• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
CP5 will also be a special guest in Playstation All Stars 2: Electric Boogaloo.
A Playstation All-Stars that is a good rival for Smash would be a dream.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
man with how they handled xc2's dlc they could tell me to give em my life savings and promise me that i'll get a Very Good Video Game later i'd do it
>Life saving
>avi is Lora
harvey batman afraid.jpg

Don't do this to me, faygo, not again.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I forgot to bring that up actually, Torna resolved aloooot of the problems with XB2, not just the art style, but also storytelling, voice acting, perfomance issue if If my memories don't play with me, etc...
Not to mention that it had no Blade gacha bull**** and no constant forced use of field skills that you had to constantly swap in and out of your party. I'll admit any day that while XBC2 is probably one of my most hated games that I've ever played, I enjoyed Torna a surprising amount. There's a reason why I made a support thread for Team Lora, after all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How much of this show do you think is gonna be VR?

Groose

Smash Champion
It isn’t hypocritical at all. Players get to use Kosmos and T-Elos at any time with Rex without paying for a single dollar. Xenoblade 2 players are also going to be more familiar with Kosmos than any of the other fighters in the pass.
Just a word on this—me and three of my closest friends played through Xenoblade 2 on launch. Each of us has over a hundred hours into the game—most of us close to about 150.

Only two of us have KOS-MOS.

She’s the ultra-rare gacha Character of the game. While everyone who’s sunk time into the game knows of her, I’d wager that less than two-thirds of the players who have beaten the entire game have her.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Just a word on this—me and three of my closest friends played through Xenoblade 2 on launch. Each of us has over a hundred hours into the game—most of us close to about 150.

Only two of us have KOS-MOS.

She’s the ultra-rare gacha Character of the game. While everyone who’s sunk time into the game knows of her, I’d wager that less than two-thirds of the players who have beaten the entire game have her.
You can only beat the game by sinking time into it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not to mention that it had no Blade gacha bull**** and no constant forced use of field skills that you had to constantly swap in and out of your party. I'll admit any day that while XBC2 is probably one of my most hated games that I've ever played, I enjoyed Torna a surprising amount. There's a reason why I made a support thread for Team Lora, after all.
You're just mad because you didn't get KOS-MOS mid-game, like I did.
snake yeah yeah.gif

Nah, for real, screw the RNG fest, I love that game, but good lord, it was soul crushing tiring toward the end, when you just want the last blade to complete your collection.

Torna did have some grinding too, but it was more bearable due to the fact there was less of it, and much more easy way to get what you want.

So, again, thank you Torna, and Monolith, please remember to not do that again.

Also, off-topic, but RE sound effect at start of Sony Direct.

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Groose

Smash Champion
You can only beat the game by sinking time into it.
Right. If I recall correctly, it’s about 80 hours or so to beat the main story, allowing for some exploration and sidetracking. And quite honestly, KOS-MOS is so rare that I’d consider her post-game content.

Only super fans of Xenoblade 2 generally have her, batting extreme luck.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Nah, for real, screw the RNG fest, I love that game, but good lord, it was soul crushing tiring toward the end, when you just want the last blade to complete your collection.
I think my luck with KOS-MOS wasn't even too terribly bad. At least I don't remember having to grind out any core crystals for her. . . my memory honestly is a bit Haze-y on that.
Nah but really, even the RNG aside, I just don't like the Blade system. All the various Blades are just stretched way too thin in terms of writing, so that none of them really have the kinda depth they'd need for me to really care about them. Torna does it better by just focussing on the cast that it has, and giving the sidequest NPCs some more personality.

i'm so sorry to do this to youwhat do you think said very good video game is
Xenoblade Chronicles X2.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
i'm so sorry to do this to you

what do you think said very good video game is
The pain is coming back.
jinjo 2.jpg

All the pain.
I think my luck with KOS-MOS wasn't even too terribly bad. At least I don't remember having to grind out any core crystals for her. . . my memory honestly is a bit Haze-y on that.
Nah but really, even the RNG aside, I just don't like the Blade system. All the various Blades are just stretched way too thin in terms of writing, so that none of them really have the kinda depth they'd need for me to really care about them. Torna does it better by just focussing on the cast that it has, and giving the sidequest NPCs some more personality.
I agree with that to a extent, like there is some optional blades that I did care about, like my boi Wulfric, and others...not so much. (outside gameplay reasons for some)

Making the cast muuuuuuch smaller was a good idea, but hey, points for trying something new, and another point for realizing it didn't work out and came back to something more simple & effectif.

D

Deleted member

kos-mos somewhat repping xc2 with her RE design is an interesting thought but it's not exactly the most realistic
kos-mos is the Super Rare Hard To Get blade and unless you're super lucky or have sunk a ****ton of time into xc2 you ain't getting her so i doubt a lot of people would recognize her as an xc2 char over a xenosaga char
still, i could see saks rolling with her re design as an alt as somewhat of a little extra for xc2 fans given how rex ****ing died in november
...Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Xenoblade Chronicles X2.
it's actually larry boy and the bad apple 2 but good guesses

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm in the same boat. Torna made me Understand why people liked XC2 in any capacity. I still don't like it, uh, at all, but Torna at least gives me hope for the future. And yeah, when it comes to actual environments, the game crushed it and I'm sure DE will too. But man, I like the art style of the original XC1 more than the shiny makeover it got characters-wise, even if it does look closer to the official art. But also I Liked XCX and something something residual bitter feelings about Xenosaga and how -blade was given the Xeno name just to get people to buy it and then people got mad at X for the same reason and something something

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
"Which company will take the coveted DLC Fighter #5?"

-> Waluigi

Wasn't aware he became a greedy businessman like Wario.

EDIT: Also, this raises the question: would he be a Mario rep or WaluigiWare rep? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't believe Capcom baited me.

Twice.

Without trying on the first time.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
say hello to your fighter's pass 5
View attachment 251861
Oh dear god what is that thing?! I take back what I said. Video games are no longer epic if they include a super hero with suction cups attached to its head.

edit: oh wait!! That’s that one cucumber dude from that thing! That Christian show! My parents forced me to watch it cause I watched too much He-Man, Thundercats, and Reboot. They thought it was poisoning me with secularism.

I hated it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 251859

Torna did have some grinding too, but it was more bearable due to the fact there was less of it, and much more easy way to get what you want.

So, again, thank you Torna, and Monolith, please remember to not do that again.
Even then, Torna's issue was that the side quests were mandatory and that wasn't apparent until the very end of the game.

Which means it's time to do like 30 slow and reptetitive fetch quests for four hours or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

something something residual bitter feelings about Xenosaga and how -blade was given the Xeno name just to get people to buy it and then people got mad at X for the same reason and something something
i get that takahashi wanted to channel The Xeno Vibes by naming xc xeno but it's a little bit of a branding disaster
some people bought xc1 expecting a gears/saga-like game and ended up disappointed, and then people bought xcx expecting an xc1-like game and ended up disappointed, and even though xc2 is more like xc1 than xcx, you had xcx fans buy xc2 expecting an xcx-like game and getting disappointed

if xcx was just a standalone game this really wouldn't be an issue but here we are
Oh dear god what is that thing?! I take back what I said. Video games are no longer epic if they include a super hero with suction cups attached to its head.

edit: oh wait!! That’s that one cucumber dude from that thing! That Christian show! My parents forced me to watch it cause I watch He-Man, Thundercats, and Reboot.

I hated it
he is going to beat you to death
1575987880593.png

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
So the leaked RE:Mind trailer was shown at the State of Play after all... and they also announced that there'll be another trailer for Ghost of Tsushima at TGA.

Yeah...that's a pretty big blow to the KOS-MOS leak.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well State of play is done.

Turns out Project Resistance was actually REsident Evil's multiplayer mode.
And Ghosts of Tushima will be at The Game Awards.
That's announced an announcement.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

edit: oh wait!! That’s that one cucumber dude from that thing! That Christian show! My parents forced me to watch it cause I watched too much He-Man, Thundercats, and Reboot. They thought it was poisoning me with secularism.

I hated it
It’s veggie tales for clarification

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even then, Torna's issue was that the side quests were mandatory and that wasn't apparent until the very end of the game.

Which means it's time to do like 30 slow and reptetitive fetch quests for four hours or something.
I did mentions those issues in the next or so post of mine.

And yes, I agree with you here, but hey, at least you didn't have to see a shiny rock give you useless trash for 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom