• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Nothing against KOS-MOS personally, but she's just not someone I particularly care for. I'd be happy for her fans, but that's about all I'd get from her reveal.

Regardless, I don't think KOS-MOS is the character. Verge is one of the main reasons why she's surfaced to the top, and I think it's a little funny how certain people are simultaneously dismissing Verge's deconfirmations while claiming KOS-MOS is suddenly one of the most likely characters to be revealed.
I don’t blame you, I’m on the same boat on my feelings for Kosmos as a character.

Actually, Papagenos is having similar weird responses from Sabi’s NoA Source. They’ll easily respond to everything except for Kosmos. In regards to Vergeben. It appears his leaker is trying to reveal legit information (while not confirming) and avoid giving them miss-accurate information that can mess up with their reputation.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Hello wonderful people of Smashboards! I know things are starting to get real spicy now that the Game Awards are only a day away and I haven't been able to check this thread as much due to finals, so I wonder what kind of interesting and engaging speculation talk I'm missing out
Also if there was a Bernie echo I'd gladly beat him up.
on......

You know on second thought, maybe I will go back to being a productive human being until this whole thing settles over.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Man I enjoyed watching Banjo & Kazooie getting into Smash at the 2018 game awards on their 20th anniversary! It made too much sense guys! :ultpacman:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for being so rude and abrasive earlier, I have a bad cold and this trip has been rather stressful. I really should've been more considerate, I don't want to add to the chaos and make things worse for others. >~<

Any new news? I might simply wait this one out myself.

D

Deleted member

On November 9th Gamexplain uploaded a video about their predictions for the fifth fighter in the fighters pass. Approximately 9 minutes into the video they start to talk about KOSMOS and just before they begin discussion on KOSMOS they inexplicably edited in an odd rewind halting sound. Was this Gamexplains way of dropping a hint or something?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBQ_udOO24
Then a couple days ago they did their game awards prediction video. This time Jon predicts KOSMOS who has recently had it out with Sabi and Verge. Jon has also previously 'predicted' things so specifically and correctly he's been looked at as a guy who leaks info via 'predictions'.

I'm not a KOSMOS fan, never played the games etc, and have zero interest in their inclusion, but I thought I'd pass this on.
I saw it and that effect was after He said “rather than dark souls” which is also another Bandai namco they’re just thinking of other namco reps than dark souls because on though of kloana as another Bandai rep I haven’t seen lloyd heihachi or agumon in this at all.

this is pretty much a stretch than a hint to fighter 5 for me

And pretty much that guy who said it wasn't the one that has insider info

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for being so rude and abrasive earlier, I have a bad cold and this trip has been rather stressful. I really should've been more considerate, I don't want to add to the chaos and make things worse for others. >~<

Any new news? I might simply wait this one out myself.
Well, the Kosmos guys got their hands on this post.
1576061225521.png

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Boys and girls, as we patiently (or impatiently) await tomorrow's reveal, allow me to take you back to a simpler time.

Remember when we balked at THIS roster?
450_1000.jpg

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Boys and girls, as we patiently (or impatiently) await tomorrow's reveal, allow me to take you back to a simpler time.

Remember when we balked at THIS roster?
View attachment 252097
Nope, because I only really got into the series around Brawl. Melee wasn't before my time, mind you (neither was 64), I just didn't really own any consoles back then.

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow night is gonna be super long.
Not to mention where I live, it begins at 2.30 AM IN THE NIGHT NGGHHHHH
That's probably gonna be a no sleep night for me bruh

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
TGAs happen on the 50th Thursday of 2019, and it takes place during the 50th week of 2019. 50/50. If we get a reveal then, we can expect a Reddit rep.

Tomorrow night is gonna be super long.
Not to mention where I live, it begins at 2.30 AM IN THE NIGHT NGGHHHHH
F

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
TGAs happen on the 50th Thursday of 2019, and it takes place during the 50th week of 2019. 50/50. If we get a reveal then, we can expect a Reddit rep.
Honestly, the **** stank in the air smells a lot like KOS-MOS.
Not once since Terry have I been this confident as to whom FP5 is (well except Doom Slayer for a short time with the Mallowdemon Leak), but I can now confidently say that I'm 55% sure it's KOS-MOS.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's no way I'm going to skip sleep just for the sake of a ~2 minute trailer happening at some point during a 3 hour show. It sucks having to miss a reveal, that's only ever happened for me because of timezones (Pac-Man and Joker), but I'll just catch up in the morning, it's not worth staying up 'till 5AM or later.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Wow that's a lot of new pages overnight. Either something happened or...

Best mood is this thread just now figuring out Kazooie is kinky af. C'mon, nobody lets themselves be handled like that unless they're getting something out of it.

Anyway if you're interested here's a link to my TED talk about BDSM subtext in Bubsy II
...ooor y'all just ****posting.

Late to the party, but I'd like to point out that, judging by DKR, Banjo is friends, or at least acquainted with Conker, of all people.

So... can't say I'm surprised by the topic of discussion here.

NixF

Smash Cadet
There's no way I'm going to skip sleep just for the sake of a ~2 minute trailer happening at some point during a 3 hour show. It sucks having to miss a reveal, that's only ever happened for me because of timezones (Pac-Man and Joker), but I'll just catch up in the morning, it's not worth staying up 'till 5AM or later.
I said the exact same thing as you last year with TGA, only to miss my dream pick reveal.
Not gonna risk it again.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Please stop posting that image as if Sakurai is suggesting that being recognizable isn't important.
All it means is that a character probably needs to meet a certain "floor" of importance/recognizability, which I'd certainly consider KOS-MOS to do.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Jon GameXplain is leaking stuff again
If you dont hit him for 6 seconds...
6 seconds...

Master Chief DLC fighter #6 confirmed

D

Deleted member

Found this in the Elma thread and what dose this even mean?
Just browsing Gfaqs and ES. Dinah ES. Dinah posted an image of a message about KOS-MOS (he/she says they got it from a friend.

I haven't been keeping up with leaks and all but if this is true and the source actively avoided talking about KOS-MOS (instead of just forgetting or PapaGenos just not having said deconfirmation) then I think it's pretty big.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm excited for the prospect that we might finally get another character reveal that hasn't been leaked prior. The last one was Joker which was a year ago. It's kinda fun to see the community not knowing who the next fighter is.

Anyways as for Sony I still believe they are a possibility to consider moving forward. It's clear that Sony has changed their business strategy regarding their competition and are becoming more open lately. This doesn't mean a Smash character, but I do think it's now possible unlike 5 years ago. Whether it's FP5 or Post-Pass, I do hope to see their name in Smash as well.

Also Kratos would be fun as hell in Smash

D

Deleted member

Well...now that most of the people in this forum are awake...

The Game Awards is tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the Judgment Day
Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in Heaven has in store!
One more dawn
One more day
One...day...more!

D

Deleted member

That wonderful day when you can go from expecting disappointment to experiencing disappointment.
How ironic.

I've already prepared for the worst. Dear God, I don't want to see this website become a warzone if we don't get a reveal sooner or later.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm more than likely gonna be disappointed myself, tomorrow is not looking pretty...

Hopefully this is all a red herring and we get a true surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom