• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
No but you see if you really dissect the tweet Donkey Kong is an ape and Rillaboom is a primate and Space Adventure is a reference to Warp Star which is how Kirby escaped Galeem so he's hinting that the final fighter is Baboom who will be revealed tomorrow at the game awards

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, Vergeben is posting again. Though as of right now, it all seems to be only inconsequential stuff, as in, regular forum posting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If KOS-MOS get in, it be only thanks to Baboom and his powers.

So if you're a fan of KOS-MOS and she got in, you all got to say:

"Thanks Lord Baboom"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well, Vergeben is posting again. Though as of right now, it all seems to be only inconsequential stuff, as in, regular forum posting.
can't wait for the day where people on the internet go "ah **** lads, that panda guy is posting again"

i will have officially Made It

SKX31

Smash Master
Rampant Smash speculation starts in 3, 2, On-oh wait it has already.

Also, DarthEnderX, (the basis of) your avatar showed up in the weirdest place:

NetEase* can use AI to turn you into a game avatar with one selfie.

Truly, this is a dystopian cyberpunk future we live in.

*(NetEase is China's second largest video game company - they also run pig farms. No, not kidding on that one.)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno, it’s probably my natural pessimism kicking in, but I’m just not feeling a fighter reveal at TGA. Joker made sense last year since the game had literally just released and it would help sell copies, but would they want to push a $6.00 DLC on the big stage over a new title? Sure it would create buzz, but does Smash really need that nowadays?

Either way, I’ll tune in, and hope I’m wrong.
In fairness, Nintendo always has multiple things.

2015 - Breath of the Wild stuff plus Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
2017 - Bayonetta 3, Bayonetta 1+2 for Switch, Champions Ballad, Jump Up Superstar performance
2018 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Joker announcement, Lifelight performance

2016 is the one year I don't remember though, admittedly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
can't wait for the day where people on the internet go "ah **** lads, that panda guy is posting again"

i will have officially Made It
why the **** did you capitalize the m in made it

is this a subliminal message

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In fairness, Nintendo always has multiple things.

2015 - Breath of the Wild stuff plus Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
2017 - Bayonetta 3, Bayonetta 1+2 for Switch, Champions Ballad, Jump Up Superstar performance
2018 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Joker announcement, Lifelight performance

2016 is the one year I don't remember though, admittedly.
2016 was when Iwata died so they just did a "RIP Iwata" speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

All I know is that FP5 legally can't be KOS-MOS because she's a character I actually want and the last time that happened was with Dark Pit. Yes I do have questionable taste

KatKit

Smash Lord
Someone (Rie) brought up an interesting point in the Elma thread. It's true that they aren't selling echoes this pass, but what if they add them as free updates later on or bundle the final character with one?

I still think we're going to get P5's Sumi one day. I expect Echoes to start happening in some capacity, especially after season 1.

That's it. Although it didn't leak, i think we can all agree there's a huge probability that KOS-MOS is fighter #5, so there's not much left to speculate here. See you guys tomorrow.
As a KOS-MOS supporter (who's currently rocking her set and everything lol), who defends her every time someone asks why she'd be cool in this very topic, I think she has a 50/50 shot like almost everyone else. And unlike a Tekken rep or something for example, she's more pipe dream territory: a forgone conclusion she is not. It's nice that more people are expecting her for whatever reasons now, and I'm down for another Xenosaga port or even an HD remake, but we gotta be realistic with our expectations.

Fake (and potentially fake) leaks are influencing what people expect and causing a lot of false hope. I think that will contribute to the backlash of whoever fighter #5 actually ends up being.

Tl;dr: Be humble and hype responsibly. I'm definitely the kind of person who'd be happy with whatever we end up getting though lol. I just love Smash. I mean... I already got that shoe moveset thought up, ahaha.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
why the **** did you capitalize the m in made it

is this a subliminal message
If we analyze the post further, we can see that M is the first letter in Metroid. Retro Studios makes the Metroid Prime series, but they also make the new Donkey Kong Country games. Cranky Kong made his playable debut in Retro Studios' Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

So what does this all mean? Simple. Cranky Kong confirmed as fighter 5. Ah **** lads, that panda guy knew the whole time.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure why people are so sure it’s KOS-MOS, even in her own series she isn’t too important. She’s less her own character and more just a foil to Asuka and a device to fuel Shinji and Gendo’s character development honestly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looks like there is a new private video on the Smash playlist on the Nintendo channel.
That makes FOUR private videos now... dang

and yes I know that three are old Smash 4 commercials... seems a bit pointless to make them private tho

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m not sure why people are so sure it’s KOS-MOS, even in her own series she isn’t too important. She’s less her own character and more just a foil to Asuka and a device to fuel Shinji and Gendo’s character development honestly.
Not going to lie, they had us in the first half.

osby

Smash Obsessed
All I know is that FP5 legally can't be KOS-MOS because she's a character I actually want and the last time that happened was with Dark Pit. Yes I do have questionable taste
Dark Pit's awesome, though

Don't you want a Final Smash that can turn whole cast into Fanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom