• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
With KOS-MOS & Fiora working together in Project X Zone 2, I wonder that, if in the universe we're living now is where KOS-MOS got in for sure, if the Smash dev will reference that in some sort of way, like a screenshot or something that you can't redo in-game due to dev tools.

D

Deleted member

You missed the part where I said I wasn't referring to the people who were filming the video.

I was talking about those farther away.
please timestamp me as i simply cannot find the part in those videos where everyone is groaning in frustration and screaming "no this guy sucks"

Night Gale

Smash Ace
If someone leaked the character this late in the game, they would be a total asshole. If any of you find out, please keep it to yourself. I enjoy discovering s*** ahead of time AND ruining surprises for others, but even I want to go into this blindly.

D

Deleted member

If someone leaked the character this late in the game, they would be a total asshole. If any of you find out, please keep it to yourself. I enjoy discovering s*** ahead of time AND ruining surprises for others, but even I want to go into this blindly.
I promise I won’t tell anything if Fighter 5 leaks.

I don’t like to ruin other people’s surprises.

D

Deleted member

this is the newcomer speculation thread
if a leak comes out people gonna share it here no matter what
best to just **** off the site and/or the internet for a hot second until the reveal if you really wanna go in blind

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Will there be a direct link with no spoiler to the whole show or to the announcement? I won't show it live, but I would like to see the FP5 video (if it happens) within knowing who it is before.

D

Deleted member

Will there be a direct link with no spoiler to the whole show or to the announcement? I won't show it live, but I would like to see the FP5 video (if it happens) within knowing who it is before.
I suppose the staff will make a thread solely to react to the event.

D

Deleted member

It is at times like these when I really want the official Game Awards account on Youtube to preupload the link to the livestream so I can be confident as to when it starts over here.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If the fighter is really confirmed to be KOS-MOS before the show, I really don’t think I’ll be staying up to watch the reveal. For me at least, KOS-MOS in Smash is something I really have no strong attachment to in either direction and would honestly much rather sleep. All the best to those who love KOS-MOS.
You don’t know if you don’t watch.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just to help more, like I said the show start at 9pm ET and right now it's exactly 8h30am ET. So the show is indeed in 36 hours and 30 minutes.

Edit: or in 36 hours if you count the pre-show.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
this is the newcomer speculation thread
if a leak comes out people gonna share it here no matter what
best to just **** off the site and/or the internet for a hot second until the reveal if you really wanna go in blind
We won't be able to speculate s*** if we have a definitive answer.

It's true that people can and will share the intel early if they had some. It's also true that it would be pointless af by now and that we can kindly ask them not to. Although my surprise would be ruined, I want to be present to call them an attention w**** and laugh at whoever risked their career for something so pointless.

Nice avatar! :3
KOS-MOS! (I love how she says it)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
please timestamp me as i simply cannot find the part in those videos where everyone is groaning in frustration and screaming "no this guy sucks"
When it says Challenger Pack 1 onwards for both videos. The crowd of people further away, you can hear them saying no, but in an unenthusiastic manner.

It's a collective sound. There's a difference between the sound of rumbling excitement and that of groaning in disappointment.

Don't get why you're being defensive and testy about this btw. I also didn't quote the crowd as saying "this guy sucks" so not sure why you're putting words in my mouth either?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so I was right with my math and the Game Awards is infact NOT on the 12th for me:

DA51DB2B-5201-404C-ADD6-E9E1E3E6C24A.jpeg

It is as I suspected happening on December 13th.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
The majority assuming a TGA reveal is a surefire thing exudes the same energy as when people thought Chrom/Zoroark were shoe-ins for Smash 4. Or when people thought certain characters like Shadow were shoe-ins for echo fighters in Ultimate.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The majority assuming a TGA reveal is a surefire thing exudes the same energy as when people thought Chrom/Zoroark were shoe-ins for Smash 4. Or when people thought certain characters like Shadow were shoe-ins for echo fighters in Ultimate.
Where else would they reveal the character?
They had a chance to release a Smash direct this month and instead we got an indie direct. The character has to be released by February according to the deadline and we usually get Nintendo directs in February/March. That means if there is no Game Awards reveal we're counting on the character being revealed and released in the same month, which is less likely than a Game Awards reveal.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Where else would they reveal the character?
They had a chance to release a Smash direct this month and instead we got an indie direct. The character has to be released by February according to the deadline and we usually get Nintendo directs in February/March. That means if there is no Game Awards reveal we're counting on the character being revealed and released in the same month, which is less likely than a Game Awards reveal.
Nintendo has historically done many Directs in the month of January as far as I can recall. I wouldn't be surprised if it was there instead.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't mind if it gets leaked ahead of time. Some things I want to be a surprise and some things I don't. Smash character leaks I'm okay with. But a more story based game? No. I don't want that spoiled.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Since it's this close, no point having it leaked earlier, and it's better to just wait and see it in real time.

I've never seen the Game Awards, so I plan on watching the whole thing for the first time too.

It's quite rare for surprise reveals to remain secret in this day and age (Joker reveal being the exception) so it would be nice to have another one.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind a leak right now. The Game Awards go live at 2:30 AM where I live. I need to know if there's a point in staying up all night.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
But Chrom and Zoroark were in smash 4 and Shadow is in ultimate... (Sarcasm lol)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I didn't watch the Game Awards last year. Never did. So I just heard from a friend "Hey, Joker is DLC". Very anticlimactic.

Honestly after Banjo nothing will really hype me that much. I'd rather be spoiled so I know what I'm getting into ahead of time from now on. Besides. Knowing the fighter ahead of time won't spoil the reveal trailer. Simon was spoiled for me but I was still delighted by the reveal trailer and all the awesome stuff I saw. Didn't expect Luigi to die or for Simon's model to look THAT good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom