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

>Byleth is revealed

My Nintendo picks are Toad, Dixie Kong, and Impa. In that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom