• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's nice that TGA is the focus right now instead of what's going on in the leaker sphere. That story arc got too convoluted.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Funny enough, the Game Awards start as soon as I get out of my final exam. I guess Christmas is starting early this year, and jolly saint Nick is bringing me Dewritos to celebrate.

Consider this. You're too tired to watch the Game Awards the day of, you so decide to go back to sleep.

You wake up. Suddenly, everybody seems to be united against something that was added to Smash. "no ****ing way" this, "Smash just jumped the shark" that, "leakers btfo" too. Nobody can believe it.

Who do you think got in, before immediately checking?
Easy, Fortnite Jonesy.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I wish they announce a remake of Kirby 64 with improved gameplay and extra content (story, levels, playable characters and extra stuff)...

They remade all the classic games (counting Spring Breeze as a Dream Land 1 remake) except for the Dark Matter trilogy, it's time to remake one of those as well, they're classics too; especially Kirby 64 that can get rid of the hardware limitation of the N64 and be improved in both gameplay and visuals.

I say this at each big event or before every direct, but so far it didn't happen yet.
Though, I wanted a remake of Majora's Mask too and some years ago it arrived on 3DS (even though it wasn't much different than the original), so I'm sure that something similar can happen with Kirby 64 as well sooner or later.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Okay I'm dropping out.

I don't want to get spoiled by Shinobi again lol
He doesn't leak constantly. I don't think he will say anything. Closest thing he does to leak is hinting things, and when he does that it's in a vague way like happened with Banjo.

Fun fact: he's a great fan of Golden Sun and occasionally says he would like to see a new game. That said, Golden Sun 4 at TGA confirmed.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Consider this. You're too tired to watch the Game Awards the day of, you so decide to go back to sleep.

You wake up. Suddenly, everybody seems to be united against something that was added to Smash. "no ****ing way" this, "Smash just jumped the shark" that, "leakers btfo" too. Nobody can believe it.

Spongebob to advertise Battle for bikini bottom remastered

Ovaltine

Smash Master
>shinobi
>guy who leaked b-k
>googly eyes

fighter pack 5 is just banjo and kazooie 2.0

banjo and kazooie fans btfo by banjo and kazooie 2.0 how will they ever recover

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
>shinobi
>guy who leaked b-k
>googly eyes

Fighter #5 is Banjo Tooie... or more sensibly, Yooka Laylee!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok won’t be much longer since Shinobi is involved of it now

FP5 leak shouldn’t be too much longer

Those who don’t want to be spoiled

0:08

Monster =leaks/spoilers

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While not guaranteed, everything lines up for a probable Smash reveal. We’ve got two months until the official “deadline” of the Fighter’s Pass, It’s been just over a month since we got information on a fighter, roughly 3 months since we had a new fighter revealed.

While I wouldn’t call it “a lock”, I’d say there’s a good chance of it happening. Just hype responsibly.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Honestly, can the leakers not say anything for once? We’re already so close to the reveal. Maybe at best hint that something will happen.

SKX31

Smash Master
>shinobi
>guy who leaked b-k
>googly eyes

You mean that Nuts and Bolts B-K will be FP5?

Sign me up! FP5 Kazooie has a magic wrench instead of FP3's Wonderwing. For starters.

:4pacman:

While not guaranteed, everything lines up for a probable Smash reveal. We’ve got two months until the official “deadline” of the Fighter’s Pass, It’s been just over a month since we got information on a fighter, roughly 3 months since we had a new fighter revealed.

While I wouldn’t call it “a lock”, I’d say there’s a good chance of it happening. Just hype responsibly.
Yeah - for all we know, the Smash reveal could be in January (although that looks unlikely). (Edited to clarify).

I'm just feeling much more confident in VGA now when both the Chinese presentation and any Nintendo Direct beforehand have been completely ruled out.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I'm way, waaaay out of the loop. What exactly went down in the leaker sphere, again?
According to my research, they don't know jack s*** yet or they're playing nice. Either way, you didn't miss anything tbqh.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Should we get a TGA thread ready soon?

also, dropping these three in case one of them gets confirmed... okay four cause I can dream dammit:
:ultkos-mos: :ultelma: :ultphoenix: :ultneku:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I'm way, waaaay out of the loop. What exactly went down in the leaker sphere, again?
Leaker beef. Certain people getting exposed for apparently throwing people under the bus with little regard for their jobs. Turns out that """leakers""" who word everything they say in such a way where they can say they're right regardless of what happens, might not be the most reliable people.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

My immediate guess would probably be Goku.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
probably brought up already, but:

In that GameXplain video with the “weird sound byte and visual effect,” they were talking about Dark Souls from Bandai Namco before Shantae was brought up for a bit, then they cue the visual effect + record scratch sound while Derek is saying “but rather than Dark Souls” then bringing up KOS-MOS. There’s nothing fishy about it; it was just a joke about how he’s going against their Dark Souls talk, interrupting whom they settled on to be the choice from Bamco with KOS-MOS possibly coming instead/being a good choice as well.

Also, I see Newman is posting again.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace

Either James Bond (or TOP SECRET), an obscure Sony rep, or

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Prob an Echo Fighter since it was explicity stated there wouldn't be Echo Fighters in the FP. And it would def be a rip-off to those that bought the FP.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
:ultcortez

Can't wait to see TimeSplitters at the game awards and Sgt. Cortez as Fighter #5.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Honestly? Rex, or an AT (particularly Spring Man since he can also be considered “too late” for the project plan).

everyone was expecting Rex to NOT be in the pass cause it opened with his Mii Costume (and the apology to boot). Logically he wouldn’t be in the same pass as his costume likeness, so that would defy the established logic. As for Spring Man that’s self explanatory. (Also the salt that he was the first AT promoted instead of like Waluigi, Isaac, Lyn or Ashley)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Ah, he's in! We did it Layton bros! :drflip:

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
6 Pages since I've fallen asleep and all that actually happened was
1576081519886.png

and a repeated discussion on KOS-MOS and Jon ****posting

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But seriously, I don't think there's any one character the community can collectively not like. There's always going to be someone who likes a certain thing and someone who doesn't like that thing.

i.e. Sakurai could deadass add a shoe to the roster and #ShoeGang would be trending 5 minutes tops.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I dunno, it’s probably my natural pessimism kicking in, but I’m just not feeling a fighter reveal at TGA. Joker made sense last year since the game had literally just released and it would help sell copies, but would they want to push a $6.00 DLC on the big stage over a new title? Sure it would create buzz, but does Smash really need that nowadays?

Either way, I’ll tune in, and hope I’m wrong.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
But seriously, I don't think there's any one character the community can collectively not like. There's always going to be someone who likes a certain thing and someone who doesn't like that thing.

i.e. Sakurai could deadass add a shoe to the roster and #ShoeGang would be trending 5 minutes tops.
It doesn't matter if a character is as big as Master Chief or Sora or "Small" like Reimu or Saber: If they get in Smash, they will get a reaction off people and people will cheer because it's a Smash reveal and others will be angry.

It's inevitable that's what will happen. No matter who gets in will have their fair share of supporters and detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom